- Taurus-Scorpio has a clear EROS-SEXUALITY theme, though each sign expresses this differently. The two signs act out the polar natures of Venus and Mars including such contrasts as settled and devoted vs. free and volcanic.
- Virgo-Pisces is as obvious, with its REASON-UNREASON theme and such contrasts as curiosity (needing to know what is really so) vs. imagination (needing to invent what is so) or mystery (needing to live not knowing what is so).
- Cancer-Capricorn involves SECURITY and PARENT themes. Both constellations are absorbed in SHADOW symbols, though in different ways.
- Gemini-Sagittarius shares EDUCATION and TRAVEL themes, contrasting something akin to innocence vs. sophistication.
- Leo-Aquarius contrasts DIGNITY with ECCENTRICITY. Leo is one sun (one star) and Aquarius the uncountable stars: “one, distinguished from the many” against “the many, within which is one.”
- Libra-Aries expresses RELATIONSHIP dynamics, especially contrasts of connection vs. isolation, compromise vs. solitary interests (we vs. I), peace vs. war. Both have rhythmic, cyclic equilibration themes, whether correcting extreme imbalances (Libra) or the gain-loss, rise-fall cycles of Aries.
For fun and as an exercise, start thinking of simple stereotypes for easy social conversations about these Sidereal signs. I suggest composing these along sign polarities, both as a memory aid and for easy contrasts. For example, think in terms of devoted Taurus and volcanic Scorpio; playful and versatile Gemini and the rank and rightness of Sagittarius; emulating Cancer and discontented Capricorn; stately Leo and eccentric Aquarius; analytical Virgo and romantic Pisces; and ingratiating Libra and contrary Aries.