Scoliosis

Discussion of horoscopes of possible general interest.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Scoliosis

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:52 pm

In the August 1973 issue of American Astrology was a letter from a "Heartbroken Scorpio" whose 8-year-old daughter had developed an acute scoliosis and would have to wear a back brace 23 hours a day until two years after she finished growing. The mother wanted to know if the girl would perhaps develop faster than other children - in other words, the mother already wanted the whole thing over with!

Birth data: May 3, 1965, 3:45 AM CST, 30N55, 88W35. Chart is below.

This chart was important to me because it started to plant the seeds of what became my understanding of medical astrology. It became one of the early members of my collection of serious medical condition charts where the condition was most clearly shown by strong hard aspects in the background. Notice that there is an acute Mars-Saturn-Uranus-Pluto opposition in the background, with most of those planets square a background Moon. Leo-Aquarius (depending on which model you prefer) corresponds to the spine.

The editor (Bradley) BTW counselled that mother's best help to her daughter would be to stop being heartbroken and start making this just another feature of life. He (almost subtly), with an eye to that afflicted Moon, advised her not to make "troublesome mother" another burden the girl had to bear.

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

James Condor
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Scoliosis

Post by James Condor » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:03 am

The only person I've met having scoliosis is Capricorn sun, Gemini moon, Mercury, Uranus, and Pluto foreground.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Scoliosis

Post by Veronica » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Weird, I just reconnected with my only cousin who was close to me in age, and was a best friend for most of my early life.
She had acute Scoliosis as well, and gosh her mom seemed to have the same attitude! the poor thing had to wear braces and sleep with electrodes on her back for years to straighten her out.
I will ask her for her birth data again when I talk to her later. I did her chart years ago but I don't recall anything like this, but I wasn't looking at things in charts like that.