Article on Astrology becoming popular again

General discussion. What do you want to talk about?
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Article on Astrology becoming popular again

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 am

Solar Fire and other such programs cost more money and have a steeper learning curve, especially for Sidereal astrology, than a beginning astrology student might be able to manage. It can be a real barrier. I think supplying your students with a clearly written handout detailing how to set up a Sidereal chart on astro.com would be a good idea.

Sometimes even people who own Solar Fire don't choose to go upstairs and fire up the Windows machine. Honestly, I think astro.com's extended chart options are a huge and continuing support for all branches of astrology.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 am

Yes, Marion is a big fan of astro.com - what she has used for years. I've never taken the time to figure out how to make it the slightest bit tolerable for me, but a couple of times I've asked her to do an astro.com intro for people, and it serves them well.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:49 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 am
I think supplying your students with a clearly written handout detailing how to set up a Sidereal chart on astro.com would be a good idea.
Honestly, I think astro.com's extended chart options are a huge and continuing support for all branches of astrology.
That's what I forgot. In recent year I did every chart at astro.com until I rolled my own software using their free Swiss Ephemeris dll. It's a really great resource and the calculations are 100% free.
Time matters

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:40 am
Yes, Marion is a big fan of astro.com - what she has used for years. I've never taken the time to figure out how to make it the slightest bit tolerable for me, but a couple of times I've asked her to do an astro.com intro for people, and it serves them well.
That's basically why I roll my own. Their sidereal offerings need some improvement:
  • Ingress charts.
  • SQ's NQ's, and PSSR's.
  • Correct presentation of Solunars. The numbers are spot on, but it's really grating to see any other format but the return planet outside, natal planets inside in the framework of the return chart angles.
I've more than half a mind to email Dr. Alois Treindl and try to get a discussion going, but I lack the technical expertise to handle the progressions. Does anything else belong on the list?
Time matters

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:55 am

astro.com already does SQs just fine. They don't do PSSRs (Nobody correctly does PSSRs except Riyal) because PSSRs are progressed in a whole different manner. BTW, you can set astro.com to use the Solar Arc/MC method by checking the box down toward the bottom of the extended chart selection page.

I think they've had such discussions before. The FAQ addresses trying to get stuff added to their already extensive and free(!) service. See #3: https://www.astro.com/faq/fq_fh_methods_e.htm

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

Thanks guys for all the feedback, and yes JSAD, I totally agree with everything you say about Solarfire and the free software at astro.com, but I know exactly nothing about this free astro program. If anyone cares to write out detailed instructions for using this free software with the main solunar charts, I would appreciate, and will definitely pass along to new interested students. But, at the same time I will encourage Solarfire to the serious students who can afford, since I will be encouraging all interested students to Jim’s Solunars forum which already has a-lot of Solarfire detailed instructions with Jim and I married to Solarfire. Mike, depending on if I can stimulate good demand and further interest, I may ask class for optional donations for you possibly developing a very simple Sidereal Astrology program designed specifically for the new Sidereal Astrology student. Just a possible :idea: that pop into my mind.

To change the subject, learned yesterday we all now have very economical access to large HD Monitor Screens. Why and How? China is flooding the Wall Marts with very cheep large Screen TV’s, China is scared Trump is going to f--k em on trade. Many households are buying these TV’s fast with their 5-8-year-old TV sets biting the dust or knowing their old TV sets are near an expensive repair situation, but only for the guts of the TV, not the TV Screens. I have been using TV repairman who has helped me a-lot over the years on other things besides TV’s, and yesterday I purchased for 50$ a 44-inch HD TV Screen to be used in classroom. I already have an extra 15-foot HDMI cord which I can connect to my laptop converting the TV Screen into a large Classroom computer monitor. By what my TV repairman told me---all TV repair shops, if they have not already gone under yet with the China flood of cheap TV’s driving the TV repair shops out of business, have bunches of old TV sets with large Screens that their customers have GIVEN them when they find out a repair job will cost 200-250$---and they know for the same amount of $ they can purchase a new cheap large screen TV. My TV repairman has 11 large working HD TV Screens in his small repair shop, but fears his days as a long time TV repairman are numbered. :(

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:02 pm

Thanks for the info, JSAD. I was afraid it wouldn't be productive to contact them.

