Social-Political philosophy and planets

Q&A and discussion on the Planets.
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Social-Political philosophy and planets

Post by James Condor » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 am

State of Nature, Original position, Veil of ignorance theories, to name a few related philosophical happenings, all suggest a discovery or perceived human constructed law of sorts . Can we possible know where law and order came from besides that we do know it exists? I like the ideas but it’s difficult to pretend on such lengths and unrealistic but paradoxically relevant because we are not alone. We are born therefore we aren’t alone but we can mentally imagine a more natural state of raw, unfiltered being. Quite the paradox to me.
Social contract says we are born into a world with other people in which we assume to give up certain freedoms in order to survive basically. Majority rules or weapons rule-whatever. It’s hard to imagine being completely free beside mentally living as so. Basically what I understand is that we give up certain freedoms for order so we can survive.This paradox involves all sorts of planetary symbolism.
In life, as humans that we are, in relation to natural vs State (being what we born into politically) seemingly paradoxically in between a struggle of sorts. A diachomomy of sorts that is at once real but before our birth and out of individual control because we aren’t alone. Yet, we can imagine a more utopian existence or customized indivial desire. So I am thinking about how to label planets responsible for this.
Mozi said in the beginning before law and government, one man had his own moral, two men had their own, ten men had their own and so on...(theory, mental exercise)
So basically I think the social planets are turned on/off in the degree of socialization but each degree depends on the cost. Each individuals natal chart forms to the later or degree of socialization depending on the contrast of “anti-social” planets and every other type or planet inbetween. The individuals chart (s) do not determine the objective reality of which cannot be changed but does determine the degree of perception of the objective. These planets have an objective nature regardless of our charts but it is our charts that relate to the degree of perception to the nature.
Each planet in ones chart can be related to this. We all have each planet subjectively connected to the obejdctive to the extent of aspects, angularity which determine degrees of relevance. My Sag sun has a social perspective that my angular Mars doesn’t. My Moon-Jupiter aspect is contrasted by Moon-Mercury and Moon-Neptune.
I am sensing this currently in more detail
I can imagine Jim being like-yeah duh I’ve been saying this for years

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Social-Political philosophy and planets

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 am

James Condor wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:50 am
The individuals chart(s) do not determine the objective reality of which cannot be changed but does determine the degree of perception of the objective.
I think this sentence is the root of everything else you say above and, yes, I agree completely.
I can imagine Jim being like-yeah duh I’ve been saying this for years
:lol: True.

Or... not exactly what you are saying but, to my ears, essentially the same... I see the ten planets as each embodying or expressing fundamental needs that we all share. All of the needs are in the mix - information needs, affection needs, power needs, individuation needs, adaptation and response instincts, ambition and survival needs, freedom and renewal needs, reality organizing needs, and authenticity needs. Like a nice sauce, we are unique in the particular mix and balance of all of these needs and yet we can (if we only look and reflect) understand others who have a different mix because whatever is most important to them is at least a part of ourselves.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
3rd Warning Suspension Likely
3rd Warning  Suspension Likely

Post by Danica » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 am
[...] reality organizing needs [...]
Neptune?
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 am

That’s what’s id match Danica.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Danica wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:32 pm
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 am
[...] reality organizing needs [...]
Neptune?
Yes. Since the class you attended, Danica, I've rotated this to "list it first" for the needs. I previously listed Merger Needs because it sounded much more like a classic set of psychological needs (and Merger Needs are important for Neptune, of course).

But for 40 years I've regarded the primary psychological function of Neptune to be the selective perception from a field in infinite data points that allows sanity; in other words, the organization of reality to fit a comfortable womb within which to operate. When I revisited and updated my interpretations of natal aspects for the last year or so, I increasingly saw that the one character trait I could rely on for Sun-Neptune or angular Neptune more than anything is, "holds on tight to whatever reality they have."

Consider all the data units impacting our senses in any given moment. Add to that the number of data points stored in your mind. Now consider all the potential relationships between/among these. That raw number of cognitive content seems infinite and is at least immeasurable. There is no way our nervous system could function if it had to attend to all of that. The only survival, functioning mechanism is to filter out the majority of it and put together one's framework of what's so from whatever data units we accept.

That filtering and composition is the function of Neptune, the Planet of Reality :D

By the way (to flip to a Qabbalistic subject), this is why I equate Neptune to the Abyss on the Tree of Life: Da'ath represents this exact function of composing "knowable" reality from infinite data points, making possible the composition of the Ruach (more or less the cognitive aspects of our psyche) in the layer below it. "Crossing the abyss" means relaxing - dropping - that reality-composition function and being back into the place of infinite data points. There is no sane backing out after that: One either collapses into insanity or makes a shift in cognitive functioning so that opposition (data distinction) no longer is a separating characteristic but is a unifying characteristic. The latter produces what is technically called "trans-Abysmal or Supernal consciousness."

So, back to astrology: Yeah, I've finally admitted that we have a need - a deep, compelling need - to compose a manageable, coherent reality. I previously picked "merger" as more in the "need" category and thought of the above as "how Neptune functions." I've changed my label.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com