Avi SLRs and Demilunars

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Lunar Returns.
Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Re: Avi SLRs and Demilunars

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 pm

Ok, maybe a more on point manifestation:

I have a coworker who has been giving me a hard time. He's a bro type, and it's hazing/dominance type behavior. This Friday, he called me a pansy at work. So, after waffling all weekend, about being confrontational/victim identity vs. putting up with {bs}, I chose assertive, and sent him a by-the-books email, with links to articles, and how I don't tolerate race, gender, or orientation based slurs at my place of employment.

So, I think your interpretation and advice is spot on. I think my recent experiences and introspective time has helped me face some shadow stuff, and a lot of energy has been released by letting go of some of those stalemated personal battles.

So there's a lot of sexual attention, and male competition/aggression, and I'm feeling the mix of party and fighting.

The r. Sa-0-MC probably is manifesting both as this being a career identity issue, and me being cautious and measured about this fighting energy.

But, since my issues have always been more about anger repression than loss of temper, I chose the confrontational direction.

And I'm still feeling good.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Coworker apologized and said it would never happen again.

It's funny, in hindsight, I'm seeing this as male dominance battle. Which I've always found horse$***. I'm way more about cooperating and sharing.

But I think in this case, caution made me wait a couple days, consider my shadow issues with power and confrontation first, and act deliberately and calculatedly.

Our office has historically been an oasis from "bro culture" (by which I mean an aggressive, sexualized atmosphere) but our newer sales department has changed things for the worse. Several women at the office have complained to me about it. I dislike it too.

So I decided to channel my anger into nudging our office culture back in the other direction by appealing to coworker's survival/job security needs with my professional email, and play the dumb dominance game.

And it worked like a charm.

---

This also brings up other stuff for me, related to me "shirking responsibility" by being an underachiever. I feel like I felt inferior for all the wrong reasons. Rejecting power doesn't absolve us of responsibility to use power well. In fact, it just tolerates and therefore enables abuses of power.

A better world is one where power is cultivated in everyone, alongside empathy and kindness.

---

My job is to let go of fears about personal achievement and worthiness, and focus on being the best physical, mental, emotional vessel for whatever the more evolved me has in store.

---

Saturn and Mars. I've been lifting heavy weights.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 am

I was aways semishocked at how males talk to each other.
The insults and name calling...the dares and challenges...the blunt cutting observations of behaviors.
It seemed mean and heartless and egoical and counterproductive to people getting along.
Im a woman though born for cooperation and sharing because biologically that is what is needed to raise a child.
I dont see the taunting and name calling as shocking anymore. Its not personal. Its a subtle way to push a person to push back and be stronger and keep going.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am

It's cultural. Men don't have to act that way.

And I'm sure it's fine and harmless in some contexts--in fact, my friends and I will be say mean things to each other, teasingly.

We just don't use slurs based on gender/race/orientation/etc., and that's not "work mode"

Anyways, I'm glad I said something, because now I feel more self respect, and I'm glad he looked scared, because I want him to think before he speaks, so his co-workers have less to deal with
😆

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:09 am

Whew! The first have of the SLR was intense! :D

The combination of the Mars energy, plus a Ju-90-Me transit and a Ju-45-Ma transit made for a really hot weekend! :twisted:

It has also felt super easy to find motivation to lift weights, clean my house, build healthy habits, get up early, be super productive at work.

New Demilunar set up at 5:24am
t. Ur-0-IC 3*04'
r. Sa-90-AC 1*19'
Which continues the SLRs r. Sa themes of caution, practicality, work. I imagine the Uranus will set up the counterpoint to routines and healthy restriction, with a pull toward rebellion and adventure. But I don't see those forces necessarily need to be at odds--it seems like I can have more adventures if I keep up healthy routines.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:21 am

Previous SLR/DLR Results:

SLR 16JAN
r. Sa-0-MC 3*18'
t. Ma-0-AC 3*28'
t/r Mo-0-MC 6*39'
DLR30JAN
t. Ur-0-IC 3*04'
r. Sa-90-AC 1*19'
A very lusty month, with moderate feeling of work pressure, and sense of not *yet* measuring up in a few ways, but of growing, and making progress.

New SLR set up yesterday afternoon.
r. Ne-0-AC 4*26'
t. Su-0-MC 6*03'

t. Su-90-r. Ur 0*29'
Which seems like a no big deal SLR, based on angularity. A little extra sensitive (channeled into practicing music, and focusing on the emotional expressiveness of it) and a little extra attention for it.

I have a show coming up in Eugene on the 18th, which is a little travel/break of routine, and then a big show in town on the 23rd.

The DLR on the 26FEB sounds more intense:
t. Me-0-MC 0*41'
t. Su-0-MC 0*56'
r. Ve-0-IC 1*38'
t. Ma-0-DC 2*54'
r. Sa-90-DC 1*33'

t. Me-0-t. Su 1*37'
t. Me-180-r. Ve 1*07'
t. Su-180-r. Ve 2*44'
t. Ma-90-r. Sa 5*27'
Communication/business focused. Possible work trip and promotion. I should do some writing or composing. Words will flow. Possible new romance. Sexual passion. Relationship security issues highlighted.