Progressed Moon to natal Moon

Q&A and discussion on Secondary Progressions.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Progressed Moon to natal Moon

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:38 am

Does anyone have a good handle on the nature of progressed Moon making a major aspect to natal Moon? I have the opposition exact today, which has me thinking about it again. I realized I have only the most generic (and almost meaningless) thoughts about what probably should be considered a fundamentally important aspect. (Part of this fuzziness is probably because I don't usually interpret transiting Moon to natal Moon - it's just a lunar return!)

Fuzziness is increased at the moment because of Neptune's involvement. Not just that Neptune makes one fuzzy, but because I suspect that there are things I would feel from a Moon-Moon progression that I can't filter out of Neptune's transit to the Moons.

I had yesterday marked "Super Neptune Day" on my calendar. There was a Sun-Neptune conjunction in space yesterday. Using the time of exact conjunction (3:43 AM PST) as a convenient point in time, here was the line-up in our household:

27°24' Aquarius - my r Moon
27°24' Leo - my p Moon
27°28' Aquarius - Marion's local Asc
27°50' Aquarius - t Sun
27°50' Aquarius - t Neptune
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Progressed Moon to natal Moon

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:45 am

The one Moon-Moon interpretation I've written is that for SSR Moon aspecting natal Moon - from Interpreting Solar Returns.
Strong emotional responsiveness toward (affinity with) the environment and its occupants. “Feelers” extended (strongly affected by what happens); feelings experienced more immediately, intensely (moodiness). Adaptation (change, vacillation, confusion). Nurtured by attention (center of attention, rapport with public or audience). Familiar surroundings augment security (domesticity, “nesting”).
To the extent this is true, it resembles parts of the Neptune transit (nearly the same thing, in fact). I'm not clear how factually true it is besides the nearly paralyzing sensitivity and responsiveness to things (especially insubstantial things, e.g., psychic and psychological things). - I've had to do a lot more shutting things down, making sure I "don't feel myself at the moment" to maintain basic functioning (e.g., be able to continue going to work). Yesterday I did any number of things to put me out of touch with my body and general state of how I was feeling just so I could get something minimally useful done - but I think that's mostly the Neptune. (If Moon-Moon is buried in there, it's well camouflaged.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:56 am

I think of this as primarily an inner developmental-milestone, not per se necessarily bringing to the focus of native's experience and/or awareness the Lunar theme(s) as such, but rather, being a phase of inner transition --- rounding-up of one, and stepping-into the next, big phase of personal psychological development, in the broadest sense --- something that is, when it comes to the quality of native's experience at the time, primarily marked by what other dominant factors ("flavors") are present.

In your case, the progressed Moon has come to be conjunct with the natal Sun/Pluto direct midpoint (it being tied to it natally, the distinct "flavor" at this time is that it has come to be conjunct with this MP's longitudinal position), and this is happening when, simultaneously, tr Neptune goes exact with the Moon itself - so I'd take these as the main "markers" pertaining to the time.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:14 pm

Without any exaggeration, I need to say that from my experience of abiding in the urban Southern California, I find truly admirable your ability to, as a Moon-angular person, live in the midst of L.A. for as long as you have been, and with staying sane and fully functional, at that!
As practical input, from the perspective of someone living all of their current life with the rx Su=Mo/Ne (and this Su "plutonized" as it is): take as long a vacation as you possible can, during this period, to go spend time somewhere away from immediate vicinity of the urban area, a least-human-inhabited, most-natural environment near by that you can find.
I know this might not be something practically doable for more than a week or so, but even getting, say, five days away, during the peak time-frame of this, is priceless in its value for the overall psychological and physical condition - in comparison to not getting any.
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia
http://siderallia.blogspot.com/

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:23 pm

I understand the theory of that. In practice, such things don't produce a significant difference, when I'm off in the Mojave.

Next trip planned isn't until the end of May (other than maybe a day or two here or there), and that one is for Chicago. I also get slightly anxious betting back that close to my birthplace, which I explain as getting back closer to my Moon line; but it's probably really a cultural thing, since Memphis was wonderful and it's EXACTLY on my Moon line.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:49 am

I've said it before and will say it again :D Neptune is not necessarily a negative/malefic. It is a negative force when in aspect to malefics. We've seen countless examples of artists/very creative people with their Neptune in aspect to luminaries. That can be seen as a very positive force in the psyche. Moon-Neptune seems to add a very strong intuition as well, the ability to feel into other people's feelings/behaviors.

During the last couple of years I've had directed Neptune to my n. MC while dir. MC squared n. Neptune and dir. Uranus conj. n. Neptune and dir. Moon around n. ASC. This has been the most creative period in my entire life, painting all the time and writing musical lyrics. In hindsight it seems like it was a powerful trigger for the creative spirit/artist within to awaken. I really do know it has deeply affected my creative spirit. And it's also oh sooooooo romantic. :) I do have dir. Sun sq n. Venus as well, which is very artistic and beautifying as well. (I better state that I do also keep open the possibility that I'm born almost 20 min earlier than recorded birth time and that would certainly change this outlook for Neptune and angles).

Maybe it's simply the best approach to use such a period for creative activities. That's how we can put it to good use.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:35 am

Thanks, Arena. (Yes, the progressed Sun square to your Venus-Jupiter-Pluto does seem to have marked out one of the very best periods of your life.) Since Sun entered square to your Venus April 2020, you will surely remember the pandemic years differently from most people :D. The whole run to Venus-Jupiter still has another year and a half, and Pluto stretches it a year past that. (And if your 11:40 AM birth time is, by chance, exactly right, you're in the long, long stretch of progressed Uranus exactly square natal MC.)

Neptune's conjunction with my Moon has been withering. In the first year, especially when it would be near SLR angles, the word frail most often came to mind (then would lighten or vanish when a different return arrangement came in). It's likely a play off of the single keyword sensitivity. At least half of it is that my already extended "psychic feelers" are amped up on steroids. The pandemic has been a well-timed blessing because I've been able to spend nearly all the period without being around anyone, yet the psychic flood - as if globally feeling every thought impression in the world about me or linked to anything I'm linked to. In my best times, I've still felt like a comic book depiction of, say, Superman caught in a wide-band kryptonite ray shrinking and shriveling as he heroically pushed through with all his strength. In my less-best times, motivation has been hard even for things that normally motivate me, and I have to decompress or (usually more effectively) drive obsessively into something that absorbs me enough that I disconnect from everything else. (That's 'best' and 'less best.' There have been almost no 'worsts,' but the most memorable was that a doctor put me on a medication that can have depression as a side-effect. It did. I'm not depressive, it's almost a foreign concept, so it took me a few weeks to realize what was going on and stop the medication.)

Something I've learned about Neptune transits over the last few years - maybe I've never mentioned it here, but I've been using it interpretively for at least a couple of years - is that the end of the Neptune transit period is as powerful as a transit in itself, almost like a Uranus or Pluto transit. That's where I see the greatest creativity, at least with one's life and direction: With the absence of direction and things lost (as if spiraling down a drain) during a Neptune transit, coming out of it usually marks a time someone is at a "new zero," a new starting point, with sudden infusion of clarity. I've seen people suddenly take hold at those points and chart entirely new directions, march off into new crusades, have deep certainty about where they're going next. I do get 'serial' Neptune transits for a while, since it will be headed to my angles next, but the Neptune to Moon clears in January as progressed Sun to natal IC strengthens, so I'm expecting a significant surge and redirection near the start of 2023.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:10 am

Oh yes indeed, the pandemic years have been so filled with love and creation that I hardly even noticed the outside world :D ... although I did hate all the propaganda and nonsense going on with social distancing, mask wearing and coercion as well as restrictions on travels. Hopefully it's all over soon. Although I do believe the dark forces will coerce us as restrict our freedoms by forcing us into a kind of social credit system with a digital pass. Just watch and see it happen.

Anyway, yes the pr./dir Sun is really doing wonders for me :) and hopefully it is a permanent change as this was a trigger for all this love and creativity. But yes indeed, Neptune can have its' downside although it can bring about creativity and sensitivity it can also drain. And you might be right about that end of the transit having found a direction whereas being in the midst of it may feel like a lack of direction. The clarity or new direction might be a consequence of going deep within your psyche during the transit. I'm glad to hear you have Sun coming to your IC next year, hopefully it will bring some joy, vitality and strength. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:36 am

This year - especially this summer - has been a stream of neutral-seeming lunar progressions of the type that aren't very specific or obvious to me in their meaning. The mix of lunar and Neptune themes hasn't always been easy to filter; or, rather, while I would expect most of these aspects to make me more lunar for a time, at most the effect - to the extent I can distinguish it at all - has been like a very low-grade Neptune.

I post this today because today is the exact conjunction of SQ Moon with natal IC.

As most of you know, I was born with Moon near Descendant. Wave 1 of all of this was simply Neptune's conjunction with my Moon (soon to bridge more into a couple of years of Neptune transiting across natal angles). Wave 2 was when progressed, PSSR, and SQ Moons took their turns aspecting natal Moon. More recently, progressed, PSSR, and SQ Moons have been crossing natal angles. There's been quite a stream of them so it's probably more appropriate to think of them as a broad (months-long) period rather than individual contacts.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com