Moon in Cancer sign project

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Moon in Cancer sign project

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Welcome to the Moon in Cancer discussions project, which will run July 16 - August 16, 2018 (and then will remain around in case people want to revisit it in the future). Please gather your list of Moon in Cancer people (especially those you know personally) and join us.

Here are Moon in Cancer interpretive resources on the forum:
Primary section: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34#p145
Cyril Fagan: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f ... p=636#p656
Garth Allen: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33#p133
Manilius: http://www.solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=121#p741

My current concise summary of Moon in Cancer (always subject to change) reads:
Strongly driven by feelings (close to surface, comfortably expressed; sometimes overwhelm). When feeling safe: tender, gentle, humane, openly sensitive; otherwise moody, cocky arrogance. Expressive actor, yet treasures privacy. Magnetic, draws affection, warm, generous, hospitable. Sympathetic listening; trusted. Exudes optimism, confidence. Better serving than leading. Thrives within imagination & fantasy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Moon in Cancer sign project

Post by Veronica » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:48 pm

ASCENDING:
When rouling Cancer riseth veild in Clouds,
I'th' Skies as deeply hid as in the Floods,
The Moon resembling when depriv'd of Light;
The Births are Blind, and wish in vain for sight:
By Fates a Verse condem'd to Double Death,
Dead whilst Alive, and Buryed whilst they breath.
My father, who I grew up thinking was a cancer, is a Gemini Sun. I recall when reading about cancers how he seemed to fit, almost but not quite.
I haven't looked at his chart in years, but today when I read this, I was like OMG that's my dad, and sure enough I looked and he was a cancer rising baby.

I was really struck by the fact that at 19/20ish years old he was drafted for Korea and in a horrible accident in boot camp which killed most everybody else from my understanding. He was blown up by a land mine, and if he wasn't right on top of the darn thing he would have died as well. the result of the accident left him blind for over two years, and during which that time he was subjected to torturous treatment by the Army, he underwent a lot of weird sensory deprivation experiments, and assaults to his body. I don't recall his story telling of it so well, it was one of those things that he raged about doped up and drunk, so I really pushed it out mostly.

with his mercury conjunct the asc he is a super smart man, educated and lets you know what he knows, but with his Saturn in opposition its like crappy ego stuff, hes just saying it to make himself feel good and smart and better then everyone and not to genuinely help you in any way.

hmmmmm…..explains how he told me he would rent to me, but had not intention because having to take me in means he would have to tell his friends what was going on, and that would bring him embarrassment and shame because it would reflect that he didn't raise his kids strong enough to do live on their own. Cancer do not like to be embarrassed. Not one bit, but they do have this attitude where they do not care if their actions embarrass others, if fact if they know it embarrass you, they may do it twice as much, at least dad would.

and now I see that this was just about moon in cancer, which I am advoiding at the moment.....delete or move if you would like, sorry.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:09 am

I only know and love one cancer moon, and as I read those qualities my heart gets softer and softer for him, because they all fit him very much to a T.

it is these characteristics that I feel are such a strong part of his true nature, but becaseu of the System he did create for himself( his self employment self made man, very very hard working against the norms or society), he is not able to express in all its beautiful ways, but that I noticed and loved the most about him. yet even in those ways that he makes his money in this system I can see the nurturing caring loving deep part of him.

this is the one that was hard for me to read though

"Often loses good friends from SUSPICIOUS NATURE."

since I have know him as a teen and the people in our town, I will say that he has had the opportunity to bond and relate with some really kind and sincere people, but becasue of lifestyle choices and patterns of inner behaviors, has let these potential relationships slip away, or they have slipped away because of his extremely overbearing suspicious nature, whihc at time borders on paranoia. becasue he can see motives and intent and transparency of people, when someone genuines comes along and gets him in his heart, he doesnt believe them.

this poem is an excellent character definintion of him.

But glowing Cancer (where the Summer Sun
With fiery Chariots bounds the Torrid Zone,
Drives fiercely up, then with a bending Rein
Sinks down, and runs the lower Rounds again.)
As close in's Shell he lies, affords his Aid
To greedy Merchants, and inclines to Trade;
His Births shall sail, through Seas and Dangers tost
To reap the Riches of a Foreign Coast.
What thrifty Nature hath but thinly sown
In Many Countries, they shall bring to One;
Intent on gain ne're heed the Poors Complaint
But thrive on Scarcity, and live on Want;
For Wealth undaunted gather every Wind,
Out-sail good Fame, and leave Repute behind,
And when their greedy Hands have seiz'd tjhe Store
Of this, search other Worlds, and seek for more.
Complaining at the slowness of the Years,
With swifter Suns, and set too vast a rate
On Time it self, to raise a quick Estate;
Their Bodies shall be Strong, inur'd to Pain,
Their Wits Contriving, and intent on gain.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:32 pm

I have reworked the primary Moon in Cancer page.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com