Solar Arc Directions

General Discussion on Transit & Progression matters for which a specific forum does not exist
SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: Solar Arc Directions

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 pm

Jim wrote:
I'm sure my ketogenic diet during this whole time has helped most of these because it has kept inflammation very low.
Indeed, diet is very important. Also, as Noel wrote:
...above all, there will almost invariably be a major transit to trigger the suggestion of the Solar Arc
IMO, SSR's should also be included for possible "suggestions" of an angular Solar Arc hit. For my back injury it was the transits of Saturn & Pluto 180 my r Mars which triggered off my d MC 90 r Pluto.

Just notice for Freya and her most desired llife- developmentt of becoming pregnant: d Natal Asc partile 90 her r Jupiter--also will be in place for the birth of her child. :) A once in lifetime angular Solar Arc hit to her r Jupiter.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:03 pm

During this time, my blood pressure has come under control and remain stable within excellent range, my reduced heart output has returned to normal and stayed there, my colonoscopy was fine, my urologist is happy, my cardiologist is happy. And if we add Sagittarius bronchial stuff, my inflammation-fed bronchial issues are much better contained.
💗💗💗
This is wonderful!
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm

Steve, with the Pluto to Angle, I would not exclude any kind of Miraculous happening, in the realm of your physical health, during the time the progression aspect is active!

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:39 am

:) Thanks Danica,
I hope you are right. I should know pretty soon with an appointment with my neurologist after my MRI. I am convinced by talking to a couple of other seniors who had the exact same pain symptoms with the exact same motions as mine, robotic surgery will fix my pain problems.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:17 am

A close friend who last Thursday slipped and fell on his backdoor steps breaking 3 ribs:

Natal Moon 14,02 Tau
D ASC 13,02 Tau
D EP 14,25 Tau
t. Mars 13,41 Tau

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed May 05, 2021 5:14 am

This past Monday, I received critical information from the neurosurgeon about by back injury which has allowed me to make important decisions, and has allowed me to see/understand more how I must adapt to a major once in a life time Solar Arc “life development” involving my d MC 90 r Pluto. At my age (74), and the geometry of my Natal Chart, d MC is in my 12 House 90 r Pluto in my 9th House.

Here is what’s happening relative to my back injury: It is confining (12th House symbolism) me in my home (a true sanctuary) due to my back injury. I can’t drive my car long distances nor engage in my regular seasonal outdoor activities, major bummer! So, since this is what the Universe has served-up and I have no choice but to adapt, I have made a final decision to take-up a new indoor hobby, and growing indoors what I consider a true medicine. Since my r Pluto is in my 9th House, I want to mediate on 9th House symbolism mainly pertaining to “higher knowledges” (9th House) for potentially allowing this medicine to help elevate benefic moods and possibly reduce the pain levels I am experiencing with my confining back injury. It’s good to have a plan after a major bummer life cycle manifests in your life. :)

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 am

Oh Steve I am just so excited for you to take up gardening/growing/cultivating! It is the most rewarding, and challenging and nurturing and disappointing and exciting endeavor, it has everything under the sun!!

If I may though, I'd like to present the idea that what you are calling 9th house "higher knowledge " is possibly a misnomer, as you will find out attempting to grow indoors in a controlled environment that which arose from the combination of forces in its " chaotic and wild" environment. The itty bitty little things make the difference.

I found the saddest dying african violet at a hardware store and I couldn't let it die. This was years ago when I separated from Eric. Today it is the most beautiful, huge, thriving, vibrant plant...at least a foot across, fed love water sunshine and hope. I have gotten so much joy and fulfillment tending and propagating and sharing them, I have 7 different types now!! I scored a blue one last week, they just come my way these sad little neglected lifeforms, so I just love em as best I know.

But, my plants are not true african violets,
wild african violets have a struggle that mine dont, and an interrelationship with Africa/environment.
My plants are sensitive and vulnerable to things because they are specimens. Isolated.
In growing things it is vital to understand the lower knowledge of composting and balancing.
Have fun with it, it sounds wonderful!

