My SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: My SLR

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 am

Take a mental health day Thursday. Take off as soon as you get off work Wednesday, get far enough away to make it go away, then be back Friday in time for work.

I've had some really terrible looking lunars and just got a cold or a flat tire or lost my wallet. What do your transits and progressions look like during the lunar?

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:01 am

Jim wrote:
I'm not so crazy about that partile transit of Pluto to my Mars exactly on angles (squared by Mars), especially at the same time Saturn squares my Sun. It's not as if Pluto to Mars has been creeping up and teasing... it's just suddenly there out of the blue and exactly angular.
Thoughts?
I clearly understand Jim; you and I both have this same t. Pluto 180 our r. Mars, and we both don’t want it to appear on the angles of our return charts but right away we see it on your Feb 7 SLR angle. Definitely a lunar to be very conscious of within your immediate environment. Are you expecting to receive any major news around Feb 7th? Normally these type lunars will manifest very close to the date of the SLR. Is there any ‘ possible outstanding incident' on your calendar schedule around Feb 7? In the past I have had Mars-Pluto symbolism manifest as major mechanical problems with my vehicles. This past Jan 30, I had a Mars-Pluto SLR and I ate something which violently upset my digested system putting me seated in the bathroom for two hours and throwing-up violently.

JSAD wrote:
I've had some really terrible looking lunars and just got a cold or a flat tire or lost my wallet. What do your transits and progressions look like during the lunar?
I agree with JSAD here. It could be a violent cold or flu with the Sun-Saturn aspect, or again car/transportation problems. Lunars have a-lot to do with our health. If you feel a cold coming on—take over the counter Sambucol which can prevent a bad cold for setting in or shorten the life of a bad cold. Under no circumstances allow yourself to be removed from your ordinary everyday safe living environment into an unsafe environment. It could be only a violent verbal attack from someone with stunning/shocking results. Your Natal 'Thank You Lord' partile Jupiter/Uranus cnj is foreground. :)

Keep us informed with the manifestation and be safe as possible.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:11 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:44 am
Take a mental health day Thursday. Take off as soon as you get off work Wednesday, get far enough away to make it go away, then be back Friday in time for work.

Yes, there is always the aphorism to remember, "Things are rarely as bad and rarely as good as they look on paper." Thanks.

I can't realistically take the time off. I'm off Monday since we're on the road today and getting in late, then have to leave just after lunch Tuesday for an optometrist appointment. Realistically, I should show up the rest of the week. And I'm surely better off here than if I started driving east, because I'd run into Mars square Ascendant and Saturn square MC (plus some Uranus) through Arizona and Nevada, then Pluto (on my Mars) square MC through New Mexico and Colorado. I'd have to go far enough east that I might as well come have supper with you :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:25 am

Steve, thanks for the unpleasant anecdotes. :) Yes, the one thing we still don't know how to get out of these charts is the scale of an event (although the partile contacts tend to reflet that as much as anything). I wouldn't take it too seriusly if it were just Puto to Mars, but having it come along with Saturn square Sun starts to look like a pile-up. I've navigated Saturn-to-Sun to my advantage at many life stages, and I'm just not sure I have the strength to do it gracefully now.

I've ruled out obvious major health problems. I turned a weakening heart around to a healthy heart (and with no heart attack damage, no artery blockage, etc.). With the Mars-Mars-Pluto symbolism, it crossed my mind that something colon-invasive could hit: Last September I had my PSA up for the first time and it seemed to still be increasing slightly. This led to the doctor doing a couple of non-invasive tests (remember that two-hour MRI I mentioned?) which came back negative, and then the PSA started going down. If it had kept going up, the next step would have been a somewhat invasive biopsy, but that's nothing worrisome occurring. I have a routine colonoscopy coming up (under full general anesthesia) in March, but by then this SLR and the immediate transits are gone. (In fact, the SLR a day or two before that has Venus-Jupiter on the angles.)

So, blood pressure is fine, heart function is fine, no nether-region issues, no other organ concerns, no pulmonary concerns. That leaves a much narrower (and less likely) range of serious health .things We'll see what comes.

