V's Natal chart

Feel free to post your full birthdata & open a discussion on your own chart. Tell us what you've learned from it, ask questions, etc.
[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

V's Natal chart

Post by [V] » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm an old member from Heruraha!
I've recently become very interested in learning about myself through astrology. I'm finding it difficult to get my bearings down. Any helpers would be greatly appreciated!

June 30th, 1990 ~ 1:00PM Auckland New Zealand.

I see my Saturn is in Capricorn. And currently Saturn is in Capricorn right now. This seems like an important event for me, but I'm not sure how to really interpret this.

Thank you!

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: V's Natal chart

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 pm

In the Sidereal Zodiac, your Saturn is at 28 Sagittarius 28
Transiting Saturn is currently at 12 Sagittarius 27
So you are coming up on Saturn crossing the same place it was when you were born, aka a Saturn Return. Some people feel Saturn Returns are predictive. I don't, but that's me.

Your chart positions are:
Sun 13°Gemini 24'
Moon 14°Virgo 45'
Mercury 10° Gemini 06'
Venus 11°Taurus 21'
Mars 26° Pisces 45
Jupiter 24 Gemini 29
Saturn 28 Sagittarius 28
Uranus 12 Sagittarius 58
Neptune 18 Sagittarius 44
Pluto 20 Libra 32
MC 21 Gemini 38
Asc 03 Libra 06

You can look up the meanings of the different planet s in the signs here: https://www.solunars.com/viewforum.php?f=13
There are aspect summaries here: https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2089
I'm not going to attempt an aspectarian for you, but planets within 3° of each other, or 3° of 180 degrees apart or 90° apart, or 120° apart, or 60°, that's an aspect. So your SUn and Mercury are conjunct, (within 3° of each other) while your Sun and Venus are only 30° apart, so not something to look at.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Welcome, V. JDAD made excellent recommendations, and I think you should dig through the material to which she referred you. Let me give you a "starter kit," though: I've been working on developing a preliminary skeleton report - not a "computer horoscope analysis" but, rather, a collation of the most important things an astrologer would incorporate in putting together a picture of you. I just generated the text for your chart (not everything, but the most important things) - here it is.

ANGULAR PLANETS
Angular planets are the most expressive in your horoscope. Later in this report, you will see each of them listed with their aspects (which show the way each interacts with other planets). Here follows the meaning of any angular planet(s) in your horoscope.

Angular Mars (Dsc, 1°33')
Aggressive, competitive, challenging, needs to win (combative, quarrelsome). Seeks to test & prove self by contest (e.g., competitively, verbally, mentally, sexually). Courage (physical & moral; may disregard safety). Dominates & controls others. Physical, needs to expend energy; needs physical & psychological elbow-room. Sexually aggressive, needs frequent satisfaction. Business leadership & competitive excellence. [This is the strongest of the three angular planets. The other two are important, but Mars is especially important for you.]

Angular Jupiter (MC, 5°34')
Positive, optimistic, oriented to the good & qualitative. Unusually lucky. Aspires to (enjoys) life of leisure & its perks (seeks to improve self & conditions). Generous, congenial, tolerant, good-humored, kind. Sexually giving. Needs esteem & inclusion (usually well received; can be overly role-conscious). Responds to cultural totems, heritage, tradition, social graces, social & ceremonial rituals. Champion of justice & fair play. (If afflicted: air of superiority, judgmental, greedy, envious; making own luck through shady ethics or crime.)

Angular Neptune (IC 5°44')
Sensitive, vulnerable, feels strongly (tunes into others deeply, not always accurately; feels exposed, over-response). Naturally absorbs & mirrors others’ traits. Sympathy, compassion, empathy (or emotional drama, insecurity, easily hooked, betrayed). Lives in own reality, tenacious with their viewpoint, impervious to logic, passionate about what uniquely frames their view (forges perception of the actual from their concept of the ideal). Favors complexity over simplicity. Dwells within the unknown, choosing mystery over revelation.

MOON
MOON portrays our adaptation and response (instincts, plasticity; adaptation to physical, social, & psychological habitats). Physically, it corresponds to the substance of life, all fluids, hindbrain functions, and the subconscious mind’s role in managing the body. Psychologically it is receptivity, adaptability, sensitivity, appetite, imagination, the immediacy of feelings, personality (mannerisms, idiosyncrasies, tastes), and that which we reveal most easily, which adapts us to our environment and absorbs conditions around it.

Moon in Virgo
Intellectual, strategic, analytical, calculating, data-driven, efficient. (Too serious.) Intuitive, bizarrely illogical (moody, resistant). Plays victim & retaliates (abuse, betrayal). Service, loyal, devoted, contributing. Courageous. Innocent, simple, modest; expects respect. Romantic, flirtatious; shy. Nervous sensitivity.