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon May 10, 2021 6:40 am

Veronica wrote:
If I may though, I'd like to present the idea that what you are calling 9th house "higher knowledge” is possibly a misnomer, as you will find out attempting to grow indoors in a controlled environment that which arose from the combination of forces in its “chaotic and wild" environment.
I understand V. I have grown outdoor gardens in the past and it will be a challenge for me to grow indoors. I am very interested in the possible “higher knowledges/learnings” for growing indoors a possible medicine pertaining to help me alleviate certain conditions with my back injury, particularly in regards to pain issues. I have done immense research with this possible medicine and am very interested in it for possible “higher knowledges/learning” from a shamanistic standpoint with certain cultures past & present. Since I am under a major “life development” with Solar Arc MC 90 my natal Pluto in the 9th House, I am most interested in experimenting with this possible medicine pertaining to 9th House symbolism as it applies relative to my life now. There is not much academic “science” with this medicine, only worldwide usage from a “citizen science” (word of mouth) standpoint. I am most interested in the art symbols left by ancient cultures pertaining to this possible medicine. I have PM you a link pertaining to this.
The itty bitty little things make the difference.
Yes, indeed!

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon May 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Phil Mickelson, a professional golfer did something “stunning/remarkable” (Pluto) yesterday by winning the PGA Major Golf championship at the age of 50, becoming the oldest golfer in the history of golf and “first” (Pluto) player in his 50’s to win a Major. He was under a once in a lifetime Solar Arc of:
Solar Arc MC 00,46 Virgo partile conjunct Natal Pluto 00,23 Virgo
Ebertin from COSI says about this combo:
Desire to become important, the power to attain success in life, ability to maintain one’s position in life. Fame. People excelling in their particular profession or occupation. Attainment of recognition and power. Inclination to look upon one’s vocation or calling as a mission.
AA Birth: June 16 1970; 3:45 PM PDT; San Diego, California; 32N42,55; 117W09,23

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Wed May 26, 2021 11:54 pm

SteveS wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:29 pm
Phil Mickelson, a professional golfer did something “stunning/remarkable” (Pluto) yesterday by winning the PGA Major Golf championship at the age of 50, becoming the oldest golfer in the history of golf and “first” (Pluto) player in his 50’s to win a Major. He was under a once in a lifetime Solar Arc of:
Solar Arc MC 00,46 Virgo partile conjunct Natal Pluto 00,23 Virgo
Ebertin from COSI says about this combo:
Desire to become important, the power to attain success in life, ability to maintain one’s position in life. Fame. People excelling in their particular profession or occupation. Attainment of recognition and power. Inclination to look upon one’s vocation or calling as a mission.
AA Birth: June 16 1970; 3:45 PM PDT; San Diego, California; 32N42,55; 117W09,23
Excellent example!
This is an cca two-years-long operating factor; I’m sure the transits to rx and the s.p. and Lunars and other shorter-term charts would show the specifics of “why now” within the wider framework of the 1* orb of the Sol. Arc progression time!

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu May 27, 2021 4:09 am

Danica wrote:
This is an cca two-years-long operating factor; I’m sure the transits to rx and the s.p. and Lunars and other shorter-term charts would show the specifics of “why now” within the wider framework of the 1* orb of the Sol. Arc progression time!
Yes, I agree. Where we Sidereal Astrologers are somewhat limited is we never know where one's
(public figures) SSR & SLR occur. Mickelson's Natal chart also featured a Sun partile 90 Pluto and we can easily see his Solar Arc MC exciting his most important Natal Aspect off in such a late age of his career. Since we calculate major life-developments Solar Arcs with the location of birth, we don't need to know specific locations for computing major Solar Arc hits.

