The arc of longterm transits

Q&A and discussion on Transits.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
The arc of longterm transits

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:37 am

I've written this in other way; but I just came across a description of the mythic universal story format that matches very closely my sense of how long-term transits (outer planet transits) operate - perhaps all transits, but really evident in the outer-planet transits with retrogradation loops, where I've said the whole story-cycle of the transit begins from the first time it enters partile until the last time it leaves - even through the seeming interregna in the middle when it's out of orb. (This, btw, is from a neurobiologist who researches oxytocin excitation and its use in workplace motivation and connection.)
This evidence supports the view of some narrative theorists that there is a universal story structure. These scholars claim every engaging story has this structure, called the dramatic arc. It starts with something new and surprising, and increases tension with difficulties that the characters must overcome, often because of some failure or crisis in their past, and then leads to a climax where the characters must look deep inside themselves to overcome the looming crisis, and once this transformation occurs, the story resolves itself.
Every major transit follows this pattern. It's purpose is to alter us, to drive forward the larger story of our lives while acting as a self-contained story climaxing as described. It deos seem wired into our collective, inherited neurology.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com