C.o.L. Method of timing events

General Discussion on Transit & Progression matters for which a specific forum does not exist
Danica
Irish
Irish

C.o.L. Method of timing events

Post by Danica » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Step 1: The potential for the event needs to be present in the natal chart.
Step 2: A secondary progression forms within 1°. This is the only aspect that is eventually interpreted.
Step 3: A "minor progression" - meaning, what I call Quarternaries, or month for a year - must contact the secondary progression within 1°. This is reinforcing, i.e., it adds no symbolism but, so to speak, cocks the gun.
Step 4: A transit within 1° triggers this, i.e., pulls the trigger. Again, it adds no symbolism, it merely triggers the secondary progression.

Take it for what it's worth. Experiment to your heart's content.

FWIW, you presently have no "minor progressions" at 5° anything unless we count your North Node (Church of Light would have counted this). At 4°36' Virgo, it has been retrograding across the 2° range where it trines-sextiles your Mercury-Pluto. It leaves that aspect in early July. I'm not overly excited about this :)
How is the “potential for the event present in the natal” defined?
I.e. would my natal be considered as having Sun-Jupiter, or Sun-Uranus event potential ?
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: C.o.L. Method of timing events

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm

Danica wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 am
This would be defined according to the school of astrology - remember, these rules were specifically from Church or Light. So, for example, my chart would show the potential of dying in a car accident because the ruler of my 8th house (Venus) is debilited in my 3rd house, partile square Pluto.

But we, of course, would approach this differently. :) A rule of thumb would be if your natal aspects (for example) showed that type of event in the Probable Manifestations of CSI.
I.e. would my natal be considered as having Sun-Jupiter, or Sun-Uranus event potential ?
As originally intended, it would be much more specific than this and not necessarily tied into the same planets. For example, if the Sun-Jupiter or Sun-Uranus event were to be sudden wealth, the closest showing would be simply that you have Jupiter-Uranus rising - highly prone to Jupiter-Uranus themed events your whole life. Since your Sun is in the 5th house, they would expect it would come from gambling.

OTOH if there were reason to interpret it negatively (say, perhaps, because it was "an evil square") then it would probably be phrased "sudden change of fortune" and expected to be sudden losses. The native potential for this, they would say, would be shown not necessarily by anything to do with Jupiter or Uranus per se, but with the fact that you have Sun opposite Saturn, with Saturn the (Tropical Placidus) ruler of your 2nd house.

That's the sort of thing they meant. The "native potential" would be actually where the details come from. It's not "native potential for a theme" (as from an aspect) so much as native potential for a specific event.

Now, coming back to sanity <g>, it's hard to think that any type of Jupiter and Uranus themed event would be unlikely for your chart.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:49 pm
Danica wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 am
This would be defined according to the school of astrology - remember, these rules were specifically from Church or Light. So, for example, my chart would show the potential of dying in a car accident because the ruler of my 8th house (Venus) is debilited in my 3rd house, partile square Pluto.

But we, of course, would approach this differently. :) A rule of thumb would be if your natal aspects (for example) showed that type of event in the Probable Manifestations of CSI.
As originally intended, it would be much more specific than this and not necessarily tied into the same planets. For example, if the Sun-Jupiter or Sun-Uranus event were to be sudden wealth, the closest showing would be simply that you have Jupiter-Uranus rising - highly prone to Jupiter-Uranus themed events your whole life. Since your Sun is in the 5th house, they would expect it would come from gambling.

OTOH if there were reason to interpret it negatively (say, perhaps, because it was "an evil square") then it would probably be phrased "sudden change of fortune" and expected to be sudden losses. The native potential for this, they would say, would be shown not necessarily by anything to do with Jupiter or Uranus per se, but with the fact that you have Sun opposite Saturn, with Saturn the (Tropical Placidus) ruler of your 2nd house.
:lol:
Now, coming back to sanity <g>, it's hard to think that any type of Jupiter and Uranus themed event would be unlikely for your chart.

Well then, we have the opportunity to test it pretty soon! :D

1/24 - 25
s.p. Ju 11*28' Sc
s.p. Su 12*12' Ta
s.p. Ur 12*37' Sc

m.p. Mo
11*39' Ta on 1/24
12*33' Ta on 1/25

t Pl oct s.p. Sun 48', oct s.p. Ju 04' on 1/24

But there's also another, and with a different theme, during the same time:

my s.p. Moon came to conj. s.p. Neptune and oct r Mars, and on 1/24 Moon is at 3*16' Sag, Neptune at 3*55' Sag; minor progressed Venus is 02*18' Sag (then moves on about 6' per day), and at 6 PM on t Moon is at 3*53' Vir, t Chiron 3*51' Pis

I don't know if they would take into account the Pluto oct as a valid transiting trigger, but the aspect is there (I definitely feel it working! t Pluto oct s.p.Sun).

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm

For the second case, s.p. Moon and s.p. Neptune (and to r Mars), the potential in the natal:
- angular Neptune
- Sun on the Moon-Neptune midpoint

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:02 pm

I suppose I might as well play, too.

The non-lunar secondary progressed aspects I currently have in partile orb sometime in 2019 are a follows (excluding some outer-to-outer aspects):

Sun Sqr Mon Sp-Na
Mer Sqq Jup Sp-Sp (until 2/28)
Ven Cnj Sat Sp-Sp
Plu Sqr Ven Sp-Na
Mar SSq Mar Sp-Na (beginning 7/17)

Picking progressed Sun square natal Moon, I search for times when non-lunar "minor progressions" are within 1° aspect to my natal Moon. I get these:

Sun Sqq Mon Mp-Na 1/1-1/5
Jup Tri Mon Mp-Na ALL YEAR
Mar Opp Mon Mp-Na 10/22-12/3

This is too easy, since P4 Jupiter trines my Moon all year. All it takes in that case is any transit at all to my natal Moon.

Let's try instead (harder to calculate) p Venus conj. p Saturn. Progressed Saturn is the slower, mid-2019 it's at 22°19' Libra nd is only moving 0°06' all year, i.e., plus-minus 03' from that position. Using a couple of calculating tricks, let's see when Minor Progressions aspect this degree all year.

Mer Sqr Mon until 1/19
Sat SSq Mon until 9/24
Ura Sqr Mon until 12/9
Sun Sqr Mon 4/27-5/25

Again, too easy since Minor Progressed Saturn and Uranus make the aspect ALMOST all year. All I need is any transit to that degree before December 9.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com