New place, new thoughts.

Feel free to post your full birthdata. We'll attach a natal chart for you. Discuss your own chart, tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

New place, new thoughts.

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi, it's been a while. I'm now in a place where I am better however. I have left home for school in Hyde Park, New York. I'm wondering if anyone can draw me up a relocation chart?

I have got into Buddhist (and some hindu) faith sense I started College. I've also studied Nakshtra and have found many over laps which support the work done here. I also extend any apologies due to my discontent and argumentative nature. It's much easier for me to be open to incoming ideas now that I have moved.

I moved September 9th of this year. Thank you for any time you may put into reading this.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Re: New place, new thoughts.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Welcome back. - Is that Hyde Park in Duchess County or Oswego County?

There's not a lot of difference in the chart. If you are in the Hyde Park at 42N40, 74W57, the angles are nearly identical to your Chambersburg angles at 39N56, 77W40. If we are using the 6:52 time, for example, your natal angles are Asc 0°23' Sagittarius, MC 22°28' Virgo, and for Hyde Park they are Asc 0°47' Sagittarius, MC 25°22' Virgo. For this possible time, Mercury remains your most angular planet, about half a degree above Ascendant.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Duchess county.

I haven't been watching angles of transits, I just have been taking notes on how I'm observed by new friends and been reflecting on that. I'm finding that I am comfortable being the center of a group only where I know I'm loved. I haven't been focusing or leaning on any planets or signs of late either.

However observing signs and planets in my personality for what ever reason my Mars sign sticks out more (im guessing perhaps people can actively see I am being non-disclosing and carry around a dark past/skeletons). My leadership skills in socially settings from my sun and moon are apparent which I can admire. I'm still not a fan of attention however. Ambition from my chart is also apparent. I can't say I want to be better than everyone else, but I do want to improve myself. <I'm in cooking school>.

Also in general venus is sticking out(?) I just often find myself comforting people. Going through many sexual partners like candy. In a really romantic mindset <which could be that Leo moon>.

It is really formal at school here. I find myself looking for comfort before formality. I wear Tim's as dress shoes and soft sweaters without collars to academic classes, despite the fact we are to be in formal wear.

The business before sentiment, Aloof mask, and dommenering traits of Leo Moon specifically have been reoccurring themes.

I'm smoking cigarettes, working out, and having sex when I'm stressed still. Which I need to work on.

More on the comforting part, people also call me in all hours of the night for help for someone to listen to them or to just be their and hand them tissues while they sob.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:30 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:51 pm
Duchess county.
A little more difference. Not a lot, but some. For 41N47, 73W56, your Asc is 2°22' Sagittarius, MC 26°28' Virgo for the 6:52 AM birth time. Angularities include:

Mercury 2°06' above Asc
Sun 6°24' below Asc
Jupiter 6°23' west of IC

Notice that this makes a 0°01' - essentially EXACT - Sun-Jupiter mundane square. It is one of the most intensely "I am Jupiter" spots on the planet for you, if this is the correct birth time.

Congratulations on getting into the cooking school. I know that was an important dream, and that's one great use of Jupiter (and your Mercury strength).
Also in general venus is sticking out...
Jupiter transited across your Venus over recent weeks, so that surely helped it. You've also had a minor Moon-Venus progression over the last month or so.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:39 pm

I am Jupiter meaning what? Ironically (perhaps) venus is also in an area in the nakshtra chart that is ruled by Jupiter. That Nakshtra is very prominent in my chart and my life.

You feed Jupiter to me in a way that I feel like I'm grasping.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Jupiter in a broad and diverse way, but especially by Sun aspect. Besides the Sagittarius Sun and moderately foreground Jupiter, your location gives you a 0°01' Sun-Jupiter square.

While I would suggest you reread the Kid Gloves article on Jupiter for the broader picture, and read the whole Sun-Jupiter page, here is a summary of the most typical Sun-Jupiter manifestation. (It certainly fits with your increased social connection and the theme of food.)
Generous, kind, warm, amiable, upbeat, tolerant. Visible self-confidence. Strong need for acceptance and friendship. A general dislike of problems (seems to float through life with amazingly little care for circumstances). Lucky: confident the universe will bail them out, problems usually resolve remarkably easily, but has a hard time persevering against real adversity when it finally strikes. (Extravagant, prodigal, loves leisure, overly reliant on luck.) Mind is philosophical or religious.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Very true with the exception of a bad foundation to handle real world problems. Thanks Jim.

