Gov. Gavin Newsom recall election

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Gov. Gavin Newsom recall election

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:23 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:55 am
Newsom -300
Elder + 300
others + 1200 or more.
Elder has come under a lot of negative scrutiny, so his chances are understandably down. I'm surprised Newsom's being given odds that good.

The vote is not only important for California directly - it could have national impact in various ways. For example, I just realized this week that the U.S. Senate at an exact 50-50 split, our senior California Senator is 88 years old, and the Governor appoints a replacement if a Senator dies or otherwise becomes unable to serve. If Newsom loses and is replaced by a Republican and then Feinstein dies, Dems lose control of the Senate, Biden;'s agenda is sabotaged, and it makes them even more vulnerable in the mid-terms.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:53 am

Jim wrote:
Biden;'s agenda is sabotaged, and it makes them even more vulnerable in the mid-terms.
Good observations combined with Biden's next SSR.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:39 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:53 am
Jim wrote:
Biden;'s agenda is sabotaged, and it makes them even more vulnerable in the mid-terms.
Good observations combined with Biden's next SSR.
Thanks. - Now look at his 2022 SSR for right after the midterms. It's mixed and complicated. Presuming he is still with us, it's great to first see Jupiter at Midheaven, comfortably close 4°27' away. But also foreground (the same distance on the other side) is Neptune, which is 0°23' square Mars! There is much that is positive AND there is toxic treachery.

Sun doesn't look angular but a glance the azimuth column shows that it is 271°57' - just 1°57' past Vertex. This tells me that if Sun is forming a PVP aspect, it is to a planet just past an angle - Neptune, which is past MC, rather than Jupiter, which is before the MC. Checking Neptune's azimuth, I see it is 183°26', i.e., Sun squares Neptune in azimuth 1°29' - right on the angles. (Natal Neptune is the only foreground natal aspect).

Therefore, this is one more major chart in a series of charts that look terrible for his health. What impresses me, though, is his endurance: He's like fellow Scorpio Churchill, seeming to endure through anything and everything needed. If circumstances haven't killed him by November 2022, he comes out of the midterms with toxic danger - whether physically, psychologically, or politically - but, also, things aren't entirely bad. He probably didn't do as poorly as expected. (But I don't like that Mars-Neptune of course. For that matter, it's exactly on my Moon, so that won't be one of my best weeks either.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:12 pm

What date are the midterms in 2022?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:01 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:12 pm
What date are the midterms in 2022?
November 8; therefore, 0:00 EST November 9 is the best time to zero in on.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:10 am

US POLITICS - Sep 10
CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR ELECTIONS 2021 - ODDS TO WIN
WAGER CUTOFF: 09/10/2021 23:00:01
(ALL BETS ACTION)
GAVIN NEWSOM-850
LARRY ELDER+350
KEVIN PAFFRATH+800
JOHN COX+1600
KEVIN FAULCONER+1600
CAITLYN JENNER+3000
RICHARD GRENELL+4000
DOUG OSE+4000
ELENI KOUNALAKIS+4000
KEVIN KILEY+4000

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:50 am

For the first time in many weeks, a significant poll released today show Newsom likely to prevail.

60% of likely voters are against the recall.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 am

The odds makers certainly agree with the polls Jim, Gavin a -900 to win.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 am
The odds makers certainly agree with the polls Jim, Gavin a -900 to win.
If the polls and the bookies are correct, I wonder what all the contrary astrological indicators are about. His transits alone suggest that, at best, he's humiliated. And here's the Liblunar for Sacramento (that I said above has a "Out with the bum!" tone):

Mercury on MC 2°32'
Mars & Neptune more widely angular
-- Mercury-Saturn sq. 3°00' PVP
Moon-Pluto sq. 0°33'
Moon-Venus co. 3°52'

In particular, notice:

26°52' Aqu - Neptune
29°01' Sco - Asc
29°16' Sco - Ma/Ne
1°40' Vir - Mars

Of course, this could just be a lot more fires. And would could argue that the worst features (the individual malefic planets) are not, themselves, that close to the angle. (Saturn is 0°33' from Antivertex in azimuth, but the research shows that this doesn't work in the way of "angular Saturn," it just allows the Mercury-Saturn mundane aspect.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:17 am

Jim wrote:
If the polls and the bookies are correct, I wonder what all the contrary astrological indicators are about.
Indeed Jim, the polls and bookies are a huge contradiction to the astrological indicators for Gavin. To help determine with more probability if this election is going to result in a possible major upset with Elder winning, we would need to look at Elder’s AA Natal. The last time I saw a – 900 favored candidate upset in a major election was Hillary vs Trump.

