My SLR

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: SLR 2/7/2019

Post by Danica » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 am

1. Is there an interpretation of Pluto's transit to Mars that totally explains the discrepancy of expectation to result (and especially of Mars-Pluto to Mars). The "changes at work" "event" covers the first to last days of the SLR, so should be especially represented by the most important features of the SLR.
:idea: I wonder if the synastry between you and the new-old person in the work environment would reveal your Mars being intensely engaged!
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: My SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm

No reasonable possibility of getting the data.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Mike
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:22 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am
There is a part of me that would rather have suffered mightily if it made astrology look better.
I thought it was just me! :lol:

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Demi-SLR 3/20/19

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am
t Uranus on Dsc +0°22'
t Venus on IC -2°39'
t Venus-Uranus sq. 3°01' in mundo
-- r Jupiter-Uranus-Neptune within 2°
-- t Uranus sq. r Jupiter-Uranus within 2°
-- r Mars-Neptune sq. 2°25'
My new Demi-SLR tomorrow is quite a different thing from the full SLR summarized immediately above. Here is the breakdown:

r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29' (EP +0°41')
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04' (EP +1°41')
t Jupiter on MC -5°37'
t Moon on Dsc -7°58'
t Sun on Asc -8°17'

-- t Mercury op. r Moon 0°08'
-- t Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo
-- t Mercury op. r Pluto 0°30' in mundo
-- r Moon-Pluto op. 0°38' in mundo
-- t Jupiter sq. r Moon 1°15'
-- t Mercury-Neptune conj. 1°34' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Moon 1°43' in mundo
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Pluto 3°03' in mundo
-- t Moon-Mercury op. 3°09'
-- t Jupiter-Neptune sq. 3°31' in mundo

Other partile:
t Mars-Saturn sq. 0°19' in mundo
t Venus-Mars sq. 0°25'

Compressing it down to just the closest factors:

r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29' (EP +0°41')
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04' (EP +1°41')

-- t Mercury op. r Moon 0°08'
-- t Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo
-- t Mercury op. r Pluto 0°30' in mundo
-- r Moon-Pluto op. 0°38' in mundo
-- t Jupiter sq. r Moon 1°15'
-- t Mercury-Neptune conj. 1°34' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Moon 1°43' in mundo
-- t Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
-- t Neptune op. r Pluto 3°03' in mundo

Basically Mercury-Neptune to natal Moon-Pluto plus a transiting Moon-Sun-Jupiter triplet.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:00 am

Jim, using Fagan’s basic teachings about Lunar Returns, I see a very strong influence with your March 20 DSLR as t. Jupiter square r Moon 1,15, but not partile, but imo still very strong influence. Fagan stressed the importance of noting any partile 0,90,180 aspects of a transiting planet in the foreground of the Lunar Return to a Natal Planet, on the day of the Lunar Return.

Fagan says about these t Jupiter r Moon aspects 0,90,180:
JUPITER: The transit of Jupiter to the Moon from the foreground enriches the feelings in every way. The native's manner becomes assured, optimistic, heroic and exuberant, while his speech takes on an oratorical quality which frequently holds his audience spellbound. Under this transit the native may be invited to lecture, address meetings, make speeches, attend dinners or participate at functions, meetings and the like, according to his capacity and walk in life, all of which is very gratifying to the ego, even if it does not necessarily put money in his pocket. Generally speaking, this transit presages all-round improvements. The native's popularity will be at its peak and he will be in demand wherever he goes. On the stage and the platform he carries the crowd with him.
DSLR Mundo Mercury is partile DSLR Asc, a strong influence also, so a benefic Mercury-Jupiter angular influence for this March 20 DSLR. Let us know of any notable/main psychological manifestations.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 am

I consider the Moon-Jupiter strong - agreed - but Jupiter is by no means the most angular planet. The quartet of transiting Mercury-Neptune and natal Moon-Pluto has the closest concentration of angularity and aspect orbs.

And yes, it's nice to have the Moon-Jupiter and, more broadly, the Moon-Sun-Jupiter super-close T-square.

