Upcoming U.S. natal chart progressions

General Discussion on Mundane Astrology matters for which a specific forum does not exist.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Upcoming U.S. natal chart progressions

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:54 am

As a continuing test of the best-proven U.S. chart (the "shortly past noon" Declaration of Independence chart), it is approaching a crisis point in secondary progressions. These particular Moon aspects have proven critical in the past, especially for the well-being of the president. Here are the dates:

p Moon op. r Mars
Orb: Jan 1 to Feb 28 (2018)
Exact: 1/30/18
On SNQ angles: 1/31/18 [one day after it is exact]

p Moon sq. r Neptune
Orb: Feb 4 to Apr 4 (2018)
Exact: 3/5/18

Overlap: February 4-28
SNQ volatile time: 2/6/18 (p Mars on MC, p Neptune sq Asc); 2/13/18 (t Saturn on Asc
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu
Re: Upcoming U.S. natal chart progressions

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 am

Jim, I wrote this post for this thread--before I noticed your Mid-term post.
Jim wrote:
These particular Moon aspects have proven critical in the past, especially for the well-being of the president.
I still maintain the best timing % for Trump to be removed from office, even if it is only a threat, is within his 2018 solar year. His Mundo 2018 SSR below, striking angular mundo aspects!!!

https://imgur.com/a/Ybgsa

And then when we see his eclipto 2018 SSR Bi-wheeled with his natal chart, we note Bradley’s “Removal” combo (Saturn-Neptune) with Trump’s rising SSR Saturn partile 90 his natal Neptune. There is only 3 ways I see Trump can actually be removed from office, regardless of all the media hype.
1: Health
2: His Party forces him out.
3: Impeachment (with present political party numbers—highly unlikely)

Jim. Since you are a keenly political observer, what has to happen in House/Senate with 2018 mid-term elections to shift balance of power in order to absolutely impeach??
Thump’s 2018 SSR bi-wheeled with his Natal—noting his SSR rising Saturn partile 90 his Natal Neptune. Noting t. Saturn partile cnj SSR Asc & partile 180 SSR Moon & Natal Mercury later during solar year. Very nasty!!!

https://imgur.com/a/dpgMl

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Upcoming U.S. natal chart progressions

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 am

SteveS wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:19 am
Jim. Since you are a keenly political observer, what has to happen in House/Senate with 2018 mid-term elections to shift balance of power in order to absolutely impeach??
This is tough - really smart people who professionally do this kind of assessment won't tell you they have certainty - but I can give you my answer for your consideration.

Odds are very low that the midterms will have anything to do with removing Trump from office.

This is true for a couple of reasons, but the bottom line is that I think something other than impeachment will be necessary. It could be sufficiently compelling situations for him to resign (not in his character, but things are getting really bad for him personally, emotionally), or some other legal mechanism (25th Amendment? other?); or, of course, his health failing (though he still seems alive engaged in things from the astrology of November 2018).

My first reason for the above statement is that the strongest astrological risk for his removal - or for something so close to it that we just "wait for the tumblers to finish falling in place and the lock to open" - is late January-February 2018, just around the corner. This is so powerful a negative time for him that, if something truly devastating doesn't happen to him them (either The End, or indications that The End is just around the corner), I'd probably admit that we're stuck with him for 8 years. The timing is best in the immediate future, not down the road.

But then we get to the political aspect you asked about. That's where the math falls. Impeachment requires three steps: First, a majority of the House of Representatives to vote at least one article of impeachment. Next, it requires a trial resulting in 2/3 of the Senate (67 Senators) to vote that he is guilty of at least one article of impeachment. After this, a separate step is for the Senate to vote (I think it only takes a simple majority) for removal from office.

If this is along party lines, then it would require Democrats to take a majority of seats in the House of Representatives which, in fact, they might do in the next election. (It will be a hard fight, but it's possible, expecially if recent events in Alabama and Virginia are an indication of where things will be in 11 months). However, it also would require that Democrats take 67 seats in the Senate, which, barring over a dozen deaths or removals of Senators between now and then, is impossible. (There aren't that many seats up for grabs.) So, even if the House impeaches, the Senate won't convict, and there can be no removal.

A couple of things could spin off of this, though.

One thing would be if Trump was credibly charged with something so egregious that even the Republicans in the Senate were willing to throw him out. While I think his actions already are at this level, I'm not a Republican Senator, and imagining what this might be (that could be decisivelt proven) is diffiicult. But taking this out of "party line vote" is one of the few things that could make it come out differently.

The other thing would be if the successful impeachment by the House led to Trump feeling he had to resign. This seems unlikely given his temperament and the virtual certainty that the Senate would not convict him. But there could be collateral things arising out of the Mueller investigation. If, for example, there were a Supreme Court decision confirming that a seated president can be charged and tried for crimes, he might cut a deal to resign in lieu of criminal prosecution - just about the only thing I can imagine that would have him resign.

Both of these are possible, but unlikely, events.

So I think impeachment and removal is unlikely, but something else to remove him is very possibly in the cards - and the stars.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com