Solar Arc Directions

General Discussion on Transit & Progression matters for which a specific forum does not exist
SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: Solar Arc Directions

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 am

Jim wrote:
That would be valuable to us all if you could obtain those. If I get the chance, I'll approach Phillip separately.
If you make contact with him tell him I PM him weeks ago on the Skyscript forum. When your original Solunars forum went down temporarily and was out of service, both Phillip and I were very active on the Skyscript forum, but I have not been active at all on Skyscript since your original Solunars forum came back online. If we can get Firebrace past issues on Spica, consider it done, I will get em for us.

Jim wrote:
I know in 1972 Firebrace suggested to me that Solar Arcs would be a worthwhile subject for me to take up as a research project.
Jim, there would be no better astrologer on this planet than you to take-up a research project on Solar Arcs!!!! I know this: When I was an active member on Skyscript, I started a thread about your book, ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’ and it received the most hits ever of any topic on Skyscript. There are a-lot of astrologers on Skyscript—not Siderealists-- but if you ever get a chance to do a research project on Solar Arcs, I think all astrologers across the world would be very interested in an online research project by you on Solar Arcs. I am very curious how many of Noel Tyl’s books on “Solar Arcs” sold. Would this type info be available from the publisher??? IMO, I consider the knowledge and discovery of individual Solar Arcs up there with the same importance as Cyril Fagan re-discovering the Sidereal Zodiac, along with Bradley’s rectifying the equal divisions of the Sidereal Zodiac with Sidereal Ingresses. All three of these discoveries are equally important for all astrologers, imo, which personally I consider the 3 most important discoveries in the 20th Century (Period). I will support you in any way I can on a possible research project by you on Solar Arcs. :)

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Solar Arcs in USA 7/4/1776 chart

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:59 am

I thought I'd run some events for the USA chart. The list below is stunning. Nearly every example approaches perfection, and the exact (within a few minutes) angle contacts confirm the birth time is exactly right.

And then there is a strange group - generally the largest and most obvious events in U.S. history (Nixon and Kennedy assassinations, Pearl Harbor, 9/11) that have nothing, or virtually nothing! This is confusing... but the others are so clear that it wouldn't seem to be a weakness in the chart itself. (My best guess is that it is a weakness in Solar Arcs per se.)

Solar Arcs in USA 7/4/1776 chart

Beirut embassy bombing 4/18/1983
d Mars conj r IC 29'
d Venus conj. r Pluto 10'

Oklahoma City bombing 4/19/1995
d Uranus conj. r IC 19'
t Mars conj. r Pluto 44'

Tree Mile Island Nuclear Disaster 3/28/1979
d Neptune sq. r Sun 02'
d Venus op. r Mercury 41'
d Jupiter conj. r Pluto 55'
(I take the Neptune direction as the main one, with the other two perhaps showing that this came out way better than it might have.)

1929 Wall Street Crash
(This one is stunningly inadequate.)
d Moon conj. r Mercury 20'
Going to the 45° we get much better:
d Sun ssq. r Pluto 01'
d Mars sqq. r Jupiter 46'

Great Chicago Fire & Peshtigo Fire 10/8/1871
d Sun conj. r Saturn 26', sq. r MC 23'
d Asc conj. r IC 02', sq. r Saturn 51'
d Mars conj. r Neptune 56'
d Venus sq. r Jupiter 55'

California Gold Rush began 1/24/1848
d Asc sq. r Neptune 04'
d Pluto sq. r Jupiter 29'
d Mercury sq. r Venus 15'
d Sun sq. r Mars 43', conj. r Neptune 28'

Woodstock 8/15/69
d SUn op. r Mercury 12'
d Neptune sq. r Venus 32'
d Mars op. r Venus 39'
d Venus op. r Sub 41', sq. r Asc 17'
d Asc sq. r Mercury 12'
d MC conj. r Plut 58'
d Venus sq. r Saturn 59'

Abraham Lincoln murdered 4/15/1865
Nothing! - Shockingly nothing (and it was essentially the same date as the end of the Civil War). Adding the 45° series also gies nothing.