Moon Square Sun (1°21')
Energetic, dynamic, terrific drive, forceful. Psychic vitality, a mental-emotional attitude biased toward success. At home with power. Intense desire in whatever they undertake. High vitality (unless the luminaries are afflicted). Sexual desires also particularly strong, passionate, though often narcissistic. Possible vanity, self-exaltation, and obstinacy.

Moon Square Uranus (1°47')
A specie of genius (intellectually rebellious, roving, curious, investigative) is bursting to express itself – not wholly comfortable accepting outside guidance, often wondering why others don’t recognize its nature. Inquisitive, original, futuristic, seeking novelty & needing variety (“will try anything twice”). Free-spirited: psychologically lives outside of convention; but subject to tensions and stiffness from emotional stress.

SUN
SUN portrays our individuation needs (the Hero’s Quest). Physically, it corresponds to vitality and the essence of life. Psychologically it is our sense of identity and purpose (direction); “What you are” at the core of your identity; and all forms of authority, power, eminence, leadership.

Sun in Gemini
Acute nervous system. Speed, rhythm, variety (dispersion). More reason than belief. Courageous. Egalitarian; rejects forced stratification: “What’s expected” often makes no sense to them. Play, youthful; needs affection, connection; feels loneliness deeply, often alienated. Music, arts, business. Mechanical, technical.

Sun Opposite Uranus (0°26')
Go their own way, unapologetically following their own paths & persuaded that they’re a “special case.” Resourceful, stimulating, but easily bored (in need of frequent stimulation). Love of freedom: bow to no authority but themselves. Progressive, future-oriented, uninhibited by convention. Adept at creative problem solving. Self-perspective usually founded in objectivity.

Sun Conjunct Mercury (3°17')
Resourceful, knack for organization, likely will do well in the business world, effectively self-expressive. One’s ideas are (unconsciously?) equated with the ego, so altering an opinion may feel like compromising oneself. Intellectual pride, stubbornness. Strong need to identify oneself with rationality, to affirm one’s sanity and reasonableness.

MARS
MARS portrays our power needs (aggression, dominance, controlling others, opposition, independence, defense). Physically, it corresponds to the muscle system and anything that surges adrenaline. Psychologically it is aggression, competition, need for physical expression, sexual aggression, courage, strength, effort, struggle, and pain.

Mars in Pisces
Sensitive, imaginative, fervent; weaves vivid drama, vibrant fantasy. Brooding, moody, surging into temptation, pursing depths & heights. Creative reality-weaving, not scientific reality-discovering. Expect reality to match their wants (impatient with frustrated gratification). Passive-aggressive, manipulative. Looks at things most leave hidden (death, abnormal sexuality, occultism, mysteries of life & the psyche).

Mars Square Saturn (1°44')
Struggle marks these lives, sometimes from early (physical or psychological) hardship, sometimes from prejudice. Some (activists) struggle for something, others struggle only against. All are hardened, tough survivors, self-sufficient, maneuvering for control, who seem to make everything harder than necessary. Three typical types are those who (1) accept the hardship and focus most on “getting through”; (2) act meek, frail, gentle, inoffensive; (3) overcompensate as bullies, pushing around those weaker than them. Suppressive experiences leave feelings of weakness, shame, and inadequacy they ultimately need to heal. Conflicts especially with father-authority equivalencies. Most are serious and reserved, cautious about enthusiasms.

Mars Square Jupiter (2°16')
Exalts strength, competition, and conquest with a zest for living. Common for successful competitive athletes; in most others, it shows vitality and enthusiasm for bringing an ever-improving “personal best.” Confidence in their own strength adds impermanence to any defeats. Morally if not physically courageous. Enterprising, resourceful. Sexually ardent, lusty, eager, popular, on the hunt. “Money to burn” (generous or extravagant; rarely holds onto cash for long; seems confident in the stream of resources). Aggressive in their beliefs, evangelical in their lives (irrepressible enthusiasts, missionaries, barnstormers of doctrine or other interests).

Venus Semi-square Mars (0°23')
Passion (in all senses), feels powerfully about things. Strong sexual passions mature early, continue late, rarely encumbered by too many conditions. Broadly fun-loving, socially active, loves romance: interesting, likable, sociable, horny people. Relationships, often picked for ferocity, easily hit conflict, strain, or burnout.

MERCURY
MERCURY portrays our information needs (e.g.,curiosity, gaining & sharing information). Physically, it corresponds to the nervous system, including brain (especially forebrain) and spinal tissues. Psychologically it is curiosity, perceptiveness; the gathering, storing, interpreting, and sharing of information; mental faculties, communication, and nervous sensitivity.

