Composite Charts using Natal Factors of Two People calculating their Composite Midpoints.

Q&A and discussion about Composite Charts.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Composite Charts using Natal Factors of Two People calculating their Composite Midpoints.

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Yeesh :(

At the risk of sending you into a new frenzy... have you tried solar and lunar returns of Composites yet? :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Composite Charts using Natal Factors of Two People calculating their Composite Midpoints.

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Jim asked:
have you tried solar and lunar returns of Composites yet? :)
Don't really know how to do these Jim. Need your input to learn more. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Composite of John Lennon & Yoko Ono with transits for John's murder.

c Moon 13°29' Sagittarius
t Saturn 13°53' Virgo
c Mercury 14°22' Sagittarius
c MC 14°24' Virgo

t Mars 18°35' Sagittarius
c Asc 20°21' Sagittarius

t Sun 22°46' Scorpio
c Neptune 23°42' Leo

Transiting Sun was 6° before composite Sun so the old Solar Return cycle was coming to an end. Besides a partile Venus-Pluto square in the December 15, 1979 SSR, the most interesting feature is probably:

SSR Asc 3°54' Cancer
c Pluto 4°03' Cancer

Despite this, I have several examples of Solunars for Composites that simply fail miserably to describe outstanding events in a relationship, so I'm not sure we can count on them.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:15 am

Thanks Jim for this input. I have just looked at the SA ASC & MC in my composite chart and noticed 21 years into our marriage SA ASC =SUN-VENUS. This exactly marked the time in the relationship when we were enjoying the proceeds with the sale of our Theater to Regal Theaters. Instead of working 16 hour days in the Theater Business we able to relax and enjoy each other’s company with some travel to bucket lists destinations. Also at this same time in our relationship, SA MC = Jupiter! These two SA hits to the benefics are quite remarkable imo, exactly marking the time in our relationship composite chart where we enjoyed the most $ we ever had in our relationship. The proceeds for the sale of our Theater were split on an equal basis since we were partners in the Theater. The most benefic harmony ever at this SA time frame in the relationship.

It appears based on SAs with our composite chart, they are timing important incidents in the relationship. More research is needed.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am

Steve, like you see in the post I wrote you (viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3089&p=23265#p23257) about different timings of the directed or regressed angles hits to planets within your composite I am just counting the degrees for an approximate timing of those planetary hits. Like you see I asked if there was a particularly Saturnian period 13 years into the marriage because I see the comp AC regresses to Saturn at that time. I was not checking midpoint hits, but I guess that could be explored as well.
But I really need to be able to dynamically put these composite charts into motion with Solarfire to spot check lots of composite charts
I guess you can just make a chart of the composite as if it was a natal and then dynamically move the solar arcs to see planetary hits.

About your best friend... I didn't argue that friendships should be based on the 12th house. I emphasized the fact that you would indeed have a radiating sunshine within the 11th house with whole sign houses, BUT I also explained how a friendship chart could ALSO have planets within the 12th house, especially if the friends connect on a spiritual level and possibly also share their own 12th and 8th house experiences with each other, such as parent's divorce, mother's death, violence within the family that is hidden from the outside world etc.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:56 am

Arena wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:19 am
I guess you can just make a chart of the composite as if it was a natal and then dynamically move the solar arcs to see planetary hits.
Not possible. I do wish SF had a feature where you could just input positions and store as a chart, but it doesn't (and, in fact, it would be quite difficult given how SF works). The Composite never existed at any point in history as an actual chart, so you can't calculate it from a time or place.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:35 am

You got me interested to also look into the composite charts with my children Steve.

Very interesting.
Looking at the most influential planets on the charts.

With oldest son:
Jupiter partile conj MC.
An exact square of Pluto to AC. Pluto is also partile trine the Moon. I guess this explains a "separative theme" as he was always partly shared with his father who did not live with us at any time... and then the final separation that happened in his teenage. Wow, strange to see this.
Uranus square the MC.
Venus widely conj AC, along with Mars and Sun in 1st sign.

Solar arcs:
AC touching Venus in year 7, which is when I started a relationship with his step father.
AC to Mars in year 15, which is when we had a major "fight" and he moved out of the house permanently to his father.
AC to Sun in year 18, which is now when he is blooming, our relationship is good now and he is becoming known for his music.

With middle son:
Pluto partile conj MC in opposition to Venus on the IC.
Sun partile square the AC, sits with Mars and Mer in 4th sign.
Moon-Saturn square.

With daughter:
Mercury is the closest planet to angle, partile conj MC, sitting in conj with Mars in opposition to Moon. Sun is wider, but still foreground about 9° from the MC and Venus is about 5° from the DSC.
Moon is part of a grand trine with Venus and Uranus.
Saturn is partile sq Pluto.
Saturn is about 11° from the DSC with Jupiter on the opposite side about 16° from the ASC.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:16 pm

Arena wrote:
Like you see I asked if there was a particularly Saturnian period 13 years into the marriage because I see the comp AC regresses to Saturn at that time. I was not checking midpoint hits, but I guess that could be explored as well.
Yes, and your above words prompted me to first look at angular hits with my wife’s and I composite chart using SAs at 1 degree a year for arcing the midpoints of the composite to the angles, and arching the angles to the composite midpoints. There is one thing we know for sure with SAs and standard charting: angular hits with 0,90,180 times major life events, more so with the 0 & 180 imo. I simplified a mental composite exercise with my composite chart (thanks to your SA observation Arena), first starting with the composite midpoint of my Saturn since I quickly noticed in 13 years from the beginning of our marriage (Jan 1971), composite Saturn SA to composite ASC. This definitely timed the worst economic and emotional downer in the entire history of our 48 year relationship—this intrigued me. Next, I mentally checked to see when our composite relationship experienced the time frame when a SA angle arced to a benefic composite midpoint. I mentally noticed our SA ASC would arc to the partile cnj of composite Sun-Venus in app 21 years from Jan 1971, this just so happened to be within one year when SA MC arched to 180 composite Jupiter. So we have these two important benefic hits with SA angles to our composite chart in 1991-1992: SA ASC = SUN-VENUS and SA MC = JUPITER! This exactly produced the best time in our 48 year relationship from an economic and very happy time in our 48 year relationship! This was the exact time my wife and and cashed-out of our careers by selling our Theater business to a large Theater circuit. I though to myself: Damn, am I discovering something important with this simple SA angular exercise with a composite chart? I am just now beginning to see/understand what Hand saw when he first began to investigate the composite chart and then writing his definitive book on composite charting.

