When a Venus line is in a rough area to live?

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
rcooke13
Luminary Member
Luminary Member
When a Venus line is in a rough area to live?

Post by rcooke13 » Fri May 06, 2022 10:43 pm

I’m very close to finding a job in New Orleans, where my Venus square ascendant line closely crosses. I can’t wait to move out of Massachusetts. I’ve been to New Orleans many times and love it, feelings I didn’t have in Atlanta, or eastern and southern Florida (away from Venus, near my moon and sun lines instead).

The thing is, I’m scared because hurricane season is starting soon. How do you think it works living on a Venus line that’s in a rough place to live (hurricane alley)? Is it simply that I’ll love the area and feel good there, but will simply be inconvenienced by hurricanes and evacuations when they happen, but I’d feel all those great feelings again once back home from evacuations? How will a place feel like home and happy if I have to evacuate a lot and be scared? Does the Venus line there suggest I’ll feel happy living there anyway even if I have to evacuate every year?

Knowing the answer will be better for my worried mind…

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: When a Venus line is in a rough area to live?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 07, 2022 8:40 am

I think you have the right idea. Overall, you will feel strongly Venus while living under that line and, yes, there will be good times and bad times but your overall baseline will be elevated and more pleasurable.

With a bit of humor, I notice you're having these concerns while you are NOT in New Orleans but are living in (for you) a more anxious area.

Almost every part of the nation has some natural threat. The Gulf and southern coastal states are exposed to hurricanes, including most of the Atlantic coast. Other storms strike the northeast. Almost the whole of the rest of the eastern two-thirds of the country is exposed to terrible clusters of tornadoes. The West Coast is prone to earthquakes and fires (with the fires covering much of the western third: If it's not tornado country, it's fire country). And ALL of these - everywhere - are only going to get worse as climate change accelerates. The few places that are relatively safer are still going to be open to extreme weather PLUS they tend to be filled with people for whom the fiction of being safe matters more than living life.

I've lived most of my life under a Venus line in an area of heightened earthquake and fire threats. I've lived through many of each including one of the worst California quakes in the last century. Looking back, what I remember most about the Northridge quake is how spectacularly beautiful the sky was when we walked out in the middle of the night and 100% of all electricity was shut off across the LA basin - there were no lights.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun May 08, 2022 4:01 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:40 am

Almost every part of the nation has some natural threat. The Gulf and southern coastal states are exposed to hurricanes, including most of the Atlantic coast. Other storms strike the northeast. Almost the whole of the rest of the eastern two-thirds of the country is exposed to terrible clusters of tornadoes. The West Coast is prone to earthquakes and fires (with the fires covering much of the western third: If it's not tornado country, it's fire country). And ALL of these - everywhere - are only going to get worse as climate change accelerates. The few places that are relatively safer are still going to be open to extreme weather PLUS they tend to be filled with people for whom the fiction of being safe matters more than living life.

I've lived most of my life under a Venus line in an area of heightened earthquake and fire threats. I've lived through many of each including one of the worst California quakes in the last century. Looking back, what I remember most about the Northridge quake is how spectacularly beautiful the sky was when we walked out in the middle of the night [...]
This "makes sense" from the perspective that someone’s own personal, temporary (for a few years, or for one given lifetime) feeling of their own pleasure & comfort is all there is and can be to Life.

It’s exactly the approach, the value system and consequently choices & actions (habituated into individual and collective patterns) based on this which have brought us to where we are now, regarding the situation with the climate.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun May 08, 2022 5:57 am

rcooke13 wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:43 pm
I’m very close to finding a job in New Orleans, where my Venus square ascendant line closely crosses. I can’t wait to move out of Massachusetts. I’ve been to New Orleans many times and love it, feelings I didn’t have in Atlanta, or eastern and southern Florida (away from Venus, near my moon and sun lines instead).

The thing is, I’m scared because hurricane season is starting soon. How do you think it works living on a Venus line that’s in a rough place to live (hurricane alley)? Is it simply that I’ll love the area and feel good there, but will simply be inconvenienced by hurricanes and evacuations when they happen, but I’d feel all those great feelings again once back home from evacuations? How will a place feel like home and happy if I have to evacuate a lot and be scared? Does the Venus line there suggest I’ll feel happy living there anyway even if I have to evacuate every year?

Knowing the answer will be better for my worried mind…
We joke in upstate NY that you dont put away your snow shovel till after May, because it could snow and snow and snow.
I think though that it is because we stick it out and endure the horrible dark cold wet of winter that makes us enjoy life even more. The flowers seem brighter, the birds sing prettier, and the rain...well..it isnt icy snow.
My venus is doing much here for me personally, but I know for many of my neighbors it is.....it shows...and it makes it nicer for everyone else that they are here.

ODdOnLifeItself
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by ODdOnLifeItself » Mon May 09, 2022 12:09 am

A lot will depend on how Venus sits in your natal chart. If Venus were (for instance) opposite Pluto and square Saturn, your "Venus-line" experience will likely be much different to one who has Venus in trine to Jupiter, natally...

rcooke13
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by rcooke13 » Sun May 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Danica wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 4:01 am
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:40 am

I've lived most of my life under a Venus line in an area of heightened earthquake and fire threats. I've lived through many of each including one of the worst California quakes in the last century. Looking back, what I remember most about the Northridge quake is how spectacularly beautiful the sky was when we walked out in the middle of the night [...]
This "makes sense" from the perspective that someone’s own personal, temporary (for a few years, or for one given lifetime) feeling of their own pleasure & comfort is all there is and can be to Life.

It’s exactly the approach, the value system and consequently choices & actions (habituated into individual and collective patterns) based on this which have brought us to where we are now, regarding the situation with the climate.
No. There is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself and doing what makes you happy. After living and suffering on 2 pluto lines for 20 years, I am not putting others above me anymore.

So that's fine.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 15, 2022 5:59 pm

In New Orleans, they serve a popular drink called a Hurricane. Depending on where you order it, I've had it come with as many as eight different alcohols in it. I'm sure there are varying stories about the origin of the name, but the one I heard is this:

Beginning in the last half of the 19th century, denizens of New Orleans knew there was no avoiding hurricanes. When one was sighted, they'd make this drink in large buckets, then take a bucket or two of it and a chair down to the beach, plant the chair, plant themselves in the chair, and start drinking as they watched Nature's incredibly beautiful, horrible show come right toward them.

Let the good times roll.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com