Mercury in Gemini
Versatile mind, engaging. Much mental & physical movement, quickness. (Sensitive nerves, high-strung, restless.) Writers, thinkers, creators, communication. Fond of mental games. Commercially shrewd, sly, cunning, courageous, observant, quick grasp of situations.

Mercury Opposite Uranus (2°52')
Independent thinker. Curiosity and investigative spirit in most things. Mind unfettered by formality and standards, solves problems and integrates data more intuitively. Rejects linearity, lacks rigor in learning. Many interests, diverse, often unusual (including astrology or occultism). Speech engages others’ attention, usually has something interesting to say; challenges convention or authority, dares to speak despite consequences. Gentle rebellious behavior (“bad boy/girl”) seems rooted in, “Don’t tell me how to think.” Socially odd, but not ostracized for it.

VENUS
VENUS portrays our affection needs (to love & be loved, give & receive nurturing; affiliation, sex, shared play). Physically, it corresponds to the hormonal system (and possibly the limbic system). Psychologically it is giving & receiving love; harmony, pleasure; gentle, esthetic, receptive, but natural, guileless, searching for meaning.

Venus in Taurus
Gentle, kind. Feels intensely (moody). Lives in a romantic or fantasy world. Affectionate, devoted, desires tenderness, sympathetic. Eros dominates. Wants to enjoy love & all pleasure from its many forms. Devoted: friendship important. Indulgent, gratifies desires readily. Artistic-aesthetic. Graceful. Avoids harsh, vulgar, violent, painful.

Venus Semi-square Jupiter (1°53')
Warm, friendly, giving, hospitable, gracious. Needs to be liked, desires positive attention & appreciation (usually gets it). At home in comfort. Unusual luck opens doors. Inclined to extravagance, possible “spoiled brat.”
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 pm

Wow, thank you both! Some of these really hit the nail on the head. I feel like I've been struggling with astrology mostly because I've been trying to fit my personality into the tropical context. You've both given me a LOT to work with, thanks a bunch!

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:36 pm

I'm trying to understand an issue that has been plaguing my life for the past 7-8 years, with increasing severity.
My eyes have started to become chronically red and irritated. No ophthalmologist has been able to pin the why down.
I feel like it has zapped by vitality, social confidence, and a lot of my strong extroverted tendencies I used to have.

Can any of this be explained with my chart? Is there a deeper meaning here that I'm not quite seeing?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:48 am

I would guess that you are prone to allergies. The amount of Mercury presence (and, sure, throw in the foreground Neptune and Mars) is highly consistent with allergies.

Factors for the eyes themselves are not showing afflictions, and actual eye issues would have been easy for a doctor to detect.

Your thoughts?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 am

Allergies were suspected once, but they were ruled out by my doctor. No anti-histamines made a difference, and no matter where in the world I went it stayed the same (without any other allergy symptoms). I'm always open to more theories.

I feel like I've gotten my overly competitive mars nature under control from my early 20s. I've calmed down a lot. Its still there, but I feel like it serves me now, rather than throwing me into crazy situations.

Th other situation that stands out is my mercury/Uranus situation. I used to be intensely focused when I was a teenager. I've grown to be less focused and more curious about every branch of science, technology, and the occult I can wrap my head around. For example, just before I started medical school I started an energy research company with a friend, now I'm trying to juggle both at the same time. I sometimes worry that this quality might prevent me from acquiring the depth I need to be a good doctor in the future.

I realize I can't change my nature. All I can do is make the best of it. But how does one really do that in practice? One approach I've been using is understanding the Personal Tableau Tarot arrangement suggested by the Fraternity of the Hidden Light. Do you remember this assignment Jim? Its based on your ascendant & your solar sign. I know in another post you mentioned you don't put much weight on the ascendant. What are your thoughts on the personal tableau as a whole?

Here is mine:

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 am

[V] wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:04 am
Allergies were suspected once, but they were ruled out by my doctor. No anti-histamines made a difference, and no matter where in the world I went it stayed the same (without any other allergy symptoms). I'm always open to more theories.
If I come up with something, I'll let you know. If doctors haven't been able to identify this, what medical astrology has to offer will likely not add much. Mostly what I can do is look at different body systems and tell whether they look like a significant issue (meaning, standard to your life in general rather than an acute incident popping up for a short time).