Ebertin in COSI says for the "Principle" of Sun-Pluto combos:
Power of attainment.
We are probably looking at the crowning achievement of Mickelson's Career with this major Solar Arc MC to his Natal Pluto timing this most unlikely win of a Major Championship.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun May 30, 2021 2:38 am

A few keywords for 9th House Symbolism:
…higher knowledge or education.
My Solar Arc MC is nearing exact 90 to my Natal Pluto in my 9th House, a once in a lifetime major Pluto Solar Arc Direction. In the past several weeks I have come into contact with Terence McKenna’s work, allowing me “higher” understandings “knowledge/education” to implement a profound healing alternative into my life. Once in lifetime 0, 90,180 Solar Arcs involving our Natal angles and Sidereal Solar Returns are the two most important astrological systems I have encountered in my 40 years of studying astrology.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:22 am

Interesting :)

Well, I see that d. Pluto has just hit the 2° orb opposite n. Moon. Since my Pluto is always closely tied with my Ven-Jup I suppose this may have to do with deep love connection. D. Sun is about to hit the 2°orb conj. n. Pluto.

T. Pluto is partile conj. my Nnode, so I guess I will have to expect some kind of turbulence or disruption with that going on - or perhaps someone close to me will die. I don't know.

There are so many connections happening in my solar arcs right now - interesting times. :)

D. Jup will hit the 2° orb opposite n. Mer in January and then it will square n. Moon next May so I'm hoping that will show up as a lot more success in selling my artwork. In the meanwhile d. Nep is still in orb with n. MC (not for relocation though) and d. Sun is partile sq n. Venus while d. Uranus is partile n. Nep so it keeps my creative juices flowing in boundless and effortless motion. Discovering and growing my creative spirit is just soooo much fun. :D

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:25 am

Arena wrote:
There are so many connections happening in my solar arcs right now - interesting times. :)
:) Indeed, I noted that to myself several months ago when I looked at your Solar Arc hits. You will look back on your life years from now and realize even more how important this time frame was for your life. Enjoy as much as you can about all aspects of life.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:54 pm

A short video of Monica Abbott:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_grkUCUEOzs

Monica was born with a partile 90 of Mars-Pluto. Noel Tyl (RIP) taught us when our Natal Planets Solar Arc to Natal Angles partile or Solar Arc Angles to Natal Planets partile, major life developments are timed. It just so happens Monica's Natal partile 90 of Mars-Pluto is Solar Arc partile conjunct her Natal ASC & Natal Nadir, and she just so happens to be in the Olympics striving for a Gold Metal :) . I am so pulling for this power-packed 6-3 woman to win the gold medal for her team as a starting pitcher in a possible gold medal game. She has a fast ball of 77 mile per hour, the fastest fast ball known for a woman softball pitcher, equated to a man's fastball in the major leagues it would be over 100 miles per hour! She is a Super Woman! Can you only imagine the physical effort it takes for her to rise to the top of her sport by possibly winning a gold medal for her team as a starting pitcher? Lets go to Ebertin's great book "Combination of Stellar Influences and read what he has to say about positive Mars-Pluto Combos:
Principle: Superhuman power.
Psychological Correspondence: The ability to demonstrate extraordinary force and vigor, great self-confidence, obsessive about work, great ambition.
Sociological Correspondence: ...great people in the sphere of sport.
Probable Manifestation: Attainment of success through excessive effort.
*Footnoted: In prominent charts this combination can mean exceptional ability.
It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the possibilities of a gold medal for her and the profound language of astrology at display here with her Natal Chart and this important Solar Arc of Mars-Pluto firing off in her life on her Natal ASC. "Timing is Everything"
*Monica's Natal info in the the Sports Astrology thread posted today.

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:45 pm

It's very strange. Solar Arcs have never been that strong in important life events for me.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:20 am

Venus wrote:
It's very strange. Solar Arcs have never been that strong in important life events for me.
Yes, very strange. May be an indication your birthtime was recorded wrong. A four minute error in birthtime throws Solar Arc angles and Natal angles off by 1 year in time. What is your source for your birth time?

