My SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jim Eshelman
Nabu
My SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 am

The last thread on my SLRs started with a "fairly boring" one. The new one in a couple of days (Juyly 31, 2018, 1:01:55 PM PDT, 34N03'46", 118W18'47") is anything but boring. Here's the breakdown:

t Sun on MC +0°34'
t Jupiter on EP -0°17' [sq. non-ang Mercury 3°29' in mundo]
r Saturn sq. MC -0°49'
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 0°52' (in RA)
-- t Sun sq. r Saturn 1°13'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Saturn 4°04'
t Uranus on Dsc +2°23'
t Mars sq. Asc +1°53'
-- t Mars-Uranus sq. 0°21'
-- t Sun-Uranus sq. 1°49' (in mundo)
-- t Sun-Mars op. 3°43' (in mundo)
r Mercury on Asc -8°30'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Mercury 0°20' in mundo
-- r Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°04'
r Neptune on Asc +8°56'
-- t Mars sq. r Neptune 4°39' in mundo
-- r Me/Ne on Asc 0°13'

t Moon-Venus op. 1°14'

To state this all more simply, to try to clear the visual "noise" --

t Sun on MC +0°34'
t Jupiter on EP -0°17' [sq. non-ang Mercury 3°29']
r Saturn sq. MC -0°49'
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 0°52'
-- t Sun sq. r Saturn 1°13'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Saturn 4°04'
t Uranus on Dsc +2°23'
t Mars sq. Asc +1°53'
-- t Mars-Uranus sq. 0°21'
-- t Sun-Uranus sq. 1°49'
-- t Sun-Mars op. 3°43'
r Mercury on Asc -8°30'
-- t Jupiter conj. r Mercury 0°20'
-- r Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°04'

t Moon-Venus op. 1°14'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Mike
Planet Member
Planet Member

Re: My SLR

Post by Mike » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:15 am

I always have trouble wrapping my head around SLRs with a lot of factors like this and am wondering how (or if) you further organize it in your head.

My inclination is something like:

Primary cluster: t. Sun / t. Jupiter / r. Saturn, centered around t. Sun
Secondary cluster: t. Uranus / t. Mars, with mostly t. Uranus linked into t. Sun
Lastly, r. Mercury / r. Saturn / t. Jupiter

Primarily a good month, if busy, with positive attention directed towards you and the stuff you're working on, and benefit therefrom. Notable, unexpected events or interactions with people as part of that, maybe conflict, but at least something involving hard work with others involved. You've mentioned before that your average days are Mercury days anyway, but t. Jupiter conjunct widely the foreground r. Mercury suggests that things are going well in general.

Would you interpret it in a similar way? Am I oversimplifying?

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 am

The last month is mostly a blur. I think the simple breakdown sums it up best: Benefic transits, malefic natals: Objectively it's been an unusually good month, but I haven't subjectively felt that to be the case through mot of it.

I've certainly been plying my Mercury-Saturn a great deal. There was also the immediate effect, within a day of the SLR, of Solunars.com being down (seriously broken) for about a day until I rebuilt it with almost no lost content. That one (immediate) event does summarize most of the SLR.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
August 27 SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:47 am

My new SLR occurs today at 6:48 PM PDT. Here is the breakdown (much simpler than last month):

t Sun on WP 1°32'
t Mercury on Dsc 4°19'
-- Mercury sq. cadent Jupiter 0°09'

t Mars SD op. r Jupiter 0°00', op. r Uranus 0°17'
(Mars is in the immediate background)

This will be the month in which the Foundations of Sidereal Astrology series concludes. I take this chart as an optimistic sign that it will conclude successfully.

EXPERIMENTAL INQUIRY: I usually pay no attention to trines and sextiles in Lunar Returns. However, Sun's trines to Saturn (2°07') and Uranus (2°20), which are themselves trine 0°18', is a different scenario. It isn't a midpoint structure in this case - Saturn and Uranus are precise, with Sun 2° off to the side - but Grand Trines have a tendency to act "hard" (though I suspect that is primarily from exact midpoint structures, which don't exist here). It will be interesting to see if anything decisive manifests that looks like a 7th house Sun simultaneously aspecting Saturn and Uranus.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu
Sep 24 SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:30 am

I've been horrendously aggravated and temperamental for a couple of days, no transits suggest that (except for general tension indicators), but my SLR - which I hadn't posted here. I thought I should come back and add the details, especially since one of them is quite relevant: The only two tightly angular planets are my natal Mars and Neptune.