Steve, astro.com does everything on line, just go to their website and navigate to "Extended Chart Selection". By all means, encourage Solar Fire for the students who are sufficiently committed and have the $. But astro.com is IMO the best free resource for the broke or unsure. I'd advise you to learn it and teach it. The chart section is easy to use, but PM me if you'd like a detailed step-by-step. If the demand is there, I'd be happy to work on a simple program you could make available to students. We'd need to discuss means of compensation, as a direct payment would be seized by the state as an offset to my Medi-Cal costs.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Mike wrote:
Steve, astro.com does everything on line, just go to their website and navigate to "Extended Chart Selection".
Will do Mike, thanks
Mike wrote:
I'd advise you to learn it and teach it. The chart section is easy to use, but PM me if you'd like a detailed step-by-step.
Damn good advice Mike & JSAD, yes, I will PM you or post to you and JSAD for detailed step-by-step, if needed. I am one of those Virgo’s that always need ‘step by step’ instructions for my confused style learning curves with completely new stuff..

I want to post later my dream simple Sidereal Astrology program for the new student as well as for all of us. Probably a pipe dream, but I still want to bounce it off everyone for their take.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:05 pm

Steve, I think if you use the site twice, you'll have it figured out. Go to astro.com, choose "Free Horoscopes" on the menu bar, choose "Extended Chart Selection", create a new account when prompted (I've never gotten spam from them) and follow directions. When you run into something you don't get, let us know what the problem is and we'll tell you what to look for.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:08 am

Thanks JSAD, going to astro.com now.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:41 am

Mission accomplished JSAD 8-) , thanks :) . Can I use this free software to set only outer planet transits (Jup-Pl) to Natal Angles for 1 year, and get any possible hits with a list?

https://imgur.com/a/GIrst

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

No idea, sorry.
Be sure to check out what you get when you click the line that says Additional Tables (PDF) on any chart diagram. (Upper left side right above the box giving the details of the chart.)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:05 am

The more I contemplate JSAD’s link article in this topic, the more I am convinced, the best way for us to spread Jim’s work to any possible new astrology students with Sidereal Astrology is through all forms of Social Media within our communities. I am trying to educate myself with all forms of communications with Social Media. I was talking with my Librarian the other day, asking the best way for me to get educated communicating with all forms of Social Media in my community. She told me there was a junior (female) in High School who tutors senior citizens on the basics of the internet, and she thought she may be able to help me with my learning curve with all forms of social media, stayed tune for further developments about this learning possibility.

I see so many possibilities for us with social media to put ourselves before our communities with whatever our personal objectives are with Sidereal Astrology. My main objective is to figure out a way to teach certain aspects of Sidereal Astrology with a revolving door to classroom teachings. And I know my best style for my brand of teaching will be through my Scorpio Moon where Jim has posted about Scorpio Moons with Fagan’s delineations:
Strong sense of the dramatic and mysterious is added to all they say and do. Popular story-tellers. Love to hold audience's attention.
These words by Fagan are so true for my soul so I want to structure my Sidereal Astrology classroom teachings around my innermost Scorpio Moon core. Everyone loves a good mystery and I love to tell stories, so I am going to tell the story about the beautiful mysterious things about Sidereal Astrology, delivered in a casual manner, mixing in cherry-picked Sidereal Astrology charts. In my mind/soul, Sidereal Astrology charting with AA birth times is the most beautiful mysterious component of my entire life. Sidereal Astrology charting has acted like a life-giving elixir for my life, so I am going to try and extend this through classroom teachings.

I damn sure am going to take astro.com free astrology program and link it up with Facebook in my community with detailed Sidereal Zodiac instructions for anyone who wishes to calculate their Natal Charts, seeing their positions of Sidereal Natal Suns and Moons. At the same time linking those who calculate their charts with all the words Jim has posted on this forum about Sidereal Suns/Moons. I see so much potential for us to expand (Jupiter) the words/teachings of Sidereal Astrology through our communities with free social media. I just need to learn certain specific details about free social community media in order to process/organize through my Virgo mind. As I learn these details—I will post--so any Sidereal Astrologer on this forum has the same options with free social media in their community to put themselves before their public. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am

I am trying to learn how to use Facebook’s “What’s Happening In Town’s/Cities” to post a link to Astro.com free software for any community Facebook members who may want to compute their Sidereal Natal Charts. If I can accomplish this mission, I then want to provide links to Jim’s work on Sidereal Sun-Moon signs. So far, a dead end. Next, I am going to try and make contact with a moderator for Facebook’s “What’s Happening In Springville” for the moderator’s opinion/help. If I can figure out a way to achieve this objective, I will post detailed instructions for all interested members who may want to do the same in their communities. I have a secondary motive for this objective: This will help give me better exposure in my community for possible free classroom teachings on Sidereal Astrology. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:29 am

For any member who may be interested in teaching/consulting Sidereal Astrology within there community, and providing a link to Jim's forum, this begins the Steps Instructions for joining “What’s Happening In (your town/city community).
1: Download the free Facebook app on your I-phone.
2: Then tap the Facebook icon on your I-phone
3: Then tap the ‘search’ box at top of screen.
4: Then type in What’s Happening In (your town/city community).
5: A ‘join’ button will appear, tap the ‘join’ button. You will see a pending button to tap for community guidelines, and possible administers/moderators names. Try to make contact with Adm/Mod to discuss best way for you to teach or consult in your community as a Sidereal Astrologer by communicating through facebook community.