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:50 am

The Newsome recall politically bears similarity to Trump vs. Hilary: many people are sick to death of the increasingly left-leaning, soak-the-rich, nanny state, identity politics driven Democratic party. Not to say that the increasingly right-leaning, uber-capitalist, freedom to do any stupid thing you want even if it kills other people, white nationalist driven Republican party is any better. But people are grasping at straws. The reality is we are sick of the American Demopublican duopoly political system, but mostly feel compelled to chose what we perceive as the lesser of two evils at the moment. (IMHO that explains both Trump 2016 and Biden 2020.) Truth be told, I have never in my life had the opportunity to vote for the greater of two goods in a presidential election, since the last such election was 1956 Eisenhower vs. Stevenson, and fetuses can't vote.
Time matters

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:10 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:34 am
If the polls and the bookies are correct, I wonder what all the contrary astrological indicators are about. His transits alone suggest that, at best, he's humiliated. And here's the Liblunar for Sacramento (that I said above has a "Out with the bum!" tone):
Elder is already claiming the election is rigged and the proof will be Newsom winning. What are the recount laws in CA and can they be suborned to embarrass and anger Newsom?

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:00 pm

I don't know the details of current California election law, but in the 80's and 90's I was a poll worker and learned a bit. Florida's 2000 hanging chad fiasco could not have happened here. In California, the chads are rectangular and the law is quite clear that if at least three of the four corners of the chad are disconnected from the ballot, the vote counts, and if fewer, the vote does not. Florida practice left too much much room for human (very possibly biased) judgment or error.

Odds are there will be no basis for any serious challenge to the results, but doubtless the Republicans will make one anyway, unless of course they win. Then I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the Democrats challenged.
Time matters

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:44 am

mikestar wrote:
The reality is we are sick of the American Demopublican duopoly political system, but mostly feel compelled to chose what we perceive as the lesser of two evils at the moment.
Exactly my sentiment mike, and your full paragraph containing your above words is well stated.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:36 pm

It appears, from reporting on MSNBC and CNN that Larry Elder's website is claiming the recall election was fixed, and calling for a recount and a bunch of other stuff.

Except the recall election isn't till tomorrow.

So I guess his team has decided he's going to lose and has gotten ready to challenge it.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:54 am

Unless this recall election turns out to be really close, the political media hype has been “Much to do about Nothing”—as most political media hype is—Much to do about Nothing. Now, if Gavin happens to lose-- then this is indeed Big News. The odds makers give little chance Gavin loses this recall election with Gavin favored 9-1. IMO, if Gavin wins in a close election, his malefic astrological symbolism still manifests, for he knows he has lost much favor with a-lot of the Dem voters from a huge majority Blue State, and he probably knows his political career (future) is bleak (over).

AFAIC, political governments don’t actually serve the voting people of the land except for voter’s ideologies, but all political opponents’ vs an incumbents tell the voting people the incumbent is not serving the people. But in the end-- its most all politicians stuffing their pockets with $, and the hard working majority of voting public regardless of party affiliates are constantly struggling to make economic ends meet. IMO, it’s the biggest sham/scam ever invented. Mostly what I see are politicians serving big corporations and very big donor interest. There are exceptions but not enough imo.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:23 am

Steve, if this recall election is close, it doesn't mean he has outright lost favor with Dems, it means the Dems are complacent. His popularity and approval remains gigantic, but there is concern Dems won't bother to come out and vote because it seems such a sure thing.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:51 am

Jim's right. Newsom had a 70% approval rating before the 2nd wave of Covid (as if he could control the virus or the fools who won't get vaccinated) after winning the office in a landslide. The Trumpists and Republicans thought nobody but them would come out and vote, and they would win, and the Democrats were thinking if they kept quiet, nobody would vote at all.