The symbolism also suggests I have to be especially scrupulous about not excessively bending rules at work, not jaywalking, and that sort of stuff. "Blame lowering the boom, paying for transgressions" is common with this symbolism. (Donald Trump has something similar but different coming up in a month - a Mars square to natal Pluto on SLR angles - that I interpreted as "a hammer falls.")

Thanks for the support, guys. (And thanks for the examples of your personal kinds of "private explosions," Steve :) )
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 pm

Your upcoming Ennies:

The one starting 2/6 supports in full the SLR picture:
t Mars sq AC 19'
t Pl conj DC 1*50'
t Sa conj AC 7*26'

r Ma conj AC 2*01'
r Ju conj DC 3*16'
r Ur conj DC 3*21'
r Me conj MC 4*02'
r Sa conj MC 4*31'

and the next one starts 2/16, with t Ju on AC, and tMoon-tVenus opposition squaring MC-IC axis.

So this gives window of time from 2/6 to 2/16 for the Pluto-Mars stuff to be expressed.
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:18 pm

Looking at the SLR itself, I think that the presence of your r Ju-Ur in the mix colors the whole thing with a highly positive tone.
When we look at clusters, it's a combo of: t Pluto in tandem w t Mars bringing to the fore your natal Ma-Ju-Ur-Ne (as a whole, with r Ma being emphasized in expression in this particular instance, due to angularity orbs, but the whole cluster is nevertheless active).
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:00 pm

Danica wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:47 pm
Your upcoming Ennies:

The one starting 2/6 supports in full the SLR picture:
To round this out with a few more details for the exact location of home:

t Mars sq. Asc -0°24'
t Pluto on Asc +1°46'
r Neptune sq. Asc -1°55'
r Mars on Asc -2°06'
r Jupiter on Dsc -3°20'
r Uranus on Dsc -3°35'
r Mercury on MC +3°56'
r Saturn on MC +4°31'
t Saturn on Asc +7°21'

r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°05' in mundo
r Mercury-Saturn conj. 0°35' in mundo
t Mars sq. r Mars 0°44'
r Mars-Jupiter op. 1°14' in mundo
r Mars-Uranus op. 1°19' in mundo
r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
t Pluto conj. r Mars 2°07'
t Pluto sq. r Mercury 2°10' in mundo
r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°16'
r Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°24'
r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
t Mars op. r Neptune 2°40'
t Pluto sq. r Saturn 2°45' in mundo
t Saturn sq. r Saturn 2°50' in mundo
t Mars-Pluto sq. 2°51'
t Saturn sq. r Mercury 3°25' in mundo
t Mars sq. r Uranus 3°40'
t Mars sq. r Jupiter 3°57'
t Pluto sq. r Neptune 4°32'

t Uranus sq. r Jupiter 0°23'
t Uranus sq. r Uranus 0°40'

Or, stripping it to just the closest factors:

t Mars sq. Asc -0°24'
t Pluto on Asc +1°46'
r Neptune sq. Asc -1°55'
r Mars on Asc -2°06'

r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°05' in mundo
r Mercury-Saturn conj. 0°35' in mundo
t Mars sq. r Mars 0°44'

r Mars-Jupiter op. 1°14' in mundo
r Mars-Uranus op. 1°19' in mundo
r Uranus-Neptune sq. 2°00'
t Pluto conj. r Mars 2°07'
t Pluto sq. r Mercury 2°10' in mundo
r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 2°16'
r Mercury-Saturn conj. 2°24'
r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
t Mars op. r Neptune 2°40'
t Pluto sq. r Saturn 2°45' in mundo
t Saturn sq. r Saturn 2°50' in mundo
t Mars-Pluto sq. 2°51'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:15 am

Jim, there is one other Mars-Pluto factor I forgot to mention I have correlated with my life and its time cycles, and that is time periods for excessive work of all types, with a lean toward physical work. Ebertin offers ‘tones’ for Mars-Pluto:
Psychological Correspondence: The ability to demonstrate extraordinary force and vigor, great self-confidence, the obsession to work without any break, great ambition.
Probable Manifestation: + The attainment of success through excessive effort.

Maybe this SLR manifests in your work environment--exhausting you with extra work.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm

Tomorrow, there is a most unusual alignment. I wasn't going to say anything in advance about tomorrow, until I saw this line-up; then it was just too interesting not to mention.