Eyes, according to tradition, are attributed to Sun and Moon, and the limited number of cases I've seen seem to go along with this. You have strong Sun and Moon aspects away from the angles, but moderately so - not acutely inexpressive. (Many persistent health issues show from strong energies in parts of the chart where they are inexpressive. They turn back on the health instead.) The solution, though, seems to be what you have done: It would be to make sure you express in your character the strongest aspect energies of Sun and Moon, which primarily means their connection to Mercury-Uranus. (Energies that are owned and actualized in character don't need to leak out in health issues to get your attention.)

Strongly Mercury types (which you are) tend to develop allergies most acutely, which is why I started there.

Another consideration is inflammation per se. This is Mars. Mars is quite strong in your chart, the opposite of the inexpressive Moon-Sun-etc., and Mars aspects are mixed (comoparably strong major aspects to Jupiter and Saturn). This would not seem to be a serious contributor to health issues except in the sense of "too much" of that particular energy. If inflammation became a persistent issue, it probably would work out through the intestines and lower abdominal region of the body in general - are there any theories you've been provided that point this way?

One "what to do" answer might be to explore a low-inflammation diet. I'm quite attuned to this because it's exactly what I've been doing for most of the last year. Atkins moves you in that direction, with the full shift to a ketogenic diet being a shift from being a carb burner to being a fat burner - our routine consumption of carbs is much more inflammation-prone. The gist of it is very high fat (its your fuel food), fairly high protein, and less than 10-20 grams of residual carbohydrates a day (meaning, you don't have to count fiber since it isn't metabolized). In practice (given the number of hidden carbs) it means target zero sugars (from any source), zero starches (from any source, not counting fiber), and your "slips" or inadvertent ingredients make up your 10-20 g/dy. - If this interests you, try it for a month or two and see if it makes a difference, in which case you know there is something fueling excessive inflammation. (Just be sure to keep your diet filled with quality fats, since that's your primary food on this diet: plenty of butter, sour cream, avocado, quality oils, and other high-fat foods).

I was going to suggest you look at going to some spot where your Sun-Moon-Mercury-Uranus is on an angle, to maximize its outward expression, but the closest spot is halfway between New Zealand and Australia.
For example, just before I started medical school I started an energy research company with a friend, now I'm trying to juggle both at the same time. I sometimes worry that this quality might prevent me from acquiring the depth I need to be a good doctor in the future.
BTW, Gemini Sun (note the caduceus symbol) is one of the two constellations most common for physicians :)

Yes, you have diverse interests and will be drawn hither and yon. Just the fact that you have two Spoke (mutable) luminaries, Gemini and Virgo, tells that, and the Mercury-Uranus enhances it. Lifelong benefit of curiosity and fascination, lifelong struggle to equilibrate.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:03 pm

I have not had any abdominal/intestine issues. I actually tried to go vegan for 3 months before calling it quits to see if that had any effect. No luck there! And yes, I've heard about the anti-inflammatory/low carb-high fat diet lately. I'll definitely give this a shot.

In the meantime, my doctor has scheduled to have my nasolacricmal duct cauterized. It seems that my meibomian glands are under-secreting the oily film that is used to stabilize my layer of tears. Not sure why this is happening however. But this should help retain what little I secrete and improve my symptoms.

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 am
BTW, Gemini Sun (note the caduceus symbol) is one of the two constellations most common for physicians :)
Maybe this is getting a bit too specific, but do you have any data on what medical sub-specialty is most conducive to my chart?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:26 pm

[V] wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:04 pm
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 am
Maybe this is getting a bit too specific, but do you have any data on what medical sub-specialty is most conducive to my chart?
I don't. Nothing more than good estimating at best. There are two studies: The Firebrace-Gleadow study of over 7,000 British physicians showed high statistical significance for Gemini and Aries, and Leo the next step behind them. The other, much smaller, is one I started (but never finished) while in high school, in which I was specifically gathering data on surgeons from professional biographical volumes and, in the few hundred I got through, found Leo (with Aries second) staying out front. These make a lot of sense to me.

The "Geminis become physicians" ranks with "Libras become lawyers" - the focus on the psyche's sensitivity to symbols.

If you have a small number (two or three or four?) specialities that have comparable draw for you, we might be able to discern that one of them resonates with your chart best.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:49 pm

OK Lets give this a shot!
Here are a few ideas I've been playing around with:

Surgery (+any surgical sub-specialty)
Neurology
Interventional Radiology
Pathology
Geriatric Medicine
General Internal Medicine .

I realize this is a bit more than four. I can narrow it down further if it helps. It took me a while to come up with this list, and I'm still not entirely satisfied with it lol.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:21 pm

Call this an intuitive hit more than anything else, but I saw neurology and instantly flashed on your Virgo Moon. I have no data that Virgo Moons have anything more to do with the professional practice of neurological medicine, just that Gemini-Virgo is all about the nervous system and the symbolism seems sound.