Somebody got a clue, and he started asking for help, and he got it. Biden was there yesterday.

If he loses, the Trumpists will be buoyed up. If he wins, the Trumpists have already started claiming the recall was rigged and talking about the "fourth box" in an effort to get some crazy boy to shoot him.

(There are "four boxes" of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo according to Right-Wing philosophy.)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:51 am
If he wins, the Trumpists have already started claiming the recall was rigged and talking about the "fourth box" in an effort to get some crazy boy to shoot him.
Larry Elder's people got caught last night: His campaign web site had a new passionate article claiming the election was rigged and demanding an immediate recount!

The thing is: The voting is today. Somebody just posted the article a day early by mistake. (Oops!)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Newsom won with about 2/3 of the vote.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Landslide.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 pm

It's been a money-time-energy investment of all Californians (and naturally, affects not only this single state, but everyone in the world) into a self-promotion of a TV-businessman person. What horror to behold!

I am so glad people did show up and gave a clear statement that this is no pasaran !
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 pm

No way to challenge this one: it's a landslide. Many people at exit polls indicated that they were voting against Trumpism rather for Newsom. That doesn't bode well for his popularity in 2022. Gavin is going to enjoy this victory, but he'd be best advised to step a bit more carefully than he has in the past. He might lose in 2022 to a moderate, non-Trumpist Republican or even to a more moderate Democrat. One terrible misstep his administration made with regard to the COVID lockdown was at one point demanding churches stay closed while bars were allowed to open. Many religious Californians found that deeply offensive (myself included). Tell me: who is more likely to practice masking and social distancing: worshipers or drunks? I don't know if Newsom made that decision himself or someone lower down: but in California, the buck stops on Gavin's desk.
Time matters

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 pm

A moderate non-Trumpist Republican is unlikely to get through the primary process, as shown by this recall election. Larry Elder was the leading Republican candidate.

The moderate Democrats had no chance, but they might be able to challenge Newsom in the primary process. But it will be a Trumpist Republican challenging the Democrat in the election next year.

I think there are more tavern attenders than church attenders. There are here and religion is a pretty big thing here. I think church goers are already mostly voters, while I'm not so sure about barflies so that may be an untapped area to accquire new voters.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 am

Just as I suspected, all the media hype was "Much to do about Nothing", but kept their voter viewers interested for the ratings and add fees. This election broke like the 2020 Prez election results in Ca. What a waste of time and so much campaign money! I suspect both candidates pocketed large sums of money from campaign contributions, and we know all the media outlets added large sums of money to their bank accounts. I despise most all politicians, but love analyzing their AA astrological charts for major elections with my recreational gambling. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:02 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:37 pm
A moderate non-Trumpist Republican is unlikely to get through the primary process, as shown by this recall election... The moderate Democrats had no chance, but they might be able to challenge Newsom in the primary process. But it will be a Trumpist Republican challenging the Democrat in the election next year.
California has nonpartisan primaries: No separate primaries (for state office) per party, but a pool of candidates, independent of party, with the two getting the most votes being the contestants on election day. It would be possible for two Democrats or two Republicans to compete against each other (as has happened in a small number of races), or other mixes including candidates from other parties - provided they can win enough votes to be one of the two top vote-getters in the primary.

This being so, I've wondered why we don't see more moderate candidates. Extreme left vs. extreme right happens in partisan primaries for obvious reason. But, in a non-partisan primary one might look for different outcomes. I've long wondered why the California Republican Party doesn't pick moderate Republican candidates that are more likely to win in left-leaning California. It seems to me that competent center-right candidates would stand an excellent chance of winning. Meg Whitman was a good example and, had she been a man, might well have won. As it was, she got 41% of the vote against Jerry Brown, the single most successful gubernatorial candidate in California history.