First, the known event: I have a meeting scheduled tomorrow, purpose unknown, at 11:00 AM. When I got the meeting invitation (on the eve of the current, worrisome lunar return), my first gut impression is that it meant trouble. That idea is either (1) astrologically reasonable, (2) good intuition, or (3) an overly-anxious response of the new SLR and Ennead. The person scheduling the meeting assured me there is nothing to worry about, although they are keeping details confidential until the meeting, which (under current circumstance) feeds my anxiety about it.

Anyway... of course I set up a chart for 11:00 AM and that's when I noticed the SWARM of Moons onto my Saturn. Because it's my Saturn, it doesn't make me feel any better about the meeting, but it's astrologically something I've never seen before. Notice:

14°02' Lib - s Moon
14°11' Ari - t Moon
14°47' Can - Q1 p Moon (thrown in for Steve :) )
14°54' Ari - CapQ Moon
14°57' Lib - r Saturn
14°58' Cap - converse t Moon

I don't think I missed any. It's... interesting.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 am

Jim wrote:
It's... interesting.
Indeed Jim. Let us know the outcome of the meeting. With all those Moon-Saturn hits my only advice is Ebertin's "Principle" for Moon-Saturn.
Self Control.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Are you at liberty to discuss the astrological psychological effects (if any) about your meeting this morning?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:17 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:18 pm
14°02' Lib - s Moon
14°11' Ari - t Moon
14°47' Can - Q1 p Moon (thrown in for Steve :) )
14°54' Ari - CapQ Moon
14°57' Lib - r Saturn
14°58' Cap - converse t Moon
I think all of these simultaneous hits are a bit of an overkill for what happened this morning, though there was a bit of sadness involved.

First off, I'm fine - no concern at all - no "negative event" at all except in the one sense I'll say in a minute.

The meeting was to let me know that a member of my team is leaving in a few weeks. Of the five or six partners I've had in this job the last dozen years, we've been the best fit, the best team, and have become good friends. He's transferring to our downtown LA office because he gets to swap his two-hour each direction daily driving commute for 45 minutes on a train. I'm happy for him but, gosh, gonna miss him.

On the other hand, he's swapping with someone from downtown that I've known for years who is one of the nicest people I know, learns very fast, etc. He just transferred into our department and is on an early learning-curve, so I'll be responsible for training him on several things. He'll hardly be unpleasant to have around and he's as conscientious as they come.

It's like when Michael Moriarty was replaced by Sam Watterson early in Law & Order's run: I wanted to be raging and unhappy, but damn - they replaced him with Sam Watterson. Not the same but, damn, at the time one of my favorite dramatic TV actors and he took the wind entirely out of my rageful disappointment.

So it goes.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Thanks Jim, I was a little concerned as I know you were before the meeting---been there done that many times in my life looking at a potential nasty SLR.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: SLR 2/7/2019

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

It's time to reassess my outgoing (Feb 7) SLR, which I characterized mildly as "more serious than most." (The new SLR is tomorrow.) Potentially, there is a lot to learn from this one, and I'd like to see what I can learn in the breakdown.

Overall, the SLR as disappointing in a relieving way, fulfilling the aphorisms that charts are rarely as good or as bad as they seem, and that life is vastly more novel than we expect. That is, all the usual markers (tight orbs, tight angularities, intensity of aspects) suggested this as a month that would be decisively big - a real stand-out in the course of my life - and I really doubt it will go down in my memory like that. Charts that don't fulfill expectations are the best teachers of where we need to adjust expectations.

The primary thing in this chart is transiting Pluto exactly setting conjunct natal Mars (which is exactly setting), with Mars also squared by transiting Mars (which widely squares Ascendant). Additionally, it overlaps the time that transiting Saturn squares natal Sun, an aspect that is partile in the SLR also, though having the SLR merely be concurrent with that transit is enough to draw attention. (There's other stuff, but these are the big ones.)

Based on statistics of health crises and hospitalizations, I certainly had reason to anticipate a health issue would rise. Also, the overall feel is strenuous, taxing, arduous, demanding. Potentially it would be confrontational and hostile (though that's easier to contain or control).

