15° Ingresses?

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
15° Ingresses?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 pm

I have 17 charts for major fires where the Sun is in a Spoke constellation, or the last half of a Hub constellation. This will be my pilot set for testing a theory raised today that "ingresses" might arise at 15°00' Hub.

Earlier tests of non-Rim sign ingresses showed him of no value. Is this mid-quadrant different?

Since even Arisolar and Libsolar ingresses perform badly on transits and quotidians, there is no good reason to check those items here. I'm only going to check how the ingress looks on its face. If this approach has any value comparable to other valid techniques, we should get at least 7 out of 8 scoring a _1 or higher.

PS - I did Friendship Theater for Beijing because, in the normal analysis, that's the only place anything seriously showed, and the ingress below was dormant anyway. This seems to put this technique on a par with the other techniques for that event.

Winecoff Hotel Fire: (Dormant)
Triangle Shirtwaist Fire: +1 (almost 0)
Thumb Fire: +2 (closer to 1.5)
Peshtigo Fire: -1
Oakland Ghost Ship Fire: +2
Niteroi Circus Fire: (Dormant.)
Luoyang Christmas Fire: +2
Lame Horse Nightclub Fire: (Dormant.)
Kollam Temple Fire: +2
Iroquois Theater Fire: +1
Happy Land Social Club Fire: +2
Griffith Park Fire: +3
Great London Fire: +3
Great Chicago Fire: -1
Friendship Theater Fire (Beijing): +2
Conway Theater Fire: +2
Cloquet Fire: +2
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: 15° Ingresses?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:30 pm

14 of these are non-dormant. Their scores are:

+3: 2
+2: 8
+1: 2
0: 0
-1: 2
-2: 0
-3: 0

This gives 12 our of 14 with a score of +1 or higher - 86% or (given a tiny bit for rounding) exactly the "7 out of 8" I predicted (which would have been 12.25 with a score of +1 or higher - we got exactly as close as could be with exactly 14 examples).

So... damn. I didn't want this good of a result. This now requires me to check every single example in our data set and, if validated, makes the system even more complicated. If I do more spot-checking, I'll post anything interesting here. I hope the above scores were a lark.

But this is important to understand: I've tried other "new charts" for SMA before. I've tried non-Cardinal ingresses, Ennead-like charts from 0° Capricorn, Anlunar-like lunar returns to Capsolar Moon - they've all produced random results nowhere near as high as the main solar and lunar ingresses that have proven themselves. In contrast, this technique (I don't even have a name for it; I suppose "Octal Ingresses," similar to the "Quarter Ingresses") actually matches the "7-of-8 or better" scores that are the baseline of the primary techniques.

Ugh.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:38 pm

How do we do these "Octal" Ingresses with SF? Is there an easy explanation? If not, don't bother to explain, I have already given your mind a headache with Fagan's 55 article. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:44 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:38 pm
How do we do these "Octal" Ingresses with SF? Is there an easy explanation? If not, don't bother to explain, I have already given your mind a headache with Fagan's 55 article. :)
When you use the Advanced button for a solar/lunar return, you are used to pulling down the menu to get a sign under "Position or Ingress," right? (I don't use the drop-down, I just type the two-letter sign abbreviation: Cp, Cn, etc.)

In that field, type 15 Ta to get 15°00'00" Taurus etc. In fact (here is a handy SF trick), under "Natal Position" above, put a 4 as if you were doing a quarti-return. Then pick "Position or Ingress" and put in 15 Ta (or any of the mid-hubs). With the 4 in the top box, this will now take any fourth-harmonic (full, demi, quarti) of the value under "Position or Ingress." In theory, you could always get "most recent lunar Cardinal ingress" by putting a 4 above, and 0 Cp below.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks Jim, great. BTW, where is the thread that has all the early Sidereal Astrologers natal data?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:54 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:49 pm
BTW, where is the thread that has all the early Sidereal Astrologers natal data?
Hmm, not sure. I know I've seen it since we moved. (I'm rebuilding the search index right now, so it might not work right until tomorrow).

You can always get those charts here, on the companion site:
http://www.solunars.org/founders.htm

Ah, wait, Google came through. Here it is in "Many Things" -
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=536
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank Jim.