I think it important for us to note and think about: The modern looks-see with a composite chart was done in history in 70’S, only by a handful of very proficient mathematical astrologers, Jim included--they were the only astrologers who could calculate and produce a composite chart. This was the time before astrological programmed personal computers. It is my belief these handful of proficient astrologers could not test a-lot of these composite charts for various reasons, but saw enough valid symbolism with the composite chart to allow interesting possibilities, but from a whole astrological community standpoint the composite chart has died on the vine without much exposure to the astrological community as a whole. In other words: the entire astrological community in the World are not aware of the possible important implications for the composite chart, and relationships are and will always be the number one priority with the World at large. If I was a computer programmer, the first thing I would do is write a composite program which would allow anyone to dynamically cast a composite chart from the beginning of important relationships. If SAs with the angles of a composite chart are indeed timing important timing periods in a long standing relationship, this possible astrological composite program could prove to be invaluable to any long term relationships for possibly helping in managing their relationship with more harmony. With what little research I have done with the composite chart, it is opening my mind to the distinct possibility composite charting has slipped beneath the astrological community's radar as a possible prime chart for important life relationships.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:27 am

Here are the A rated birth data for John & Jacqueline Kennedy:
JFK: May 29, 1917 3:00 PM EST, Brookline Massachusetts
Jacqueline Kennedy: July 28, 1929 2:30 PM EST, Southampton, New York

Their composite chart is linked below. They were married Sept 12 1953. The most striking feature in the composite chart based on Sidereal Astrology principles is obviously the composite partile cnj of Moon-Sun. Other main Sidereal Astrology principles are the partile aspects of Saturn-Pluto 90, and partile 120 of Mars-Uranus. Remember, partile aspects with the main principles of Sidereal Astrology ‘reign supreme!’

Now, let’s test Arena’s observation with the possibility that Solar Arcs may work with composite charts signaling important events in the relationship, with the marriage date marking the beginning of a couple’s composite chart. The assignation of JFK occurred Nov 23 1963, app 10 years after the marriage. Nothing shows-up with the SA angles in the composite chart, but there is par-excellent symbolism for the assassination when we Solar Arc the composite’s partile Moon-Sun cnj 10 degrees/years and see it hits a partile cnj with composite Mars, remembering composite Mars is partile 120 composite Uranus. Again, this is par-excellent symbolism for the event of the assassination of JFK pertaining to the relationship of the composite chart.

John & Jacqueline Kennedy Composite:

https://imgur.com/BKxniqC

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:16 am

Steve, I think I missed a few posts here... I'm unclear on what the bais is for considering that Solar Arcs (or other 1° directions run only from the date of marriage. You did find an interesting example of that here, but the idea that natural cycles commence from something so arbitrary as a human cultural event makes no sense.

Jack and Jackie's composite Solar Arcs are the positions of their individual Solar Arcs composited for a given date. Partile hard aspects for his assasination are:

d Mars ssq. c Pluto 31'
d Mars ssq. c Saturn 36'
d Jupiter conj. c Pluto 50'
d Jupiter sq. c Saturn 55'
d Merury ssq. r Venus 55'

The closest are directed Mars' aspects to the 05' compoite Saturn-Pluto square, the closest aspect of the composite.

BTW, just mentioning in passing since I don't want to do a hard touch on houses (I still don't think we have any quality evidence houses exist, but do think we should consider how the earliest proponents of Composites used them)... In hindsight, the Kennedy marriage is defined in most people's mind by one event, Jack's murder, and the huge trauma unleashed by that. It's interesting, therefore, that their composite has five planets in the 8th house including both luminaries. Simplest readinig of the chart is, "This relation exists primarily for an 8th house purpose." Those planets are also the concentration point of nearly all the important aspects of the chart, including the Sun-Moon conjunction, Pluto anchoring the Saturn-Pluto square, and Venus anchoring the Venus-Uranus square.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

Just to clarify what I was doing with testing the SA movement - I did not say "with the marriage date marking the beginning of a couple’s composite chart" ... I just made the assumption that the start date would be the date the couple "meets as a couple" or starts a relationship. In my own case that was in March 2007, so that is when I started counting the angle movement. That is of course sometimes some years before a wedding takes place - and sometimes a wedding never takes place. The timing of the wedding might even show up as happy time with Venus or Jupiter in the composite chart.

I wasn't even sure we would see anything by this method, but I thought it could be interesting to look into it to see if it seems to mark any milestones within the story of the relationship.

I think that if you want to use the date of the marriage and see SA movements, you should just take the date and time of the wedding itself (not the composite) and then move the angles of that chart to see if they show you a story as well. Possibly the story of this marriage can be see with a combination of charts, the composite, the synastry chart and the wedding chart (if there is a wedding).

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am

Jim, I am analyzing these composite charts somewhat differently with the standard SA directing of the composite chart itself, but certainly not insinuating there is any fault in the way you, Townley or Hand analyzes the composite chart by forming a new composite chart with two Solar Arcs Natal Charts to a specific time.

I am taking the composite chart as no different than a natal chart and using the cosmobiologist system of Solar Arching the planets and angles, using a simple count of app 1 degree = 1 year since I can’t dynamically set the composite chart-up with SF, basically no different than we would Solar Arc natal planets and natal angles for SA Directions isolating incidents/events in an astrological Natal Life. With my understanding using Hand’s book he tells me to read the composite chart no different as a Natal Chart but reading the composite chart with:
… particular stress laid on personal relationships such as friendship, love affairs, marriage, and the like, but with very little stretching of the imagination they can be applied to almost any kind of human relationship, profession, family , or whatever.
Both Townley and Hand stated they were very impressed using the composite chart with more than two natives which intrigues me very much, but SF will not allow the calculation more than two natives composite chart. This peaks my interest from a family standpoint particularly with dysfunctional families as one unit.

