Discussion of Jupiter-Neptune aspects

General Discussion on Solar & Lunar Returns matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Discussion of Jupiter-Neptune aspects

Post by Arena » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:26 am

Jim, have you found the manifestation of a Jupiter-Neptune aspect in a solunar return to always be about trickery/cheating/lies ... or have you found it to be variations of something else like f.ex. "dream come true".
I have two upcoming months of SLRs with Jup-Uranus on angles ... but then in Dec I have Jupiter on ASC aspected by trine to Neptune(not foreground).

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Discussion of Jupiter-Neptune aspects

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm

Well, phoo. That didn't go well.

I've been waiting for a chance to try out the split topic function.

I did.

Sorry guys, that went in the tipper. Don't count on stuff getting 'moved' around.

The basics discussed here were Jupiter in aspect to Neptune means money for nothing, but which planet is closest to an angle, or if it's the Jupiter-Neptune aspect itself that's closest, is also important. However trines and sextiles have not shown themselves to be useful in Solunars in Jim's experience.

One thing I can add here, is I know of someone who was brought up on charges of fraud and theft by deception just last month for something that happened under a strong angular Jupiter-Neptune aspect. I don't have my files here to give examples but I have seen this aspect in those who were gaining money through deceptive, although not necessarily nefarious, means. More like Grandma thinks you're not making enough to feed yourself so she sends you a check when she can even after you tell her you are fine and please don't.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:34 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:28 pm
Well, phoo. That didn't go well.
Not to worry. I'll just delete it all now. [Oh, just saw that you did.]

I know how to use this - it has some tricks, but I've used it for years. It's just a pain, and there are a lot of opportunities to screw things up more or less permanently,. It's also time consuming (usually takes me most of an hour to do it, double checking every box check along the way, etc.). So I slid toward only doing splits under the most extreme and urgent conditions.

Most of the time it's better just to delete the posts :) That's what I promised I'd do. If someone cares about their post enough, they c an copy it to a new thread - let the poster do the work manually. I end up doing less damage that way.

JSAD, maybe you can edit all the subject lines to something more suitable to this new thread, e.g., "Jupiter-Neptune aspects."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:45 am

If owning a company sounds like exploitation to you, would you categorise everyone who owns a company and provides other people with jobs as actually just exploiting them? I can understand your thought process since I know that you are from China where lots of people are underpaid for actual slavery and are indeed exploited. But that is not anywhere near my dream, that would be an actual nightmare for me if I would be involved in anything like that. I respect people and want to do them good and treat them right.

I am not at all out for exploiting people, but rather providing some good people around me well-paid jobs that can assist in their career building. I want to help people become independent and self-sufficient at their job. If my company can do that as well as pay me money for taking the risk of owning it, then everyone benefits, I am looking for a win-win situation for all people involved. If I can receive money from my company without working there, it allows me to go on investing in other ventures and build my dream of a little property "empire" that will provide good and well-paid jobs for many people :)

And BTW I do not have a Jupiter-Neptune natal aspect, nor progressed, nor by transit, nor in SSR. So the theme of my life or my year is not a Jup-Nep one, it only shows up in one SLR. Was just wondering how that partile trine from Nep to an angular Jup might turn out in my psyche, if it was some kind of trickery I would find out about or if it would just be a feeling of being successfully realising my dream (without any exploitation ;) ).

I do have a Jup-Mer paran at relocation, so that may be the main contributor to the business mindset.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:56 am

FWIW
I have speculated in trading markets several times in my life with Jupiter-Neptune cycles, and here is what happened before I clearly understood how Jupiter-Neptune worked with money ventures in the futures market:
Jup-Nep cycles always brought me fast money, quickly inflated my trading account, only to have the fast account gains in paper money quickly disappear very soon, and turn into loses. So, what I did when making fast money with Jup-Nep cycles in the futures markets, I always quickly placed a Stop Market Order to insure no matter what happen in the near market future, I would be stopped-out with a profit. So, if you see a fast money gain in your business venture timed by your Jup-Nep hit, try to figure out a way/plan to somehow insure you bank the profits; otherwise there will be an increased probability the fast money gain might completely disappear. Relative to my life, Jup-Nep cycles are basically a false sense of money security, but have always timed in my life where I have seen an enjoyable movies :) . Movies are basically an illusion. Make sure any major business decisions are grounded in reality with good common-sense with Jup-Nep cycles.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:20 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:56 am
Jup-Nep cycles always brought me fast money, quickly inflated my trading account, only to have the fast account gains in paper money quickly disappear very soon, and turn into loses.
Relative to my life, Jup-Nep cycles are basically a false sense of money security
This is the other big theme I've seen with these aspects, and the one I think Arena will see with her SLR. This is the aspect of people who ride the market in a bubble, think they've made a lot of money and start counting it (counting on it,) and then when the bubble bursts, think they've lost something real and tangible. Money made under this aspect isn't real till you cash out and put it in the bank, and people who hang on trying to get as much as possible, lose.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am

JSAD wrote:
Money made under this aspect isn't real till you cash out and put it in the bank, and people who hang on trying to get as much as possible, lose.
Exactly! Well stated JSAD.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 am

I am not too worried about this one off SLR :) ...especially not after having a soaring Jup-Ur theme in Aug and Sept, slightly wide in Oct and then with the Sun-Venus and Jupiter-Moon symbolism early next year and into the spring. I have one bad SLR coming up in November - with angular Saturn ... but mostly it is good.

