More on Mars in Capricorn

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, Sun and Moon sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: More on Mars in Capricorn

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 am

Beanies+Bad habits wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:44 pm
Saturn I would relate to intuition itself, thoughts?
Mars in capricorn - bodily intuition (reading ones body like a moon dominate person reads their feelings?)?
There is a Qabbalistic interpretation of Saturn that expressly links it to intuition (as the higher of two expressions of Saturn on the Tree of Life) Qabbalah, of course, isn't astrology - it's a separate system that employs astrological labels for its own purposes, so any such input has to be judged independently, on its own merits.

It seems to me (from watching people navigate Qabbalistic spiritual evolution system), that those who have progressed to very deep spiritual levels of awareness undergo a flip in how Saturn operates. The first characteristic is that their relationship to physical, biological survival collapses (for lack of a better word; it's not that they no longer have a survival instinct but, rather, that their bodies go along benefiting from a survival instinct while the individual has learned that he or she is not at all the body). The psychological energies previously committed of survival, or to experiencing themselves as primarily biological beings, collapses and re-expreseses as a function commonly called intuition. "Intuition" in this sense means direct acquisition of knowing through means that are neither physical-sensory, intellectual, or emotional.

This also shifts the relationship of time. Saturn is intimately connected to time. Generally it expresses as the limitations of time, insufficiency of time, etc. After the above shift, the more natural perception is nested in the recognition of time as infinite and as inseparable from substance.

This shift is also the threshold of the laughing Buddha. The "everything is sorrow" observation (to use the grossly-simplified popular rendering of dukkha) is understood in a way that is inseparable from "everything is joy" and an incessant, joyous joke. (No need to explain the joke: It would take too long anyway.)

Saturn also is reality. It never ceases to be that; but as one's perception and understanding of the nature of reality changes, so does Saturn's performance within it.

So, having regrettably been more confusing than clarifying, I would respond to your inquiry by saying, yes, there is an atypical situation where Saturn is an expression of the deeper, gnostic sense of intuition.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:14 am

IMO, its takes this ‘Saturn type intuition’ to allow any type of ‘adeptship’ in any type field one endeavors to pursue. IMO, It can only be attained in any field with lots of mental/physical-- work experience. Great post Jim.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:34 am

I think my life events have lead me to reach Saturn on this level Jim. Everyone talks about death and experiences it as pain, I experience it as life. They want to save the environment and the world and preserve their mortal bodies, I see the search and act of immortality as the only sin (and mostly a falsehood).

It's not that I don't care about my earth but I understand that we as a race are small in the grand scheme of things. I'm intuitive or emotional or logical or physical. However I've noticed higher physicality lately.
Last edited by Soft Alpaca on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:32 pm

From outside looking in are Capricorn Mars people particularly hard to pin down up front? Are there any times where you have met a Mars in Capricorn and misread their initial responses/impression?

I was thinking about the word "Autonomy" and how if it was physically applied to a person it might come off as being veiled.. You have always hinted at them{Capricorn Mars} being hidden but even you haven't come up with the exact why. I think it's just a sense of Autonomy that we maintain in our bones, you take the shrugs and shaded nature as being a defensive mechanism: it just makes sense that this is exactly what we are protecting..

This aside:
I think the Quabba Saturn teaches is that death is the ultimate Autonomy.. or at least this is a big part of it, it teaches the truth in the falsity or instability in the worlds "material safety".

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:32 pm
From outside looking in are Capricorn Mars people particularly hard to pin down up front? Are there any times where you have met a Mars in Capricorn and misread their initial responses/impression?
With what I know now, they aren't hard to pin down from their chart; but, in simply meeting them, they are some of the most secretive (they probably say "private") people I know. In the Gauqueline character trait catalogue, the traits secretive and insincere (meaning: outside observers called them this) are statistically common for Mars in Capricorn.
You have always hinted at them{Capricorn Mars} being hidden but even you haven't come up with the exact why.
I'm not big on the question "why" - I'm much more interested in what's so - but I think you mean the motive. With Capricorn luminaries, it is easy to trace to the broad cluster of safety - security - maybe autonomy - basically, the idea that they have to control conditions and ensure their survival against presumed hostile conditions. (Various themes overlap and interweave, so I don't necessarily mean to prioritize one form of it above the others.) That would seem to be the motive for the inscrutability.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Yes Jim that's what I was getting at.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:35 pm

The longer it goes, the more I think of Mars in Capricorn as animal. It's sublime expression is Pan. I think you will appreciate my saying that the essence of Mars in Capricorn is smelling a goat's crotch. It's very primal, musky, rutting. Free in a sense.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:05 pm

Goats goods.. haha 😂. Primal is definitely along the right lingo.

Please don't judge me but; Now that you said musty people often rave about my smell (it's gross but ok). I often smell like a light work out (kitchen work, being on stage, actually working out) and people tend to tell me they like the smell (and I mean strangers walking by in the halls). I have even had heterosexual males hang around me and even get cuddley because I smell like their dads...

Something about pheromones..

Either way there is something ancient, masculine, primal, raw and invigorating about Capricorn and while my angular Uranus and Eris I think really alter my Sun and Jupiter (literally being opposite signs rulers!) Mars here doesn't have any true opposition. I think Eris made this click (and I can totally see how Uranus energy over powering my sun/leo energy and Eris+pluto disrupting my moon/sagittarius energy both flowing into Capricorns Autonomy). I'm an outgoing introvert.
Last edited by Soft Alpaca on Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:08 pm

Also I in general like word play like.

"Capricorn's Crotch"... cantankerously corroded...

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:00 pm

Jim it's very easy to see Eris playing into my capricorn energy (why is this?).
For example I'm the kind of guy who would go to jail for something like arson. . I like driving, fast- wild. Chaos is exhausting (dare I day hot:dangerous)but like fire it's exhilarating (like sex)..