Dynamic Quotidians

Q&A and discussion on Quotidian variations of progressions.
Danica
Irish
Irish

Dynamic Quotidians

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

May 18, 2009
SteveS wrote:Jim teaches the importance of symbolism with the SSR Moon. I always closely monitor the action of the progressed SSR Moon with Quotidian charts. When aspected and progressed to the angles of a Quotidian chart, the angular progressed Moon of a SSR will produce significant days relative to the environment of a native. I have found when the progressed SSR Moon forms Paran Conjunctions or Oppositions with a Solar or Natal planet involving the Quotidian MC—it symbolizes memorable life events. Over the past weekend a single mother who has raised two daughters visited me, informing me one of her daughters is getting married. She told me her daughter was proposed too on Feb. 2 2009. Being a strong proponent of Sidereal Astrology techniques which at times, calculates ‘out of the ordinary’ events in one’s life, I naturally computed the daughters current SSR. When I saw the SSR Moon would form a progressed conjunction with her Solar Sun sometime during her Solar year, I computed the SQ1 Quotidian for the day of marriage proposal. Note the Paran conjunction of progressed Moon-Sun on the SQ1 MC!

Ebertin is his most excellent book, ‘The Combination of Stellar Influences’ states pertaining to Sun-Moon symbolism: “…Husband and Wife, Marriage…”

The odds for this SQ1 Paran Quotidian involving a conjunction of the SUN-MO-MC symbolizing a marriage proposal calculated to the exact day of the event is absolutely astronomical! It is only when the astrologer is able to see and understand the precise math involved in this sidereal astrology technique with the natural laws of astronomy—(s)he appreciates the great astrological work of Cyril Fagan. Yet for the most part, Fagan’s work has not been understood by most astrologers.

Regards, Steve

Birth Data: Aug. 30th, 1987, 5:11 PM, CDT, Birmingham, Alabama. Source: Birth Certificate. Sidereal Solar Return relocated to Auburn, Alabama.
[the chart is missing]
Amate Se Mutuo Cum Corda Ardentia

Danica
Irish
Irish

Re: Dynamic Quotidians

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:12 pm

May 19, 2009
SteveS wrote:Another dynamic Solar Quotidian (SQ1). Note the Paran of progressed Solar Moon (IC) with Solar Mars (MC). Also note rising Solar Uranus in Paran with Solar Mars.

A sudden violent situation occurred involving someone pulling a knife on the native. The native responded by pulling his gun on the knife. No psychical damage was done but the native was fired from his management position because of this incident. The native cites this event as being the most traumatic mental shock he had ever experienced in his lifetime.

Again, note the position of the Solar Moon with the current SSR. Because the Solar Moon will progress app.13 degrees in a Solar year by the Q1 rate it can quickly be determined by a glance of the eye, the progressed Solar Moon will form a partile an exact opposition with progressed Solar Mars. What is amazing is the progressed MC moving approximately 1 degree per day synchronizes with the progressed Moon-Mars opposition on the precise day of the event. The progressed angles calculated the event to the exact day with partile aspects forming a Paran. The mathematical odds synchronizing this celestial configuration calculating the event to the exact day are astronomical!

Birth data: Sept. 20th 1947, 10:00 AM CST, Albertville, Al. Source: Birth Certificate.

Regards, Steve

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:13 pm

May 20, 2009
SteveS wrote:Another excellent example of a Dynamic Quotidian offering precise symbolism calculated to the exact day of a big event—G.W. Bush Jan 20th. 2005 Presidential inauguration. Note the progressed Solar Moon in Paran opposition to progressed Solar Jupiter to progressed Solar MC by the Q1 rate. Again, the mathematical odds for allowing the superb symbolism with this quotidian sidereal technique are astronomical.

Again, I will quote Bradley from his book ‘Solar and Lunar Returns’: “A candidate for public office can hardly expect election if Moon-Jupiter configurations are lacking in his return charts.”

Even though the astrologer will not always find Moon-Jupiter symbolism with various charts for election winners—Moon-Jupiter symbolism is an appropriate combination associated with ‘winning’.

Birth Data: July 6th 1946, 7:26 AM, New Haven CT. Source rating: AA

Regards, Steve

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:14 pm

May 21, 2009
SteveS wrote:G.W. Bush Dynamic SQ1 on 9/11 located to DC.

