2018 Capsolar

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Re: 2018 Capsolar

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:10 pm

I'd worry far more about inflation than recession at this point. Most people's wages are stagnant, and most employers are not increasing wages despite the recent tax bill. By diddling the Federal Reserve and trying to amp up the stock market, the current administration is (purposely!) causing inflation, and will continue to do so. And it's going to be a disaster for our economy and our country.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm

We will definitely be down for the week. The Dow just dropped another thousand points (1,032 at the moment), after hovering around 500 down all day. I'm pretty sure it's not going to recover 2,500 point or so tomorrow - meaning, we have two down-flipped weeks in a row.

ADDED LATER: Well, there go another 1,032 points on the Dow. - Time to get out the calculator. I think it topped January 26 at 26,617. It closed today at 23,860. That's 10.35% drop below the January 26 value. We're in "correction" territory, folks! Tomorrow will be very interesting. Obviously we're going to be down for the week two down-flipped weeks in a row. It's been a while.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Yes, defintely in correction mode. How long? If we are analyzing this Capsolar Moon-Mercury-Saturn triple cnj correctly, I would expect we will be in correction mode all year. How deep will correction be? At least 20%, but the rate it is dropping, probably more than 20%.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 pm
Syria (Damascus): Venus Jupiter (05') (Sun Mars Pluto). Sun-Venus Venus-Jupiter Mars-Jupiter (Sun-Uranus Venus-Uranus). [Peace in Syria?!?]
I want to acknowledge that this one-line prediction is as far from the truth as could be. It's been pure hell in Syria recently, between the government's continued attacks on its own people and accelerated U.S. air attacks against Syrian pro-regime forces.

The year isn't over by a long shot but, so far, "peace in Syria" is exactly the opposite of what we are seeing.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 pm
ASIA
North Korea (Pyongyang): Jupiter (Mars). Mars-Jupiter. [Continue on high-success roll but more aggressive. Note curio of Lunar Node on meridian.]
South Korea (Seoul): Jupiter (Mars). Mars-Jupiter. [Same as North.]
Meanwhile... it's time for the Olympics!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

TheScales_BothWays
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 am

This year is an election year for Malaysia. An election has to be done on or before 24 August 2018, and the Parliament of Malaysia will automatically dissolve on 24 June 2018, if not earlier. Jim and others, what does the Malaysian Capsolar say in general?

Current Prime Minister, Najib Razak would be leading the ruling party while former Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohamad leads the opposition. If Mahathir wins the election, he will be Prime Minister again until Anwar Ibrahim, the founder of the opposition party finishes his jail sentence for "committing sodomy."

Some Malaysians (even some opposition MP's) aren't too happy that Mahathir Mohamad is leading the opposition. A description from Mahathir's wikipedia article:
During Mahathir's tenure as Prime Minister, Malaysia experienced a period of rapid modernisation and economic growth, and his government initiated a series of bold infrastructure projects. Mahathir was a dominant political figure, winning five consecutive general elections and fending off a series of rivals for the leadership of UMNO. However, his accumulation of power came at the expense of the independence of the judiciary and the traditional powers and privileges of Malaysia's royalty. He deployed the controversial Internal Security Act to detain activists, non-mainstream religious figures, and political opponents including the Deputy Prime Minister he fired in 1998, Anwar Ibrahim. (Me: The rivalry between Mahathir and Anwar that has now become an alliance is a long story.) Mahathir's record of curbing civil liberties and his antagonism towards western interests and economic policy made his relationships with the United States, United Kingdom and Australia, among others, difficult. As Prime Minister, he was an advocate of third-world development and a prominent international activist for causes, such as the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa and the interests of Bosnians in the 1990s Balkans conflict..
(Note: Doesn't this description complement well with Malaysia's Current Capsolar? Sun-Venus-Uranus, and then there's also Pluto angular.)

He also created economic and educational policies favouring the Bumiputera, (the Malays and indigenous Malaysians), a cause of much resentment among non-Malay/indigenous Malaysian citizens. From wikipedia:
In the 1970s, the Malaysian government implemented policies which The Economist called "racially discriminatory" designed to favour bumiputras (including affirmative action in public education) to create opportunities, and to defuse interethnic tensions following the extended violence against Chinese Malaysian in the 13 May Incident in 1969. These policies have succeeded in creating a significant urban Malay and Native Bornean middle class as well. They have been less effective in eradicating poverty among rural communities. Some analysts have noted a backlash of resentment from excluded groups, in particular the sizeable Chinese and Indian Malaysian minorities.
The situation (at least here and in urban cities) seems like a mild dilemma, between a rock and a hard place, although support for the opposition is steadily and strongly rising.

