Venus-Pluto aspects

Q&A and discussion on Aspects.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Venus-Pluto aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 06, 2023 4:48 pm

Dec 19, 2012
Freya wrote:I read in Bowser's book that Venus-Pluto aspects make a person overly interested in sex (or completely uninterested) to the point of being pathological for some. As this is not mentioned in the notes on this site, has anyone found Bowser's description to be true? I do not have this aspect so I cannot see its effects on myself. If someone on this forum has observed this aspect I would be grateful for their opinion of its effects in that specific area.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Venus-Pluto aspects

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 06, 2023 4:48 pm

Freya wrote:I read in Bowser's book that Venus-Pluto aspects make a person overly interested in sex (or completely uninterested) to the point of being pathological for some. As this is not mentioned in the notes on this site, has anyone found Bowser's description to be true?
Yes (though the pathological extreme would be rare). I see that I could probably write the Venus-Pluto section a little better. (My own closest aspect is a 13' Venus-Pluto square, in the immediate background of my natal but exactly on the angles at my locale.)

Pluto is "all or nothing." Venus-Pluto is "all or nothing" about sex. One characteristic is requiring extreme intensity - falling "all the way" in love for even a brief encounter (but only for the duration of the encounter). If an encounter doesn't have the liklihood of that intensity, then Venus-Pluto is "why bother." Sexual intensity is quite characteristic.

And yet, Venus-Pluto is also the most common aspect in my collection of people who choose celibacy. This was nearly always the trine or sextile instead of the hard aspects, but either group has the potential to go to either extreme. (A trine or sextile into another hard aspect will behave like a hard aspect.)

Pluto indicates the need to be free or arbitrary constraint. When aspecting Venus, the individual just doesn't have the same considerations about sex that society in general holds. Accordingly, Pluto strikes his or her own path through these issues rather independent of what anyone else expects - either with activity or voluntary inactivity.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 06, 2023 4:49 pm

Venus_Daily wrote:I had Pluto square My Venus, it's exactly as Jim describes, emotionally intense! Shake up, all or nothing.
I went through pr Ve conjoining radical Plu, It was exactly partile when tr. Ve went stationary square over Rad. Pluto(foreground in an SLR), talk about synchronocity, it's horrible when you're in a relationship, the transiting stationary happened exactly on the day I found out he was cheating.
Let's just say they were both lucky they were not in the same city as I.
I was really thinking about doing something bad.
Even though it was horrible, I still long for that emotional intensity, I know I must sound crazy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 06, 2023 4:50 pm

Sirius Lee wrote:
Venus_Daily wrote:Even though it was horrible, I still long for that emotional intensity, I know I must sound crazy.
Not crazy at all, Venus. The emotional highs and lows can be quite addicting. Like a stomach-churning rollercoaster ride you never want to get off of. :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat May 06, 2023 4:50 pm

SteveS wrote:Venus wrote:
I had Pluto square My Venus, it's exactly as Jim describes, emotionally intense!
Yes, I totally agree with Jim’s description ‘emotionally intense’, pertaining to any matter of life, depending on one’s age and immediate environment.

Bradley says applying to Return Charts with Venus-Pluto angular:
These configurations precipitate climaxes in the emotional life, such as the arrival at a point where a show-down with friends or a romantic partner is called for. Precedents are invariably established in the social life. In the very young, Venus-Pluto often indicates the first erotic experimentation. If Mars-Uranus are prominent in the return chart of young women, with Venus-Pluto to the fore, an initiation into the “facts of life” may be more literal than a mere parental sermon would allow. Several astrologers have reported a prominence of Pluto in such events as the first marriage, the first child, the first freedom of a sibling realizes “out on their own,” and the like.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com