With you angularity dominance of Mars, I think you should spend your time cutting things. In fact, I can't think of a more positive use of your close Mars-Saturn square than pulling a knife on people and cutting them day after day <vbg>.

So neurosurgeon jumps out at this intuitive, symbolic level.

If you want to go further - to overcome mine (and perhaps that of everyone here) ignorance on the character and day-to-day reality differences of the different medical fields you mention, I propose the following. For each of the specialties, list two - no more than two! - two character traits or job conditions for each of them. These should be traits or conditions that none of the others share (or only minimally share) - that make each of the fields as distinctive to you (and, thus, to us) as if you were labelling six distinct pure primary and secondary color or six different varities of wine or si separate food items. Then we ignore the names of the fields altogether and assess your chart only in relation to the traits you list.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 pm

I can't think of a more positive use of your close Mars-Saturn square than pulling a knife on people and cutting them day after day <vbg>.
hahaha sounds great actually.

here are a few words I put together:
Surgery: Mechanical, Repairs
Neurology: Behavior, detailed (patient)histories
Neurosurgery: Art, Dedication
Interventional Radiology: Technology, Procedural
Pathology: Antisocial, Microscopes
Geriatric Medicine: Calm, Old People.
General Internal Medicine: Diverse Cases, puzzles

The thing that really concerns me about Neurosurgery especially, is that I feel like I would have to sacrifice all my diverse interests to do it

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:17 pm

[V] wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 pm
Surgery: Mechanical, Repairs
Neurology: Behavior, detailed (patient)histories
Neurosurgery: Art, Dedication
Interventional Radiology: Technology, Procedural
Pathology: Antisocial, Microscopes
Geriatric Medicine: Calm, Old People.
General Internal Medicine: Diverse Cases, puzzles
Interesting you mention that diversity issue... and then use it as a term to describe general internal. If I were to ignore your chart and just use your list as an projective profiling tool I'd say you placed yourself as an internist.

Going back to your chart, the diversity element is certainly huge - It seems your nature to shoot hither and yon for various interests and the hope of new discovery and something cool. With this in mind, your description of general internal medicine is a dead hit.

In fact, my one concern about a medical path for you in general is that Saturn is not foreground. That's the planet foreground for physicians in the Gaquelin studies (with Mars added for surgeons), and I tend to relate it to scientific rigor and the years of unremitting hard work, discipline, and sacrifice before you get to practide you craft: Saturn people can handle this, and commonly handle it well. I think your saving grace is the Mars-Saturn square (with Mars-Jupiter to soften and strenthen) - it gives toughness and perseverance.

Geriatric seems the most off. I thought that initially because of your Genini Sun - youth oriented - in fact, pediatrics would fit better than geriatric. I thought I'd hold off, though, to see how you chracterized it, and you characterized it in a way that does not fit your chart. I also doubt you're antisocial enough to be a pathologist, although I could understand the life of an explorer and investigator for you; but Saturn and Pluto are not yur keenest planets.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Going back to your chart, the diversity element is certainly huge - It seems your nature to shoot hither and yon for various interests and the hope of new discovery and something cool. With this in mind, your description of general internal medicine is a dead hit.
Very spot on. I actually went into Medicine shortly after I was not selected in a recent Astronaut selection process for the Canadian Space Agency. But Medicine was not completely left-field, I had studied life sciences all throughout college. It's interesting that you mentioned neurology earlier. I actually did my masters in neurophysiology. And my mother has always thought I should go into neurosurgery. Although I'm not sure how much of that stems from her own ideas of status.

I feel like I'm all over the map lol. I'll play around with General Internist, as that seems to accommodate 'diversity', which is important to me. One thing that I'm also juggling is my occult studies. I feel like I'm in a rush to attain K&C. Because I feel like once I start my clerkship years, residency & beyond I'll have very little time to engage in the process. And I don't want that to drift away. I think this is part of the reason I'm reluctant to take up something that consumes nearly 100% of my time.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:36 pm

I'll see you tonight.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm

My birth certificate does not say the time I was born. My mother told to me yesterday that I might have been born closer to 2:00PM. Would this make any differences worth mentioning on my chart?

I also found a very old child development report on me from 1993-1994. Apparently I was part of somebody's PhD project, where they observed me for a year in a preschool. In this report is a description of my developmental milestones, my interactions with other kids, my temperament, and all things alike. I figure this might be some very interesting source material for studying my chart perhaps! If you find this stuff interesting, I can DM you a copy.