Najib Razak was born on July 23, 1953 in Kuala Lipis, Malaysia. I have estimated a birth time of 9.30 or 9.45am a long time ago, based on very few but key events, but it could definitely be wrong.
Mahathir Mohamad was born on July 10, 1925 in Alor Setar, Malaysia. From astro.com:
Author Barry Wain, quotes an interview where Mahathir explains that his real birth date is 10th July 1925. His father registered his birth date as 20th December 1925 (which is shown on his birth certificate, and is celebrated as his official birthday) "to ensure his son could start the first year of primary school without any of the usual arguments about having to wait until the following intake. Mahathir’s birth certificate showed he was born on 20 December 1925, and it remained his official birthday, being chosen by the government, for example, as the day on which to open his old house as a museum. But, as Mahathir discovered from notes written by his father in the back of a dictionary, he was actually born five months earlier [July 10, 1925]. His father had given all the boys arbitrary December birth dates, while recording the correct dates in the dictionary
Anwar Ibrahim was born on August 10, 1947, on Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia.

P.S. I wish I could exercise my right to vote! Unlike most countries, Malaysia's voting age is 21, not 18. (And I'm 18.) :?

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Malaysia

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am

Taking a look at Malaysia. First, editing the above for the bullet points:

Election must by held by 24 August 2018.
Parliament automatically dissolves 24 June 2018 regardless.

Current PM Razak, leads the ruling party. Born 7/23/53, Kuala Lipis, Malaysia, possibly 9:30 to 9:45 AM (Scales rectification).
Former PM Mahathir leads the opposition. Born 7/10/25, Alor Setar, Malaysia per him, but possibly half a year later. If Mahathir wins, he is Prime Minister again until Anwar Ibrahim finishes his jail sentence for "committing sodomy."

So, keeping it to the mundane charts instead of the personal charts, especially for this thread:

THE CAPSOLAR FOR KUALA LUMPUR certainly shows a revolutionary impact on the state of government, and probably a strong change of power. Here is the breakdown:

Moon-Mercury-Saturn conjunction (for the whole world)
Uranus 0°04' from Asc, Pluto 1°43' from MC, with the following foreground aspects:
-- Sun-Uranus sq. 0°21'
-- Sun-Venus conj. 1°25'
-- Venus-Uranus sq. 1°46'
-- Uranus-Pluto sq. 1°47' in mundo

The real stand-outs here are, of course, the EXACTLY rising Uranus, the Sun-Uranus square, and the Uranus-Pluto mundane square. Sun-Uranus often occurs under "change of leadership" conditions. Uranus-Pluto shows big, overwhelming reversals of conditions and, with all the Sagittarius focus among outer planets these days (and the world-wide Moon-Saturn conjunction), sounds to me like a continuation of the "Trump wave" of oppressive conservatism and narrowness.

So, I guess my first impression of this is that it will be change of government, through out the current guy, and go with the oppressive aff.

THE CURRENT CANSOLAR from last summer is quite severe, with Saturn about 1° from AScendant for Kuala Lumpur. One would expect that times have been harsh, depriving, and narrowing.

THE UPCOMING ARISOLAR in mid-April would cover the month under which Parliament must dissolve. However, it is dormant. Too bad, because not far away Venus is rising, well-aspected. (More like Cambodia for the Venus, Vietnam for the Jupiter.) So the Capsolar covers the dissolution of parliament. (Am I correct that this forces the new election?)

THE NEW CANSOLAR in mid-July is also dormant; which is good, because if the widely foreground planets were closer to the angles, it would really suck. The one advantage of the new Cansolar is that it gets rid of the old one - gets rid of that exactly rising Saturn. That should relieve some oppressive pressure.

But this also means that the Capsolar is the one chart showing long-term patterns between now and the election, and it has the meaning given above.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:55 am

Jim wrote:
So, I guess my first impression of this is that it will be change of government,
I agree. I would be somewhat :shock: if there was not a change in government. Very potent 'change' symbolism with Malaysia Capsolar. If there was a strong underdog candidate with betting odds, I would put a small wager on for a significant upset. I wish we had a definite election date for analysis of the Cap/Can Q''s.

TheScales_BothWays
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by TheScales_BothWays » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:15 am

Thank you so much Jim for your analysis on the 2018 Kuala Lumpur Capsolar. It's very enlightening, and clarified my confusions.

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:04 am
Uranus 0°04' from Asc, Pluto 1°43' from MC, with the following foreground aspects:
I think you missed the Sun being angular too, it's partile squaring the Ascendant. Although it's not obvious since the Ascendant's in Pisces, not Aries.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
THE CURRENT CANSOLAR from last summer is quite severe, with Saturn about 1° from AScendant for Kuala Lumpur. One would expect that times have been harsh, depriving, and narrowing.
To be frank, I'm not as tuned into the nation's happenings as I used to be, so I'm not aware if Malaysia is under a Saturn period in a mundane sense. If in the more broad natal/solar return sense, then I would agree better.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
The real stand-outs here are, of course, the EXACTLY rising Uranus, the Sun-Uranus square, and the Uranus-Pluto mundane square. Sun-Uranus often occurs under "change of leadership" conditions. Uranus-Pluto shows big, overwhelming reversals of conditions and, with all the Sagittarius focus among outer planets these days (and the world-wide Moon-Saturn conjunction), sounds to me like a continuation of the "Trump wave" of oppressive conservatism and narrowness.

So, I guess my first impression of this is that it will be change of government, through out the current guy, and go with the oppressive aff.
My thoughts exactly. Ugh...😒
So the Capsolar covers the dissolution of parliament. (Am I correct that this forces the new election?)
Actually, the election should be held no later than two months after the dissolution. Hence why the election must be held by August 24, which is two months exactly from the date the Parliament must dissolve by. (June 24)

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am

If the DOW does not make new highs from the most important State of the Union top during DC's 2018 Capsolar, I allow a 60% chance that we have seen a major top. If this is the case, then we probably will see a major bottom with the very nasty DC 2021 Capsolar.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm

I just noticed (hadn't looked before): Among the actual planets (not hypotheticals) that may or may not have astrological relevance, Eris - which appears to indicate chaos - is 0°07' from Descendant in the Washington Capsolar.

This gives us a Pluto-Eris square (2°45' in mundo) and Uranus-Eris conjunction (1°53' in eclipto).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Re: Interpretation of 2018 Capsolar

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:29 pm
Commerce is interrupted in the new, more negative environment. More newspapers go out of business, and more small business close their doors.
Apparently more large businesses, too. A friend (long-standing Tropical mundane astrologer Richard Nolle), mentioned today the following: In just over two weeks, the following has happened:

Toys R Us liquidating
Claire's announced bankruptcy plans
Best Buy is closing 257 outlets
Kay/Jared/Zales closing 200
Ann Taylor closing 400'
Foot Locker closing 110'
Mattress Firm closing 175
Winn-Dixie closing 94
A&F closing 60
The Walking Co. bankrupt
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:56 pm

Very appropriate happenings for the triple cnj of Moon-Mercury-Saturn in the Capsolar. Retail stores are rapidly dying and online ordering is now dominating. Too much hassle to go out and shop, fighting the terrible traffic problems. Also the baby boomers are aged to the point it is becoming very dangerous for them driving in metro areas. Also the expense of gas.

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:50 am

Jim, with our recent discoveries with the March 8th, 1993 Storm of the Century and Sidereal Mundane Astrology (SMA), we need to discuss the July 12 Partial Solar Eclipse for July 12, 2018. Note:

Eclipse degree: 25,42 Gemini
DC’s 2018 Capsolar MC: 26,59 Gemini
Transiting Pluto: 25,01 Sagittarius

And, with our recent discussion about Planetary Nodes, we note Pluto’s Nodes wired in partile cnj-180 with this Eclipse, with Pluto’s latitude being only 00,10. I see this as a triple whammy effect of Pluto symbolism with Pluto angular in the Capsolar. I read this as a possible high impact Pluto event for USA-World and with Pluto symbolizing ‘stunning & shocking’ incidents, well, you get the picture.

Also, when we cast this eclipse itself for DC, we see mundo Venus partile cnj DC’s Descendant. Don’t really know how to read this unless we focus on a major Venus incident, maybe some type of possible major Peace (Venus) accord, but probably wishful thinking on my part with the current condition for State of World.

Anyway, I see with high % a very significant DC-World event occurring around July 12, 2018 with Sidereal Astrology.

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:46 am

The following link is the July 12, 2018 Partial Solar Eclipse chart for Washington DC (Eclipto), but Mundo Venus is 00,30 cnj Descendant, which is the main theme for this chart. But also, very important, Venus the main theme of this chart is tightly aspected involving a Grand trine with Saturn & Uranus. So, we can expect high % something is going to occur pertaining to relationships (partnerships) on USA stage. Although not partile aspected, this Grand Trine probably classifies itself as an ‘outstanding incident’ Grand Trine. But, do not forget, this DC eclipse is strongly flavored with Pluto, ‘stunning—shocking’ incidents for this Grand Trine. This is going to be very interesting since this eclipse falls on the MC of DC’s 2018 Capsolar---THE MASTER MUNDANE CHART FOR USA 2018 YEAR.

https://imgur.com/a/YI22C

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:50 am

Indeed it does fall along that meridian, and that could be very interesting. Is this an intensification of Midheaven, or something consistent with "blotting out the solar figure themed to Midheaven" (i.e., the president), or just an intense Pluto theme?