Here are the five main features of the last four weeks. What seem to me the bigger effects are the two or three at the top.

1. Shift in my team at work: Long-term co-worker and friend transferred to our downtown office effective yesterday, swapping for another long-term employee (one I've worked with for years and like/respect much). This one event pretty much demarcates the four weeks of the SLR, since I got the email on the eve of the SLR scheduling the meeting a few days later where they informed me of the changes (to start the four weeks) and the swap occurred yesterday (almost the last day of the four weeks). Effect on me is that I no longer see a good friend and excellent work partner every day and have a new relationship to build that is already on a solid footing. Obviously some transition and changes but not gigantic impact. - Probably somewhere in this transition is the key to the whole SLR, i.e., if I had no prior idea what Pluto on natal Mars means, I would start looking at this event to try to figure it out.

2. Marion was gone two weekends (about four days each) this last month for work-related things. I'd have rather she'd been around but it wasn't exactly stressful. It did mean that I plowed into work nearly all weekend (besides spending more time with our cat, Kali), so there is at least evidence of Saturn to my Sun and maybe the "push harder" Pluto-Mars (though it really didn't feel like I was pushing hard).

3. Money has been more of an issue this month, though it's been a gradually growing problem. (February has fewer days, so checks are always a little skimpier anyway). I've had to transfer too much money from meager reserves just to beak even, and solutions haven't presented themselves. (This could be just Saturn to Sun as a transit - quite typical - in which case it will start turning around in the next couple of weeks somehow - though there are a couple of other things in the SLR that say the same thing.)

4. Health has been dragging a bit, but not "bad" and certainly no crises. It's as if I have a sub-sub-low-cold. I suspect the somewhat draggy symptoms are because I was using a steroid skin cream to clear up a rash that developed while traveling late last year. (Notice the larger health impact is the skin condition got better.) Normally, I react badly to steroids (at least oral steroids - I can't use Prednisone because it makes me rageful, nearly homicidal with the least surge of adrenaline) but, contrary to Mars-Pluto on Mars, none of those symptoms appeared. But this cream does have a known side-effect of causing congestion and similar low-grade "cold" symptoms, so I suspect it's caused the dragging. Astrologically, this "somewhat draggy" condition is much more consistent with Saturn's transit to my Sun than to the Mars-Pluto-Mars.

5. To the extent I've been in "hard push" mode, it's been normal, ordinary hard push, not the excess one might expect from either the Saturn transit or Pluto-Mars.

My biggest astrological disappointment is that none of these seems big enough to match the magnitude of the SLR, though, of course, personally I'm quite happy not to have had that stronger effect. BTW, there were a couple of doctor-related things that were less stressful, less invasive (again, contrary to the tone of the chart): (1) I had an appointment with the ophthalmologist that was originally going to do eye surgery (and had to delay it in December because I had a thing pop up in my eye). He's decided everything is fine and the surgery is back on for a month or so away (different SLR). It was a "no big deal" 20-minute checkup. (2) Because of brining a new person onto team this week, I had to postpone a routine colonoscopy originally scheduled for today which would have been a fine conclusion to the Mars-Pluto-Mars SLR.

I have no trouble seeing the "plain" Saturn transit to natal Sun. That's all over these events. It exists in the SLR and exists on its own. It's primarily the very strong Mars-Pluto-Mars with close orbs in the SLR that is puzzling to me.

So, with this tour of the month, what categories of things worked best/worst in the SLR?

Transiting (SLR) planets foreground. These included Pluto (1°23'), Mars (widely square Ascendant), Saturn (widely foreground). One might expect from this a harder, somewhat more severe expression of transiting Pluto. Giving Pluto the lead, we have the significant (but not gigantic) shift of co-workers, Marion being gone two long weekends, etc. So Pluto by itself (not interpreting it as necessarily connected to anything) was perfectly expressible in an "ordinary Pluto" sense. (The fact that this is on Descendant even shows through, since one event was spouse and the impact of the other was primarily the relationship angle.)