I'm also looking to go abroad perhaps to Hong Kong and learn Asain cuisine. I already have a firm grasp 9n Asain culture and cooking.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm

ScarletDepths wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:47 pm
Very true with the exception of a bad foundation to handle real world problems. Thanks Jim.
I'm also looking to go abroad perhaps to Hong Kong and learn Asain cuisine. I already have a firm grasp 9n Asain culture and cooking.
In Hong Kong, you have Neptune setting (37' below horizon) and Jupiter culminating (4* 02' from MC).
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 am

Thanks for that nugget of info Danica. I'll take that in consideration in things when I apply to potential externship sites.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:30 am

Curious about what Jim said about my Moon being in the place Venus of Venus (when i was referring to nakshatra in a different post).

Curiosity is developing as I have a highted sense of being able to identify astetheics, not that I'm any more or less aesthetically motivated but that I'm more aware of it.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:19 pm

That's a question to ask wherever you're learning about the nakshatra system.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Ok. Thanks.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 am

Power, dominance, authority, rule, and force. All of these may go hand in hand. For me it is a natural thing. My friends often say or describe me as having "big dick energy".

I don't actively think about being or exerting force, nor do I always appreciate the association. However, I was curious if that energy can come from Sun-Jovial influences in a chart or is it a more Martial controlled ideology?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Mars fights to be in charge and stay in charge. The Sun just is in charge without asking for it. Jupiter isn't about power or dominance or the rest of that stuff, but he enjoys the perks of being in charge.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Ok thanks. I'm definitely at a place where I can feel more Sun-Jovial energy. Venus is also coming into play a lot, as well as Pluto. I may need to check some more events to see whether my Jupiter and sun are actually almost on angles.

(mercury energy in terms of the argumentative nervous types are looking less likely to play a larger role in my life than Sun/Jupiter even maybe Venus if Jim's "Venus of Venus" statement truly has some effect on my Moon.)

I feel much more together away from home...

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 pm

It does sound like the change of environment has been a really wonderful shift for you.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:06 pm

More time for self reflection. Also November 5th around 5 PM is when I officially decied I was Buddhist (it was a self reflection and realization moment). I'd like to check this event with my angles, could anyone do this please?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:26 pm

I wouldn't mention this, except I know you'd rather do things yourself.
Go to astro.com and click on "my astro" on the upper right. You can make an account (free and they really don't share, and you can keep other people's charts there too) or use the guest option.

Fill in your birth data and when you click continue, choose extended chart options.

Then you want to scroll down and choose "options for zodiacs and houses", then choose Campanus and Sidereal which should automatically give you Fagan/Bradley.

Then scroll down once more to "Display and Calculation Options". The bottom of the first column, under "Progressions" choose "MC from Solar Arc".

Scroll down to "click here to show chart" (in green) and boom. There's your chart. Click the green "with transits" button on the right and there's your transits. Click Save Default if you created your own account, and you won't have to go through all that again.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:30 pm

If I use 7:32 as the birth time, it has venus within an orb of my MC and Saturn within an orb of my AC. If not there's nothing much I see. Also thanks for the instructions.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Another note I just observed that I have a Sun-Venus Novile with a 26 second orb. Anywhere I can look into this?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:57 pm

No idea what a Novile is. Some minor aspect. Stick to 0°, 180°, 90°, 120° and 60° till you know what you're about. There's an option to choose that under Display and Calculation options. Under "Aspects" on the right, check the box for only major aspects.
Minor aspects are just that - minor. You won't notice minor aspects in transits. They just don't register. Start with the big stuff and get the big picture first. The big picture is all there is in transits. Jim can devine meaning in the small stuff and weave it in with the rest of the picture, but the rest of us usually get stuck in the details.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Oh - also under "Display and Calculation Options" over on the right at the bottom of that column is "% Reduce/increase orbs" with a box in front of it. I put 60 in that box. Tightens up the orbs so you don't get a conjunction between planets that are 10° apart. That's not terribly useful except in theory.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Novile is the breaking down of the chart into 9 parts, I believe both vedic astrologers and Fagan/Bradley studied the 9th harmonic in detail. Also, thanks for the advice on orbs, I've been running astro sense before I came on solunars but I don't know what to put as proper orb reduction.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm

A novile is a 40° aspect. A ninth harmonic chart isn't actually the same thing. You can get a ninth harmonic chart from astro.com by clicking the box that says "natal chart" on the chart selection page and scrolling down the list to Nine Harmonic Chart.

You can also switch to "special charts" and get astromaps. Be sure to switch back to the Sideral zodiac after switching to the special charts and then going back to the round charts. The line over the box that says natal chart says "round special ephemeris pullen-astrolog" Be careful with most of the other charts. They aren't used in Sidereal astrology and some use the same names we do, but the charts are not at all what we use.

Raksasa
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Raksasa » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 pm

My bad. They are 40 degrees apart in the birth chart and conj. In the 9th harmonic chart (I made the assumption that they r related). I have spent background in vedic and tropical astrology so I've learned how astro works fairly well over the past two years. It's just the western sidereal techniques that I'm not fully aware of.