r Mars on Dsc +2°11'
r Uranus on Asc -3°28'
r Jupiter on Asc -3°55'
-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°17'
r Neptune sq. Asc -1°41'
-- r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
-- r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°17'
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
r Sun on IC -5°16'
-- r Sun-Jupiter sq. 1°21' in mundo
-- r Sun-Uranus sq. 1°48' in mundo
t Pluto on Dsc +5°41'
-- t Pluto sq. r Sun 1°19'
-- t Pluto conj. r Mars 3°30' in mundo
t Mars on Dsc -7°10' [sq. NA Uranus 1°50' sq. NA Venus 4°58']
-- Ma/Pl on Dsc 0°45'
-- t Mars sq. r Sun 1°54' in mundo
-- t Mars op. r Uranus 3°15' in mundo
-- t Mars op. r. Jupiter 3°50' in mundo
t Mercury on IC +8°42' [sq. NA Saturn 1°09', conj. NA Sun 2°42']
-- Mercury-Pluto sq. 3°00' in mundo

Moon-Saturn sq. 1°57' in mundo

That's a lot of stuff - but the essence is probably in the two immediate foreground planets. Otherwise (ignoring minutia of orbs and which kind of aspect it is), it breaks down to:

NATAL FOREGROUND: Mars Neptune (Sun Jupiter Uranus)'
TRANSIT FOREGROUND: (Mars Pluto)

NATAL ASPECTS FOREGROUND:
Mars-Neptune
Jupiter-Uranus-Neptune
Sun-Jupiter-Uranus

TRANSITING ASPECTS FOREGROUND:
Mercury-Pluto

TRANSIT-TO-NATAL ASPECTS FOREGROUND:
t Pluto - r Sun
t Pluto - r Mars
t Mars - r Sun
t Mars - r Uranus
t Mars - r. Jupiter

MISC:
t Moon-Saturn sq.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:25 pm

LOL, I am assuming that one person's chart is incapable of causing an entire train to derail :)

My Demi-SLR will occur in the course of travel, probably near Winslow, AZ. It occurs October 7 at 5:29 AM MST. Provided the train isn't delayed (which, of course, could happen with enough Saturn), we'll pass through Winslow at 5:15 AM with the next stop being Gallup, NM (just across the border) at 8:01 AM.

For Winslow, Saturn at 8°19' Sagittarius is on IC 7°33' Sagittarius, getting closer (over the next 60 miles, at least) as one goes east. So, yes, this will surely set up with Saturn on IC.

The thing is, the September 24 SLR relocated to Winslow has Mars 6°32' Capricorn square Uranus 6°42' Aries with Asc 6°24' Cancer. So I'll be approximately at an intersection of Saturn angular on one chart and Mars-Uranus on angular on the other.

In realistic terms that sounds more like "Damn, I lost my contact lens again, I'll have to replace it when we get back," than "OMG the train is rolling over." I'd rather have neither, but I'll pick the former over the latter.

The thing is, the current Caplunar for Winslow has MC 7°36' Gemini - with Saturn exactly on IC! The October 3 Canlunar ha MC 7°32' Gemini - with Saturn exactly on IC! The CanQ has Mars on IC (we'll be "driving under the Mars line").

Perhaps there will be Indians and train robbers on horses. (Saturn is in Sagittarius. Oh, and Mars is in Capricorn so there will be goats or old people.) :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Just watch out for those flat-bed Fords.

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:58 pm
Just watch out for those flat-bed Fords.
Yes. There are two songs queued up for the trip. One is, "When I'm 64." The other has something to do with a bunch of bald-headed birds. I'll be sure to take it easy.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Nabu

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:03 am

The train is running about 20 minutes late so we weren't quite at Winslow when my Demi-SLR set up about a quarter of an hour ago. I was watching a GPS app in the train's lounge car as the time ticked over to 5:29 AM and we were at 35n12 111w23. Saturn is still the only thing angular, close at 1 25' off IC, but it isn't as precise as I thought it was going to be.

Anyway, we're still moving east at a good clip. I'll cross the actual Saturn line in the Demi and then Saturn square Ascendant before leaving Arizona in a couple of hours. The Sun rising line is about 24 hours from now, not long before we cross from Kansas into Missouri (hi, JSAD!) about half-way between Junction City and Topeka, and Sun square MC in mid-Kansas, in the middle of the night. I'll cross Pluto on IC half-way across Missouri (roughly due south of Des Moines). Pluto square Ascendant is diagonal across Illinois, through much of Monday as we hit Chicago about 2 PM.

This could be utterly uneventful, or interesting to watch the Demi-SLR unfold differently over different parts of the next day and a half.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com