John Kennedy murdered 11/22/1963
Nothing again! - This time, though, the 45° series helps:
d Moon ssq. r Saturn 28'

San Francisco Quake 4/18/1906
d Uranus sq. r MC 06', conj. r Saturn 43'
d Mars sq. r Pluto 17'

Northridge Quake 1/17/1994
d Uranus sq. r Saturn 07', op. r MC 56'
d Mars conj. r Pluto 33'
d Neptune sq. r Pluto 38'

Freedom 7 Launch (first U.S. man in sace) 5/5/1961
d Sun op. r MC 02', sq. r Saturn 51'
t Venus op. r Jupiter 30'
d Mercury conj. r Pluto 44'

Friendship 7 Launch (first U.S. orbit) 2/20/62
(Much the same but with improved)
d Mercury conj. r Pluto 04'
d Venus op. r Jupiter 18'
d Sun op. r MC 51'

Moon Landing 7/20/69
d Asc sq. r Mercury 08'
d Venus sq. r Asc 13', op. r Sun 37'
d Sun conj. r Mercury 16'
d Netune sq. r Venus 27'
d Mars op. r Venus 44'

Waco Siege 4/19/93
d Neptu e sq. r Pluto 08'
d Uranus sq. r Asx 23', sq. r Sun 47', sq. r Saturn 53'

Shuttle Challenger Explosion 1/28/86
d Moon sq. r Mars 39', conj. r Neptune 31'
d Uranus op. r Jupiter 43'

9/11 - 9/11/2001
Nothing! - Adding the 45° series, though, we get:
d Saturn ssq. r Sun 10'
d Neptune ssq. r Mars 19'

Pearl Harbor 12/7/1941
Again...NOTHING. (Strangely, lack of 0 / 90 / 180 has been for the really big things: Lincoln and Kennedy murders, Pearl Harbor, 9/11.) Going to 45° series gives us one thing line:
d Moon ssq. r Mars 43'

Hiroshima (& roughly end of WW II) 8/6/45
d Neptune sq. r Uranus 01'
d Jupiter sq. r Neptune 03'
d Pluto sq r Asc 30', sq. r Saturn 46', conj. r Sun 54'
d MC op. r Venus 46'

Trump's Election
d Neptune ssq. r Jupiter 16' sep.
d Mercury op. r Neptune 36' sep.
d Sun ssq. r Pluto 42' ap.
-- d Saturn sqq. r Pluto 59' sep
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Jim, I have a question which you are the only astrologer I know for a correct answer.

The question: Only at the Equator is it possible to measure accurately both in time or in arc degrees, 24 hours corresponding to the 360 degrees of the circle.

True or False?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:36 pm

SteveS wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:04 pm
The question: Only at the Equator is it possible to measure accurately both in time or in arc degrees, 24 hours corresponding to the 360 degrees of the circle. True or False?
I'm not sure I understand the question. (I think the gap in my understanding is: Measure accurately What?)

Any circle is divisible into 360° or into 24 parts as hours (or, actually, into any number of divisions). For example, the latitude 34° North is a circle that consists of 360° or 24 hours.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks Jim.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:46 pm

Something I haven't said... nobody seems to mention this... Solar Arcs may not exist as a form of directions in the same way that progressions exist. There may not really be anything like "Solar Arc directions" per se. The system may be entirely a consequence of midpoints giving the appearance that there are directed planets.

Here is the math: We calculate the Solar Arc position of a planet by first subtracting natal Sun from secondary progressed Sun, then adding this to the natal planet. We can write it this way:

pSun - rSun + rPlanet = dPlanet

That is, progressed Sun minus natal (radical) Sun plus some natal (radical) planet equals the directed planet.

Now we just manipulate the equation a bit:

Rearrange: rPlanet + pSun - rSun = dPlanet
Add rSun to both sides: rPlanet + pSun = dPlanet + rSun
Divide both sides by 2: rPlanet / pSun = dPlanet / rSun

In other words: the midpoint of the natal planet and progressed Sun is exactly equal to the midpoint of the directed planet and natal Sun.

This math is true even if there is no such thing as a directed planet. It's possible that the solar arc directed planets are just place holders for the outcome of the equation rPlanet + pSun - r Sun = X.