By a deep personal understanding of my wife’s and I 48 year relationship through the composite chart marriage beginning in Jan 1971, I know without a doubt the standard system of SA directing is timing major events using the composite chart beginning with the date of our marriage. So, I want to take other know beginnings of marriages and further test the standard system of Solar Arcing these composite midpoints in a composite chart, timing major events in the relationship. Through my early testing of the composite chart with my own personal astrological techniques, I am now beginning to whole heartily see/understand why Hand made the bold statement:
I have found the technique of composite charts, as described in this book, to be the most reliable and descriptive new astrological technique that I have ever encountered.
I feel strongly we can improve upon Townley/Hand's systems of analyzing the composite chart with simple principles of Sidereal Astrology!

When Arena asked the question could with direct with SAs the Composite chart factors from a beginning point, checking for life events with the relationship composite chart, I thought to myself what a great way to further prove the composite chart for timing major events in a marriage or any kind of relationship as time unfolded with the relationship. Ebertin strongly believed SA directing were co-determinates of fated incidents in the life of a natal chart, and so far with my early testing, I think SA directing the angles and midpoints in a relationship composite chart, are proving these SA directions with the stand alone composite chart are also co-determinates of fated incidents as long as the relationship exists.

It appears the standard method of directing with SAs the composite chart is just another personal astrological self-discovery for me (thanks Arena) on an individual basis with my partile 90 Natal Sun-Uranus. It will soon be forgotten by my mind moving on to other possible discoveries. I also think the SA direction of my Natal Mercury t-squaring my partile 90 Natal Sun-Uranus is timing these recent new discoveries for me with the McWhirter NYSE chart and the Boyd chart, pertaining to SAs directions along with principles of Sidereal Astrology with these new chart discoveries is sparking new learning for me on an individual basis, to be applied in my own individual manner. Hand encourage all astrologers to experiment with the composite chart realizing every astrologer:
…must develop techniques of analysis based on their individual experience, and no one should use my experience or anyone else’s as a substitute for his or her own.
What I really want to be able to do is further testing of the composite chart with standard SA directing with a beginning marriage and an ending divorce as probably one of the major events in a relationship composite life. It certainly livens-up my retired life. :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:04 am
I am taking the composite chart as no different than a natal chart and using the cosmobiologist system of Solar Arching the planets and angles, using a simple count of app 1 degree = 1 year since I can’t dynamically set the composite chart-up with SF, basically no different than we would Solar Arc natal planets and natal angles for SA Directions isolating incidents/events in an astrological Natal Life.
No problem with that, ofcourse - it's a close estimate and can be fine-tuned later. Because each person's individual Solar Arc is about 1°/year, the average of the two is about 1°/year.

But it looked like you were only starting this from the date of marriage, three decades into their individual lives, which means the results would be about a sign off.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:18 am

Steve, can you please tell me how far into your relationship your wedding day took place?
If your relationship start and then a wedding date are very close in time... perhaps the angle movement of the composite will make total sense. However, if the relationship starts like mine, in year 2007 and that's when I start moving those angles and as in my case we see the angle move to Venus in the year when we actually did put up the rings and promise to wed at a later time ... but then it never happens ... the composite chart still exists and still describes the story of that couple, even the SA angle movements.

So I am just emphasising that it may not be the actual date of a wedding that you would use as a start point, but rather just the time when the couple met and started dating. This is why I am asking how close in time those two dates are for yourself and your wife?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am

I'm till unclear on what basis one would pick an arbitrary date (arbitrary in terms of actual astrological factcors) to start counting directions. They are active from birth.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:38 am

I understand your perspective Jim.

Well, my thinking was that actually there is no relationship between two people until there is an actual relationship in the physical world. F.ex. with my partner - I did not know of his existence nor did I have any kind of relationship with him until I actually did meet him and started dating. I am now going to check the chart for our first meeting as a couple and see if the SA movements of that chart also reveal something to me.

F.ex. with my children, the relationship starts right from their birth. But with other people in my life my relationship with them starts at a certain time and I just wanted to see if the composite chart would reveal any kind of timings of milestones by moving the angles 1 degree per year from the start point of the relationship. I don't know if testing 100 charts will be done - but what we are finding so far is quite interesting.

For you and your partner who are getting married this year, decades into your relationship, I would think the composite might reveal this if moving the angles and planets from the date you starting your courtship. Can you check and tell us if it does Jim? But please, just count one degree for each year since the start date of your courtship/dating (do not correct by 4 degrees) and tell us if the angles or Venus or Jupiter are involved this year, which marks a milestone in the relationship = your wedding.
Last edited by Arena on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:43 am

It occurs to me, Steve, that part of what you are seeking here is a way to quickly mentally calculate Solar Arcs in the Composite. This is complicated (compared to a natal) because it doesn't have a single starting point, like a person's birth.

The basic approach is that if you calculate the exact Composite Solar Arc for any specific date, then you can go forward 1° a year from that date on and be "close enough for gov'ment work." The question is how to do this easily.

Here's the easiest key I know: It rests on the fact that, by the time the Younger person is born, their composite directed Solar Arc is already advanced by half the difference in their age, aproxomately. Marion is eight and a half years younger than me, so my progressed Sun had already moved 8°33' by the time she was born. Cut that in half: 4°17', or about 4°.

So, at any point in our lives, our Composite Solar Arc (to the nearest degree) will be her age plus 4°.

Work it out once and you'll see it;s pretty easy. Since she's close to her 56th birthday, our Composite Solar Arc is 56° plus that 4° correction, or 60°.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am

OK, I look upon a wedding as normally a very emotional ritualistic major event in the actual life of a relationship, its a birth no matter how much sex or other goings on happened before the actual marriage, otherwise why are there actual marriage ceremony? No different than any other highly ritualistic beginnings the ancients practice. Its damn sure an important beginning with major relationships, and Hand is telling us the composite chart is the most important chart of em all, based on his research! This ritualistic marriage beginning should be able to include all standard astrological techniques of looking into the future for the marriage relationship composite chart. In other words, the way I understand Hand's book, the composite chart is the beginning chart with an actual marriage! Solar Arcs proves to be a gold standard for looking into the future or looking with hindsight for major life incidents with the Natal and by my early research it appears with the composite relationship chart itself.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:05 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am
OK, I look upon a wedding as normally a very emotional ritualistic major event in the actual life of a relationship, its a birth no matter how much sex or other goings on happened before the actual marriage, otherwise why are there actual marriage ceremony?
Of course. And this makes the wedding chart itself a valid "radical" chart. Even with people for whom it is not the kind of event you describe, it is still a significant legal contract, and those akso are valid charts (valid "starts") on their own.

