NQ1 vs NQ2 Debate??? Natal Quotidians

Q&A and discussion on Quotidian variations of progressions.
SteveS
Nabu
NQ1 vs NQ2 Debate??? Natal Quotidians

Post by SteveS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:01 am

First, let me say Jim has proven with his work to me the NQ2 has proven more valid hits than NQ1, but when I examine the NQ1 relative to my life and my wife's life--the NQ1 has proven to me to be more of an important progression rate than the NQ2 in picking-up the the most important DAY incidents in my wife's & I life. I never will forget when Matthew Quellas (RIP) told me from his beginning Sidereal Astrology teachings to me that the NQ1 vs the NQ2 has caused more debates among Siderealists than any other issue, along with other progression rates, something I know little about from huge examples of statistical data-- which Jim has thoroughly researched and when it comes to large samples of chart research, I know no better Sidereal Astrology researcher than Jim, and I trust his work. But, because of the important incidents in my wife's & I life with the NQ1, I can't and will never ignore the NQ1 rate. Matthew also told me he thought Clay Reed had sound reasoning for favoring the NQ1 rate and saw enough evidence from Clay's work soundly supporting the NQ1 rate with Mundane Astrology involving long periods of time, and for me to pay attention to Clay's AA articles, Matthew thought Clay's work important for the Siderealists. I have paid attention to Clay's articles and have noted the NQ1 rate is picking-up calculated to the exact DAY some very important mundane events in the field of mundane astrology. Matthew also taught me that working with Quotidians for foresight is absolutely maddening and it is maddening--can't be done practically with foresight unless there was a specialized computer program, but with hindsight with mundane astrology--the NQ1 should not be ignored, imo.

There is a possible explanation why the NQ1 may be picking-up very important isolated incidents/events in peoples lives and in the field of mundane astrology, based on the small amount of research work I have done with the Q1, and that may have something to do with the Q1 Moon, but not enough statistical work (chart examples) to know for sure. I have noticed in my wife's & I life--when the NQ1 picks-up very important events calculated to exact NQ1 DAY, the NQ1 Moon seems to be involved with partile 0,90,180 aspects along with the appropriate symbolic planets involved in 0,180 conjunctions, or Parans with the NQ1 angles, for sure when the NQ1 Moon is partile 0,180 with Pluto. Matthew taught me many years ago--only check the NQ1 and NQ2 when you know a very important 'out of ordinary' DAY circumstance is schedule in the future for a person, which I have proven to myself with my work is sound advice from Matthew. But forget about working with NQ charting with mundane astrology for the future, as I have said could only be done practically with a specialized computer program and no software company will do this--simply not enough demand--but it damn sure is on my dream list. :) Just some individual rambling thoughts since lately there has been some chatter about NQ1 and NQ2 rates.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: NQ1 vs NQ2 Debate??? Natal Quotidians

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:33 pm

All I can say, Steve, is that I can't confirm the same, especially with progressed Moon aspects in my personal chart. I watched both Q1 and Q2 Moon aspects for years, thinking they might give a one-two punch (I.e., a Q1-A2 punch!) and the "one" was always a dud.

I'd like to think that only one can be a valid technique, though I admit that's theory and idealism and what I'd like to think may not be true. They may co-exist in some way, which would be a gigantic headache.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: NQ1 vs NQ2 Debate??? Natal Quotidians

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:31 am

I understand Jim. Believe me I have more questions than answers about this issue and respect with an open mind every astrologer's opinions, and that is why I look at both of these Q's in my work.