Natal planets foreground. Natal Mars is closest, 0°43' from Descendant. My Jupiter, Uranus, and Sun are more widely foreground (5°-7°). One could argue that the natal Sun-Jupiter-Uranus made a significant difference in how the month worked out, though we would have to accept that fairly widely angular planets have greater (or at least comparable) strength to closely angular planets, and I'm resistant to that idea. (I will store in my mind that I need to give these more weight, and will let future charts help sort that out.) As for natal Mars tightly angular, I'm not overly convinced it was a big feature, since everything above that I might attribute to it can also be attributed just to Saturn's transit to my Sun: work-push, mild "draggy" health impact, "nose to the grind-stone" attitude. But it's also contrary to the atypical, non-martial reaction to steroids, displacement of Mars events to later periods outside the SLR, etc. -- Of course, natal Mars and transiting Saturn could be giving similar messages ,or (a radical thought!) it could be that the natal planet angular isn''t as important as I've long thought.

Natal aspects brought to foreground (including new mundane aspects). My natal Mars-Jupiter-Uranus is foreground (with Mars to Jupiter-Uranus remaining on the wide side, over 4°) and the addition of Sun square Jupiter-Uranus. The Mars-Jupiter-Uranus could be the money issues, though the aspect (like my natal opposition) is pretty wide. - I will allow, though, that the existence of the Sun-Jupiter-Uranus mundane aspect in the foreground, by itself, contributes non-trivially to how the month developed. Considering just these foreground aspects of natal planets, I can attribute: the work situation being inherently benign (and possibly enhancing my prestige since I'm now one more generation of "the grand ol' permanent feature" in my department in my office); health stuff being benign or minor at worst, and more impactful things being delayed; and (though wide/weak) maybe some of the money issues.

Transit-to-transit aspects. Mars square Pluto (almost 4°). No typical expression of this.

Foreground transit-to-natal aspects. Saturn square my Sun (1°45') would have operated anyway, and is a strong part of the month. Mars square my Jupiter-Uranus (within 3°) fits the money issues, some of which took me by surprise. I can't disentangle Pluto square my Sun (more than 4°) from Saturn-Sun and closely angular Pluto. That leaves t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°40' in mundo and t Mars sq. r Mars 1°41' - which totally baffle me. (Is there an important, thematic interpretation I'm missing?) These should have been the most important aspects of the month IMHO and they are not clear at all.

Non-foreground partile transits. These are all fine enough. Mostly they are the "fill in the gaps" themes I'd expect. Transiting Uranus square my Jupiter-Uranus is long-term and would fit regardless (and they fit many of the circumstances well). Mars opposite my Neptune (0°44') certainly fit the beginning - the first couple of days of apprehension of what this mysterious meeting at work was about (and this is when the aspect was exact). Mars-Neptune plus some stressor features of Mars-Pluto fit that manifestation.

Transiting Sun square natal Mercury (0°05' in mundo) is quite interesting. It take it as "business related." It fits the shifts at work (at least providing context), and perhaps a sense that I was more "all business or "all about business" this month compared to usual.

There was also a transit-to-transit partile non-foreground aspect, Jupiter square Neptune 0°46' in mundo. It isn't obvious to me that this was operative.

FINAL TAKE-AWAY THOUGHTS
1. Is there an interpretation of Pluto's transit to Mars that totally explains the discrepancy of expectation to result (and especially of Mars-Pluto to Mars). The "changes at work" "event" covers the first to last days of the SLR, so should be especially represented by the most important features of the SLR.

2. Transiting Pluto angular per se is quite obvious to me, just not its aspects to the partile-angular natal Mars.

3. This chart would make much more sense if the angularity of natal planets were not valid considerations (as in the earliest Fagan-Bradley approach to interpreting solunars). That is, if foreground transits from SLR planets were important, but not the angularity itself. I don't think this is true and I resist the likelihood that it's true, but I mention it as one conceivable interpretation of the information in front of me.

4. The "newly discovered" mundane aspects of natal planets were great, as were transits to natal planets. Broadly speaking, aspects were the vital core of what worked (except for the puzzle about Pluto-Mars).

5. Partile non-foreground transits worked perfectly fine, in a predictably "background" or "fill in the gaps" sort of way, though some would be expected to be valid simply because they were on-going transits.