This dynamic Solar (Q1) quotidian deserves superb text book status with Jim’s teachings about the important symbolism associated with Solar Moon in a SSR. Jim teaches in his book ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’:

“This, then, isolates the Moon as the most crucial agent in a Solar Return, after the angles. Lunar aspects to natal and solar planets can never be treated lightly, even when rather wide in orbs. So remarkable is this single factor that, if lunar aspects are nearly exact while the foreground planets are not exceptionally close to the angles, the solar Moon can be considered the primary theme-setter of the chart for the year ahead, bar none.” In this teaching by Jim the main distinction between a Solar and Natal Moon is W’s Natal Saturn at 2 Cancer 31.

When we look at W’s 01 SSR we note Venus & Uranus are in the foreground but when we analysis W’s Solar Moon the symbolism gets much more interesting in the context of the huge event that occurred on 9/11. First we note his Solar Moon features a partile 135 to his Solar Saturn and W’s Solar Moon at 0Cap18 is applying by two degrees to an exact opposition to his Natal Saturn at 2CAN31. So, W has a double whammy of Solar Moon symbolism with Solar Saturn and Natal Saturn. But, what is truly remarkable is when we realize that progressed Solar Moon by the Q1 rate forms a Paran Solar Moon opposition to W’s Natal Saturn on 9/11. If you will look at the included Q1 quotidian chart for W on 9/11 you will note his progressed Solar Moon is sitting partile on the IC. Now allow your eyes to the MC of this quotidian and you will note W’s Natal Saturn is partile the MC. This is a Paran of Solar Moon and Natal Saturn—a very rare configuration. In fact, during the 8 years of W’s presidency he only experienced two Paran Quotidian formations when he was actually in Washington DC on the two quotidian dates involving his MC—one on 9/11 (Saturn MC) and the other on his Jan. 20th 2005 inauguration, (Jupiter MC). Matthew Quelles taught me the importance of watching the action of progressed Solar Moon when it is forming hard partile 8 harmonic aspects with Solar or Natal planets when the Solar Moon is partile the progressed angles of a Solar Return. In this cited quotidian we also note that on Sept 7th W’s progressed Solar Moon came into a partile 45 with his Solar Pluto so we actually have a planetary picture on his 9/11 quotidian day of progressed Solar Moon partile the progressed Solar IC, 45 Solar Pluto with progressed Solar Moon in Paran with Natal Saturn—very apt symbolism for the event that occurred on 9/11. Remarkable sidereal technique!!

Regards, Steve

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Aug 26, 2009
SteveS wrote:The above four examples exemplify Fagan’s important contribution to astrologers pertaining to progressed Solar Returns and particularly with Paran Quotidian Charts of a Solar Return. Fagan taught that Parans form when ‘two or more planets are simultaneously on the same adjacent or opposite angles and are the most powerful of all (astrological) configurations.’ The following is taken from Fagan’s book ‘Primer of Sidereal Astrology’, Chapter X1, ‘Progression of Solar Planets’:
“It should be possible to progress any valid map by any accepted method of progression. This could be a test for any of the many different methods of progressions which have been proposed in recent years. The Arabic system of progression, “day-to-year” or secondary method has proved its worth. It has recently been discovered that planets in the solar return or ingress (known as “Solar Planets”) can be progressed by the secondary rate with very accurate results. On this basis, it will be rare that solar planets, other than the Moon with an average motion of some 13 degrees a day-year, will close to an exact aspect during the year. It does happen with other planets, and it is this which, giving particular significance to that aspect, seems to give an important coloration to the events of the year. Experience has shown that the progression of the Moon to the conjunction or opposition of any planet during the solar year gives a very accurate timing for an event of the nature of the planet.”
The four cited examples above substantiate the worth of Jim’s/Fagan’s teachings for the progressed Solar Return. Also, it is very important for the astrologer to recognize the precise astronomical math involved with these cited examples pertaining to Precession! If the astrologer does not allow for Precession the four cited examples above will not compute to the exact day of the event with the progressed moon and the progressed angles! When the astrologer understands this Precession factor (s)he will understand there is a precise astronomical timing factor (Precession) involved for computing an ACCURATE timed Solar Return, regardless of the methods used to analysis a Solar Return. This is best explained by Jim’s words from his book, ‘Interpreting Solar Returns’ where Jim states:
“If an astrologer prefers to use the Tropical Zodiac, a regular correction for Precession must be applied to Return Charts. A second method of overcoming the effects of precession is to use a precession-free reference system, that is, a zodiac which by its very nature is unaffected by precession in the first place. Such an alternative framework exists. It is called the Sidereal Zodiac. Like the Tropical Zodiac, it is based on twelve equal divisions of the ecliptic circle. Unlike the Tropical Zodiac, it is not beholden to the equinoxes and is therefore totally undistorted by precession. The issue here is not so much one of zodiacs, as of something far more fundamental to the essence of things astrological. Therefore, one can achieve the desired effects with Return Charts by either (1) using the Tropical Zodiac and correcting for precession or (2) using the precession-free Sidereal Zodiac.
If neither of these two methods are used, a Solar Return will be six hours in error by age 18, twelve hours by age 36, and an entire day off by the time a person attains the age of 72”.
As far as I am concerned, Fagan's greatest discovery as an Astrologer was that astrologers for 2000 years were computing Solar Returns in the Tropical Zodiac which involved a mathematical error involving an accurate timed Solar Return because they were not accounting for Precession.

