Avi's Transits 2019

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
Avi's Transits 2019

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:42 pm

Note: As I've tracked my daily transits over the last year, I don't see a lot of value for the effort of tracking Mercury or Sun transits. I plotted out Mercury for the first half of the year, then gave up before plotting Sun transits. So there are no Sun transits in the image below.

I suspect there is more value in putting that energy toward lunar returns and progressions (which I have to learn about).

---

Anyways, it appears to me that Friday, February 22 is going to be a pivotal day.

Right now, I'm in the middle of a Pluto-Pluto square. I have been focused mainly on my career (kicking aff at a new position at work and enjoying it thoroughly), and secondly on this ambiguous friendship/flirtationship https://solunars.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2763

The flirtationship goes back and forth between hot makeouts in elevators and "you should probably just be my boyfriend" to "I'm never going to be in a relationship again/we will never XYX" capriciously.

I've decided--against all common sense, considering the partile conjunction of her Saturn to my MC--to keep open hearted and just hold space as best I can until September/October, when my last in this series of Pluto-Venus octiles returns.

Unfortunately, the Venus-Pluto square on Jan 26/27 resulted in distance instead of connection. The Mars opposition that hit my Sun, hit her moon, and I got insecure and made her mad. I predict things should ease up tomorrow. But we may be just (non-kissing) friends again.

Starting Feb 2, Saturn squares my Sun, (and therefore also squares her Moon), for the next 3 weeks. I know from having the Saturn-Moon transit last year that I just wanted people to be sweet and kind to me, but had a hard time asking for and accepting it. So I'll try to be extra caring. But she may not accept.

A complicating factor: In December she told me her favorite flowers were peonies, and in another conversation she said that she would love the attention of receiving Valentine's flowers at work. Peonies are out-of-season, so I ordered some special, in a custom arrangement, to be delivered with a short, sweet, anonymous note.

I've never been this extravagant.

I'm not sure it's a good idea. She got weird when I got her flowers a couple weeks ago, and then chilled out, was very grateful, and ended up making out with me a couple days later.

But the money is spent, and the flowers will be delivered, and we'll see.

---

So, that's a lot of preamble to something that matters a heckuva lot more to me than anyone else.

The meat: I see a pileup of transits on Feb 22.

The Pluto-Pluto square is exact Feb 12, but will still be strong. The Saturn-Sun opposition will be ending on Feb 22. Jupiter conjuncts my AC Feb 10-24, and my Neptune Feb 14-28. Venus squares Pluto. Mercury squares AC and Neptune. Mars octiles Neptune.

I'll be confused, overly optimistic, authentic, prone to misunderstanding and miscommunication. But I think it means that I need to lean in, with courage, to commit to whatever lies ahead, even if it means heartache or disappointment down the road.

Any advice for me?

Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Re: Avi's Transits 2019

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 pm

Yes, Saturn squares my Sun in February as well.

The good news is I've been ruling out or resolving one health issue after another and just got a clean report from the one doctor who was still worried about anything, so I'm not likely to get too blind-sided.

In the past, Saturn transits to my Sun have been strengthening in the sense that the universe expects 10 times out of me what it usually expects, I feel baffled how I could possibly manage, and then out of raw necessity I grow to meet it and leave stronger. From this came my aphorism that the best way to handle a bunch of overwhelming problems is to get a bigger problem.

I'm not sure I have the energy to do that the way I did in my 30s (or whatever. Of course, that could be the approach of Saturn's transit to my Sun.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes, that's how I've felt about Saturn for the last couple years.

It occurred to me the other day that her malefics to my chart, Saturn and Neptune, are the same ones in my natal. Which is why they feel so familiar.

I don't know *if* I can overcome Saturn. I certainly won't be able to every time, forever. But I can do my best, which is more than I imagine.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:12 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 pm
Yes, Saturn squares my Sun in February as well.

The good news is I've been ruling out or resolving one health issue after another and just got a clean report from the one doctor who was still worried about anything, so I'm not likely to get too blind-sided.

In the past, Saturn transits to my Sun have been strengthening in the sense that the universe expects 10 times out of me what it usually expects, I feel baffled how I could possibly manage, and then out of raw necessity I grow to meet it and leave stronger. From this came my aphorism that the best way to handle a bunch of overwhelming problems is to get a bigger problem.

I'm not sure I have the energy to do that the way I did in my 30s (or whatever. Of course, that could be the approach of Saturn's transit to my Sun.
My dad had a saying when anyone complained of a booboo.
"Would you like me to punch you in the nose?"
No said everybody, why would I want you to do that?
"Your nose would hurt so bad, youd forget about your little booboo"

I have always felt a strong love towards Saturn. It aspects my Venus. Its a beautiful planet with pretty rings around it. When I read and think of the hardships and trouble and challenges it can bring I remind myself that the first word used to describe Saturn is Law. As long as I keep that in mind as life is giving me a challenge I do ok.
I learned not to pray for strength because then I attract situations that challenge me. The idea being if I want to be strong the universe is going to give me situations to grow muscles. I pray to be loving now in situations that are challenging. The heart is after all the first muscle.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 am

Yes, these are good attitudes.

I'm definitely in a period of growth. I've been lifting weights, and getting bigger and stronger, and it just occurred to me that if heavy weights aren't Saturnine, I don't know what is.

Similar to Jim's aphorism, I've said about bicycling: "the best way to shrink a hill is to ride up bigger hills"

Thank you both for reminding me not to take the somber mindset too seriously. Seriously enough to do well, yes. But not so seriously as to be daunted.

I have a Saturn-Venus transit coming up March 16-June 15, so I'll keep your quote about the heart being the first muscle in mind, V.

I think people run away from difficulty because their afraid that their investment will not pay off, and will have gone to naught. But thinking about it from a growth perspective sidesteps that anxiety. Every day spent mindfully with difficulty adds to our ability to meet other challenges.

And some Jupiter Neptune might be handy for taking on daunting tasks. Maybe unreasonable optimism is just the shot of courage a person needs to get themselves in over their head, and be forced to learn how to swim.

Veronica
Sidereal Field Agent
Sidereal Field Agent

Post by Veronica » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:45 am

And some Jupiter Neptune might be handy for taking on daunting tasks. Maybe unreasonable optimism is just the shot of courage a person needs to get themselves in over their head, and be forced to learn how to swim.
Wow Bro that last paragraph hit accord with me, with my jupiter/ neptune conjunction aspected by my angular sun.

So many people point out my unresonable optimism, but it part of who I am. I do feel like I swim so deep chopy waters.

The universe doesnt play dice.
The universe wants you to succeed and is always on your side anything but is just an illusion. You can take that to the bank.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:15 pm

The Saturn Square my sun and my BFF-lady-friend's moon was a good challenge.

I had a cold, and work was busy. I did fine.
She injured her bicep tendon, and had to move, and did fine. She leaned on me for support, which I was happy to give.

We've had snuggly sleepovers and hot makeout sessions, but still aren't more than "friends, plus an indefinable something else" and haven't consummated our relationship. I'm letting her lead.

As of March 8, we are both in the thick of Pluto-Pluto squares, focusing on work and personal development. Neither of us is socializing too much, but we are enjoying time together. I feel comfortable, and not very anxious.

She also has a Neptune-Venus octile which is making her more romantically idealistic (beneath the surface)

Her Saturn partile conjunction to my MC is just a humorous ever-present reality. Every time we kiss or cuddle, she tells me we aren't dating and it's not going to happen again, and we're just friends. And then we kiss again. I believe that it's the current reality, and needs to be expressed, and may be true, but it's not really something I worry myself over.

Her current main concern/limitation is over us being coworkers, and I understand completely. You don't want to date a coworker openly unless you're sure it's a good idea, and apt to last. And it takes more than a couple months to feel sure.

Looking ahead, I notice that on the 15th (my daughter's birthday), she has a Uranus-Venus conjunction beginning, and I have Saturn-Venus octile.

It could go different ways. If we were in a staid relationship, and I behaved insecurely, I could see this as a sign of freedom for her and heartbreak for me. But we're not in a staid relationship, and I'm focusing on loving freely, and respecting her need for freedom.

So it could represent a time when she lets go of some of her concerns about being coworkers, and I feel an internal sense of commitment and growing duty as she goes through her heavy duty 4-month Pluto square (interesting side note: her Pluto-Pluto square began Feb 25, and she moved into her own apartment, sans roommate(s) on Feb 28. I moved into my own place, sans rommates, during my Pluto-Pluto square overture last April)

We'll see. I feel good about all this authenticity.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm

As usual, when I look at your reviews and reports I think: Isn't this stuff fun!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:24 pm

It is fun. Especially when I don't treat it as an anxiety-salvo of trying to predict the future, and instead think of it as a curiosity-piquer of previewing potential themes so I can embrace the future.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:26 pm

My Venus just got Saturned. It hurts but I hope to learn from it.

Lady friend and I had progressed to overnights and passionate foreplay. All last week we confessed to crushing hard for each other.

Then this weekend she got scared, it was moving too fast. So she popped the bubble, and then shamed me for having hurt feelings. I wasn't able to laugh off her mean rejection this time. She's got Uranus Venus and wants to be free, but projected cruelty outward because she couldn't face what she was doing.

I was shocked. It's ok to change one's mind, and it's ok to have hurt feelings. I was just surprised to see her go 180 and act so cruelly to me after having been tooth achingly sweet to me so recently.

In hindsight, I put up with a lot of toxic behavior because I was trying to be patient. I'd say that I should've been just friends for longer, but I was in love the whole time and I don't think we could've been just friends with our chemistry.

Saturn partile conjunct MC beat out partile Moon Sun conjunction this time.

I've got three months of the Saturn Venus. It doesn't sound like it will be a romantic time. I'll use it for practical/work stuff, and to see if I can mature in my approach to love.

Advice welcome.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm sorry it came down that way :( It's OK to feel knocked on your aff when you were.

As you said, she seems scared. In that sense, it's not about you. (I know it would suck for her to say that, but I think I can get away with saying it.)

There are other ways to use Saturn's transit to your Venus. (In fact, if you'd picked those - being distant, working too much, being unavailable - this likely wouldn't have happened like this. I'm not saying you should have picked them, but I think you can see that it would have led to a different result.)

Your February 22 Lunar Return was quite nice, with Jupiter rising in 0°09' mundane square to Moon on MC. Also, Jupiter on Neptune keeping you happily in the spell. Jupiter in the SLR is 0°02' from your natal Ascendant. Great start to the month!

Then your March 8 Demi-Lunar brought Saturn-Pluto to Descendant. (Pluto 2°57' below, Saturn 6°03' below.) Your Saturn is just pass IC, so I'm betting if I did the heavy math we'd find Saturn-Pluto mundanely square your natal Saturn. Not a good fortnight for relationships.

Your next Lunar Return, March 21, continues with the Saturn-Pluto (especially Pluto) plus some Uranus. There's a secondary strong factor for sex but not anything that suggests closeness. More like withdrawing for a while. (Your Pluto is on IC squared by the Saturn-Pluto.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Thank you, and you're right.

That's an interesting observation about the use of the transit. I focused on my fear and it became real. I didn't think to use it the way you suggest.

But I did it my way for whatever strange reason, and here we are. As sweet as our friendship has been, that Saturn MC aspect was a burden. She was always rejecting me, only to come back and initiate in her way, with so many limits.

I liked the kissing and passion and humor and weirdness and comfort around each other. But she was also rough and careless with my feelings.

So I guess I feel it's right that it ended.

Thank you for the tips on the lunar returns. I need to start doing those.

Lance
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Lance » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:26 am

I just know Saturn to Venus isn't any fun.

Take heart, man.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:15 am

Thank you. I'm alright.

I'm practicing being resilient, taking care of my body, mind, and heart. It's a good period for solitude and mediation. I see a lot of the illusions I chased in the past, and how much fear's grip lingers on me. So, while it's uncomfortable now, it's something that I will grow from.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

A couple observations

I've noticed a precipitous libido drop since the start of this Saturn-Venus transit. Contributing factors are general exhaustion (I've been working long hours, lifting weights, changing my diet, have lost 20 pounds) as well as this strange, burdensome non-relationship that I've been in/not in. Additionally, when outside of relationships, I've typically relied on masturbation to satisfy my prodigious sexual appetite. I had been under the impression that since I was practicing non-ejaculatory orgasm techniques I wasn't depleting myself, but I think since this is fantasy and erotica based, it stirs up dopamine response and makes me worse at being present for good connected sex.

Finally, one of the benefits of this strange non-relationship, is that for the first time in a while, I have felt freed of the "romantic seeker" motif. Or at least, I had directed all of this energy toward her. And now that I have that energy back, I realized that I want to spend some time truly alone, not seeking, not having casual sex, not being in a relationship. Dedicating that romantic energy and devotion to my connection with my inner divinity.

So last weekend I decided it was time for a good reset, and practicing active chastity for the period of this transit, engaging in ritual (LBRP, MPR, a few other taoist energy circulation techniques), meditation, creativity (I've been painting and writing and playing music), health, and financial stability.

Interestingly, while I've entered this transit with a reluctant attitude about feeling less virile, and unattractive even, as soon as I embraced this plan of discipline, I've observed that everyone has been super friendly. Strangers have been saying hello, women have been smiling at me on the street. I feel very attractive.

And here we arrive at what appears to be another Saturn lesson: indulge yourself, and others will restrict you. Restrict yourself and others will indulge you.

Lance
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Lance » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm

And here we arrive at what appears to be another Saturn lesson: indulge yourself, and others will restrict you. Restrict yourself and others will indulge you.
Hmm... Very interesting. I may have to experiment with that myself

I highly respect and value your candor.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Thanks! I owe that to my Pluto-Pluto square. :lol:

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Ok, I've gone through and done lunar returns.

Quick questions:
(1) a dem-ilunar is the same as a lunar opposition, right?
(2) the most important things to track are, it seems, (a) outer planet transits, solar returns, lunar and demilunar returns. Is that correct? Anything else vital to add?

So I did my lunar and demilunar returns until my next solar returns. And it looks like it's going to be a rather shitty spring and summer :lol:

A few questions:
Any guidance on my interpretations of "Bad" vs "Good" months?
It looks to me like the June 11 Lunar return is the worst, and I should consider traveling for this period. Any other months that you recommend I leave town?
Would you recommend leaving town for my 2019 Solar Return?

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:55 pm

I should add, column is Angular Planets, and column 4 is Aspects to Angular Planets.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:20 pm

Avshalom Binyamin wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:54 pm
(1) a dem-ilunar is the same as a lunar opposition, right?
(2) the most important things to track are, it seems, (a) outer planet transits, solar returns, lunar and demilunar returns. Is that correct?
Yes. Yes.
Anything else vital to add?
There's always something more :) Secondary progressed aspects of the natal and the solar return are important, plus transits to SSR, natal, and progressed (of both) Moons ("the 4 moons") are standouts.

On the rest, I'll try to get back when I have time to go over it slowly. That are some clear "better months than not" in the line, from a quick scan.
Would you recommend leaving town for my 2019 Solar Return?
Yes, any year with transiting Mars conjunct natal Saturn (partile) just off an angle is a year worth getting out of town. How about Salt Lake City for some escapist pleasure, and dropping down to spectacular Zion and (my favorite) Bryce Canyon national parks - but stay away from Moab and other locations in the eastern half of the state.

Progressed SSR Moon opposes your Venus three months after your birthday.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:34 pm

On second pass, I guess it's about even between good and bad months, so I don't really need to complain.

In about 10 minutes, my Lunar return starts.

Angular Planets:
r. Pluto 2°23"
r. Moon 8°11

I classify it as a bad month because r. Pluto is squared by t. Saturn.

Where as the demilunar had t. Pluto angular, this one has r. Pluto. So, while the separation I experienced in the last couple weeks came from without, this sense of separation is from within. The key word is Autonomy.

The Saturn-Pluto transit blurb says "remember that open, sharing communication is the adhesive that binds relationships in the least intimate of times"

So, I'm going to try to open the lines of communication with my coworker lady friend to see if we can start to discuss salvaging a friendship--after a hard reset, and this time with better boundaries.

But my main focus is going to be to continue the inner work that I've resumed as of last weekend. Regimen includes daily LBRP, MPR, taoist energy cultivation and circulation, and continuing chastity.

Also, as Jim mentioned, there is a secondary sexual element at play. I believe this is the t. Mars, t. Venus, r. Uranus T-square. So I'm guessing my libido will bounce back this month.

Mike
Luminary Member
Luminary Member

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Lance wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:16 pm
Hmm... Very interesting. I may have to experiment with that myself

I highly respect and value your candor.
I second all of this.
Very grateful for your honesty, Av. Very relevant to my life as well.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 pm

Ladyfriend apologized, and I forgave her, and I said we can be friends again (but this time with no kissing, sleepovers, or sex), and that I'm keeping my space to work on the stuff I want to work on. I doubt we'll ever be a romantic couple, but at least I feel better about not letting her completely burn this bridge this time, because there is a genuine connection there.

Each moment we do our best to live with connection and authenticity sets us up for a future moment of even more connection and authenticity.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:40 pm

Ok, first hard Pluto pass of the year has passed, and I'm two weeks into my Saturn-Venus transit. I'm still treating this period as discipline and training of my love muscles.

My primary love muscle is my heart. I've been continuing to eat healthy, work out strenuously with weights and high intensity interval training.

I've also continued with my fast from erotica and ejaculation--on day 17 of my reset. Libido has come roaring back, and I've been keeping the energy moving by engaging in lots of painting, music, poetry, and meditation.

Currently focusing on throat chakra work--deeper creativity, and speaking my truth with compassion.

Coworker and I have continued our dance of intimacy and distance, working toward more grace at each parting. I see t Uranus conjunct my descendent on my next Demilunar on April 4, so I take it as a sign of reuniting after a week apart, but with the built-in freedom/distance caused by her traveling (for work) to UK from the 13th-19th, during which time she'll celebrate her birthday.

I find it hard not to love her intensely and near-obsessively. We undoubtedly have a deep, strong connection. But the transits speak of separation and personal development, and I can see a lot of the way I love being changed for the better by these limitations.

I'm learning to see the temporariness of each separation, and realize that each time it affords me a chance to refocus my energies on my own life, health, growth.

Avshalom Binyamin
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by Avshalom Binyamin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:24 pm

I came home from work today and noticed the cat food dish was full. I realized I hadn't seen my cat, Adam, this morning--he's usually sleeping somewhere, so it's not always a surprise to miss him during the morning rush.

I realized he most likely slipped out when I carelessly left the door open the night before. He's an indoor-only cat.

I search the house, couldn't find him. Oh shit, I thought. Here's more Saturn-Pluto. I judged myself for being careless with the door lately, thinking he was too chicken to sneak away. Worry. Guilt. Sadness.

Annabelle and I went looking for him in the neighborhood, and our big backyard, but couldn't find him. She made a wish on a dandelion puff. Yesterday she informed me that you can't tell anyone your wish or it won't come true. I knew what she was wishing for anyway.

I put out a dish of food, a cardboard box with a blanket, and a tupperware of his dirty litter to guide his nose back home. And then did my evening bedtime routine with my daughter. She was afraid something happened to him, but I cuddled her, and she fell asleep.

In the darkness of the bedroom, I criticized myself for being careless. I thought maybe I subconsciously sacrificed my cat for another relationship, by making him the Saturn-Pluto manifestation. I berated myself for being such a sad sap that I can't even take care of a cat, woo a woman, have an age-appropriate amount of money in my 401k, or have much to show for my life, etc. You know, the usual not-good-enough nonsense.

Then, I remembered I needed to make my daughter's lunch for tomorrow. I got up, and went outside. He wasn't in his box. I called him with his special little chirpy squeak that he always responds two. I didn't expect anything. After the third call, I saw a dark form emerge from under my car. Adam! He's safe and sound, next to me on the couch, after a 24-hour kitty rumspringa. I can't imagine his gentle fluffball self had much fun.

I'm so relieved.

The time was 8:48pm.

Demilunar April 4, 8:48pm

Angularity:
r. Pluto 4.38
t. Uranus 5.54

Aspects
t. Saturn square r. Pluto 1.58"
t. Pluto square r. Pluto 2.04"