One thing about the eclipse's own symbolism, though: I couldn't understand at first why you said Venus was exactly setting, when I got it about 3° below. Then I realized... oh, yeah, one more of those technical things that is subject to debate. You calculated the eclipse for the exact moment of the Sun-Moon conjunction in the zodiac. However, that's not the moment of maximum totality.

The Moon-Sun conjunction is exact at 10:48 AM. Maximum totality is 11:01 AM. I don't know of any evidence proving which (if either) is a better chart, but I've always used maximum totality (at least, since I've had the ability to calculate it).

In Solar Fire, if you calculate an eclipse by selecting New Moon (on the Lunar Phase & Eclipses tool), you get the ecliptical conjunction. However, if you pick one of the options labelled Eclipse (there are several), it gives you the time of maximum totality (the eclipse peak)

Oh, I do have one possible example on which is better, but it's only a single case - doesn't prove anything. The August 21, 2017 eclipse occurred within minutes of Midheaven for Houston if you take the moment of maximum totality, 1:25 PM. You may recall that this eclipse occurred 5 days before Hurricane Harvey struck Houston. Calculating for the time of the Sun-Moon conjunction (1:30 PM) doesn't change things much in this case (the eclipse was so total that there is only a 5 minute difference in time), but it does put Sun-Moon about a degree and a half from Houston's MC rather than conjunct MC almost to the minute. In a more practical vein, maximum totality places Mars 1°54' from square Houston's MC (within the 2° orb I'd count), and the conjunction time puts Mars 2°59' from square Ascendant (from which I would not expect a result).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am

Jim wrote:
The Moon-Sun conjunction is exact at 10:48 AM. Maximum totality is 11:01 AM. I don't know of any evidence proving which (if either) is a better chart, but I've always used maximum totality (at least, since I've had the ability to calculate it).
I understand Jim, food for thought. But I go back to that Supermom March 8, 1993 calculated to exact full moon in DC showing the par-excellent angular Saturn-Pluto partile 90. Since this is a partial solar eclipse on the other side of the world, we will have to wait and see if we see par-excellent angular symbolism with mundo Venus 0,30 cnj DC Dsc wrapped into the Grand Trine with Saturn-Uranus with the New Moon calculated to DC. If we don’t see an ‘outstanding incident’—then I would think your maximum totality for this partial solar offering no Venus partile DC Dsc would certain explain why no ‘outstanding incident’. Also, very important to remember Trump’s preceding Sun-Saturn SLR & DSLR.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:03 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 am
I understand Jim, food for thought. But I go back to that Supermom March 8, 1993 calculated to exact full moon in DC showing the par-excellent angular Saturn-Pluto partile 90.
Yes, the Supermoon isn't affected by the issue of "totality." There is not a second competing theory - just the time of the exact Sun-Moon conjunction.

Eclipses are their own kind of ani-mule.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:32 pm

I hear you Jim, I never have worked with angles with totality so no experience to judge. What about Pluto Nodes being particle 0 & 180 the July 12 eclipse? Any insights?

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Steve, I found another example that supports where you're going with eclipse vs. Capsolar interface.

Taliban forces made a final assault on, and seized, the city of Kundiz (Qonduz), Afghanistan near dawn (which was 5:48 AM) on September 28, 2015. Within a few hours, they took complete control. A total lunar eclipse occurred in the early hours of this assault, September 28, 7:17AM (about an hour and a half after the assault began), with the following:

8°34' Gemini - Kundiz Capsolar Asc
8°41' Pisces - lunar eclipse Moon\
8°43' Virgo - lunar eclipse Sun
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:48 pm

Jim wrote:
A total lunar eclipse occurred in the early hours of this assault, September 28, 7:17AM (about an hour and a half after the assault began), with the following:

8°34' Gemini - Kundiz Capsolar Asc
8°41' Pisces - lunar eclipse Moon\
8°43' Virgo - lunar eclipse Sun
Impressive Jim. We definitely need to check each year for these types Capsolar interfaces in DC. Note for Full Moon Qonduz, Saturn azi 87,28 1,08 square Mars for the attack and probably destruction.

SteveS
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:52 am

“The effects that the exploding populations of redcedar is having on the state might be compared to the soil erosion that occurred during the ‘Dust Bowl’ era of the 1930s-40s. It is becoming a problem in almost all coun­ties, and will take years and millions of dollars to bring the spread of cedars under control.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topst ... li=BBnb7Kz

Aside from the ever-present geo-political situations in DC, this may warrant monitoring from a weather standpoint. I did some SMA research with the ‘Dust Bowl’ and noticed some distinct Cardinal Sun-Pluto symbolism. In the DC Capsolar there is a partile Sun/Pluto=IC, with both Sun & Pluto in the immediate foreground.