Me and T

Q&A and discussion about Synastry, i.e., relationship analysis through the comparison of two horoscopes.
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Me and T

Post by James Condor » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 am

T is a friend of mine born July 23rd 1979 at an unknown time, whom I've known for at least 3-4 years. My Mars-Pluto is partile his sun (more of the mars) and his Pluto is near partile my sun. We also have each Mercury-Jupiter, along with my natal Moon aspects on his Mercury. My Venus near partile his Saturn.
We aren't really friends as much as aquientences, in my view. I've never met anyone as intense. I've never met anyone so 'off' in view. He misses the point on almost everything and we don't get each other. He especially doesn't care to understand anyone, though he thinks he does. He thinks that by reading self help books he can pass on knowledge but the problem is he doesn't comprehend the writers message accurately. He is very fixed in his way. He doesn't listen. He is always ready to spew out his borrowed opinions as if they were fact and he thinks he is smarter and better than you. The worst part is he just reads or watches podcasts and repeats what he hears then the next week he has a totally different opinion because he moves on quickly to the next thing. I've never met anyone who knows himself less than he knows himself. He thinks fat or ugly people aren't smart or right. He is an idealist, a striver, has self image and esteem problems but doesn't know how to face them head and pretends he is better. He said the other day, "how can you be happy or productive if you don't even make your bed in the morning?" I can't have an actual conversation with him. He changes everything I say into his view. My view is flawed, his is better, so he thinks. He is very unhappy and unsatisfied for the most part and always compares himself to others. He feels inferior and I think he would admit it, but I've never seen him change. I don't think he knows how. Very egotistical

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Me and T

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:48 am

One important difference birth time makes for him is that Moon changes signs mid-day. Until mid-morning, Moon was in Gemini. After mid-morning, it joined his Sun in Cancer. (This might make it harder to discern which Moon-sign because you mostly can't ask, "Is he Cancer?" One can only ask, "Is he Gemini?") Without being exhaustive, here are some summaries of all those placements... Is it, perchance, clear to you which Moon-sign he has?

Sun in CANCER (Rim: Moon, Jupiter)
Thrives within imagination & complexity (vision; or lost in fantasy). Lives in others’ shadow; finds purpose in service & emulation. Conceive & deliver results. Persuasive, trusted, instinct for motives. Live in mystery or its resolution: create or solve puzzles. Renewed by home or sanctuary. Sensitive, moody, self-absorbed.

Moon in GEMINI (Spoke: Mercury)
Intellectual, curious, talkative (charming, engaging). Passions drive intellect & interests. Needs constant input. Attention & interests shifting, varied. Hyper-sensitive (psychic); touchy, edgy (irrational); withdraws, hides. Stability from companionship (does better paired). Needs approval, acceptance.

Moon in CANCER (Rim: Moon, Jupiter)
Strongly driven by feelings (close to surface, comfortably expressed; sometimes overwhelm). When feeling safe: tender, gentle, humane, openly sensitive; otherwise moody, cocky arrogance. Expressive actor, yet treasures privacy. Magnetic, draws affection, warm, generous, hospitable. Sympathetic listening; trusted. Exudes optimism, confidence. Better serving than leading. Thrives within imagination & fantasy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 am

Second, I'm not sure if there was a question here, or if you were giving an example (or both). It's not an entirely comfortable friendship, but has elements of traditional male over-gendered roles with some constantly challenging each other competitively in some way. His Sun squares your Mars closely, your Pluto nearly as close, so a bit of constant "egging." (His Moon might be involved in this, too.) Yes, his Saturn squares your Uranus exactly and your Venus a couple of degrees away - in fact, there's a two-way Saturn-Uranus interchange, which normally I would ignore entirely but the two-way (and small orbs) makes it catch my attention. His Pluto squares your Sun, meaning he may have served as an "agent" of how life has brought Pluto's transit to your Sun recently. (You saw most of this, I know; I'm just being semi-complete.)

I had to laugh at this, which I increasingly see in (many, not all) Cancer men I know:
James Condor wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 am
He especially doesn't care to understand anyone, though he thinks he does.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:32 am

Thanks Jim. I think he is a Gemini moon. He is constantly gathering information, statistics, he lives in his head,
comes to conclusions that don't make any sense, mentally quick-always ready to respond, talkative, loud, not really in touch with his emotions, hyper, edgy, changing interests all the time, seems like life is a game to him, a serious game, skeptical of religion, dogma, anything ' impractical' like natural healers/ meditation, psudeo science.
I was both asking and telling the story. And I'm glad you laughed

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:41 am

You didn't say where he was born, but let me use Valparaiso as a starting point - what I have to say will apply to any location in the Central Daylight Saving Time zone.

"Best practice" for working with unknown or imprecise birth times is set the chart for the center of the time you know. Therefore, if we don't have any time for a person at all - just know to the day - then we use noon. (It's the exact center of the 24-hour period we have.)

If you are settled that he has a Gemini Moon (at least for speculative purposes), this cuts the possible time in less than half. Moon entered Cancer at 7:28 AM. Therefore (taking his Gemini Moon as a "given" for working purposes), we "know" he was born between midnight and 7:28 AM.

The center of this 7 1/2-hour period is 3:44 AM. Best practice would be to set up a "working" chart for 3:44 AM and know that you could be almost four hours (3h 44m) off in either direction. Moon is 27°36' Gemini at that hour, just over a degree past conjunct Venus, and could be plus-minus 2°-3°. The only planets near angles within a couple of hours of that are the three malefics - his Mars-Neptune opposition or his Saturn - though his Moon-Venus could be angular either at the very beginning or at the very end, and other planets cross during that time.

Angles at midnight are: Asc 7° Aries, MC 23° Sagittarius.
Angles at 7:28 AM are: Asc 27° Cancer, MC 19° Aries
Angles in the middle (3:44) are: Asc 18° Gemini, MC 19° Aquarius

Just guessing (that's ALL I'm doing from this point on), your description of his prejudices, distance from people, and general behavior sounds a lot like the angular planets in the middle range, around 3:44 AM. Saturn on IC in particular, the flavor of his Mars-Neptune seen through that.

Your friendship is shown, for any time, by such things as his Venus closely opposite your Sun; but his having a Moon-Venus conjunction square your Ascendant (and opposite your Sun) makes this stronger.

Anyway, if you want a "working start," try a chart for 3:44 AM, knowing that this is roughly plus-minus four hours - don't treat it too precisely. But (depending on birth place), I wouldn't be surprised if his birth time were more toward this central part than either extreme of the range.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com