Regards, Steve

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Sep 22, 2011
SteveS wrote:A couple months ago I began a personal research project on winning Quarterbacks in the Super Bowl and College National Championship Games. In order to do a correct analysis an astrologer would need a certified copy of the BC in order to check the excellent sidereal astrology methods. The above post is a Solar Quotidian Chart (daily solar chart- angles change daily) computed with an AA rated birth time for Aaron Rogers, Packers QB who won the Super Bowl last year. If I am not mistaken, a Solar Quotidian was an invention by the Father of Sidereal Astrology, Cyril Fagan. I am planning an extensive campaign after this football season trying to get as many AA rated birth times for winning QB in Championships games. This will be a difficult task but what the hell—I am retired with nothing else to do and I figure this may one day pay some $ dividends down the road. I am now involved in some experimental research with an end of game chart where I am paying close attention to the mundane moving MC in relationship to QB & Coach’s un- timed birthdays or with their natal planets excluding the moon since the moon moves 13 degree in one day. I am using the end of game chart angles just as I would use the Solar Return angles with Natal Planets being close to these angles for their interpretations. Then I am looking for partile transiting planets hooked-up with these natal planets. I am trying to correlate the psychological feelings of these key football Generals at the end of the game. I certainly realize one would need an AA rated time birth for a through analysis in the specified field of Sidereal Astrology. In today’s information age an astrologer can get most birthdays and locations of births from the internet for important Pro/College QB/Coach’s. So far the results of my experimental research are promising but I want to wait to the end of the season to post final results with data for all charts involved. There could be all kinds of winning symbolism for a victory; however, I would like to point out an observation that I think could one day prove to be the par-excellent planetary combination for a very high % of winning QB. If you will note in the above Solar Quotidian Chart for Aaron Rogers on the winning Super Bowl Day-- his 2010 SQ MC had progressed bring his progressed solar Jupiter-Uranus conjunction to this MC. When I saw this SQ Chart, which was the first chart I had ever analyzed for a winning QB in a National Championship game, a bell went off in my mind because in Reinhold Ebertin’s most excellent book, ‘The Combination Of Stellar Influences’ he only footnotes one of the 77 planetary combinations, and that is the Jupiter-Uranus combination. These are Ebertin’s footnoted words for Jupiter-Uranus Symbolism:

"N.B. It is often very difficult to assess the nature of Jupiter-Uranus constellations. They indicate, in most cases, inner tensions or strains which are then suddenly released. At one time, the author named this configuration the “Thank The Lord” position, because people having such a configuration have repeatedly exclaimed the words “Thank The Lord” after the release of the tensions and strain from which they were experiencing."

If you stop and think about Ebertin’s above words, this is exactly what a winning QB would experience in a super important championship game. The QB is obviously under much ‘tension and strain’ for his mental and physical effort for endeavoring to win the championship game for his team and himself. How many times have we seen a key athlete after winning an important game look up and acknowledge the heavens—maybe saying to himself—“Thank The Lord.”

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Mar 07, 2015
Arena wrote:Steve, thanks a million for all your informative posts and learning material in here.

I think maybe I may have asked a similar question before... but I would like to have a technical explanation on what SQ is exactly. As I am constantly learning I am trying to understand all the new lingo :) Is it just the SSR dynamic chart? Progressing the SSR chart to see if the planets come into partile aspects during the SR year?