Wait 2-3 days and when you tap the Facebook icon on your phone you will notice you are now joined with your community. I have not exactly figured out the proper processes for posting/responding on community facebook yet, but will post as my learning curve advances.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Here are the detailed FIRST-TIME instructions for new Sidereal Astrology students to get their Sidereal Sun & Moon signs with astro.com free software. I ask members to test and help me tweak these instructions, if necessary.
1: Click on www.astro.com
2: Click on FREE HOROSCOPES (twice) at top of page under Astrodienst. This should move you to Free horoscopes at Astrodienst Page (make sure this is right page).
3: Then you will see Extended Chart Selection page. (click link— ‘click here to go to the data entry page’.
4: You should now be in Birth Data Entry Page
A: Type in your first name or any name. Do not use any last names for security reasons
B: Click Gender button.
C: Next to birthday box, type in day of birth
D: Next to birthday box, click small down black arrow, then click on month of birth.
E: Next to hour box with 3 ???, click on small down black arrow, and then click on your hour of birth. You should notice your hour of birth appear in box preceded by another number (don’t mind this other number)
F: Then click on ‘min’ box and type in the minute of your birth.
G: Then next to country box, click on small black down arrow, then click on your birth State.
H: Then next to birth town box, type in your birth town/city, then click on next box that appears under the town/city box.
I: Then click continue box.
J: Now you should be looking at an Extended Chart Selection Page. Under OPTIONS, you MUST click SIDEREAL box. When you do this, next to Ayanamsha you will see two words: Fagan/Bradley
K: Then the box above OPTIONS which says: ‘click here to show the chart’
Then scroll down to bottom of page, writing down your Sun & Moon signs.
I ask all members who have listed their birth data on this forum to test these detailed instructions for me for feedback to see if they get their correct Sidereal Sun & Moon Signs. Thanks. :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Works.

As long as you're not getting into houses (and why would you) the house system doesn't matter. The MC and ASC are correct.

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:25 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:16 pm
Works.

As long as you're not getting into houses (and why would you) the house system doesn't matter. The MC and ASC are correct.
I disagree. Until the student gets to the point where he will be creating mundoscopes, Campanus is the best approximation of angularity, especially in regard to seeing what's in the backgound. Now, for a birth in southern Mexico, pretty much any quadrant system will do, but in, say, Scotland there is a really big difference between Placidus and Campanus at some times of the day.

Perhaps worth noting: If you sign up for a free membership, you can set personal defaults for all your charts. Mine is of course Sidereal, Fagan/Bradley, Campanus.
Time matters

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:35 am

I am trying to arrange a meeting with the moderator for Facebook’s ‘What’s Happening In Springville.’ First, I want to provide a link for the moderator to JSAD’s article on this thread. Then, I want to discuss with her about the best way for putting a permanent link for astro.com free horoscopes on Springville’s facebook community site. If successful, then I want to link everyone who is interested in their Sidereal Sun-Moon signs to Solunars written words on their Sun-Moon signs. Then linking info about my free Introductory Sidereal Astrology classes in my community. If I can achieve this objective on my community’s facebook page, I figure I can do the same with other communities in my area, at least reaching the eyes of hundreds of thousands members. I figure only a small % of members will be interested in their Sidereal Sun/Moon signs. I am trying to promote/revive the study of Sidereal Astrology for interested new students of astrology, at the same time relieving my retirement boredom by teaching free Sidereal Astrology classes.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 am

Sorry, I didn't put that well.

Steve, if all you're looking for is Sun and Moon position, your instructions are perfect.

Please ignore my confused reaction at 0:Dark-Thirty in the AM over the house system not being what I'm used to.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 am

JSAD wrote:
Steve, if all you're looking for is Sun and Moon position, your instructions are perfect.
Yes, I don’t want to overload the possible new student for Sidereal Astrology, only get them to their Sidereal Sun-Moon interpretations on Jim’s forum. JSAD, the thought just occurred to me: After the new student plugs in their birth data for the FIRST time on astro.com, the format changes for a second entry of birth data. I am thinking, I also need to provide detailed instructions for a second entry of birth data. Do you understand what I am seeing with someone entering a second Natal Chart?