Natal Moon is 0°21' from Asc, natal Pluto 0°59' from Dsc, t Mercury 0°29' from Asc, and transiting Neptune 2°04' from Asc, in contrast to transiting Jupiter 5°37' off MC. The Mercury-Moon and Mercury-Pluto transits and "discovered" natal Moon-Pluto opposition are the only partile aspects except:

Moon-Sun op. 0°19' in mundo, supported by
Sun-Jupiter sq. 2°42' in mundo
and the close Moon-Jupiter ecliptical aspect you cited

Then Neptune transits to natal Moon and Pluto are the next most exact.

Altogether interesting.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:30 am

I understand Jim. Keep us informed for our learning curves.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:42 am

Steve, I think I haven't emphasized enough something I've taken as fact for (say) the last year: Just as in ingresses, mundane and ecliptically aspects are equally (indistinguishably) important in solar and lunar returns. This includes transit-to-transit, transit-to-natal, and "discovered" natal-to-natal mundane aspects (natal mundane aspect that are only formed because of the ST and latitude of the return chart).

This is roughly consistent with things Fagan wrote repeatedly, though he was even more mundane aspect oriented when possible. He wrote many times that the only aspects that mattered were conjunctions, oppositions, and "squares when they approximate the mundane square." I think this was his way of estimating based on not being to calculate the mundoscope on every chart he did.

If I were going by only ecliptical aspects, I'd be limited to the Moon-Mercury-Jupiter T-square. When you add the mundane natal and transiting aspects, this becomes much less in the scope of things.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am

I understand Jim. Fagan emphasized a DSLR can bring to fruition what the SLR began. Your DSLR appears to be symbolizing maybe a notable incident. Did your prior SLR begin anything of a notable nature related to your world?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am
I understand Jim. Fagan emphasized a DSLR can bring to fruition what the SLR began. Your DSLR appears to be symbolizing maybe a notable incident. Did your prior SLR begin anything of a notable nature related to your world?
Nothing very concrete (unless I overlooked it).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:41 am

This Mercury-Neptune has been fascinating so far. A bunch of small things aside, there has been one big event worth comment for several reasons, I'm not clear whether it was important because of planets angular in my Demi-SLR or in a "wider world" sense not limited to me,

As most of you know, I don't take the popular "Mercury retrograde" legends very seriously. All the things that people claim go wrong during Mercury retrograde periods seem to me to occur no more often than when Mercury is direct. Since I work in IT, I'm in an unusually good place to see this on a day-to-day basis.

This recent Mercury retrograde period, though, was WAY different. I've seen it in others' objective reports and I've seen it around me. It is so vividly, dramatically different - so "everything Mercury is untrustworthy and wrong" - that I don't actually think it's Mercury retrograde at all. I think it's several weeks of a barely interrupted Mercury-Neptune conjunction, either in immediate orb or in a recent ingress. (The station is today with Mercury partile conjunct Neptune. It has been showing in several ways, not the least of which is everybody's confusion over what the Mueller report does and doesn't say.)

Yesterday morning, with a very slow Mercury partile conjunct Neptune at 21° Aquarius square Moon at 21° Scorpio, I was awakened by a call at 3:20 AM. Our work network seemed to have dropped off the map almost an hour earlier according to the monitoring service. I confirmed this and sped into the office. There are dozens of paragraphs of things I could write about this, but, keeping on a narrow topic, I discerned (and a senior engineer confirmed) that everything was working fine except one component, the WAN routers that connect us to the outside world. We checked all sorts of things and then, at 6 AM, they spontaneously came back online, not due to anything we did.

There were various confusing things about this, including the fact that we have two separate providers giving us connection so that if one goes down, the other kicks in. In the course of this we discovered that the secondary provider had recently started using our primary provider for the last leg into our building - which made them rather useless. If the primary went down, the secondary went down with it. (I referred to this as, "It does you no good if your back-up guy rides to work with your main guy.")

By this morning we know that this was caused by construction in the street outside our building. The construction will be going on for another two years, so we still have to do something about this.

