Lance 2022 SSR - Relocate?

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar Returns.
Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent
Lance 2022 SSR - Relocate?

Post by Lance » Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:45 am

I was looking at my 2022 SSR earlier this morning (but now I don’t have my laptop at work).

At my home in Lumberton, TX, I have an angular Saturn-Uranus square that’s kind of wide, but it looks like it’s also flirting hard with my EQ or my East Point (I get those mixed up).

I was hoping to be in Austin, TX, on my SSR, but I’m not sure that alleviates anything enough. I may need to take a trip east to Louisiana instead.

Any thoughts on that?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Lance 2022 SSR - Relocate?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:19 am

Saturn is within a degree (0°32') of an angle. For Lumberton:

23°32' Cap - t Saturn (RA 321°27')
24°27' Cap - SSR WP-a (RA 322°05')

It' not horrible as SSRs go, especially for someone young, but it's clearly more challenging than kind. What tips it for me is that the exactly angular Saturn is joined by very strong Neptune: SSR Moon makes a 0°02' mundane square to natal Neptune. (Mundane aspects also are location-specific, but not as narrowly as angularity.) I don't like Saturn + Neptune together for your comfort and emotional health.

Austin does make more of a difference than first thought. It flips the priority of the Saturn-Uranus square from Saturn dominant to Uranus dominant: With RA of the WP 318°32', Saturn is almost 3° from the angle (essentially at the outermost limit of its orb) while Uranus is 3°10' from MC (pretty close for a major angle). You still have Moon's mundane square to your Neptune (wider but still very close: 0°08'). It's not fabulous, but it's not bad. At least Uranus + Neptune is absurd and weird (with some Saturn to drag it into dark corners occasionally), whereas the Lumberton Saturn + Neptune is primarily dark (with Uranus and other factors making the darkness at least occasionally entertaining or at least interesting).

There are other aspects I'm not mentioning, ecliptical and mundane. I'm considering them in my remarks, though. If you want the details, make sure you've installed Mike's TMSA software: The details pop right out.

There's not an obviously FABULOUS place in the U.S. It's good, therefore, that while this might be a less desirable SSR (we all go through different kinds of years), I've seen far worse. Going to Austin is better and, for the SSR itself, going a little farther west might be the best compromise.

One possible plan: Every place in the region you're considering has the Saturn-Uranus foreground, and at home you have the Saturn quite close (paired with Neptune). The best strategy might be "astro judo": Go with the way things are flowing, then just pivot them a bit to get a better result. In this case, that means making Uranus unquestionably (overwhelmingly) stronger. In my travelling about for returns, I've found the most decisive effects from very, very close angularities which, therefore, have overwhelming dominance in the chart. By very, very close I mean within 0°05' (or, in any case, less than 0°10'). Your SSR (calculated with the most accurate available tool) will occur October 21, 2022, 7:46:11 UT (2:46 AM CDT). Uranus is at 22°37' Aries but - the more important figure - it is on MC at 22°44' Aries. (Uranus doesn't have much latitude so these numbers are similar.) Saturn is 23°32' Capricorn, so the task is to shave this very closely to get Uranus decisively more angular than Saturn.

With Uranus RA 45°19', and the Austin (97W45) RAMC 48°33', subtract these: You would need to go 3°14' farther west, which admittedly is a bit of distance. This means longitude 100W59. Here's the line if you want to go to this extent:

[removed]

I don't suppose you're a fan of Amistad National Recreational Area? Del Rio has Uranus 0°04' from MC (the recreation area on the west side of Del Rio takes care of those 04'), Saturn closer than in Austin (it will necessarily be so if you put the Uranus EXACTLY angular), and the Moon-Neptune is still close (for the entire region) but widened to 0°12'. Perhaps most interestingly, you lose a partile (non-foreground) transiting Neptune to natal Saturn that you have in the other areas - not a strong factor (being off the angles), but a factor that would exist. Your natal Mercury is also very closely angular - 1°18' off Asc - making the half degree Mercury-Uranus mundane square even stronger than Saturn-Uranus.

Do I think you SHOULD do it? I dunno. You have things you'd like to do in Austin. Austin is better than Lumberton. I think the Del Rio chart is significantly better but, again, this is not a horrible solar return. I'd say protect your mental-emotional well-being and let intuition guide you.

(If these were my charts and choices, I'd go check out Amistad-Del Rio, which sounds like fun - unless I had a really good reason I wanted to be in Austin.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:38 pm

Thank you very much for that analysis.

My SSR occurs very shortly after my boss leaves. The Director and two Asst. Directors all gave notice over the course of three days. Myself and two others are going to be the only ones left who know how things work. It promises to be a challenging time, and I just can’t help but see some of that coming in the SSR.

I’ll be in Austin. I don’t want to drive all the way put there by myself and go camping alone. I’d rather spend my 50th birthday with an old friend in Austin. So.. there’s fate, I guess.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:20 am

Lance wrote:
My SSR occurs very shortly after my boss leaves. The Director and two Asst. Directors all gave notice over the course of three days. Myself and two others are going to be the only ones left who know how things work. It promises to be a challenging time, and I just can’t help but see some of that coming in the SSR.
I totally agree Lance. Angular Saturn & Uranus combo’s usually have much to do with “Irritability and inhibition, tension.” Usually the case with changes in upper level management. I have the same angular combo in my next SSR, and I am beginning to feel this “inhibition” on a physical level which is normal at my senior age.
Lance wrote:
I’ll be in Austin. I don’t want to drive all the way put there by myself and go camping alone. I’d rather spend my 50th birthday with an old friend in Austin. So.. there’s fate, I guess.
Indeed Lance---always fate involved with our lives….
Lance, I do see a good possibility for some benefic action with your new SSR. According to Jim’s ‘ISR’ book teachings your next SSR Jupiter is “locked into collusion for a year to follow” with your Natal Moon by being 1,18 conjunct. Moon-Jupiter combo's are excellent for benefic emotions. So, maybe, the change in management will lead to something benefic. Keep us informed for our SSR learnings.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:27 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:20 am
Lance wrote:
I totally agree Lance. Angular Saturn & Uranus combo’s usually have much to do with “Irritability and inhibition, tension.” Usually the case with changes in upper level management. I have the same angular combo in my next SSR, and I am beginning to feel this “inhibition” on a physical level which is normal at my senior age.
Good observation, Steve.

Or, to put it ore simply: When there is a change in management, and especially this much shift in a team's composition, often a strong contrast between "how we've always done things" (the old) vs. "the new ways" that a new boss inevitable will bring to establish his or her contribution. This is pure Saturn-Uranus! You may feel legitimate pull between the old and new ways of doing things (and be around other people in the same pull).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Lance
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Lance » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:57 am

Thank you both for your comments.

Maybe if I can swing angular t. Uranus more to the forefront, or at least de-emphasize that angular t. Saturn, maybe I’ll be more on the new side than the old ways. I’m easily next in line for Asst. Dir., and for a while, I’ll be working directly under the Exec. Dir., who only started this previous year. He already told me he was going to have to lean on me.