BTW, last night I was contacted to begin my paid for learning classes with Social Media/Facebook-Community at 4:00 PM today at Library. A junior (Matthew) in High School will tutor me. I will eventually be passing on all I learn on this thread with detailed instructions. I am convinced most all possible new students for Sidereal Astrology are millennials and the generation behind them are plugged deeply into most forms of Social Media.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:04 am
JSAD, the thought just occurred to me: After the new student plugs in their birth data for the FIRST time o
n astro.com, the format changes for a second entry of birth data. I am thinking, I also need to provide detailed instructions for a second entry of birth data. Do you understand what I am seeing with someone entering a second Natal Chart?
No, I'm not seeing that. Are you talking about the link at the upper right to "Add A New Person"? That's exactly the same.

On the birth data entry form, just above the continue button, there's a "show/hide extended settings" with a plus sign in front of it. Is that what you mean? If it is, you could mention if that's showing to just ignore it.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks JSAD, I think I now know what to add to instructions, if I do add. I will get back with you on any possible final tweaks to instructions.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

I now know how to navigate, post, respond to posts on 'What's Happening In Springville,' specific instructions later so any member who joins their community facebook will be better informed. I also can now communicate with the Administrator (Beth). Later today, I am sending a PM to Beth asking:

Hi Beth,
I am a retired gentleman 70-year young living in Springville for 34 years. I was wondering if it would be possible/practical to post a permanent link on What’s Happening In Springville where people for free could get their Natal Charts with their Sidereal Sun-Moon signs, with various key word interpretations. This link would be used for only entertainment purposes, no different than standard newspaper Sun Sign astrology. Below is a link article with statistical data showing increase interest in astrology. If you like, I could send you the link for people getting their free Sidereal Sun-Moon Signs with keyword interpretations.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... gy/550034/

Comment-Opinions?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 pm

Talked with a psychic today (Susan), excellent reading about things going on in my immediate environment. I asked her read on me teaching free Sidereal Astrology classes and here are a few of her exact words:
It happens rapidly, like a match to gasoline, I will be overwhelmed.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 am

If you decide to promote your services to your facebook community, ‘What’s Happening In (your town/city)’, understand each town/city facebook community has their own individual rules. Here are the rules in my community, Springville.
Welcome - There's only 3 Rules:
1. Be nice
2. No cussing
3. Ads are only allowed on Mondays
If you're not sure ask by PM
I reserve the right to remove posts or members. 🙂
-admin

10 miles from Springville is a much larger community, Trussville. Their facebook community rules do not allow any adds. This presents no problem for me since my Sidereal Astrology classes are free, a public community service. *** Last night I learned most members on facebook community ‘What’s Happening In’---communicate (PM) with their members through an app called ‘Messenger.’ If you are going to join your facebook community, I highly recommend you download this free app. I love this way of communicating with my community members. You don’t have to give out your private e-mail or phone #. Last night, I started arrangements with Beth (Springville’s community Administrator) with Messenger’s PM, arranging a meeting with her at Springville’s Library about my Sidereal Astrology objectives for Springville’s community. I highly recommend if you become astrologically active in your facebook community—to contact the facebook community Administrator, making sure you do not overstep any community boundaries/rules. More community facebook instructions later.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:39 am

Steve, as another path, do you know about meetup.com? It was a site originally created when the social trend had been away from people meeting in person (moving toward online interactions) - its founders wanted a way for people of common interests to find each other and get back to meeting in person. It's grown to be enormously successful and, in larger urban areas at least, quite important. You probably want to check it out.

There isn't a single Meetup group related to astrology within an hour of Springville. Looking at other activities of an "alternative" mature (meditation, metaphysics), it looks like Homewood (half an hour from you?) is an active area, especially at its library.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 am

8-) Jim, I will definitely check out meetup.com, particularly for Homewood. I am slowly expanding my Horizon with Jup on my Natal Asc, its so much fun. :) It is getting very interesting with my experiment with processing certain details for my free Sidereal Astrology classes.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am

Met with the Administrator Wed about placing a permanent link for Sidereal Sun/Moon Sign on Facebook's Bulletin Board in Springville. She said she has no problem personally, but if she allowed one permanent link, she would have to cave to all the others wanting their permanent links, unfortunately make complete sense. She suggested an internet 'Bot.' Does anyone have any personal experience with a 'Bot' software? I understand its a Robot placing links on the internet.