Also would like to ask you about the first post in this thread, since you seem to know the people involved in that marriage proposal. Could you please post what aspects are highlighted on the day of their wedding? I think it is always important to notice "the start" and "the fulfilment" of every event. Some events or happenings are planned long beforehand and the planning can indeed happen on outstanding days ... but I like to compare what is going on on fulfilment day as well :) I like to do this also with conception of children and birth.
Jim Eshelman wrote:SQ (Solar Quotidian) is a secondary progression of the Sidereal Solar Return, just as SNQ (Sidereal Natal Quotidian) is a secondary progression of the natal chart. Identical technique, identical everything, except the SQ is based on the SSR, while the SNQ is based on the natal.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Mar 07, 2015
SteveS wrote:Jim teaches on page 107 from his book ‘Interpreting Solar Returns:’
“Quotidian” means “daily.” Both the SQ and PSSR (progressed sidereal solar return) are daily charts in that their angles move approximately 1 degree per day. Specifically, the SQ Midheaven advances 1 degree per day, while the PSSR Midheaven is accelerated about 1.25 degrees. The Solar Quotidian is essentially the same as the standard Secondary (day-for-a-year) Progression, with an important refinement. Because is one day’s time the Midheaven and other house cusps move through the entire zodiacal circle, a strict interpretation of the day-for-a-year equation requires that that progressed SQ angles also move through the entire zodiac in one year: 360 degrees in 365 days. Except for the SSR Moon, progressed solar planets scarcely move in one year.
So, as we can see with Jim’s above words, the only progressed structure of a SSR which is moving in a year’s time, that matters the most, is the Solar Moon (app 1.1 degree a month for a SQ) and the angles of a SSR, app 1 degree per day for the SQ Midheaven. IMO, it is important for the learning Sidereal Astrologer to clearly see/understand what is happening with SQ charts. The way I was able to clearly see/understand what was happening with my personal SQ’s was by “Animating” my DAILY SQ’s with SF astrological program, and then being able to compute my SQ’s with SF when I saw the potential for an ‘out of ordinary day’ scheduled in my future. This involves certain SF details and I will be glad to carry you through these steps with a later post. Arena, you do have SF, correct?

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Mar 07, 2015
Arena wrote:Ok, so it is indeed what I thought it was... it is the dynamic/moving SSR chart.
I have SF yes, I did do this a couple of weeks ago, I think I just chose the SSR and then on the outside ring chose progressions to see the Moon moving into aspect. Isn't that how you do it in SF?
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Arena wrote:Ok, so it is indeed what I thought it was... it is the dynamic/moving SSR chart.
I have SF yes, I did do this a couple of weeks ago, I think I just chose the SSR and then on the outside ring chose progressions to see the Moon moving into aspect. Isn't that how you do it in SF?
You can use the replacement Animate Triwheel template I posted here some time back. Then just pick the SSR, click Dynamic | Animate Triwheel, and it will instantly come up as a three-wheel for the current moment. You can pick another date/time, or just go forward or backward in time.

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Sep 23, 2015
StarAgeWiz wrote:Jim, could you please provide a working example (calc's step by step) for the SNQ in Solar Fire?
Is it by the Q2 progression rate or the SQ rate?
Which is the more important, the SQ/PSSR or SNQ for events?
For some mysterious reason I've never used the SNQ and am wondering if it adds anything to the Solunars?

thanks,
Jim Eshelman wrote:I'm not near a computer now, will have to get back... but there is no difference between the SQ and SNQ rates. The SQ is the SNQ of the SSR.

The gist is, just do a secondary progression of the natal chart. Use current location, be sure Q2 rather than Q1 is picked, and make sure angles are set at quotidian.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
StarAgeWiz wrote:Jim, could you please provide a working example (calc's step by step) for the SNQ in Solar Fire?
In the Current Settings box, pick Angle Progressions. Make sure "Chart Angle Progression" is set to Mean Quotidian, and "Progression Day Type" is set to Standard (Q2). - AFAIK these should be the default settings anyway.

Select a natal for the current locale. Click the Progressions icon in the menu bar, or click Chart | Transits, Progressions & Directions, or press F4.

Put in the data for the place. (If you didn't relocate the natal before starting, pick Relocated under "Location," and then put in the current residence under Place.

Under "Chart Type to Generate," pick Secondary Progressed.

Click OK.

The SQ is exactly the same, but starting with the Solar Return instead of the natus.