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:44 pm

Birth certificate.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:44 am

Venus, what have been your most recent 0, 90, 180 Solar Arc hits involving your Natal Angles?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:56 am

SteveS wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:44 am
Venus, what have been your most recent 0, 90, 180 Solar Arc hits involving your Natal Angles?
Steve, here are a few:

d Asc = r Jupiter (9/2017) and Venus (5/2019)
This was potentially an interesting patch because her Venus-Jupiter square is 1°42' wide, meaning d Asc never left a 1° orb of one or the other benefics from [estimated] 9/2016 to 6/2020.

d Pluto = r Asc (1/2016)

d Asc = r Neptune (1/2013)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 am

Thanks Jim, Venus, what happened in your life with the dates Jim offered?

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:16 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:56 am
SteveS wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:44 am
Steve, here are a few:

d Asc = r Jupiter (9/2017) and Venus (5/2019)
This was potentially an interesting patch because her Venus-Jupiter square is 1°42' wide, meaning d Asc never left a 1° orb of one or the other benefics from [estimated] 9/2016 to 6/2020.

d Pluto = r Asc (1/2016)

d Asc = r Neptune (1/2013)
Wow, in 2013, I was trying to come off opioid medication and didn't do it until late summer 2014. 2016 was a particularly bad time financially, and within that year after my birthday, I was in two vehicular accidents. 9/2017, I don't remember anything too positive happening. On 5/2019 (5/3) I was admitted to nursing school for a second time, but this time, I actually attended.

Maybe, I just haven't happen been paying that much attention to my Solar Arcs.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:11 am

Venus wrote:
Maybe, I just haven't happen been paying that much attention to my Solar Arcs.
I understand Venus. 0, 90, 180 Solar Arcs involving our primary Natal Angles (MC, ASC) are once in a lifetime events with our Natal Planets. These lifetime events are slow developing but will never be forgotten in a lifetime with retrospection. These type Solar Arcs with our Angles can occur in two ways, one with a Solar Arc Angle directed to a Natal Planet, or with a Solar Arc Planet directed to a Natal Angle.

In 1987 my life was involved with my MC directed to a conjunction with my Neptune. I had learned about the importance of Solar Arcs from Robert Hand years previously before 1987—so was very aware of the Planetary Symbolism (Neptune) going on in my life in 1987. Never in my life had I gone through so much confusion and deception in my entire life in 1987, my career and financial well-being were at stake. It just so happen I was working with a high grade psychic in 1987 desperately trying to work my way through this most confused time in my life. At the time I was about to give-up-- the psychic told me this very painful/confused time in my life was going to present me with a once in a lifetime financial opportunity and it happened. I was practically given an old closed down Theater and somehow with long working hours brought this Theater back to life with financial successes. My life’s dream came true! For the first time in my life, I became an Independent Theater Owner with all kinds of new born freedoms.

My main point here is: All of our once in a lifetime Solar Arc hits manifest within the context of our immediate environment happening at that time in our lifetime, and also within the context of the structures of our Natal’s. IMO, Solar Arcs have much to do with our fates manifested within the environment we were born into. Solar Arcs involving our Natal Angles are important timing factors for our lifetimes.

Venus_Daily
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Venus_Daily » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Thank You, Steve. I appreciate your help and that of Jim's. Sometimes, I just feel like my own astrological manifestations are underwhelming. I had Directed Uranus conjunct my natal moon on July 18th, and I didn't notice anything at all. Next major aspect is Directed Venus Conjunct Saturn. Then, in 2024, I have Directed Venus conjunct my natal Sun/Moon Midpoint, which corresponds to an SSR that has a close moon/venus conjunction. This is followed by a 2025 SSR with a moon/venus opposition on the MC/IC. I would maybe like a child by then, but I've slowly learned not to expect too much out of life.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:52 am