But the outage lasted about three and a half hours while Moon was moving through partile square to the conjunction of Neptune and a near-stationary Mercury.

I have no idea what this has to do with my natal Moon-Pluto (OK, Moon is obvious, but not yet Pluto). It obviously involves me because much of the action centered on me, but it may also have been primarily a mundane event.

My transits for the day were transiting Venus and Mars both crossing local natal angles.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 am

Interesting Jim, thanks for this update. It appears the station Mercury cnj Neptune is/has dominated your DSLR. If I remember your mundo DSLR Mercury was partile cnj DSLR Asc. I have noted in the past with a few of my return charts when planets are stationed or near station and on a return angle--much more potent which appears to be the case in this example. Or, it could be the transiting station of Mercury partile cnj your DSLR Neptune itself could indeed be the dominating factor since DSLR Neptune is the closest angular planet. Anyway, par-excellent symbolism for the manifestation of Me-Nep.
Last edited by SteveS on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:15 am

Yes, here were the closest angularities:

r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29'
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04'
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:25 am

Yes, that r Pluto on DSLR Dsc and r Moon on DSLR Asc important factors for the Pluto intensity of the Me-Nep. An excellent example for DSLR's!

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:25 am
Yes, that r Pluto on DSLR Dsc and r Moon on DSLR Asc important factors for the Pluto intensity of the Me-Nep. An excellent example for DSLR's!
I'm not so sure. Pluto is intensity, yes, but not in the sense of (say) acting like another angle. I'd expect a distinctly natal Pluto effect in addition to the effects of a natal Moon-Pluto opposition.

This touches on another post I'm sorting out in my head, a revisiting (and inviting everyone to interact on their observations) about certain SLR basics.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:53 am

Your contingency network provider hadn't notified you of an important network change on their end, and the truth was revealed dramatically.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:24 am

Av wrote:
…the truth was revealed dramatically.
Yes, I like the word ‘dramatically’ in the context what manifested for Jim with his DSLR.

Jim wrote:
This touches on another post I'm sorting out in my head, a revisiting (and inviting everyone to interact on their observations) about certain SLR basics.
Good Idea! I think more attention needs to be paid to the faster moving inner planets in SLR’s when involved with angular partile aspects, mundo or eclipto, with Natal Planets. These inner faster moving planets become more personal to us in our daily lives. Just thinking out loud.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:21 am

Jim wrote for closest angularities on his DSLR:
r Moon on Asc -0°21'
t Mercury on Asc -0°29'
r Pluto on Dsc +0°59'
t Neptune on Asc -2°04'
? Using Matthew’s ‘Mundane Large’ page, I show your r. Moon for LA co-rises on your DSLR Asc at 20,03 Aqu, 0,33 cnj DSLR Asc. I show your r Pluto co-sets on your DSLR Dsc at 17,33 Leo, 1,57 cnj DSLR Dsc.

How did you determine the above quoted orbs for your r Moon & Pluto on your DSLR Asc and Dsc?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 am

I use the spreadsheet we've been distributing here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1544

It calculates the exact mundoscope position of natal planets inside the framework of the return chart, correcting them for precession along the way.

The Mundane Data Large tool is the next best, but it still measures the outcome in longitude so, at best, it's a "close estimte." For most things, it's close enough, e.g., when you don't really need to know the difference between a 1° aspect and a 2° aspect.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:33 am

Thanks Jim.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: SLR 3/6/2019

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 am

As I near the end of the SLR month, a little looking back...

The Demi-SLR was really obvious, but then the Mercury-Neptune themes were hugely obvious in the world at large. This was discussed above.

Coming back the the full SLR, this was not so dramatically obvious, even though the major factor were quite strongly placed. I'd mark the strongest factors as:
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:56 am
t Uranus on Dsc +0°22'
t Venus on IC -2°39'
-- t Venus-Uranus sq. 3°01' in mundo
The next strongest factors were likely:

[/quote]t Uranus sq. r Jupiter 1°25'
t Uranus sq. r Uranus 1°42'[/quote]
I can't see dramatic events from this, but do see a couple of gentle continuing trends. Marion and I have been working on and off (or on than off) about wedding planning. Also, in a lesser way, there is a "new relationship" in that the prior month brought the change in my co-worker situation so I have a new day-by-day friendship and teamship to build with the new guy. But nothing else on Venus-Uranus themes that I can see.