Anyways, some highlights from that report were that I was obsessed with taking apart electronics. I was always dismantling things, putting them back together, building little electronic things here and there. And I would always teach people how to use these tools. Looking back, it was kind of odd that this pre-school had an electronics lab, but I understand now that the person doing her PhD actually arranged it for me because I showed interest :lol: .

Would you describe this with my mars angularity?

I know later on in my high school years I became obsessed with computer programming, which seems to be somewhat in-line with my interests in preschool. What characteristics of my chart would describe these sorts of tendencies?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:13 pm

[V] wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm
My birth certificate does not say the time I was born. My mother told to me yesterday that I might have been born closer to 2:00PM. Would this make any differences worth mentioning on my chart?
Quite a bit, yes. For 2:00 PM you have no angular planets (Pluto looks close to Ascendant but, in fact, is 11° below). For 1:00 PM you have Mars very closely angular, Jupiter and Neptune moderately so.

As I mentioned to you in passing Wednesday night, Boston is an exceptionally important place for you for the 1 PM birth time, with Jupiter 0°38' from Descendant. It also has Saturn about 3° from Ascendant and Sun, Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, and a hair of Mercury more widely angular. It seemed fitting to me as a fortunate place, with some destiny, career, and education elements, which nonetheless still required significant work. I thought this looked pretty good though, of course, that doesn't mean it's the right chart.

The 2:00 PM chart relocated to Boston loses all of this and, like the natal at birthplace, has nothing angular.

Was it Toronto where you grew up? We can check that for local influences through your whole formative time.
I also found a very old child development report on me from 1993-1994. Apparently I was part of somebody's PhD project, where they observed me for a year in a preschool. In this report is a description of my developmental milestones, my interactions with other kids, my temperament, and all things alike. I figure this might be some very interesting source material for studying my chart perhaps! If you find this stuff interesting, I can DM you a copy.
It might indeed. It would be much more interesting if we had a reliable birth time, though :) It might (emphasize on might) help clarify your birth time.
Anyways, some highlights from that report were that I was obsessed with taking apart electronics. I was always dismantling things, putting them back together, building little electronic things here and there. And I would always teach people how to use these tools. Looking back, it was kind of odd that this pre-school had an electronics lab, but I understand now that the person doing her PhD actually arranged it for me because I showed interest :lol: .

Would you describe this with my mars angularity?
Yes. First, this sounds very much like the curiosity of your abundant Mercury themes, though it also sounds to me very martial - which would only be there for a time close to 1 PM.
I know later on in my high school years I became obsessed with computer programming, which seems to be somewhat in-line with my interests in preschool. What characteristics of my chart would describe these sorts of tendencies?
Your entire generation ws much more computer-mindful than earlier ones, though I take it that you are saying you were much more so than those around you. This alone is quite consistent with your Gemini-Virgo luminaries and the strong Mercury-Uranus opposition tied to your Sun.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:16 pm

1:00PM makes more sense with everything you said. My mother is actually pretty uncertain if it was 1 or 2, and she's not willing to commit to one or the other. I'm going to stick with the 1PM interpretation for now. I'm in the process of contacting the hospital I was born at to see if they have an exact time on record.

Its funny that you mentioned that about Boston. I actually had a tarot reading done a while back, where my reader said that Boston was highly important for me, where I would meet someone in the role of a mentor.

I ran my chart several times on astro.com using the Fagan/Bradley system with "topocentric" unchecked. My chart seems to show my Saturn is angular. My understanding was that houses 1, 4, 7, 10 are angular right? The chart I ran also shows mars in house six.

here it is: https://imgur.com/a/wVUAek2

I assume I probably set something up wrong. Any idea what I missed?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 pm

I'm not sure what that chart is. You do have Saturn angular in Boston - 2° from Ascendant - just not quite as close as Jupiter.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 am

Angularity is distance from the angles. Houses have nothing to do with it.

Running a birthchart on Astro.com for June 30, 1990 at 1 PM in Auckland, NZ, I get Neptune and Jupiter closest to the MC at just under 3°, followed by Saturn, and I guess you could count the Moon if you were pretty loose with the orbs.

