My House Model: An Overview

Q&A and discussion on Houses including house models and domification systems.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: My House Model: An Overview

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:33 am

I recently spent some time trying to pin down the articulation of these two (theoretical) daily rhythms. I haven't stated them as fully as I'd like above. There is also the fact that, with two distinctive rhythms going (one based on Asc-Dsc, and the other on MC-IC), each angular-cadent pair seems to "drop out" of the cycle it's in the middle of; so I've developed that a bit more.

For the cycle related to the Horizon (swinging between maximum selfness at Asc and maximum othersness at Dsc):

1st - Peaking of selfness. Self-presentation.

12th - Plunged into hemicycle that gradually attunes to Others. Initial resistance creates self vs. selfless crisis. Forced toward self-sacrifice (against all habituation). Disidentification = unconsciousness, etc. "Unknown others."

11th - Free, spontaneous surge or flow toward othersness, still habituated to self-orientation; thus, the individual within the context of others.

10th - Midpoint of the hemicycle of othersness, fair integration into Others / public concept; therefore, full incorporation of the other (culminating) themes with public, outer, others.

9th - Other house themes exist in the context of community. (Much more community integration and surrender of self to community than 11th.)

8th - Approaching maximum Others peak. 8th represents proxy-others (things akin to and nearly equated to specific others). Other house themes exist in the context of others.

7th - Peaking of othersness. "Known others."

6th - Plunged into hemicycle that gradually attunes to Self. Initial resistance to selfness creates others vs. self crisis. Forced toward self-reliance, self-orientation (against all habituation).

5th - Free, spontaneous surge or flow toward selfness, still habituated to others-orientation. Vital self-expression.

4th - Midpoint of the hemicycle of selfness, fair integration into self / privacy / personal concept; therefore, full incorporation of the other (interiorization) themes with this.

3rd - Psychological resources basic to pending self-injection into the world, arising from the first tentative explorations of one's physical & psychological environment.

2nd - Approaching maximum Self peak. 2nd represents proxy-selves (things akin to and nearly equated with ourselves); and, especially, powerful energies pushing out from us into the world as our competitive self-injection into the world.

1st - Peaking of selfness. Self-presentation.

For the cycle related to the Meridian (swinging between maximum inner, private, intimate themes at IC and maximum outer, public themes at MC):

4th - Peaking of in-turning: inner, private, intimate.

3rd - Plunged into hemicycle reaching Outward. Initial resistance keeps attention within initially narrow field, managing phenomena still "close to home."

2nd - Free, spontaneous surge or flow toward public/outer, streaming out into the world, still habituated to inner/private "mine").

1st - Midpoint of the hemicycle of exteriorization. Self (as maximized at Asc) exists to be externalized: self-expression or (perhaps better) self-presentation.

12th - First participation in the collective/outer, in the larger world outside oneself and one's immediate domain.

11th - Approaching maximum peak Outward expression. Aspiration, swelling energies pushing toward culmination.

10th - Peaking of Outer or Public. Culmination, maximum exteriorization.

9th - Plunged into hemicycle reaching Inward. Crisis of Outer-focus or public vs. Inner-focus or private. Initial resistance keeps attention anchored in public/outer contexts for the inner reach.

8th - Free, spontaneous surge or flow toward inner/private, stirring ones inner world while still habituated to outer/public.

7th - Midpoint of the hemicycle of interiorization. Othersness (as maximized at Dsc) is intended to be intimate, private, more deeply personal.

6th - First withdrawal from the public/collective, into the private, more contained world within oneself and in one's immediate domain. [This one needs work.]

5th - Approaching maximum peak Inward expression. Powerful energies surge toward one's private, intimate, inner expression. [I need to tweak this better to represent the "build-up" into the 4th.]

4th - Peaking of in-turning: inner, private, intimate.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Now... how easily and obviously to these combine into obvious expressions of something resembling traditional meanings?

3rd HOUSE
Process of shifting from the most private, contained parts of one's psyche and environment, toward an impulse to inject oneself into the world. Curiosity & 'inquiry for these explorations. Attention is kept "close to home," parochial. Reflects one's relationship to the basic pattern of one's mind.

2nd HOUSE
Process of surging oneself competitively and effectively into the world (the battle of life). Attachment to, or near-Identification of oneself with, property, wealth, and other resources ("proxy selves").

1st HOUSE
One's self-presentation: the version of ourselves we externalize or present to the world. Process of focusing attention on oneself. Life.

12th HOUSE
Process of surrendering distinctive selfhood or self-identifications to the collective. Voluntary or involuntary selflessness, self-sacrifice, or self-surrender. Subconscious (disidentified) aspects of oneself and one's psyche. Blind spots from what is consciously unknown. Relationship to unknown aspects of others. Solitude, withdrawal.

11th HOUSE
Relationships with groups, colleagues, and other (non-intimate) friends, Standing as an individual in relationship to the collective. Spontaneous surging or flowing of energy into such relationships. Aspiration, hopes, wishes, dreams, patronage, and lending them emotional force.

10th HOUSE
Culmination, attainment, worldly esteem, all ideas of heights and elevation, all aspects of one's "public life." Identity (one's driving mission) as manifest in the world. Broadly, the principle of maximum exteriorization of one's energies, unfolding from deep within. Early relationship with or attitudes concerning one parent. Other hierarchical relationships.

9th HOUSE
Inner exploration, especially within the framework of community and culturally established institutions (religion, law, higher education, etc.). Tensions between the pull of outer, public values and inner, private values (e.g., integrity conflicts).

8th HOUSE
Powerful surge or flow of energy toward the inner or private spaces (depths of the psyche), stirring one's inner world. These stirrings occur in the context of others, especially close (intimate) others. The stirred content commonly appears as projection material, as the house is strongly connected to "proxy others,"
8th represents proxy-others (things akin to and nearly equated to specific others). Other themes exist in the context of "proxy others," i.e., property, traits, or other resources of other people. Existential confrontation.

7th HOUSE
Process of focusing attention on others, especially close, known, more deeply personal others (whether friend or foe). "Equal opposites." Death.

6th HOUSE
Process of developing self-reliance and self-sufficiency, primarily through work. This need arises from tending to value others and their needs ahead of one's own and other forms of tension between Others and Self. The common ground of these seeming opposites is in service; failure in the balance especially impacts health adversely.

5th HOUSE
Free, spontaneous surging of self-expression and emotional vitality in diverse, energetic forms, including creativity (including procreativity), drama, sex and romance, and play and other recreation. Primarily shared activities, not solitary.

4th HOUSE
Depths, privacy, intimacy, interiorization. Relation to formative environment, early psychological patterning, parents (initially both), and "roots" (in the widest sense), including patterning for laterforgin one's own home or sanctuary.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

It occurred to me on the way home today... new words... that while the hemicycles to MC and IC are, respectively, externalizing and internalizing (moving outward / moving inward), the hemicycles moving toward Asc and Dsc - which I have characterized as moving toward fullest identification with self and other, respectively - are moves toward emerging and submerging.

This probbly needs more explanation, but I understand it and am mostly posting this as a note to myself.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com