Meanwhile, with my Sidereal Astrology experiment with t. Jupiter on my Natal Asc, I am being engulfed by very interested new students for my style of teaching Sidereal astrology which is damn sure proving to me there is indeed a demand market for astrology out there as JSAD's link article in this thread stated. In fact, the interested people seem to be desperate for learning astrology. I am easily reaching people born during the late 60's with the Uranus-Pluto conjunction. I will give out more details about what is happening after my first teaching class in April, but the class may be sooner judging by the apparent demand. I have got to get myself prepared for teaching Sidereal Astrology in a classroom. I have taught Census classes before as a crew leader with 30-40 people in class, so at least I have some experience teaching before a large group. I think all my fellow Sidereal Astrology friends on this forum should at least contemplate taking their style of Sidereal Astrology teachings to their community. The spark which lit the demand fire for Sidereal Astrology in my community started with a manager at a health food store 12 miles from my house. Come to find out, she is hooking me-up with all her customers. Its damn exciting, I now think I may not die of boredom. :) Thank goodness for our Jupiter transits. :)

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:22 am

Last week I read a-lot of Natal & Solar Return Charts with Rapid but Reliable Analysis and was asked: What is Sidereal Astrology? Not that this is the best answer, but I responded: Sidereal Astrology is based on the Sidereal Zodiac, the one and only true zodiac known and originated by the ancient astrologers but lost/unknown by most modern astrologers. I stated the Sidereal zodiac accurately computes the correct TIME for Return Charts which are the chief forecasters for World and People Return Charts. Nobody in the group I spoke to had heard of Sidereal Astrology.

How did I get thrust so fast before this group of people interested in astrology? As a complete experiment for me possibly teaching Sidereal Astrology, I walked into a health food store and told the manager (Kelly), I wanted to teach free Sidereal Astrology classes and handed her the following list of Astrological quotes I had collected in my life studying astrology. Kelly told me this list of astrological quotes impressed her greatly and she made copies and e-mailed to her close friends. She asked me if I would meet with a group of people to discuss Sidereal Astrology and explain with Sidereal Astrology the WHY for certain crisis in their lives. I said I would only do this if they gave her their birth times from their birth certificates.

ASTROLOGICAL QUOTES:
The greatest tool ever invented in the entire history of the world for exploring a great natural law mystery involving TIME, is the Personal Computer combined with today’s modern astrological program implementing Sidereal Astrology charting. This great technological tool allows for the first time in the entire history of the world, the learning of Sidereal Astrology for the layperson. This allows the ‘sacredness of TIME to be experienced in the commonplace of our lives.’ Sidereal Astrology charting with the Personal Computer has the potential for acting as a possible healing elixir for the human race in many positive ways. Before the modern invention of the Personal Computer/Astrological programs, only the mathematician/astronomer (few) had sight into the charting of Sidereal Astrology. SteveS

TIME, is the most important factor in the determination of human affairs. Sidereal Astrology charting distinguishes certain individual TIME cycles with certain Charts, relative only to an accurate birth TIME! SteveS

TIME is the soul of the world. Pythagoras

“For the serious astrologer, their work is not about predicting an event. An astrologer who claims great ability to predict an event is a charlatan and discredits the true study and principles of astrology.” Alice O. Howell

"Astrology per se is a language: it is the language of universal processes. It shows correspondences between levels of creation and levels of consciousness. This gives astrology a function quite apart from its importance in chart interpretation and makes the subject priceless to anyone seeking a key to understanding. Astrology allows the experience of the sacred in the commonplace." Alice O. Howell.

More of the list of quotes later…

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 am

"To the astrologer, or at least to what I call the analytical astrologer, the natal chart virtually represents a living map to the kingdom of heaven which lies within." -Alice O. Howell

"Only when we change our consciousness do the outer events begin to follow suit." Alice O. Howell

"All great truths are contained in symbols - Astrology uses symbols as its language - Astrology is the algebra of life." Alice O. Howell

"One has to see astrology as a symbolic language uniting the outer and inner." Alice O. Howell

"Fate is simply that part of our lives which has to be acted out in the outer world, because we have remained unconscious or refused to be conscious of that something in ourselves which precipitated it in the first place." Alice O. Howell

"Astrology is a most beautiful symbolic language of processes which function on both the physical and the psyche level." Alice O. Howell

"Originally, back in ancient Egypt astrology united science and religion. In later times both science and religion rejected astrology. Since then astrology continues to be studied quietly by a few, but in the last 100 years, astrology is again beginning to shed its golden light." Alice O. Howell

"A natal chart yields a description of how a person is likely to process experience. In view of this, astrology is not about "fortune telling" or about describing the actuality of a situation, but rather how each person would tend to respond to a situation." Alice O. Howell

"Astrology has tremendous potential in serving psychotherapy." Alice O. Howell

"The true learning of astrology is it has to be lived, but before astrology can be lived, it has to be learned, and the living/learning never stops. Alice O. Howell

"Saturn cycles has to do with acquiring spiritual understanding which leads to wisdom." Alice O. Howell

"The vehement appearance of the depressing and limiting Saturn influence in anyone's life is usually a token that the time for higher spiritual development has come." C.A.Q. Libra

"Astrology teaches us how, by calculations, to find the time when inharmonious energies will be liable to manifest, and so we can arm ourselves beforehand and stand firm toward the time of a possible personal crisis." C.A.Q. Libra.

"Negative cosmic conditions are relative and serves to make us wiser by hard experiences and prepare us for a higher state of consciousness." C.A.Q. Libra.

"The earnest study of Astrology makes us broadminded because it demonstrates clearly that different people must have a different sphere and it shows us that sphere in astrological symbols. Astrology makes us therefore tolerant with people of a different opinion. The astrologer knows and understands that different people must think and seek in different directions, so he does not criticize different minded people sharply or disapprovingly, because their conception of truth differs from his/hers. He/she knows that their conception is the correct one to them, the exactly fitting one for helping them on in their evolution." C.A.Q. Libra.

"Actually, students/clients end up being astrologer’s best teachers!" Alice O. Howell

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 am

"A natal chart is a sacred precinct, a holy place, because it describes most certainly a place where God dwells in us as a Divine Guest. The natal chart is a map to the kingdom of heaven, which is within, and a symbolic depiction of limitless potential. No astrologer can define another person; our task is always to point for the student, no more, no less." Alice O. Howell

"Know that astrological study involves a spiritual dimension, since astrology mediates between inner and outer worlds and that its practice and learning is for guidance and healing." Alice O. Howell

"No one astrologer can teach a new student of astrology how to become an astrologer. Teaching astrologers can only help point the new student for astrology with solid learning foundations A new student of astrology can only become an astrologer in his or her own way. Astrology has to be lived to be understood, and living astrology is a lifelong process." Alice O.
CEO Carter says about Astrology:
Philosophical:
"It endeavors to set forth a coherent and scientifically verifiable scheme of cosmic manifestation.

Ethical:
It traces the interactions between the cosmos and the human mind and soul and studies the true nature events in the outer world. It gives understanding of others, and ourselves, and consequently broadens the sympathies and enlarges the outlook.

Spiritual and Religious:
It endeavors to understand the essential nature of the divine ordinances and the ministers of divine power, in so for as is humanly possible.

Practical:
By explaining the operations of cosmic laws, it enables us to adapt our lives to them, and to advise and assist others to make the most of their lives, without waste of time and effort.
Our knowledge of astrology is very far from complete. It is still seriously studied by comparatively few, and it is overlaid with the growth of centuries of ignorance and charlatanism....

Practical experiment will soon convince the most skeptical that the bodies of the solar system indicate, if they do not actually produce, changes in: 1. Our minds 2. Our feelings and emotions 3. Our physical bodies 4. Our external affairs and relationships with the world at large.

Astrology is a science in itself and contains an illuminating body of knowledge. It taught me many things, and I am greatly indebted to it. Astrology is like a life- giving elixir for mankind.

"Psychology textbooks of future generations will look back on modern psychologists working without the aid of astrology as being like medieval astronomers working without the aid of the telescope. -Richard Tarnas

"To study Astrology without realizing each individual has their own personal psychology is impossible."- Reinhold Ebertin.

"The physician, who is ignorant of the science of astrology, deserves the name of fool rather than that of physician." Hippocrates

"Hail him who follows not the erring ways, but the order of the light of nature. He is the remedy and the healer." Paracelaus

"God geometrizes." Plato

"The numbers, the signs, the constellations, nature, they all are connected with the secrets of the Christian religion." Kepler

"From the external we learn to know the internal." Paracelus

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." Albert Einstein

"God works in mysterious ways".

"Real passion for me is always contingent upon mystery" -Rita May Brown

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:49 am

"Most ancient religions are based on the following simple principle: The primary manifestation of divinity observable in this world is the motion of the heavenly bodies." Rob Hand

"The highest objective of metaphysics is to study the stars because the stars are divinities." Rob Hand

"Modern religion is a screen thrown over the mysterious universe." Rob Hand

"There is no universal objective reality. All reality is determined by the conscious that perceives reality and the above statement is implicit in astrology." -Rob Hand

"My primary motivation for studying astrology is that if astrology is true, the prevailing world view is not true. My life purpose is to overthrow what I consider as being an evil reality paradigm." -Rob Hand

"The same nature which delights in periodical repetition in the skies is the nature which orders the affairs of the earth. Let us not underrate the value of that hint. Mark Twain

"Astrology contains a bedrock of real truth." R.A. Wilson

"Some books are to be tasted, others are to be swallowed, and some
few to be chewed and digested" -Bacon

“Modern education is to the mind what Aids is to the immune system.” John Anthony West.

