Aug 12 1945 Tokyo Surrender Vote CapQ

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
SteveS
Nabu
Aug 12 1945 Tokyo Surrender Vote CapQ

Post by SteveS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:28 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan
After A-Bombs were dropped on Hiroshima Japan (Aug 6, 1945) and Nagasaki Japan (Aug 9,1945), a six-member government entity finally passed a majority to surrender to the US Aug 12, official statement released Aug 15. This same six member entity debated surrender several days after the A-bombs were dropped on their country, but could not reach a majority surrender vote until a few days after their country was nuked. The Aug 12, 1945 Tokyo CapQ is malefically astounding!
https://ibb.co/gLh3Na

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Aug 12 1945 Tokyo Surrender Vote CapQ

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:23 am

That's pretty malignant for Tokyo, indeed!

I hadn't really looked at this from Tokyo's perspective. I've studied the end of the war with Japan from the perspective of England and U.S., but I guess I never looked at it for Tokyo. For England and the U.S., the astrologically significant moment seems to be the formal act of surrender September 2, 9:00 AM.

September 2 is astrologically complicated - doesn't look as good for England as it might - because, the same day, the U.S. ended its five-year lend-lease agreement with England, instantly undercutting England's economy. This is probably why, while the U.S. celebrates September 2 as VJ Day, England celebrates the August 15 date that you mention.

For the whole world, Saturn squared Cansolar Moon August 12 to September 24, looping all this together for all parts of the world - which I find strange for the end of so devastating a war, and can only interpret as assessing the aftermath, coming to terms with the losses. It still isn't entirely satisfying.

But England and the U.S. both had Jupiter angular for the Cansolar, showing victory, and a lot of Uranus through the charts (with the U.S. having a fair bit of Venus). But it's all complicated.

Ah, but Tokyo? I think you nailed it. The moment they admitted to themselves and the world that they lost is... quite a killer.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Aug 12 1945 Tokyo Surrender Vote CapQ

Post by SteveS » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:28 pm

Jim wrote:
Ah, but Tokyo? I think you nailed it. The moment they admitted to themselves and the world that they lost is... quite a killer.
Exactly, a massive psychological "killer" with the voting government leaders of Japan.