But you would't (for example) start your own solar arcs (of your birth chart) from your wedding date (or a job start date or some other date) - you'd always take them from your birthdate. Even the most romantic person proclaiming, "My life didn't begin until I met you!" doesn't mean that literally. They had progressions and directions and solunars and transits long before.

So what you are doing makes sense when applied to the wedding chart itself - what really begins at that moment - but not to some other chart that did not begin at that moment.
In other words, the way I understand Hand's book, the composite chart is the beginning chart with an actual marriage!
I'm not sure what that means. A Composite chart is a product of two (or more) other birth charts and exists as soon as both people are born. It exists decades before they actually knew each other.. It doesn't begin at some other date later in time.

Let me give you an example. Marion and I first met in May 2001, years beore we had a "significant" relationship. We met at a gathering of friends and, while we had enough casual interaction to detect that there was probably an excellent friendship, it didn't go any further for many years.

On that first meeting, though, the Composite was already "in play." Our Composite Ascendant is 3°37' Cancer, and the Compoite's Solar Arc composite Moon was 3°11' Cancer. Composite SA Jupiter at 22°16' Gemini squared Composite MC 21°58' Pisces. That shows something of the "first meeting" experience.

There were also restrictions and limitations in play. (I was in another relationship at the time so, even had "sparks" flown, there would have been barriers.) This was also shown by the Composite solar arcs of our first meeting. cSA Venus 7°10' Pisces was square composite Saturn 6°54'. cSA Saturn 18°24' Capricorn was opposite composite Sun 18°15' Cancer. That then there is the strangely psychic, surrealistic cSA Neptune 21°52' Scorpio opposite composite Moon 21°42' Taurus. These many dynamics were in play in advance ofour meeting - setting up the conditions of the meeting and the conditions in our lives at the time.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:55 pm

I understand where you are coming from Jim. IMO, one can start a relationship composite at any specific time they so choose, only they would know the best time to possibly start a Composite from a possible beginning point. In my composite relationship chart with my wife of 48 years I chose to begin the composite with our marriage date and it damn well is proving the standard procedure for SA directing is timing precisely to the exact year very significant incidents in our marriage.

Another most excellent example: When SA composite Saturn (34 years from beginning of marriage, Jan 1971) partile cnj composite Sun-Venus partile cnj--- is the first time our marriage was tested with serious seducing separating influences from other persons which came very close to splitting the marriage apart. Without knowing how each of us individually reacted to this Saturn influence, after the fact it was known to us, we both told the other persons we were happily married; otherwise, we both would have jumped in bed with the other persons for a very long time :) If there was ever a time in our marriage where I though seriously about a possible divorce was when SA composite Saturn Arc to composite Sun Venus, same for her as well. This standard SA directing from a beginning point of a marriage is what is proving big time to my Mercury mind the Composite Chart is a very important chart no matter the different astrological techniques used for analyzing the Composite Chart.

I doubt you will every publish another book, but if you ever decide to do so, if I had the writing talent you have as a Sidereal Astrologer, probably an updated Composite Book (its been 40 years since Hand's book) along with a correct composite computer program would be well received if there is still a sizable astrological community left like there was in the 70s???

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:16 pm

I don't ever see myself writing anything more than a few pages on the Composite chart. Why is a new book needed?

And my plan is to get, over the years remaining, one gigantic book ready to go or published - worked up to with several lesser volumes building toward an "A to Z" type work of Sidereal astrology. One must simply live long enough...
Steve wrote:IMO, one can start a relationship composite at any specific time they so choose, only they would know the best time to possibly start a Composite from a possible beginning point.
One can certainly choose to start a relationship whenever one wants, but the Composite chart is a mathematical product that exists independent of when a relationship starts. One can have (has!) a Composite chart with billlions of people one will never meet. (It's not good for anything, but the Composite exists in each case because it's simply a relationship.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm

May I please ask you both to answer the questions I asked above?

Steve, how long a time passed from when you met and started the courtship with your wife and until you got married? I see you mention your relationship was tested... it seems to be at a similar timing for the SA Pluto to your comp AC, right?

And Jim, can you please tell us what you see when you move your composite from the time you actually started the courtship with your partner and then if something special is going on this year, 2019, when the couple gets married? Just by moving one degree for each year from the start date of your relationship until now?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Here's my Composite with Donald J. Trump. Laugh yourself silly :)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Jim asked:
Why is a new book needed?
Because relationships are the priority! It seems to me since Composite teachings came out so long ago preceding the personal computer, astrologers worldwide would relish a new book with lots of examples mixed for the first time with certain Sidereal Astrology teachings, now with a PC in most households. I was very familiar with all of Robert Hand's seminar teachings back in the 70's-80s, and never did I see any specific seminars from him or any other astrologer on the Composite Chart. But maybe a wider astrological audience in California at that time?

Jim wrote:
One must simply live long enough..
You got that right! :)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Arena wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm
And Jim, can you please tell us what you see when you move your composite from the time you actually started the courtship with your partner and then if something special is going on this year, 2019, when the couple gets married? Just by moving one degree for each year from the start date of your relationship until now?
Applying 1°/year from that time forward, nothing at all is partile this year.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm

Arena asked:
Steve, how long a time passed from when you met and started the courtship with your wife and until you got married?
We met in June 1970 through my best friend—they were cousins. We married in Jan 1971.

Arena wrote:
I see you mention your relationship was tested... it seems to be at a similar timing for the SA Pluto to your comp AC, right?
Yes, same time comp SA Saturn=Sun-Venus. Damn good catch Arena!

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

:lol: Yes Jim! Explains a-lot with you and Trump’s composite. Gave me the insight to check out the composite that almost broke my marriage apart. Note that partile Mercury-Venus cnj and with a Sidereal Astrology slant with partile Mars cnj WP in RA. Just by noting the angular planets---well we all get the picture of Venus-Mars!

A flirting seducing composite relationship between me and Steph:
https://imgur.com/u8PSuvH

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:38 pm

Ive been reading and looking at composite chart for the past year pretty hard core.