Venus wrote:
I just feel like my own astrological manifestations are underwhelming.
I understand Venus. Most of our life, not just you, are ho-hum everyday living. You must understand on this forum we are constantly posting charts with important events happening to famous people. And then occasionally I post when an eventful return chart calculates an important incident for me relative to my life with its immediate environments.
Venus wrote:
I had Directed Uranus conjunct my natal moon on July 18th, and I didn't notice anything at all.
Never forget, you have to look at Solar Arcs in the context of a two year time frame allowing partile 1 degree (1 year) approaching and 1 year separating aspects. Noel Tyl taught a careful analysis of outer planet transits and secondary progressed moon aspects will many time narrow the time frame down to when the main symbolism of Solar Arcs manifest, and if none of these exists the Solar Arc may not manifest. But, Solar Arcs involving our Natal Angles are the main life developing times for our lives.
Venus wrote:
Then, in 2024, I have Directed Venus conjunct my natal Sun/Moon Midpoint.
In all the material I have studied about Solar Arcs—this would be a very low priority Solar Arc to consider. Again, the main Solar Arcs I consider for major life developments are the ones involving my Natal Angles.
Venus wrote:
…but I've slowly learned not to expect too much out of life.
Yes, again, don’t get fooled by all the major events posted on this forum with other people. Most of life is like I said---ho-hum normal everyday living. Try to make the best out of life as you can and enjoy as much as you can the things which pleases your soul, most of the time these are the simple things in life.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm

Steve, an example you probably haven't seen, that I thought you'd enjoy seeing. Solar Arcs for Donald Bradley on his death April 25, 1974. Don't miss the orb on the last one (or, for that matter, the first one)!

16°13' Ari - d Asc
16°15' Lib - r Saturn

2°37' Sag - r MC
3°04' Sag - d Saturn

18°05' Gem - p/d Sun
18°13' Gem - r Pluto

15°13' Aqu - d Jupiter
15°13' Aqu - r Moon

While all of these are appropriate (Jupiter is not rare for death, particularly at the end of long terminal illness), it does seem that the event itself was shown by those directions involving an angle (and perhaps one can add Sun), and then the rest filled out the event.

There were no significant Moon progressions. Progressed Sun, of course, is the same as directed Sun and had the important aspect listed above. No other significant progressions jump out at me.

Transiting Jupiter was then exactly in the same place as directed Jupiter - on natal Moon - at 15°57' Aquarius. Other transits include t Neptune sq. r Moon 0°53' (the long disease aspect, now fading to be replaced by Jupiter) and t Pluto sq. r Mars 0°05'.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:53 pm

BTW - not sure if I ever mentioned this - my theory of why solar arcs work at all is that it is a consequence of extraordinarily powerful midpoint / planetary picture structures arising out of secondary progressions. Since the formula of, say, Bradley's d Asc = r Saturn above is a standard three-part equation such as Uranian astrologers (and some Cosmobiologists) use:

p Sun - r Sun + r Asc = r Saturn

This is the same as:

p Sun + r Asc = r Sun + r Saturn
or
pSun/rAsc = rSun/rSaturn

In other words, solar arc aspects are ALWAYS cases where a natal Sun-planet midpoint is exactly contacting another midpoint formed by progressed Sun and another natal planet.

If this is true, then it opens the way to a technique nobody has ever used to my knowledge, one that moves faster than Solar Arcs: The technique is Lunar Arcs. (This is all theoretical.) In other words, distance from natal to progressed MOON added to all points. (This would work on the same theory I gave above about why Solar Arcs work. I did one test only: For when Marion and I got together, my Lunar Arc Sun conjoined natal Venus within a couple of minutes.

Using the event of Bradley's death as another example, there is one aspect of serious interest:
LA d Neptune co. r Sun 34'.

It's a theory.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 am

Impressive directions for Bradley's death Jim. I think it was C.E.O. Carter who said the best indicators for death is a pile-up of malefic directions. Very interesting Jim about your LA directions theory. Most new discoveries come from the birth of a theory.

mikestar13
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by mikestar13 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 pm

When I get around to the progressions directions module of Astro, I can add lunar arc directions (marked as experimental) as an option. Both SA and LA are derived from secondary progressions. I wonder if directions based on tertiary or minor progressions have any validity? They could also be offered as experimental options. I expect to have lots of toys for the advanced user.
Time matters

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:11 pm

Cool.

BTW, at least on average, solar arc from Terts are the same as Lunar Arc from Secondaries.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:37 pm

mikestar wrote:
I expect to have lots of toys for the advanced user.
8-) :)