6. Ongoing transits (all of which were partile in the SLR) were, by themselves quite descriptive of every important condition or event of the last month.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:50 am

Good to see you get out of this SLR in good shape Jim. :)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am

SteveS wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:50 am
Good to see you get out of this SLR in good shape Jim. :)
:D

I, of course, have the great sickness of a long-time astrologer: There is a part of me that would rather have suffered mightily if it made astrology look better.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
SLR 3/6/2019

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am

t Uranus on Dsc +0°22'
t Venus on IC -2°39'
r Neptune on Asc +4°21'
r Jupiter on MC +5°10'
r Uranus on MC +5°21'
r Saturn on Asc -8°56'
r Mars on IC +9°03'

-- r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°11' in mundo
-- r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 0°49' in mundo
-- r Uranus-Neptune sq. 1°00' in mundo
-- t Uranus sq. r Jupiter 1°25'
-- t Uranus sq. r Uranus 1°42'
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
-- t Venus-Uranus sq. 3°01' in mundo
-- t Venus sq. r Saturn 3°24'
-- t Uranus op. r Neptune 3°42'
-- r Mars-Uranus op. 3°42' in mundo
-- r Mars-Jupiter op. 3°53' in mundo

t Jupiter sq. r Moon 0°09'
t Sun-Neptune conj. 0°10'
t Saturn sq. r Sun 0°48'

Trimming just the closest stuff to get a first impression:

t Uranus on Dsc +0°22'
t Venus on IC -2°39'
t Venus-Uranus sq. 3°01' in mundo
-- r Jupiter-Uranus-Neptune within 2°
-- t Uranus sq. r Jupiter-Uranus within 2°
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:39 am

It looks like you had a lot of little stuff happen instead of One Big Thing.

FlorencedeZ.
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 am

Hi Jim, just a question out of curiosity.
You are mentioning this Lunar Return as covering the whole month. On February 20 your Demi LR has the Sun partile conjunct the Westpoint. (and Neptune wide on the Descendant) Doesn't this change the outlook for the rest of the two weeks?
Regards,
Flo

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 am

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:39 am
It looks like you had a lot of little stuff happen instead of One Big Thing.
Yes, I think so, especially with Uranus so angular. "Constantly being surprised by something new."

If I were young and single, a chart like this would have been a month of a lot of different things happening.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:29 am

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 am
You are mentioning this Lunar Return as covering the whole month. On February 20 your Demi LR has the Sun partile conjunct the Westpoint. (and Neptune wide on the Descendant) Doesn't this change the outlook for the rest of the two weeks?
Yes, the Demi has full strength once it comes in except the full SLR doesn't stop operating. They are both active (which sometimes looks like the Demi is happening within the context of the SLR even though it has its own voice.)

This month, additionally, the Demi was a rather week chart. Sun was indeed close on EP, but Neptune was pretty wide. No natal planets involved. It isn't a very vivid chart, and doesn't seem to have caught much traction.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

FlorencedeZ.
Constellation Member
Constellation Member

Post by FlorencedeZ. » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am

thank you Jim. I never realized the full SLR doesn't stop operating. This is good to know as I usually calculated the Demi as the new chart.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:41 am

Jim wrote:
There is a part of me that would rather have suffered mightily if it made astrology look better.
You have already made 'astrology look better' with all the great astrological work you have done. :)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:56 am

FlorencedeZ. wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:35 am
thank you Jim. I never realized the full SLR doesn't stop operating. This is good to know as I usually calculated the Demi as the new chart.
I think Bradley's original statement in Solar and Lunar Returns wasn't far from the truth. In introducing the idea of Demi- and Quarti-returns, he said there isn't an urgency to calculate them because (I think these were his words) in any case nothing is going to happen that is outright at odds with the full SLR.

I don't think that's completely true. If the SLR only has a little bit happening but the Demi is vivid and strong, we're likely to respond to it and, in any case, the Demi has the lead voice of its term. In general, though, a Jupiter rising Demi isn't going to grant vast riches if Saturn is exactly rising in the full SLR (but one might get the hoped-for refund back or a modest raise).

Here is how I fully see it: It has to be simultaneously true that (1) the SLR describes the main, most obvious, and most memorable character of a four week period AND (2) the Demi-SLR describes the main, most obvious, and most memorable character of the last two weeks of that time. The universe is ingenious and will think of many ways for this to be true.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com