It showed me the fine interweaving of all existance, living and not. 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon to the max.

My composite chart with my mother, may she rest in peace, is as valid today as when she was living.

I looked at yours and Mr. trumps too Jim and I did laugh and I thought about what if you two were in an elevator.

It also made me think of certain specific geometric pattern I had looked into in sacred geometry and the paths of the planets and things like light and sound and hrtz. But maybe I was just letting my mind wander down into fancy with some of that, but I did see deep patterns and strange combinations unfolding as i progressed and progressed and progressed certain charts.

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:41 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:33 pm
Arena wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:24 pm
Applying 1°/year from that time forward, nothing at all is partile this year.
Anything within 2°?

Arena
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Arena » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:46 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm
Arena asked:
Steve, how long a time passed from when you met and started the courtship with your wife and until you got married?
We met in June 1970 through my best friend—they were cousins. We married in Jan 1971.
Yes, this is what I would have thought. Your date of meeting/courtship is so close to your wedding date that you would not actually be able to see much difference in SA comp.

Keep in mind the solar arcs from the point in time when a courtship starts. Jim and I are good examples of this... we are both in a long term partnership with people, but there is no wedding date (yet) ... so my idea is that the composite may rather be "started" from the day the courtship starts. But there is also Jim's perspective of it being in play from birth, even though the people haven't met. So I guess this need quite a bit of testing :) ...but not ONLY the wedding date, but rather compare with first meeting/first courtship date when it comes to couples.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:57 am

Arena wrote:
Keep in mind the solar arcs from the point in time when a courtship starts.
For sure Arena, could be more important than the wedding date, and no doubt if there is no wedding date.

Arena wrote:
…so my idea is that the composite may rather be "started" from the day the courtship starts.
This makes good sense to me.

Arena wrote:
So I guess this need quite a bit of testing :) ...but not ONLY the wedding date, but rather compare with first meeting/first courtship date when it comes to couples.
Without a doubt Arena -lots of testing. It is somewhat difficult to get lots of samples with accurate data for a starting date of courtship, along with the main incidents with any types of long- standing relationships, probably there is a lot of private stuff never to be known for a reliable statistical analysis. Maybe a good source would be married Hollywood couples who had been married for many years---then divorced. Or when one of the spouses passed away ending the relationship, but I am not sure I would want to know this type of info with proven SAs. This type married/divorce info would probably be easy to access on the internet. So far, all I really know as appearing as a valid technique with SAing the composite chart itself is with my marriage relationship composite and with JFK/Jacqueline Kennedy composite. I still have lots of questions about the composite chart but still think an improved way to see more clearly into a composite chart is with main principles of Sidereal Astrology. House delineations appear to be working with 4 or more midpoints in the same house, but House delineation is a very tricky/vague business. I am probably going to be analyzing more composite charts of public couples with Solar Arcing if I can find reliable data.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:55 am

The more I peer into the workings of a composite chart with my marriage relationship of 48 years as explained by Robert Hand in his definitive book, ‘Planets In Composite,’ the more I am seeing profound significance of the Composite Chart. Hand writes from his book:
The composite chart deals with relationships in a new way. The technique takes into account the fact that a relationship of any kind is not simply two (or more) people together; it is also an entity in its own right. If two people are involved with each other, there are three entities—the two people and their relationship. Often in everyday experience we know of people whose being together makes no sense but who have an excellent and fulfilling relationship. Somehow, being together calls up parts of themselves that were not apparent before. These new parts really belong to the third entity, the relationship.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:50 am

When I looked at the composite charts, progressing, over the course of my life with:
My mother
My father
My six siblings
My first boyfriend
My husband
My two children
And Craig, who I have a sun/venus opposition/conjunction
As well as some others who I have had meaningful connections with.....

I see very clearly how ALL of these relationships are intermingled within me, and carry with me as I progress in life. And how my particapation with those people is within them as well as they carry themselves through life.

The profound chart I have with my children the moment Sabrina was born is alive in all three of us, progressing in its own way based upon our own individual progressions. How we three us that in our own lives determines the quality of our time through space.

In psychology I would call this the collective unconsciousness.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:44 am

:D Very well stated V about the composite chart. I have no children, but if I did-- the composite chart would be the chief chart I would monitor with my children. I wish the teachings of the composite chart would be able to be taught to all beginning astrologers.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:46 am

Steven,
I wish the teachings of the composite charts could be taught to all. Thats how very important I feel it is.

I believe that when Jim....in first posting Craigs chart and giving his summary stated the importance of all of these charts when he causually said
It depends on how secure he is

This security we have as individuals is tied to our relationship to all the others in the world. If some ties are shaky or weak or strong and deep they will carry into all of our relationships.

Jim has also pointed out that there is always something more to look into. To focus on and examine. When we actively engage in a relationship and put focus and attention, time and space, we are stengthening or giving energy to something, for good or ill. Its our choices in which relationships we focus on and feed into that determines the quality of our life.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:29 am

V wrote:
I wish the teachings of the composite charts could be taught to all.
Me too V. When I first purchased Hand’s book ‘Planets In Composite’ back in the late 70s, I think (can’t remember for sure) I read a little of the book and gave up on the book because I immediately realized I couldn’t calculate the composite chart, not enough math/astronomy skills. Then by ancient I was rummaging through some stored boxes of old astrology books a couple of weeks ago, which I culled out many years ago thinking they were no use to me, and found Hand’s book realizing I now had a computer and SF which could calculate a composite chart in seconds. And now more and more I am seeing the value of this book for astrologers worldwide. Hand stated in his book:
When I first encountered composites charts in 1972 I was not impressed. It struck me as a formal mathematical device based on a gimmick that did not reflect any kind of astrological reality. Needless to say, this was an a priori opinion not based on experience, which illustrates the danger of such judgments in astrology. Later I became convinced that the technique was valid…
This is exactly what happened to me when I first started reading Hand’s composite book—I was very skeptical but the more I looked deeper into other couple’s composites which I had known for a long time—the more I realized—geez this is a very important book and chart which appears to have slipped beneath the astrological community radar. Its like I found a valuable gold coin with a metal detector buried deep underground, which is exciting my astrological soul very much with new important astrological discoveries. :)

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Composite Charts for Natal Midpoints

Post by Veronica » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm
There are two terribly interesting mathematical properties of many Composite chart aspects that arise from Composite planets being midpoints.