*Asc 3 Libra 06
Venus 11 Tau 21
node 13 Cap 05
Pluto 20 Lib 32

Mars 26 Pisces

Mercury 10 Gem 07
Uranus 12 Sag 58
Sun 13 Gem 23
Moon 14 Gem 45
Neptune 18 Sag 44
*MC 21 Gem 38
Jupiter 24 Gem 29
Saturn 28 Gem 29

I think that's what you posted - your birth chart at birth place.
In Boston, MA (chart drawn for 9 PM the previous day)
Asc 23 Sag 49
MC 19 Lib 38
putting Jupiter at less than a degree off the ASC, and Pluto less than a degree off the MC. Saturn is within 5° of the ASC.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:13 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:07 am
Running a birthchart on Astro.com for June 30, 1990 at 1 PM in Auckland, NZ, I get Neptune and Jupiter closest to the MC at just under 3°, followed by Saturn, and I guess you could count the Moon if you were pretty loose with the orbs.
Astro.com doesn't give you the chance to check this mundanely. I confirm the Ascendant (within a minute I get 3°05', it's probably a minor coordinate difference). But the most angular planet is Mars, which looks 7° ecliptically but is only 1°33' below Descendant mundanely. Jupiter and Neptune then come next, 5°34' east of MC and 5°44' west of IC, respectively.

Moon and Saturn are 13°24' and 12°48', respectively, from angles, which I wouldn't count as foreground.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am

I added the local angles for Boston while Jim was posting.

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:27 am

Thank you both for the explanations!

What does it mean to "check mundanely"? If I can't rely on Astro.com to give me proper charts, is there any service other than Astro Fire that will let me "check mundanely"?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:41 am

In this context, it means to check the prime vertical longitude of the planet.

We have a spreadsheet you can download. It's originally intended to precess natal planets to the time of a solar or lunar return and fit them into the SSR or SLR framework, but you can use it for the angularity of a given natal chart also. It's made a little more complicated because you need to manually type the Sidereal longitude and latitude of each planet, as a decimal. Here is how that looks for you (so you can just copy and paste):

Moon Mon 164.751471225916 -4.5947832798843
Sun Sun 73.3976857441342 -1.21681358475277E-04
Mercury Mer 70.1087996355896 0.954682277582033
Venus Ven 41.3546528517474 -1.56426013408482
Mars Mar 356.744681143191 -2.04807102179217
Jupiter Jup 84.4778112590134 0.206329899883814
Saturn Sat 268.476759689531 0.096546254019442
Uranus Ura 252.971574380766 -0.326482838871446
Neptune Nep 258.725919055628 0.875426346457945
Pluto Plu 200.541523588831 15.7468278397531

The spreadsheet is here:
https://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1544
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 pm

You can get the planetary longitude and latitude from your astro.com chart. Look for the link that says "Additional Tables (PDF)" right above the box that gives the person's name and birthdata. Each sign is 30° so 13 Gem 23 is 13°23' plus 30° to the end of Aries + 30° to the end of Taurus, = 73°23'

The zodiacal chart as given by astro.com is the primary chart, and the best chart to use for most things. A mundane chart in Sidereal astrology is based on the planet's positions using the Prime Vertical rather than the zodiac. Planets that have a lot of latitude and are close to the angles are sometimes closer or further from the angles than they appear in the zodiacal chart.

You'd have to pay a few hundred dollars for astrology software that will create a mundane chart. I know of no place online that offers that chart. Some that claim to, but they are mistaken. There is also astrology software that claims to offer the mundane chart but doesn't. Solar Fire does.
BTW, no software but Riyal does PSSRs although some claim to.
If you don't know what a PSSR is, don't worry about it.

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Jim, When you transposed my birth-time to Boston MA you said my chart was highly significant. Can you explain the logic/rationale behind the validity of doing this type of transposition? Its not like I ever got exposed to those particular energies, which were present in Boston only at the time of my birth.

Would you mind offering an interpretation of how & what on this transposed chart specifically is significant in your eyes?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:02 pm

[V] wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:40 pm
Jim, When you transposed my birth-time to Boston MA you said my chart was highly significant. Can you explain the logic/rationale behind the validity of doing this type of transposition? Its not like I ever got exposed to those particular energies, which were present in Boston only at the time of my birth.
The theory is that, while there, you are being continually "exposed." the theory is this: You partake of the moment you were born; but that means with respect to the entire universe, not just your birthplace. You are especially imprinted by the intersection of time and space where you were born but, as you relocate through space, you experience how other points of space "looked" at your birth moment.

It's a well-established astrological principle, not controversial at all.
Would you mind offering an interpretation of how & what on this transposed chart specifically is significant in your eyes?
For the most part, one only looks at the newly angular planets. (There are additional subtleties, but I won't confuse the issue with them.) At the moment you were born, in Boston the following planets were angular. (Mars is taken ecliptically, the rest mundanely. The italicized are weaker, the other two are stronger.)

