Natal angularity

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Parto
Luminary Member
Luminary Member
Natal angularity

Post by Parto » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:01 pm

Is having a natal planet angular in a Solunar Return kinda like having that planet natally angular for the duration of that year/month?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Natal angularity

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Pretty much, yes.

A couple of modifications come from aspects:

First, any transits it receives from a foreground planet usually makes the angularity more about the transiting aspect than the planet itself. For example, my having natal Mercury-Saturn angular is one thing; having them square a foreground transiting Jupiter makes it more about the Jupiter transit to Mercury-Saturn.

Second, because the wheel is rotated, sometimes you will have new natal mundane aspects - new aspects in your birth chart temporarily. For example, in LA my Jupiter-Uranus rises exactly as my Sun crosses IC, so when the return chart lands at roughly that rotation I have natal Sun square Jupiter-Uranus - aspects I don't have in my birth chart normally.

But your basic answer is: Yes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16 am

Parto wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:01 pm
Is having a natal planet angular in a Solunar Return kinda like having that planet natally angular for the duration of that year/month?
I would formulate it:

It becomes easily expressible, and this: in the context of the particular Return chart (which has own tr angularity, and other specifics, like the tr to nat aspects, etc).
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Parto
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by Parto » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:30 pm

Thank you both.