These two mathematical properties add an interesting complexity to judging the importance of the Composite: The math quirks identify factors that would be present and significant even if the Composite chart has no value. Do they, therefore, explain why chart seems to work sometimes and not others? Or do they reinforce factors that already exist in the respective natals or in synastry?

Here are the two interesting features:

1. If both people have the same natal aspect, then the Composite will have that aspect. For example, if both people have Mercury conjunct Saturn, then the Composite will have Mercury conjunct Saturn. If one has Mercury-Saturn conjunct and the other Mercury-Saturn opposite, the Composite chart will have Mercury square Saturn. - The orb in the Composite will be the average of the orbs in the natals, which sometimes makes weak natal aspects strong in the Composite. If the Composite is actually valid, this is a way to draw out lesser traits in each person, reflecting the common observation that latent similarities between people become stronger when they are together.

2. If the same planetary interchange (co-aspect) exists both directions between the two charts - that is, if each person's A aspects the other person's B - then the Composite will have those to planets in that aspect. The orb in the Composite will be the average of the orbs of the two co-aspects, which would make weak interchanges stronger in the Composite. The strength of this characteristic may be because the Composite is valid, or it may simply be that the composite shows an aspect that already exists two other ways between their charts.

An example of No. 1: I have Mercury conjunct Saturn, with Mercury 2°24' past Saturn (+2°24'). Anna-Kria has Mercury conjunct Saturn with Mercury 5°06' before Saturn (-5°06'). Average these two orbs and get -1°21': Our Composite indeed has a Mercury-Saturn conjunction with an orb of 1°21'.

Another example of No. 1: I have Mercury conjunct Saturn, with Mercury 2°24' past Saturn (+2°24'). Marion has Mercury square Saturn with Mercury 1°22' before Saturn (-1°22'). Average these two orbs and get +0°31', and average the conjunction and square to get a semi-square: Our Composite has a Mercury-Saturn sesqui-square with an orb of 0°31'.

An example of No. 2: Anna-Kria's Venus 6°18' Capricorn widely squares my Neptune at 1°20' Libra (+4°58'). My Venus at 1°53' Scorpio widely squares her Neptune at 7°37' Leo (-5°44'). Average these two orbs to get 0°23' and, indeed, our Composite has a 0°23' Venus-Neptune square.

Another example of No. 2: Marion's Venus 19°28' Aries squares my Mercury at 17°21' Libra (+2°08'). My Venus at 1°53' Scorpio opposes her Mercury at 27°31' Aries (+4°22'). Average these two orbs to get +3°15' and, indeed, our Composite has a 3°15' Mercury-Venus opposition.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm
There are two terribly interesting mathematical properties of many Composite chart aspects that arise from Composite planets being midpoints.

These two mathematical properties add an interesting complexity to judging the importance of the Composite: The math quirks identify factors that would be present and significant even if the Composite chart has no value. Do they, therefore, explain why chart seems to work sometimes and not others? Or do they reinforce factors that already exist in the respective natals or in synastry?

Here are the two interesting features:

1. If both people have the same natal aspect, then the Composite will have that aspect. For example, if both people have Mercury conjunct Saturn, then the Composite will have Mercury conjunct Saturn. If one has Mercury-Saturn conjunct and the other Mercury-Saturn opposite, the Composite chart will have Mercury square Saturn. - The orb in the Composite will be the average of the orbs in the natals, which sometimes makes weak natal aspects strong in the Composite. If the Composite is actually valid, this is a way to draw out lesser traits in each person, reflecting the common observation that latent similarities between people become stronger when they are together.

2. If the same planetary interchange (co-aspect) exists both directions between the two charts - that is, if each person's A aspects the other person's B - then the Composite will have those to planets in that aspect. The orb in the Composite will be the average of the orbs of the two co-aspects, which would make weak interchanges stronger in the Composite. The strength of this characteristic may be because the Composite is valid, or it may simply be that the composite shows an aspect that already exists two other ways between their charts.

An example of No. 1: I have Mercury conjunct Saturn, with Mercury 2°24' past Saturn (+2°24'). Anna-Kria has Mercury conjunct Saturn with Mercury 5°06' before Saturn (-5°06'). Average these two orbs and get -1°21': Our Composite indeed has a Mercury-Saturn conjunction with an orb of 1°21'.

Another example of No. 1: I have Mercury conjunct Saturn, with Mercury 2°24' past Saturn (+2°24'). Marion has Mercury square Saturn with Mercury 1°22' before Saturn (-1°22'). Average these two orbs and get +0°31', and average the conjunction and square to get a semi-square: Our Composite has a Mercury-Saturn sesqui-square with an orb of 0°31'.

An example of No. 2: Anna-Kria's Venus 6°18' Capricorn widely squares my Neptune at 1°20' Libra (+4°58'). My Venus at 1°53' Scorpio widely squares her Neptune at 7°37' Leo (-5°44'). Average these two orbs to get 0°23' and, indeed, our Composite has a 0°23' Venus-Neptune square.

Another example of No. 2: Marion's Venus 19°28' Aries squares my Mercury at 17°21' Libra (+2°08'). My Venus at 1°53' Scorpio opposes her Mercury at 27°31' Aries (+4°22'). Average these two orbs to get +3°15' and, indeed, our Composite has a 3°15' Mercury-Venus opposition.
In my looking into these charts with my relationships ans seeing them ebb and flow in cycles I am struck by the long term locking in of certain aspects between the outer planets and how even over time the inner planets get somewhat locked into certain apects.
For example saturn to pluto or saturn to jupiter. Several of my relationships have this ( and both parties have it in progressed charts).
That locking in seems like an undertone to a long term pattern that will be a cornerstone for the relationship swings.
While the movement of the inner planets and luminaries progress through the houses and bring new environment s to the relationship it seems to me that the steady aspects that persist over long durations of time are the ones that have the weight to carry the relationship on in healthy meaningful ways.