Jupiter on Dsc 0°31'
Saturn on Asc 2°50'
Neptune on Asc 4°35'
Mars sq. Asc 2°45'
Pluto on MC 7°30'
Sun on Dsc 7°55'
Uranus on Asc 7°57'
Mercury on Dsc 9°48'

The main feature, then, is that Jupiter is half a degree from the horizon! This is a powerful force for good and advantage at that location. However, the second strongest - also quite strong - is Saturn near your Boston Ascendant. Jupiter is stronger, but Saturn is quite present. This alters the interpretation of the Jupiter, making it: The location is quite positive for you and will be advantageous, but you'll have to work for it. Success is to be expected and earned. The Jupiter-Saturn aspect also shows stronger connections to institutions and formal structures.

I'm also intrigued (don't know if I saw this before) to see that your Sun-Uranus opposition is mundanely only 0°02' wide. The good side of this is that you should grow in independence and life in a space of discovery and awakening. The negative side is that there could be so much exciting stuff that you are distracted and need to rely on that Saturn discipline.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Awesome, thanks for explaining that.
The negative side is that there could be so much exciting stuff that you are distracted and need to rely on that Saturn discipline.
Lol story of my life.

Also, my Chiron is only 56' off of the MC mundanely. Is Chiron significant in this context? I don't see it discussed a whole lot in these forums

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 pm

I don't think we know enough to say anything about Chiron at all. I have ideas about it, and can enjoy looking at it, but won't pretend that anything I say will necessarily be true.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:14 am

Jim wrote:
I'm also intrigued (don't know if I saw this before) to see that your Sun-Uranus opposition is mundanely only 0°02' wide. The good side of this is that you should grow in independence and life in a space of discovery and awakening.

I can certainly relate to Jim's words here, since I was born with a partile ecliptic Sun-Uranus 90, in potential Paran. I have certainly grown with a tremendous amount of 'independence' 'in a space of discovery and awakening' in the field of Sidereal Astrology. :) Sidereal Astrology has been the greatest 'discovery' in my entire life! :)

[V]
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by [V] » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:49 am

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:14 am
Jim wrote:
I'm also intrigued (don't know if I saw this before) to see that your Sun-Uranus opposition is mundanely only 0°02' wide. The good side of this is that you should grow in independence and life in a space of discovery and awakening.

I can certainly relate to Jim's words here, since I was born with a partile ecliptic Sun-Uranus 90, in potential Paran. I have certainly grown with a tremendous amount of 'independence' 'in a space of discovery and awakening' in the field of Sidereal Astrology. :) Sidereal Astrology has been the greatest 'discovery' in my entire life! :)
Thanks Steve! Do you find that you are easily distracted and drawn to a ton of interesting topics? If so, how do you temper that urge?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:18 am

Jim asked:
Thanks Steve! Do you find that you are easily distracted and drawn to a ton of interesting topics? If so, how do you temper that urge?
I am always looking to discover/learn new things which hold my peak interest and Sidereal Astrology is at the top of that list. At my age, I want to surround myself with things which nourish my soul for peace and happiness and there are other things besides Sidereal Astrology which I am constantly striving to surround myself within my immediate environment. I love to discover what I consider to be true secrets of nature, and Sidereal Astrology, I consider to be a great secret of Nature which constantly surrounds our lives.

Am I easily distracted? Yes, in some ways. I have learned to trust my instincts with my waking thoughts. One day I may be very interested in one topic and the next day I will wake early in the morning with a new topic which engulfs my mind. I had a psychic back in the 70's who told me to always pay close attention to my waking thoughts, for it would be these thoughts which would guide me to a better enriched life for my individually. Yes, I am always drawn to 'a ton of interesting topics', many which I never post about. I love to wake in the morning with mini research projects pertaining to the things which interest me about my immediate future with Sidereal Astrology-- pertaining to my individual goals which helps enrich me and my mate's life. My waking thoughts guide me so much in my retired life. It is that moment when I awake which is in my mind that I will mediate on though out the day. These thoughts becomes a very personal guide in my life. As a Virgo, I am always endeavoring perfection in my style of practicing Sidereal Astrology, and seeking perfection in surrounding my immediate environment with non negative things, only things which make me happy and at peace with my soul. Sidereal Astrology prepares me for possible negative psychological time cycles which I experience but by being conscious of certain negative times in my life helps me pull these negative things back into a better balance with positive stuff. Of course, this is my positive Natal Jupiter rising--constantly working benefic balances in my life. The greatest Jupiter thing in my life is my wife of 47 years. She recognizes when I am down and does things which pulls me back to the positive-benefic side of life, she is truly an angel in my life. The second greatest Jupiter thing in my life is analyzing Sidereal Astrology. :D Jim, your great work has meant so much in my life. You are in my will in a small token appreciative manner. :)

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 am

I have Sun and Uranus foreground, which ... I can relate, anyway.

I don't temper it. I flow with it. The strong survives. lol.