Three partile natal aspect were foreground. It's clear that these are part of me, but I have no perspective that these were more a part of me this month than the rest of the time.
r Jupiter-Uranus conj. 0°11' in mundo
r Jupiter-Neptune sq. 0°49' in mundo
r Uranus-Neptune sq. 1°00' in mundo
Finally, there were three non-foreground partile transits:
t Jupiter sq. r Moon 0°09'
t Sun-Neptune conj. 0°10'
t Saturn sq. r Sun 0°48'
Perhaps the fact that this is so hard to assess is, itself, a confirmation of Sun's transit to Neptune :) There is the very broad (background, not front line) sense that, yes, I was working harder and, yes, things went unusually well when they otherwise might not have - a sense of Jupiter vs. Saturn trade-off. But the main consequence is that, unless I am so nit-picky as to probably be making up the relevance of something, I can't say these provided anything specific.

Scanning back through my calendar, beginning the day before the SLR started for anything out of the ordinary, I find these:

-- March 8=9 we hosted the annual board meeting of Center for Reproductive Rights. I worked closely with their principles to make the event happen and was quite proud to be able to contribute significantly to this amazing organization and the (mostly) women running it. (I suppose this fits a Venus-Uranus theme.
-- March 10, Marion and I attended all-day intensive training in French wines, have a day master class intensive in Burgundy and half a day on Bordeaux. We then raced across town and saw Captain Marvel that night.

Perhaps these, right at the start of the month, were the closest to discrete events fitting the SLR, though in other ways they seem like "just plugging along."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
My 4/3/2019 SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:20 am

In a few days, my new SLR comes in. Here is the breakdown:

t Mars sq. Asc 0°05'
t Venus on EP 0°12' (on Asc -4°55')
r Pluto on Dsc -5°52'
r Moon on Asc -7°20'
t Neptune on Asc -9°16'
t Mercury on Asc -9°21'

t Mercury-Neptune conj. 0°05' in mundo
t Venus op. r Pluto 0°57' in mundo
r Moon-Pluto op. 1°28' in mundo
t Neptune op. r Moon 1°56' in mundo
t Mercury op. r Moon 2°01' in mundo
t Venus conj. r Moon 2°25' in mundo
t Neptune op. r Pluto 3°24' in mundo
t Mercury op. r Pluto 3°29' in mundo
t Venus-Neptune conj. 4°21' in mundo
t Venus-Mercury conj. 4°26' in mundo

Other partile
t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°53'

With what I've been observing in the last week of study, I think these are the primary factors that will be operational:

t Mars sq. Asc 0°05'
t Venus on EP 0°12' (on Asc -4°55')
-----------------------------
t Neptune on Asc -9°16'
t Mercury on Asc -9°21'
-- t Mercury-Neptune conj. 0°05' in mundo (Venus distantly linked)

Mercury, Venus, and Neptune to natal Moon and Pluto, but especially:
t Venus op. r Pluto 0°57' in mundo
t Neptune op. r Moon 1°56' in mundo
t Mercury op. r Moon 2°01' in mundo
t Venus conj. r Moon 2°25' in mundo

Other partile
t Pluto conj. r Mars 0°53'

The only out of the ordinary think I know is coming up in the two weeks following this SLR is a colonoscopy on April 11 (with the usual prep for a couple of days before).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: My 4/3/2019 SLR

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:13 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:20 am
t Venus on EP 0°12'
LOL, the main result is likely to be tux shopping, I just learned tonight :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:23 am

Heh.
If you're buying, don't get anything but black. If you're getting anything but black, rent. Trust me.
Besides the shirt and tie and such, are you getting a hat?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:07 am

Don't know about the hat but. yeah, renting.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com