I detest our senior senator, Dianne Feinstein. As a lifelong Democrat who votes on the candidate instead of the party, but nearly always ends up picking a Democrat, I decided in 2004 I would never vote for her again (even though I know she is likely to win anytime she's on a ballot). When I made that commitment, I assumed I'd vote for her Republican opponent, but her Republican opponents have been such foul right extremists that I couldn't stomach voting for them. Instead, I simply didn't vote for Senator in 2010 and 2016. (Atypical for me.)

My point is that there is an opportunity here for Republicans in the mold of California's last two U.S. Presidents - Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon - to effectively compete against Democrats. Surely the party heads know this, so I'm left to conclude that ideology (surprisingly) prevails over even party. State Republican voters could also vote for a moderate Democrat in the primaries as another promising strategy to get government more to their liking, setting a moderate Dem against a far-left Dem in a state where Dem voters tend to carry the day - creating a much different dynamic.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:50 am
I suspect both candidates pocketed large sums of money from campaign contributions, and we know all the media outlets added large sums of money to their bank accounts.
Well not their personal bank accounts. But they certainly have a good start on fundraising for the 2022 gubernatorial campaign :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:50 am

Jim wrote:
But they certainly have a good start on fundraising for the 2022 gubernatorial campaign :)
You think Gavin will win 2022 Governor?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:10 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:50 am
Jim wrote:
But they certainly have a good start on fundraising for the 2022 gubernatorial campaign :)
You think Gavin will win 2022 Governor?
Unless something bizarre comes up between now and then - yes, easily. (I haven't looked at the astrology of it.)

Looking now, though... his upcoming SSR has Saturn stationary exactly on Descendant with Pluto more widely on WP. That's a tough chart and may be the "something bizarre" with which I just conditioned my statement. If he survives through October 10, 2022, then his next SSR (before the election) has an exact Moon-Pluto square (08') on angles. While conventional wisdom says he's an easy win, these SSRs don't agree. He should spend his upcoming birthday in Cheyenne, WY to get the same Jupiter-Uranus angular that I have the same day in Memphis - and by all means avoid San Francisco.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:10 am

Jim wrote:
Unless something bizarre comes up between now and then - yes, easily. (I haven't looked at the astrology of it.)
Jim, I am beginning to think this re-call election itself was the primary manifestation of his malefic symbolism discussed in this thread. Do you agree?
Jim wrote:
He should spend his upcoming birthday in Cheyenne, WY to get the same Jupiter-Uranus angular that I have the same day in Memphis - and by all means avoid San Francisco.
Indeed! If they only knew/understood what we Sidereal Astrologers understand about the importance of certain SSR's.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:22 am

In my Solar & Lunar Returns class presentations https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4710 for Class 4 on location of a return chart I give examples of Obama vs. Romney and Trump vs. Clinton to show... it's all about location (meaning, where you happen to be when it sets up).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:29 am

Jim wrote:
In my Solar & Lunar Returns class presentations https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4710 for Class 4 on location of a return chart I give examples of Obama vs. Romney and Trump vs. Clinton to show... it's all about location (meaning, where you happen to be when it sets up).
When I first understood the importance of solunar charts-- was the first time I truly understood the old saying: "Being in the right place at the right time or Being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

BTW, do you know who started the recall petition?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:34 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:29 am
BTW, do you know who started the recall petition?
No, I never paid attention. There are so many of them - sometimes more than one a year, and they just fall by the wayside. This one would never have gotten enough signatures except a judge ordered more time for signature-gathering because of Covid.

This article doesn't even bother to mention who started it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Cali ... l_petition
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 am

Reading your Wikipedia link, I think because Covid extended the time for petition signatures created an abnormal situation where Gavin was recalled fitting the time frame for his malefic cycles. I could see where all the negative stuff that was highlighted in this election against him could damage his Primary run for governor vs another Dem, but only time knows for sure.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:05 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:47 am
I could see where all the negative stuff that was highlighted in this election against him could damage his Primary run for governor vs another Dem, but only time knows for sure.
Remember, though: California has non-partisan primaries. He only has to be one of the TWO people to get the most votes. For example, even if another Dem gave him a hard run in the primary and even beat him in the primary, as long as Newsom at least came in second, the election would then be between Newsom and the other Dem.

