Discussion for Natal aspect interpretations - Outer Planets

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Discussion for Natal aspect interpretations - Outer Planets

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Great review, Thanks. I don't think it needs anything else to personalize it. I think simply the fact that you have this aspect, just like having any other aspect, makes it personal.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:16 pm

The previous interpretation for Uranus-Pluto said essentially that a disruptive quality was conferred onto any planet they aspected at once, and I'm wondering if this is only true if the aspect is formed with luminaries? I don't have a hard aspect between the two but a partile sextile, and I'm wondering if they modify my Mercury in any novel way by modifying one another and, if they do do something, if the effect they produce is dissimilar to what they cause when aspecting the lights

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:32 pm

sotonye wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:16 pm
The previous interpretation for Uranus-Pluto said essentially that a disruptive quality was conferred onto any planet they aspected at once, and I'm wondering if this is only true if the aspect is formed with luminaries?
No, it would be true of anything. That's still a correct interpretation, BTW - just not an interpretation of the Uranus-Pluto aspect itself but, rather, of the combination's relationship to something else.
I don't have a hard aspect between the two but a partile sextile, and I'm wondering if they modify my Mercury in any novel way by modifying one another and, if they do do something, if the effect they produce is dissimilar to what they cause when aspecting the lights
Well, sure, because it affects the workings of your mind, the processes of your intellect, and your style of communication, all of which are "radicalized" in some way.

I would interpret Pluto opposite your Mercury as: Thinking is individual, unusual, outlier, perhaps branching to bizarre, little-explored topics. Investigative, seeks primal (seed) causes, thinks deeply about things. Mind may skirt the cliff-edge of normalcy (may slip off): acute enthusiasm, possible burnout. Extremely excitable, especially about inquiries and discoveries. Impatient (irritable in the face of obstacles; tolerates frustration poorly). Instinct for abstract mathematics (manifests in composers, chess players, physicists).

I would interpret Uranus trine your Mercury as: Independent thinker. Curious & investigative. Mind unfettered by formality solves problems & integrates data more intuitively. Rejects linearity; lacks rigor. Diverse interests, often unusual. Speech is engaging, usually has something interesting to say. Challenges convention or authority, speaks despite consequences. Gentle rebellious behavior. Socially odd.

As you can see, these have significant overlap.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Regarding Steve's Saturn-Pluto conjunction, and his reflective query on what might personalize it to him, I wrote (on the way home, quick answer):
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:32 pm
I don't think it needs anything else to personalize it. I think simply the fact that you have this aspect, just like having any other aspect, makes it personal.
I should add: The fact that I don't think it requires anything else doesn't mean it doesn't have something else. They aren't heavily aspected, but both sextile Mercury (with Mercury-Pluto very close).

There is another trick that I'm sure will interest you, Steve, since you're on a revival surge concerning midpoints: When the aspect isn't close enough for both planets to occupy the same midpoints, look at their midpoint for the answer. Your Saturn/Pluto is 22°08' Cancer. There aren't any other midpoints or planets at that spot until we drop to the 45° level, when we find... your Venus at 7°27' Virgo, 0°19' from that midpoint axis, plus your Moon/Mars at 7°36' Virgo.

So you get the pattern: Sa/Pl = Ve = Mo/Ma as an interpretation (modification, explanation) of your Saturn-Pluto conjunction.

That's not as good an example as one sometimes finds, so let's do another: What do we make of your somewhat wide Jupiter-Saturn square (5°40')? They are too wide to share any aspects. Their midpoint is 11°53' Virgo (i.e., they average 26°53' Rim), so they are interpreted by the following important contacts to the midpoint:

Sun/Mercury (11°30' Vir)
Venus/Neptune (11°44' Vir)
to which we can add the lesser contact to Mercury/Uranus (26°08' Cancer)

I'm betting that Su/Me, Su/Ur, and Ve/Ne describe how your wide Jupiter-Saturn has worked through your life.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Jim wrote:
So you get the pattern: Sa/Pl = Ve = Mo/Ma as an interpretation (modification, explanation) of your Saturn-Pluto conjunction.
Excellent observation Jim. This picture of midpoints certainly help describe more details about the planetary symbolism associated with my life experiences with my Saturn-Pluto cnj, particularly with an acute focus with my father. I was trying to love (Venus) him as a father and in his own way he was trying to love me as a son, but his alcoholism kept getting in the way with emotional anger (Moon-Mars) expressed constantly, making the relationship impossible. Also defines my experience of Saturn-Pluto with the separation/divorce with my father and mother who were constantly arguing all the time. Thanks Jim.