Martin88's chart

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Re: Martin88's chart

Post by martin88 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:13 am

Thanks! I'm trying to make peace with the fact that my home country is not a place particularly suited for many friendships for me. In Bratislava it was much easier, here it's all unfulfilled promises! Yet, I am releasing the need to go abroad as a way to escape. As a way to earn money and discover new ways of lives and cultures? Yes!
I'm worried about AstroClick Travel as it lists Pluto parans all across Scandinavia! Heavy ones like Uranus/Pluto, Saturn/Pluto, Neptune/Pluto and also Venus/Pluto. :roll: They all sound so unpleasant!

So conflicted as when I ask my intuition "What cultures I truly like and would like to connect to?" or something along those lines I get the urge to connect to Sweden and Poland the most. Poland doesn't have as heavy parans but I don't get the thing with Sweden? Is there anyone here that moved on a place with Pluto parans? I don't get the fuzzies for what AstroClick Travel thinks are supposedly wonderful places for me like Morocco or Greece. I like Indian culture and food but the intolerable heat there puts it in meh category (anything above 30 C is too much for me).

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:00 am

Across Scandinavia, you have so many parans that I can't even read them on the map - more than three dozen.

Some that you mention are rough, like Saturn-Pluto; some aren't so bad (and can be truly amazing) like Uranus-Pluto. But the bigger point is that these are just an isolated few. You could as well have picked Moon-Venus on the one hand or Moon-Saturn on the other. These are all tiny zones of expression and this kind of "collision" of planet crossings is typical of extreme latitudes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:56 am

Thanks, Jim. That sounds reassuring!

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:03 am

Just pick one and GO! ;)

You will not find out in which way these parans or aspects or next few years' solar returns will influence your life until you step into the unknown and take the chance.

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:54 am

Thanks, I'll do! For now I have enough time as due to Covid travel dangers, I will postpone it to next year.
Anyway, I tried to look at my relocated charts on Astro.com as I realized ACG lines only show the angles and not the whole chart picture, nor the general number of easy/hard aspects, I looked at the number of trines, sextiles, squares and oppositions for each place I'm ineterested in. I used this calculation:
(the number of trines + N of sextiles) - (N of squares + N of oppositions) = score

One minus is that I don't consider what those aspects really are about and the houses. I've got 14 trines + sextiles in Sofia and equal number of squares + oppositions, so it equals to 0, a fairly stable place I'd say, but still I feel the oppositions/squares quite a lot. I also listed the number of planets in different elements and the positions of Saturn and Uranus (as I've read them being in the 4th house in a relocated location is not good).

I've got -1 for Prague, Vienna and Bratislava which I didn't enjoy that much and got +1 for places I've been fond of before like Stockholm, some Polish, Hungarian and Romanian cities, the Canaries, Western Sahara, Madeira and some Greek cities like Athens. Generally matches what Jim said about the Balkans and Greece.

I have great positions and lines in Melbourne like a 7th house sun, yet I get only 6 trines, 6 sextiles, but 9 squares and 8 oppositions there. That's 17 squares+oppositions and just 12 trines+sextiles. Would that mean that time there would be stressful? Has anyone that used this method, what's your experience? I've attached the Excel sheet (it's safe).

I hope all on the boards is safe and healthy!
Last edited by martin88 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:03 am

martin88 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:54 am
Anyway, I tried to look at my relocated charts on Astro.com as I realized ACG lines only show the angles and not the whole chart picture, nor the general number of easy/hard aspects, I looked at the number of trines, sextiles, squares and oppositions for each place I'm ineterested in.
Which is good, because only the angle crossings have any astrological value (but this includes the squares and oppositions, e.g., opposite Ascendant is Descendant, square Ascendant is Zenith or Nadir).

The trines and sextile to angles have no meaning or value. You mislead yourself if you include them.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:26 pm

martin88 wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:54 am
I tried to look at my relocated charts on Astro.com as I realized ACG lines only show the angles and not the whole chart picture, nor the general number of easy/hard aspects, I looked at the number of trines, sextiles, squares and oppositions for each place I'm ineterested in. I used this calculation:
(the number of trines + N of sextiles) - (N of squares + N of oppositions) = score
There's no such thing as "easy/hard" aspects. There are close aspects and angular aspects, but the kind of aspect, hard (45, 90, 180) or soft (30, 60, 120) is irrelevant. So your calculation isn't going to help you.

What you are looking for is aspects between benefics, benefics and angles, and benefics and luminaries, minus aspects between malefics, malefics and angles, and malefics and luminaries. Keep your aspects tight (0° to 2°) and the closer both planets are to angles, the better.

Aspects between Mars or Saturn and Neptune, keep them away from angles. Aspects between Saturn and Luminaries, again, away from angles.

Classifying aspects as hard or difficult or challenging or easy or soft is meaningless. What's the difference between Mars trine Neptune and Mars square Neptune? There is no difference.

martin88
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by martin88 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:00 am

Yes, I just realized after posting that even some squares and oppositions are in fact positive. :mrgreen: