Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Post Reply
icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 am

:D I am a nubee here... request insights into my current as well as upcoming SR..one has my 8th natal rising in SR, and other super stellium in 12th house..scary :(

what i wanted to know primarily is how my career (actually there is nothing left of it :cry: ) will shape in these 2 years..

I was in banking sector earlier for decade, then no job since last 2 1/2 years ( may 2016 onwards till dec 2018), decided to switch line-as no takerd in banking- to travel and tourism industry --I am 48 :oops: currently working in a very small travel agency, not happy here, looking for a change. Difficult to adjust as the work culture, thought processes simply not matching(imagine, the agency is still on Microsoft Excel, for its accounting!!) My suggestions for improvements are not heard. I have already lost my enthusiasm here.I love travel, tourism industry. Its just that I am in wrong place. Is there any possibility of some progressive travel company hiring me, inspite of my age😟

thanks in advance
Last edited by icarus on Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 am

Icarus, welcome to Solunars.

We'd be happy to give a view on your Solar Return if you'd provide birth data (and current residence location).

The house information you cite will not be part of anything we take into consideration. From what youve given alone, there's no reason for it to be scary. Houses are of very little (and possible no) value in solar and lunar returns.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:39 am

Hi Icarus. I removed the three files you posted.
What is your birth data?
Please state
Name (Icarus is fine.)
Date of Birth (as Month spelled out, day, year)
Time of birth with Time zone and please note if it's something like Summer time
Name of Town and Country (not latitude and longitude)

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 am
Icarus, welcome to Solunars.

We'd be happy to give a view on your Solar Return if you'd provide birth data (and current residence location).

The house information you cite will not be part of anything we take into consideration. From what youve given alone, there's no reason for it to be scary. Houses are of very little (and possible no) value in solar and lunar returns.
thanks,

27-12-1970
11:15 am

new delhi

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm

icarus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 pm
27-12-1970
11:15 am
new delhi
December 27, 1970, 11:15 AM, New Delhi, India. Are you also still living in New Delhi? (And were you there on your birthday.)

I especially ask because your past and future Solar Return do not fit your description above, so there may have been a calculation error. For New Delhi, your December 27, 2018 Solar Return occurred at 6:45 PM IST with Sun in the middle of the 6th house (and is a rough year with Saturn on an angle), while the 2019 return will occur December 28 t 0:55 AM IST with Sun conjoined Jupiter (0°02') near IC, a most auspicious aspect. Both do have a strong Pluto influence, so there is a lot of rearrangement planned for your life if this is the right location.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm
icarus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 pm
27-12-1970
11:15 am
new delhi
December 27, 1970, 11:15 AM, New Delhi, India. Are you also still living in New Delhi? (And were you there on your birthday.)
no , currently since 2013 onwards I am living here

Kalyan, Mumbai, India

19.2049° N, 73.1072° E

thanks

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:48 pm

This year's solar return has some definite challenges. Next year's has some very positive promises.

In brief: The December 27, 2018 Sidereal Solar Return for Kalyan has Saturn 4° below Descendant, Pluto 6° above Descendant, and Sun on Westpoint. This stage of life where your Sun is angular for many years in a row puts a focus on solar things - identity, life-purpose, career, general direction, and a sense that you are more in chart of your destiny. However, the Saturn and Pluto suggest struggle, difficulties to overcome, and separations. Moon is opposite Neptune and square Mercury, suggestion uncertainty, perhaps confusion and disorientation, relying on wrong facts. The Saturn conjoins your natal Mercury, which is exactly angular. This is not a good Mercury year (for example, if you are in school this will be an unusually hard year, requiring great effort to perform well). The best use of such a year is to decide it's all about work - commit yourself to it.

Things improve significantly with your next birthday, December 28, 2019. Sun conjoin Jupiter within 0°02', less than 4° from IC. These are the only angular transiting planets in your solar return, and the aspect is quite positive. I was going to tell you (when I looked at the charts for Delhi) that the farther west you get in India, the better the chart looked. At Kalyan, it has shifted Saturn out of power and placed Sun-Jupiter closer.

Again, your Mercury is highlighted (also your Uranus), but this time Mercury is aspected by Sun-Jupiter, not by Saturn. Mercury matters go very well for the year.

There remains a strong Pluto influence: Moon conjoins Pluto 2°30'. (It also conjoins Saturn, but widely enough it will have little or no impact.) Moon-Pluto may still mean separations and, in any case, means the (likely positive) events are very high impact.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:06 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:48 pm
This year's solar return has some definite challenges. Next year's has some very positive promises.

In brief: The December 27, 2018 Sidereal Solar Return for Kalyan has Saturn 4° below Descendant, Pluto 6° above Descendant, and Sun on Westpoint. This stage of life where your Sun is angular for many years in a row puts a focus on solar things - identity, life-purpose, career, general direction, and a sense that you are more in chart of your destiny. However, the Saturn and Pluto suggest struggle, difficulties to overcome, and separations. Moon is opposite Neptune and square Mercury, suggestion uncertainty, perhaps confusion and disorientation, relying on wrong facts. The Saturn conjoins your natal Mercury, which is exactly angular. This is not a good Mercury year (for example, if you are in school this will be an unusually hard year, requiring great effort to perform well). The best use of such a year is to decide it's all about work - commit yourself to it.