"Man, know thyself and thou wilt know the universe and the Gods." Delphi Oracle (One of the best ways to ‘know thyself’ is through the study of astrology).

"To everything there is a Season and a Time to every purpose under Heaven." Ecclesiastics; The Bible

Synchronicity:
A causal view of TIME in which relevant coincidences occur-a coincidence of an outer event with an inner psychic meaning. (The astrological chart mediates through synchronicity.)

"There is no magic in astrology except as may reside in its illumination of the path of destiny, thus making it safer, easier, and faster. In other words, astrology rates merely as the greatest of all instruments for the successful management of life, but which, like any other instrument, yields its results according to the volume of human will and intelligence available to use it" Paul Councel

“One of the real benefits of Astrology, properly practiced, is that it presents us with proof of things greater than ourselves—of divinity.” Zoeller

But the highest of all learning is the knowledge of the stars. To trace their course is to untangle the threads of the mystery of life from beginning to end. If we could follow them perfectly, nothing would be hidden from us. Henry Van Dyke

The study of astrology expands consciousness.

It is the basis of astrology, which as Schwaller showed, profoundly influenced every aspect of ancient Egyptian life.

The serious study of ancient Egypt reveals a high sacred science. It is an absolute tragedy that our history books and academic Egyptology perpetuates the ancient Egyptian civilization ruled by a superstitious people. Ancient Egypt was regarded by Greece and Rome as the source of all Wisdom.

We cannot impose our wills on nature unless we first learn what her will is. Working without regard to natural law brings nothing but failure; working with natural law enables us to do what at first seemed impossible. Astrology is part of natural law.

An astrologer’s task for themselves is to seek the truth, find the truth, and then live the truth.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:07 am

I am presently involved with my Sidereal Astrology with a woman (Kelly) who is a manager of a health food store (Golden Temple), who has asked me to personally teach her Sidereal Astrology at the store in between customers. She has told me she knows dozens of people who are starved for a deeper understanding of astrology and I have seen strong evidence of this being true, which I think dove-tails with JSAD’s link article in this topic. FWIW, it was my above posted listed astrological quotes given to Kelly which she copied and gave to others which acted as a catapult for drawing interested people in astrology to the Golden Temple health food store. This has and is still developing as my individual Experiment with the public involving possible new students for Sidereal Astrology prompted by JSAD link article. I have read a current SSR (Jim’s teachings) for an African American male and he was so impressed he told me there are so many in his community who are very interested in learning Sidereal Astrology. The other day he wanted to bring several of his friends to the store for signature Natal readings. So far, 95% of the people who have come to the store receiving their Natal Charts have led crisis lives with acute malefic symbolism. They have been asking themselves---WHY ME---and are beginning to see with Sidereal Astrology the explanation for WHY.

But recently, there has been a significant obstacle. The owner of Golden Temple is one of Kelly’s 3 ex husbands and Kelly has strong professional and past emotional love ties with her ex. Kelly says he has become extremely jealous of me and her drawing lots of interested people in astrology to Golden Temple. As a former business person, I can clearly understand the ex-concerns as a business man. He is afraid the word will get out Golden Temple will become known as an astrological center and hurt his business in the long run. Kelly insists he is wrong and that people coming to Golden Temple interested in Sidereal Astrology are buying health food products increasing business. Kelly is trying to get her ex to agree to set-up group meetings after hours, but this also presents certain problems: Most people are working jobs to survive and at night are dealing with raising kids, Kelly has a 14 year old which occupies most of her spare time after business hours, and a daughter in Atlanta who is expecting Kelly’s first grandchild in April---it’s a busy, busy world out there with limited time to spare. I have plenty of time to spare but other people who are very interested in learning Sidereal Astrology have very limited time. Kelly and I are trying to work-out a system where I will write-out mini lessons for Sidereal Astrology, and then Kelly makes copies of these mini lessons to give to interested new students in Sidereal Astrology, but only after they buy certain Sidereal Astrology books. I think this may be a good idea which at least gives the new student for Sidereal Astrology a start, and a possible good way for me to pass on the tremendous astrological knowledge contained within Sidereal Astrology. Kelly says most feedback from her friends are most interested in relationship astrology. Kelly says from a commercial standpoint people would be willing to pay a good fee for better understanding with their close relationships. Kelly has seen relationship readings provided by Solarfire but says it contains way too much information. I told her if the relationship readings by Solarfire could be reduced to only the 0,90,180 aspects with the four personal points of the Sun, Moon, Asc, Mc, their may be a commercial way to supply lots of good comparison readings to people without any group meetings, provided of course, if a birth certificate birth time was available. Anyway, I am having lots of fun with this experiment. :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 am

Steve, look here: https://alabe.com/solarfirehelp/index.h ... s_used.htm
There's instruction on editing an interpretations file in the links on the left.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 am

If he just needs different aspects, the key is to set the orbs (aspect list) that you want before running the interp. But if you want to exclude a lot of planet pairs (e.g., everything from Jupiter-Saturn on out, or anything that doesn't include a personal point) then, yes, you can just delete them from the file.

