Sun in Aquarius

Q&A and discussion on the meanings of the Zodiacal Constellations, sign-meanings, etc.
James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Sun in Aquarius

Post by James Condor » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:12 pm

I didn’t see Sun in Aquarius?!
Sun in Aquarius has moral conviction?

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Sun in Aquarius

Post by Veronica » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:36 am

Surprise!!
Its in there....

Did you think that because of the Uranus connection there wouldnt be any?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:49 am

It's here:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=157

You didn't find it in the Unvetted area because I've vetted those notes and returned it to the main Constellations - Discussion section (where I now move this thread also.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:52 am

James Condor wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:12 pm
Sun in Aquarius has moral conviction?
What do you mean by that? I'm not doubting it (because I'm not sure what you mean).

A lot of people (ironically, many would be Sagittarians) would think the opposite is true of Sun in Aquarius because so many of them take strong stands against conventional morality and are flagrant foes of it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:21 pm

Most Aquarians I know are deeply compassionate, and care more about humanity than most. Which, as Jim pointed out, can seem pretty chaotically rebellious to Social Institutions.

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:20 am

Hmm. I suppose the natal I’m thinking of is like a universal moral instinct. Like they easily recognize the right thing to do and it isn’t biased. I don’t know exactly.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:14 am

One scene from a movie touched me deeply when I first saw it. I had at the time no real understanding of Buddism or reincarnation.
It was from the movie 7 Years in Tibet.
The scene was about constructing a movie theater and the fact that is was taking so long because the Priests had to move all the worms from the dirt so they wouldnt be hurt.

I have never doubted a worms right to exist. As a child watching my town turn from rural farms to clearcut strip malls I would cry for all the nonhuman beings that lost their homes for human progress. As a teen I would sabotage construction sites trying to save the trees.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:26 am

James Condor wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:20 am
Hmm. I suppose the natal I’m thinking of is like a universal moral instinct. Like they easily recognize the right thing to do and it isn’t biased. I don’t know exactly.
Still feeling my way through this one...

I think every sign-type (and every person) has its own instinct to "do right." However, there will be differences in such things as how much "doing right" matters to a person (or type) and where they look (the guide they use) to determine what "right" is.

I think that Aquarius (as a broad generalization, with lots of room for individual variation) is a sign that cares more than average about the importance of doing right. For instance, Aquarius has an instinct that all things are connected and fit together. This instinct informs their social views and is connected to altruism, "going the extra mile," etc.

I wonder if what you are seeing and describing as "a universal moral instinct" is this (and, again, this is a generalization with lots of room for individual variation): Where, say, Sagittarians (who also have a strong commitment to "doing what's right" - perhaps the strongest in the zodiac) basing "what's right" on external codes, social agreements, consensual ideas, etc., Aquarius is less inclined to rely on these things, considering them useful generalizations at best. Aquarius is more inclined to trust its own "truth sense" about what's right.

Everyone has this truth sense - some have honed it better than others, some rely on it more than others. Aquarius is one of the signs most likely to rely on it as their primary guide.

Is this the sort of thing you;re seeing?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Yeah Jim I think it’s what you’re saying

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by James Condor » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:53 pm

I think Aquarius balances out things. It’s like a wake up call after an eruption.