He'll have a rough year if he has his SSR in Sacramento or the Bay Area. Still, unless something gigantic really takes him out of any consideration at all, he would surely come in at least first or second in the primary.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:36 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:02 am
I've long wondered why the California Republican Party doesn't pick moderate Republican candidates that are more likely to win in left-leaning California. It seems to me that competent center-right candidates would stand an excellent chance of winning.
Candidates at the extremes raise more money that moderates. More money for themselves and more for their party. They get more volunteers. And people are more likely to bother to vote so the turnout goes up.

Newsom would have lost had the Democrats not gotten the Democratic turnout up. Larry Elder helped because he got people to come vote against him who otherwise wouldn't have bothered digging out that ballot.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am

So, if I understand, there never would have been a recall vote if it had not been for Covid.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:44 am

That's likely Steve.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:47 am

Correct. There is a time-limit to collect signatures. In that time limit, they hadn't gathered enough signatures. A judge agreed that Covid made it harder for them to meet the deadline, so gave them more time.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am
So, if I understand, there never would have been a recall vote if it had not been for Covid.
IMHO, absent COVID, no one would have seriously tried to recall him. (There are frivolous lunatic fringe recall attempts against every governor -- but they never get within a country mile of the ballot.) Though Newsom was deeply disliked by the hard right, he gave then no possible grounds until he started ruling by executive order during the pandemic (rather than asking the Legislature for emergency legislation or at least seeking legislative approval after the fact).
Time matters

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am

Mike wrote:
Though Newsom was deeply disliked by the hard right, he gave then no possible grounds until he started ruling by executive order during the pandemic (rather than asking the Legislature for emergency legislation or at least seeking legislative approval after the fact).
Thanks Mike. Was the Judge who granted extra time because of Covid from the right?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 am

mikestar13 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am
IMHO, absent COVID, no one would have seriously tried to recall him... Though Newsom was deeply disliked by the hard right, he gave then no possible grounds until he started ruling by executive order during the pandemic (rather than asking the Legislature for emergency legislation or at least seeking legislative approval after the fact).
IIRC correctly, none of the grievances in the original petition had anything to do with the pandemic. Consulting the Wikipedia summary I linked above, the issues were sanctuary policies, homelessness, taxes, and water rationing.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:46 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:13 am
Was the Judge who granted extra time because of Covid from the right?
Sacramento County Superior Court Judge James Arguelles issued the order. I think that's an elected office - with no party listed on the ballot. However, Trump nominated him for a U.S. district court appointment (which expired in the Senate), so he was likely a Republican or at least on a list of judges vetted and approved by right-leaning organizations.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:06 am

I don't see how anyone (right or left) in the right position of power could have thought a recall vote would succeed, not from a blue State like Ca. Therefore, I am left with the conclusion that all of these bizarre circumstances, mainly because of Covid, happened in order for Gavin to experience the malefic symbolism discussed in this thread. If something very nasty happens to Gavin later to fit these same malefic cycles, I may change my mind. I've had very bizarre circumstance happen in my life at times to fit my malefic symbolism. It seems at times the Universe doesn't care who or what caused the circumstances to happen for malefic cycles to fire off.

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:36 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 am
mikestar13 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:06 am
IMHO, absent COVID, no one would have seriously tried to recall him... Though Newsom was deeply disliked by the hard right, he gave then no possible grounds until he started ruling by executive order during the pandemic (rather than asking the Legislature for emergency legislation or at least seeking legislative approval after the fact).
IIRC correctly, none of the grievances in the original petition had anything to do with the pandemic. Consulting the Wikipedia summary I linked above, the issues were sanctuary policies, homelessness, taxes, and water rationing.
Yes, so the petition stated, but I know several Republican who were not convinced to vote for recall by the stated reasons but were convinced by the arguments I stated. Sometimes the deepest political currents are not explicit. The pro-recall forces might have gotten better numbers if they were more explicit (though I suspect they'd still lose).
Time matters