I've found it easiest to decompile the interpretation files (it's a menu option when you Edit an interp file) and then manually edit it in Notepad.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 am

He said he wanted to eliminate everything but conjunctions, oppositions and squares in synastry charts. I think he may just need to use a different aspect set for synastry that only includes those aspects.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:56 am

Thanks JSAD & Jim for the feedback, I have little experience with comparison charts but understand where ya'll are coming from pertaining to this area of astrology. Depending on what Kelly wants to do, I am certain I will get back to you on this matter. I am trying to talk her into purchasing Solarfire.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:46 am

If any member of this forum who one day may decided to take Sidereal Astrology into their community, Jim has just written a new Natal Chart interpretation file for Solarfire. I am sure Jim’s new Natal Chart interpretations will become a key for any Sidereal Astrologer who is interested in generating quick/easy Sidereal Natal Chart interpretations. It will take Jim a few weeks to tweak and complete this new free Solarfire file which can be downloaded at the following link.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1928

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Steve, what's happening with your class? I lost track... thought you planned to start it by now, but haven't heard anything about it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:53 pm

Kelly Love who was going to organize all the class students with her the main trusted friends for the students ran into a major problem. Her Boss who owned the 3 health food stores in the B'ham area was also her ex husband, and at the time of my contact with Kelly, she was still living with him on a part time basis. He told Kelly to drop the Astrology stuff, saying it could damage his customer base (go figure), or find another Job. He was a control freak and became very jealous of all of Kelly's friends coming into the store asking me all kinds of questions about their past and future astrology lives. I dropped the teaching experiment, a big turn off with what happen with Kelly's ex. Kelly had a large metaphysical group of friends with a solid base to start teaching classes, no-way I am going to interfere or get mixed-up in that type negative energy field possibly jeopardizing Kelly's job-career security. How are your teaching classes going?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 pm

This is all quite too bad. Any chance you can fid a community center and go ahead anyway?

A classes start June 20.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:59 am

Jim, I have a free community center to teach students, but it is 40-50 miles from metro/population center. I have discovered (again) most students who are interested in learning astrology are women, it was the same back in the 70's, the Golden Age for learning students with my generation. Today's women who are interested can't seem to find the time for classes. On weekends, they are either baby sitting there grandchildren or too busy with other necessary tasks before they get back to the grind of work. I gave Kelly's group a list of Sidereal Astrology books to read and told them I would be glad to help them with any questions over the phone, but no responses. Kelly wants to learn and has gotten a laptop but I told her the best way for her to learn is to get SF because I have SF, but the high price is a deterrent. I told her about the free programs which I could help her but so far she has not access the program. Between managing the health store 40 hours a week and her 3 kids & new grandchild, there is no time on weekends, same for most of her friends who are very interested in Astrology. The best I can tell from my experiment, the new generation wants to read what other astrologers are saying about their Sun Signs with their future, just as you understood about doing mini readings with what you were explaining in posts a while back. There is a large interest in the Astrology with the two generations behind my generation, but no time to apply for serious personal learning's. They all seem to be getting their astrology 'on the run' with online sources. By what I have learned, if was going to try to do another teaching experiment, I would try to get a foothold in a college for a regular teaching class in a semester, but I have my doubts with the culture of academics here in the South.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 am

Steve, don't you have a metaphysical bookstore in Birmingham? It's probably Wiccan oriented, but they may have room to offer classes evenings or weekends. I'd check that out.

Kelly can do most of what you can do with Solar Fire on astro.com and it won't cost her anything. It doesn't do a lot of the experimental stuff that's exciting to talk about here, and it does not do mundoscopes, even though it says it does, but if you're checking transits and progressions, lunars and solars, even midpoints, it works and works well.

If you tell me what charts Kelly needs, I will tell you how to specifically set up those charts on astro.com so you can write up instructions for her.

And look into other places, like metaphysical bookstores or even a local library branch that has a room you can use to teach in. Libraries are good resources to find places like that, and ask at banks too. They often have meeting rooms they'll let people use. We had a horticultural group that met in the basement of a local bank Sunday evenings till we outgrew their room.

Take a little time to regroup, and then look around. I think you'll find there are other places. Maybe not as good, but maybe better.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 am

Thanks JSAD, I will give some thought to your ideas. :)