Things improve significantly with your next birthday, December 28, 2019. Sun conjoin Jupiter within 0°02', less than 4° from IC. These are the only angular transiting planets in your solar return, and the aspect is quite positive. I was going to tell you (when I looked at the charts for Delhi) that the farther west you get in India, the better the chart looked. At Kalyan, it has shifted Saturn out of power and placed Sun-Jupiter closer.

Again, your Mercury is highlighted (also your Uranus), but this time Mercury is aspected by Sun-Jupiter, not by Saturn. Mercury matters go very well for the year.

There remains a strong Pluto influence: Moon conjoins Pluto 2°30'. (It also conjoins Saturn, but widely enough it will have little or no impact.) Moon-Pluto may still mean separations and, in any case, means the (likely positive) events are very high impact.

Thanks for ur elaborate revert.

However I am now confused as the SR chart of 2018-19 which i obrained from astrodienst shows Scorpio rising with venus, sun in 2nd house , moon in 10th housr and uranus in 6th house in a grand trine.Sat is in 3rd house.

and the next SR shows Aquarius rising with a major stellium in 12th capri.

request clarification ..

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm

I can't explain. They generally have correct calculations (they're known for it). Perhaps someone who actually uses their site can explain?
However I am now confused as the SR chart of 2018-19 which i obrained from astrodienst shows Scorpio rising with venus, sun in 2nd house , moon in 10th housr and uranus in 6th house in a grand trine.Sat is in 3rd house.
I just calculated yourTropical Solar Return for December 27, 2018, 3:07 AM IST, Kalya. It has Tropical Scorpio rising, Venus in the 1st house, Sun in the 2nd house near the 3rd cusp, Moon in 10th, etc. So, smehow you got a Tropical Solar Return. These don't work. (Besides, you're Indian. Sidereal is your birthright :) )
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

User avatar
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Icarus posted that he had figured it out, and had calculated it in the tropical zodiac, but it disappeared when I tried to approve it. I musta done something odd.

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:04 pm
I can't explain. They generally have correct calculations (they're known for it). Perhaps someone who actually uses their site can explain?
However I am now confused as the SR chart of 2018-19 which i obrained from astrodienst shows Scorpio rising with venus, sun in 2nd house , moon in 10th housr and uranus in 6th house in a grand trine.Sat is in 3rd house.
I just calculated yourTropical Solar Return for December 27, 2018, 3:07 AM IST, Kalya. It has Tropical Scorpio rising, Venus in the 1st house, Sun in the 2nd house near the 3rd cusp, Moon in 10th, etc. So, smehow you got a Tropical Solar Return. These don't work. (Besides, you're Indian. Sidereal is your birthright :) )
of course, :D
by the way which ayanamsha is being used , lahiri?
do u also consider planetary periods , mahadasha etc, in interpretation.

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:10 pm
Icarus posted that he had figured it out, and had calculated it in the tropical zodiac, but it disappeared when I tried to approve it. I musta done something odd.
transit mercury retrograde :)

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 am

icarus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:24 pm
by the way which ayanamsha is being used , lahiri?
Not Lahiri. That was abandoned about 1948 when two kinds of research showed it was about a degree off. Later work required another 0°05'06" adjustment to get the Synetic Vernal Point (which is commonly called the Fagan-Bradley or Fagan-Allen ayanamsa).
do u also consider planetary periods , mahadasha etc, in interpretation.
In general no, although there has been a fair bit of work with Vimshottari Dasa suggesting there may be something to it. Nonetheless, its results aren't as vivid or exact as those of solar and lunar returns.

This is not Hindu astrology. You can get a definition of accepted working principles of Sidereal astrology here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2259
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

icarus
Meteorite Member
Meteorite Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 am
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by icarus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:37 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:16 am
icarus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:24 pm
by the way which ayanamsha is being used , lahiri?
Not Lahiri. That was abandoned about 1948 when two kinds of research showed it was about a degree off. Later work required another 0°05'06" adjustment to get the Synetic Vernal Point (which is commonly called the Fagan-Bradley or Fagan-Allen ayanamsa).
do u also consider planetary periods , mahadasha etc, in interpretation.
In general no, although there has been a fair bit of work with Vimshottari Dasa suggesting there may be something to it. Nonetheless, its results aren't as vivid or exact as those of solar and lunar returns.

This is not Hindu astrology. You can get a definition of accepted working principles of Sidereal astrology here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2259
Oh in that case i would love to have insight into my birth chart, specially observations on why i had to leave banking career and switch to travel and tourism industry at this stage of life.
where should i post the request

thanks

User avatar
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Posts: 7919
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:40 pm
Gender:

Re: Namaste everyone...SR 2018-19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:22 am

There is a forum for duscussing your own horoscope. Thatcwould be perfect. Thanks for asking.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest