CATCHING OCD ISSUES BY WATCHING TRANSITS

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member
CATCHING OCD ISSUES BY WATCHING TRANSITS

Post by By Jove » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:17 am

My OCD has been extremely bad lately. It probably did not hurt a friendship that means dear to me, but it is causing me a lot of anxiety.

I don't want to be blindsighted by OCD ever again. What precessions, transits, etc. should I look for in the future so I can predict when my OCD could become severe.

For example, my OCD started becoming severe around 2pm on December 25. It became extremely severe December 26, around 12pm-1pm. It is dying down somewhat, but I am afraid I destroyed an important friendship because I did an OCD compulsion.

I would deeply appreciate any advice. I do not want OCD to threaten another relationship again.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: CATCHING OCD ISSUES BY WATCHING TRANSITS

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:35 am

Your transits on the day of this last attack may indeed give useful clues.

The one outstanding thing I see was that 12/25 was when transiting Mars squared your Saturn. This is more intense this year (and perhaps next, depending on Mars' timing) because it occurred with Mars square Pluto in space.

The big pattern to watch for, I think, is Pluto's transit over your Saturn. You can read details in the Transits section but, in brief, Saturn-Pluto combinations by themselves can be quite conducive to obsessive-compulsive traits; yet, Pluto's transit to Saturn could be an exceptional time to work on the issue, to break down and recompose your Saturn-driven traits. (Pluto first entered 1° orb of your Saturn last February and will last leave that orb a year from now, in the last days of 2021.)

Mars coming into the fray seems to have intensified this. It may simply have been a surge of energy but has the feeling of a threat - feeling threatened, triggering an accelerated survival circuit - or otherwise stressful. (I note that the 2 PM approximate time you gave is just after all these planets rotated past angles. On 123/26, the time was about when your Moon-Neptune was angular.)

This may have been a more intense incident not just because of the transits but also because you are now in two months when progressed Moon squares your Pluto. (It will be exact about January 11, and to progressed Pluto Feb 5, but the progressions to both are operative from early December through the first week of May.) During this time you will be more inclined to withdraw or separate, and perhaps more prone to acute emotional reactions and old psychological content being brought to light.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:18 pm

Thank you. I'd say Dec 26 was the worst day of my life regarding my OCD.

By Jove
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by By Jove » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:35 am
Your transits on the day of this last attack may indeed give useful clues.

The one outstanding thing I see was that 12/25 was when transiting Mars squared your Saturn. This is more intense this year (and perhaps next, depending on Mars' timing) because it occurred with Mars square Pluto in space.

The big pattern to watch for, I think, is Pluto's transit over your Saturn. You can read details in the Transits section but, in brief, Saturn-Pluto combinations by themselves can be quite conducive to obsessive-compulsive traits; yet, Pluto's transit to Saturn could be an exceptional time to work on the issue, to break down and recompose your Saturn-driven traits. (Pluto first entered 1° orb of your Saturn last February and will last leave that orb a year from now, in the last days of 2021.)

Mars coming into the fray seems to have intensified this. It may simply have been a surge of energy but has the feeling of a threat - feeling threatened, triggering an accelerated survival circuit - or otherwise stressful. (I note that the 2 PM approximate time you gave is just after all these planets rotated past angles. On 123/26, the time was about when your Moon-Neptune was angular.)

This may have been a more intense incident not just because of the transits but also because you are now in two months when progressed Moon squares your Pluto. (It will be exact about January 11, and to progressed Pluto Feb 5, but the progressions to both are operative from early December through the first week of May.) During this time you will be more inclined to withdraw or separate, and perhaps more prone to acute emotional reactions and old psychological content being brought to light.
So I should look out for Mars, Saturn, Pluto, Moon transits? What does it mean when a planet rotates past angles?

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:39 pm

It's not the planets rotating. It's the earth rotating. As the Earth rotates, the planets appear to rise (AC, East Point) culminate (MC, Zenith, Southpoint) set (DSC, etc) and anticulminate (IC etc). As the Earth continues to rotate, each planet appears to pass the various angles.

What Jim was saying was each planet referred to was just past an angle. Look at the chart and I'm sure you'll see that.