My upcoming SSR (starting in two weeks) seems exciting as well, a good year ahead. But this Jupiter-Nep trine shows up again in 2018 SSR with Jup on MC and Nep nowhere near the angles. I suspect that will be selling another property back in Rvk to cash out the bubble money in it and move it over here to do some more investments, buy more hotels ...and I don't care if the market price will take a dive in next few years, cos I'm going to hold on to those investments for longer term and not cash them out until 20 yrs from now when they have more than doubled in price :D

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 am

Now you are talking, its good to have a long term business plan.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:50 am

Arena wrote:
But this Jupiter-Nep trine shows up again in 2018 SSR with Jup on MC and Nep nowhere near the angles.
2018 SSR Mundo Jupiter wide of MC by 16,16 degrees.
2018 SSR, main mundo angular features are Saturn/Pluto = Asc, 0,56
http://imgur.com/a/Rb9nv

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks Steve, I noticed that Saturn and you know I can't cast the mundoscope.
IF 23.40 is the right birth time, then the SSR Jup is close to natal angle instead... and there is that Sun-Jup square in 2018 SSR. IF 23.20 is closer to the right bt, then that Jup is closer to SSR angle, but so is Saturn.

The Saturn-Pluto might be a death in the family = is to be expected on both my side and my partner's side.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 am

Arena wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am
...and you know I can't cast the mundoscope.
Actually, you can now. There's a spreadsheet to do it (with SF you could add the data faster, you'll have to type in RA and declination for each of the planets, but otherwise it does the work). The download and a discussion is here:
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1544

It was created for a slightly different purpose: to let the planets of one chart appear correctly in the mundoscope of a different chart (e.g., your natal planets in terms of a current return chart). It adjusts for precession, and reorients to the new framework. But if you use the chart's own Sidereal Time, latitude, SVP, etc., then it simply becomes a mundoscope calculator.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:41 am

The Saturn-Pluto might be a death in the family = is to be expected on both my side and my partner's side.
It could manifest in many different ways relative to one's immediate environment. I am coming off a Natal Saturn-Pluto cnj on my SSR Asc, SSR Moon also MC angular SSR, SSR Saturn partile cnj Natal Moon with my SSR, and it nearly killed me--health wise--but with my Natal Jup I have bounced back. :) Saturn-Pluto usually has to do with some type of burdens which we all have to deal with at times in our life--positive manifestation is hard tedious work, which anyone can handle for a few months.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am

That mundoscope calculator spreadsheet also works in OpenOffice, which is free.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:47 am

If you don't download it, but just launch it, it also automatically opens in web-based Excel, which also is free :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm

But then, aren't we editing your copy?
Because of the possiblities for disaster, do you want people to get into that habit?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm
But then, aren't we editing your copy?
Because of the possiblities for disaster, do you want people to get into that habit?
I have my own master stored elsewhere, so it's not ultimately destructive. The more serious concern might be damaging it (I'd have to put up a fresh copy) or someone inadvertently saving content they want to keep private, but which is visible to the next user (if they save).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 am
Arena wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 am
...and you know I can't cast the mundoscope.
Actually, you can now. There's a spreadsheet to do it (with SF you could add the data faster, you'll have to type in RA and declination for each of the planets, but otherwise it does the work). The download and a discussion is here:
http://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1544

It was created for a slightly different purpose: to let the planets of one chart appear correctly in the mundoscope of a different chart (e.g., your natal planets in terms of a current return chart). It adjusts for precession, and reorients to the new framework. But if you use the chart's own Sidereal Time, latitude, SVP, etc., then it simply becomes a mundoscope calculator.
Ok thanks for pointing that out Jim... I took a look at it and I don't think I have those numbers to fill into the cells since I don't have the chart in RA and declination. I only have astro.com for now. :roll:

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Once you've done the chart on astro.com, look at the left hand side of the page. There's a box with a drop-down that says "horoscope for" and the name for the chart. Under that is "Send page" then under that is "PDF drawing (for subscribers)". Then under that is what you want - Additional Tables (PDF) Click that link and it will open a PDF for you that includes longitude, latitude and declination to seconds, and ayanamsa, Delta Time, Julian day and all kinds of things for plugging into equations.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh, and to get SVP from ayanamsa, subtract the ayanamsa from 30.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 am

Arena wrote:
IF 23.40 is the right birth time…
Arena, on a scale of 1-10, with the higher number being a gauge of an accurate birth time, what scale number do you assign for this 23.40 birth time being accurate? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you had a reliable hospital record for the 23.40 birth time. Can you tell us again the reasons you still have some doubts about the 23.40 birth time? I remember you explaining before on the forum between a birth time of 23.40 & 23.20, but I have mostly forgotten with my aged mind. :)

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 am
Arena wrote:
IF 23.40 is the right birth time…
Arena, on a scale of 1-10, with the higher number being a gauge of an accurate birth time, what scale number do you assign for this 23.40 birth time being accurate? Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you had a reliable hospital record for the 23.40 birth time. Can you tell us again the reasons you still have some doubts about the 23.40 birth time? I remember you explaining before on the forum between a birth time of 23.40 & 23.20, but I have mostly forgotten with my aged mind. :)
I can't put it on a scale because it isn't that far off anyway. Hospital records, yes.
The reason is that sometimes it seems just a few degrees off (not much), both in transits, some SSR's and progressions/solar arcs. A fellow astrologer once rectified my birth time to 23.18. My study on my own rectification is ongoing and will most probably take a long time. But it isn't the topic of this thread, so for those interested:

Here is my rectification thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=120&hilit=arena+rectification

And here is my Mars transit thread
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1478&hilit=arena+rectification

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Arena wrote:
I can't put it on a scale because it isn't that far off anyway.
22 minutes is far enough to matter with Sidereal Astrology charts. Arena, fwiw, i would trust the hospital record, far more than the rectification. But, if you see strong evidence the rectified time is more accurate, you need to consider changing your recorded birth time on the forum.