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:39 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:29 am
V wrote:
I wish the teachings of the composite charts could be taught to all.
Me too V. When I first purchased Hand’s book ‘Planets In Composite’ back in the late 70s, I think (can’t remember for sure) I read a little of the book and gave up on the book because I immediately realized I couldn’t calculate the composite chart, not enough math/astronomy skills. Then by ancient I was rummaging through some stored boxes of old astrology books a couple of weeks ago, which I culled out many years ago thinking they were no use to me, and found Hand’s book realizing I now had a computer and SF which could calculate a composite chart in seconds. And now more and more I am seeing the value of this book for astrologers worldwide. Hand stated in his book:
When I first encountered composites charts in 1972 I was not impressed. It struck me as a formal mathematical device based on a gimmick that did not reflect any kind of astrological reality. Needless to say, this was an a priori opinion not based on experience, which illustrates the danger of such judgments in astrology. Later I became convinced that the technique was valid…
This is exactly what happened to me when I first started reading Hand’s composite book—I was very skeptical but the more I looked deeper into other couple’s composites which I had known for a long time—the more I realized—geez this is a very important book and chart which appears to have slipped beneath the astrological community radar. Its like I found a valuable gold coin with a metal detector buried deep underground, which is exciting my astrological soul very much with new important astrological discoveries. :)
well Steve you referred me to Hand last year and I followed up on it. I was also put on it by a few things Jim and JSAD talked about. Ive mentioned it in my postings over the past year here and there as the relationship I have with Craig blows me outa the water and I couldnt exactly say why, which ....im a girl who likes to know why.

As a gambler at heart I am very sure you feel like you found a nugget. Its rich indeed😀🍀

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks V for posting Jim's important thoughts on the composite chart and your own interesting observations. I really appreciate your input. :)

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am

Apparently I thought what he said was so important that I posted it twice.

It is important and a nifty thing about math and how patterns arise.

Steve I saw your composite of you and your wife.
Is that chart from the original natals of you both?
I am curious where after that length of time you are now, can you provide the progressed chart as well?
As a romantic heart it is nice to see long lived love like yours. You are both blessed.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:48 pm

V wrote:
It is important and a nifty thing about math and how patterns arise.
Exactly V, your statement here touches on a-lot of truth involving the nature of things! When I think about the math involved with a composite chart producing a circle with two people's midpoints placed mathematically perfectly inside this circle, ensouling a third entity of a relationship itself with two human beings, using certain techniques of astrology it reminds of what Faraday said:
There is nothing in the Universe but mathematical points of force.
And then:
Everything in existence is based on exact proportion and perfect relationship. There is no chance in nature, because mathematical principles of the highest order lie at the foundation of all things.

Hand describes the math involved with a composite chart as embodying the principles of potent mathematical vectors involving the science of physics calculated in time & space, which is absolutely mind blowing when peering into a composite chart with techniques of astrology.

V wrote and asked:
Steve I saw your composite of you and your wife.
Is that chart from the original natals of you both?
Yes it is from our original natals (time) and birth locations (space).
My Natal: 9/20/1947, 10:00 AM CST, Albertville, Alabama 34N16, 86W13
My Wife’s Natal: 10/20/1950, 11:07 PM EST, Columbus, Georgia 32N28, 84W59
Current Residence: Springville, Alabama

V wrote:
As a romantic heart it is nice to see long lived love like yours. You are both blessed.
I understand V and thank you, mathematical nature involving time & space truly ‘blessed’ us with our composite chart with the benefics. Our composite chart is the main chart which astrologically explains to my mind WHY our composite relationship has survived so long. We are all encased in a very deep mystery of time and space with symbolic principles of the planets, which astrologers understand better than anyone on the planet. :)

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:29 am

I dont know if you have read John Townley's book Composite Charts, if you havnt you may want to go check the book out on Amazon. It has a fantastic excerpt that gets into the higher math involved.
I was going to cut and paste some points made: ie the idea of the midpoint being the shoreline....and the passing off of energies....
But to do so would most likely infringe on copyright and I would have to post a conciderable portion to express those idea....and I dont have his permission.....
So just thought Id mention it.
Very cool ideas that really bring many the many fields of art and science all together.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:00 am

V wrote:
I dont know if you have read John Townley's book Composite Charts, if you havnt you may want to go check the book out on Amazon. It has a fantastic excerpt that gets into the higher math involved. I was going to cut and paste some points made: ie the idea of the midpoint being the shoreline....and the passing off of energies....But to do so would most likely infringe on copyright and I would have to post a conciderable portion to express those idea....and I dont have his permission.....So just thought Id mention it. Very cool ideas that really bring many the many fields of art and science all together.
V, I have not read Townley’s book but I am definitely going to get around to reading his book. But it certainly is becoming obvious to me we are indeed dealing with some higher universal/mathematical principles with the Composite Chart. Thanks V for this important info.

Here is some further proof for the the Composite Chart as a very important valid Chart for the relationship itself:

Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton began their courtship in 1970, their freshman year at Yale. Their Composite Chart is linked below and there is some remarkable symbolism with transits and Solar Arcs to their Composite Chart midpoints with the Lewinsky Scandal, which came to light in 1998. The Lewinsky Scandal was the single most destructive time for their composite relationship in 1998.

t. Saturn and t. Neptune formed a partile 90 in 1998, with t. Saturn partile cnj Bill/Hillary Composite’s Dsc, partile 180 their composite’s Venus on composite’s Asc, for most of 1998. Also note composite Saturn had Solar Arc to composite Mars in 1998, a planetary combo known for destructive cycles. Also note composite partile Sun-Mercury cnj SA to partile cnj of composite Venus-Asc in 1998 receiving the partile 180 from t. Saturn. Remarkable planetary symbolism for timing the Lewinsky Scandal as a very destructive time for their relationship.

c Asc 04,49 Lib
c Venus 04,41 Lib
t. Saturn (1998) 04,49 Aries

Bill Clinton & Hillary Composite Chart:
https://imgur.com/8qkXzQ7

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 am

Jim wrote:
It occurs to me, Steve, that part of what you are seeking here is a way to quickly mentally calculate Solar Arcs in the Composite. This is complicated (compared to a natal) because it doesn't have a single starting point, like a person's birth.
Exactly Jim. What I am doing is endeavoring to find the approximate time for when the relationship begins, and then adding 1 degree/1 year to all the composite’s midpoints and angles for how many years the relationship has been in existence, in order to determine certain symbolic ‘outstanding incidents.’ during the relationship. So far with my spot checking this is proving a most interesting research exercise.