A real life example: My directed Moon is currently opposite natal Venus. We calculate directed Moon by the formula rMoon + pSun - rSun = dMoon. Because directed Moon is currently equal to natal Venus, that's just another way of discovering the time when:

rMoon + pSun - rSun = rVenus

This doesn't require that there be an actual directed Moon. It may just be a tactic for discovering that point in time when my natal Sun/Venus midpoint is the same as the midpoint of progressed Sun and natal Moon, a form of Moon/Sun = Sun/Venus.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:03 am

On Dec 21 2009, I had an exact Solar Arc Asc 180 Natal Mars

Here is how this Solar Arc angular Mars hit manifested. I was an independent contract delivery driver for a Company with a verbal agreement worked out with the manager of the Company to work at hours which made me the most $ with enjoyable hours. In the Autumn of 2009, the Company placed a new manager, replacing the manager which I had my verbal agreement. The new manager was a grade-a ----, and reduced my working hours to very unfavorable times. Me and the new manager got into a major argument and I walked out leaving a very enjoyable job and working relationship which I had with the previous manager. Bosses do make a difference.

Just as my SSR in 1984 offered superb/supporting planetary symbolism coinciding with my Solar Arc Mars Natal MC hit in Sept 1984, my 2009 SSR offered the same supporting angular Mars symbolism with the closest angular planets to my 2009 SSR:

SSR Moon 03,25 Asc; SSR Mars 05,15 SSR MC
Natal Mercury 03,40 SSR Asc; Natal Mars 04,10 SSR MC

But, the angular 2009 Mars Solar Arc MC hit was not near as bad emotionally as my angular 1984 Solar Arc Mars MC hit. Probably because in 1984-1985 my immediate environment involved many people who I enjoyed a long term working relationship, and the 2009 incident involved a total stranger who I only knew for a week. The closer the relationships in the environment, the more emotional pain involved with Mars disputes.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:50 am

It is somewhat rare to have an AA timed chart with a high profile public figure like Kamala Harris, who has been endorsed by high officials within her own political party with her rise in her political career, and now running for President of America. The astrological technique of Solar Arcs with the fathers of Cosmobiology is a big deal pertaining to timing important events in a lifetime, particularly when the Solar Arc involves a Natal Angle. During the Democratic Party's election process for a Presidential Candidate and election processes for President, Kamala has by far two of the most important Solar Arcs in her lifetime occurring. They are once-in-a-lifetime Solar Arc hits. They are:

1: Her Solar Arc Natal partile Full Moon is partile conjunct her Natal Ascendant.

Noel Tyl says from his book 'Solar Arcs' about the above Solar Arc:
Sun=AS; AS= Sun: Recognition, testing the identity through the reactions of others.
Moon=AS; AS=Moon: Focus on personal needs and relationships to fulfill them.
2: Her Solar Arc MC partile conjunct her partile Full Moon.

Noel Tyl says about this Solar Arc hit:
Sun=MC; MC=Sun: Ego recognition; potential glory; usually successful; fulfillment; Professional fulfillment; getting what one deserves.
Moon=MC; MC=Moon: One's strongest needs are out in the open public. Ego-consciousness alerts all one's senses.
Cosmobiologists look upon transits as the number 1 'trigger' for exciting/coloring a Solar Arc into operation, particularly an outer planet transit. It just so happens near the end of the Democratic Primaries mid-year 2020, t. Saturn partiles 90 Kamala's partile Natal Full Moon. Normally, an astrologer would look upon this important Saturn transit wired into her natal lights at this election time as a malefic transit symbolizing Kamala will not win her Party Presidential Candidate. We can certainly see with the two above important angular Solar Arc hits, Kamala's seeking public recognition for becoming President of the US. It will be interesting to track this Saturn transit for Kamala to see if Saturn fades Kamala with a solid defeat in the Democratic Primaries. I will re-visit this post when we know the outcome of the Democratic Primaries. If Kamala happens to win the Democratic Primaries, we are going to have to re-think what Saturn symbolism truly means for politicians winning elections.