Jim wrote pertaining to the composite of John & Jacqueline Kennedy:
BTW, just mentioning in passing since I don't want to do a hard touch on houses (I still don't think we have any quality evidence houses exist, but do think we should consider how the earliest proponents of Composites used them)... In hindsight, the Kennedy marriage is defined in most people's mind by one event, Jack's murder, and the huge trauma unleashed by that. It's interesting, therefore, that their composite has five planets in the 8th house including both luminaries. Simplest reading of the chart is, "This relation exists primarily for an 8th house purpose." Those planets are also the concentration point of nearly all the important aspects of the chart, including the Sun-Moon conjunction, Pluto anchoring the Saturn-Pluto square, and Venus anchoring the Venus-Uranus square.
Exactly Jim! Hand from his Composite Book says about 8th House:
Traditionally, the 8th house is the house of death, but this meaning is not limited to actual physical death. We refer to the eighth house as the house of major transformations. A strong eighth house will very likely make a considerable impact on both partners, and is more likely to mean a relationship of great significance that will bring about major changes in the lives of the two people, especially at the psychological level.
IMO, using House symbolism for foresight is a very tricky task, but I have found using House symbolism in hindsight is most interesting.

The bold captions are mine--not Jim's.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:00 am

SteveS wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 am
Jim wrote:It occurs to me, Steve, that part of what you are seeking here is a way to quickly mentally calculate Solar Arcs in the Composite. This is complicated (compared to a natal) because it doesn't have a single starting point, like a person's birth.
Exactly Jim. What I am doing is endeavoring to find the approximate time for when the relationship begins, and then adding 1 degree/1 year to all the composite’s midpoints and angles for how many years the relationship has been in existence, in order to determine certain symbolic ‘outstanding incidents.’ during the relationship.
To be clear, this is not at all what I was suggesting. My instructions (in t he pst from which you quoted) on how to do this aren't what you're looking for, so ignore them. Nothing I have suggested (or will suggest) has anything to do with picking some arbitrary point in the middle of people's lives as a "zero point" for starting directions.

I'm dropping out of this thread.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:54 am

Jim wrote:
Nothing I have suggested (or will suggest) has anything to do with picking some arbitrary point in the middle of people's lives as a "zero point" for starting directions.
I clearly understand this Jim. For possible research purposes, I am not picking some arbitrary point in the middle of people’s lives with a composite chart. As a possible “zero point” for starting directions with a composite chart itself, I am picking the beginning point of a relationship to begin Solar Arc directing for a composite chart, seems like a logical point to begin a composite chart itself for directions, imo.

Jim wrote:
I'm dropping out of this thread.
:( I really don’t understand why. If I offended you in any manner, it certainly was not my intention. If I have posted anything which offends you or your astrological philosophy for your forum, please delete my post and I will surly understand. Since I feel I have rubbed you in the wrong manner with my posts in this thread, I will discontinue any further posts/research for composite charts.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:34 pm

Steve, you've moved so far from Hand's composite chart, I think you might rename your technique so people don't get it confused with Hand's techniques or Sidereal techniques.

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:47 pm

Jupe wrote:
Steve, you've moved so far from Hand's composite chart, I think you might rename your technique so people don't get it confused with Hand's techniques or Sidereal techniques.
Jupe, I am by recent observations noticing that by app Solar Arcing the midpoints and angles of a composite chart from the approximate beginning of a long-term relationship, using the standard Solar Arc formula 1 year = 1 degree, is pinpointing events/incidents with a composite relationship within a one year time frame. SF will not set-up the composite chart in dynamic mode in order to get a list of Solar Arc hits for a composite chart beginning a long-term relationship for a composite chart. Therefore, there is nothing left to do but mentally closely estimate with the formula 1 degree=1 year for Solar Arching the midpoints and angles of a composite chart for important events/incidents in a long term relationship. All I am observing is Solar Arching the composite chart itself with an app beginning of a long term relationship is timing important incidents in the life of the relationship. I think this could be very important for future young astrologers on this forum, and that is the spirit I am coming from. Jim seems to think this is nonsense but I think I have confused him which I understand. What few observations I have made with Solar Arching the midpoints and angles of a composite chart with an app beginning of a long-term relationship is offering par-excellent time frames for important incidents in a relationship.

Solar Arcing a Composite chart itself is not my technique, it’s only an observation as a possibility for a sound technique for the astrologer. Solar Arching is standard for a natal chart, I ask why not for a Composite Chart itself with an app time for a beginning a long-term relationship? A Natal Chart is a beginning with a birth, why not a Composite Chart for a beginning birth of a long term- relationship with an app beginning of the relationship itself, since a composite chart is the relationship chart. All I am doing as an observation with my limited research, is blending Solar Arching the composite chart itself with an app relationship beginning, with Hand’s book guidelines, as well as blending simple Sidereal Astrology techniques in order to possible offer the astrologer better tools for looking into the future Composite Chart itself.

I am afraid if I renamed Solar Arching a Composite Chart itself would cause more confusion than us just simply accepting the possibility: Simply Solar Arching the composite chart itself with the app beginning of a long lasting relationship offers excellent timing frames within one year for important events/incidents. But, I am not going to make a big deal out of my composite observations, its not that important to me. I was just posting in the spirit of a possible new discovery for us astrologers. I am not trying to invent anything new, only using the standard techniques we have for Solar Arching, Hand's techniques, and Sidereal Astrology techniques, as possible better tools. :)

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:01 pm

I'm not suggesting renaming progressing a chart using Solar Arcs should be renamed, although you seem to have done so (solar arching or arcing)

I'm suggesting you're no longer using Hand's version of Composite Charts, or anyone else's version, so not calling whatever you are using "composite chart" would be less confusing.

Maybe try Steve's couple technique?

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks Jupe for your suggestions. But, the last thing I want to do is possibly offend Jim in any manner. I will discontinue my observations/research with the Composite Chart on this forum. Besides, it was not that important, only a rambling discussion as my research unfolded, things an old person does when he is bored :) Maybe when I have a data base of 2-3 dozens Composite Charts of long-term relationship couples (A, AA rated) will I continue the thread or start a new one.