Mystery solved: Big earthquakes & Jupiter

Q&A and discussion on Sidereal Solar & Lunar Ingresses, and transits & quotidian progressions of solar ingress.
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Mystery solved: Big earthquakes & Jupiter

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:49 pm

I think I've solved a mystery that's been hanging around a few years: Though not the strongest or most common Moon aspects for earthquakes, Moon-Jupiter has always been a consistently common second tier Moon aspect. In fact, Moon-Jupiter and Moon-Venus are both surprisingly common (Moon-Venus doesn't show for much of anything destructive! - but it's a bit too common for big earthquakes).

Additionally, Jupiter was on angles much more than expected (though, again, hardly a leader). I rationalized that this must represent the relief efforts and strong community bonding in the aftermath of a quake - except for some obvious exceptions like the Jupiter-everywhere Avezzano quake (which was a tragic failure of relief efforts, among other things).

Some of you noticed that Jupiter was being rally common for the BIGGEST quakes and suggested that Jupiter just mean "biggest." I've always found that unacceptable. My catch phrase is that Jupiter surely did not put the "great" in the Great Chicago Fire - or, for that matter, in the Great Chilean Earthquake.

Well... I now think it did hve something to do with "biggest," but not in the sense "Jupiter = big" is usually taken. It's because the biggest quakes mostly have something important in common: They create tsunamis!

I found one new, important quake recently where most of the death and destruction came from the tsunamis it triggered. The charts, while having appropriate earthquake markers, had even more obvious characteristics of floods. For floods, Uranus and Jupiter (trailed by Saturn and more distantly backed by Venus and Neptune) were the big players. This easily fit when rain was the cause, but was as likely to show the flood when it was something like the structural failure of a dam. Now, I wondered... are these same flood markers (perhaps with a bit more destructive stuff) also be markers of tsunamis?

I didn't think I had many tsunami charts, until I realized I have a LOT of earthquakes that triggered tsunamis - most of the big ones. Adding a few I had in my back pocket, I pulled together just over a dozen. Guess what? Yup! Saturn was angular far more than anything else (they were deadly and most of them were earthquakes) but just behind Saturn were the wet planets Jupiter and Venus, with Neptune closing the gate behind them all.

I'll have a fuller report later, but I thought I'd share this interesting finding. Furthermore, when you remove the earthquakes that created tsunamis and a couple more that occurred with enormous rains and flooding on their own, it nearly wipes out the Jupiter angularities and reduces the Moon-Jupiter aspects in the earthquake set.

No mystery any longer: When there is a strong Jupiter presence (angles or Moon aspects) in the ingress charts for a serious, highly destructive, high-casualty earthquake - look for the water! (Or, assume it's that damned, uncooperative Avezzano quake :) .)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Mystery solved: Big earthquakes & Jupiter

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Interesting. Not just about rain, but an earthquake that moves a body of water.

I know you've been worrying at the Jupiter-earthquake data. Glad you found it.

Eventually Avezzano will yield and explain itself.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Mechanically, it takes a large earthqake to trigger a tsunami. I think magnitude 7.0 is the line where they issue tsunami warnings and expect one.

In retrospect it's, "Duh." But I need to take my preliminary headcount and work the numbers up more carefully.

But it looks like it's the "wet" planets.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:49 pm

Big Water. :mrgreen:

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:15 pm

What is the association between Jupiter and water?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Jupiter is classically called a Wet planet. In the most solid statistical evidence in astrology history, he is associated with excessive rain. Mythologically, he is God of rain and the storm
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:43 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:23 pm
Jupiter is classically called a Wet planet. In the most solid statistical evidence in astrology history, he is associated with excessive rain. Nisswa logically, he is God of rain and the storm
Oh wow I didn’t know this, are all the planets associated with the elements and do we see those associations pop up mundanely?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:50 pm

The characteristics of wet and dry have been demonstrated in academic studies of rainfall and Sidereal lunar Capricorn ingresses. See the chapter on weather studies in Sidereal Mundane Astrology.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:46 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:50 pm
The characteristics of wet and dry have been demonstrated in academic studies of rainfall and Sidereal lunar Capricorn ingresses. See the chapter on weather studies in Sidereal Mundane Astrology.
Ok I will thank you

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Veronica » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:04 am

Very cool!
Geology is amazing.

Earthquakes of all sizes move water. If I recall there are 3 distinct types of earthquakes, or ways the plates move around. They move usually because the conditions under them have changed. This change has been said to be from underwater rivers and aquafiers that have eroded the bedrock away and created gaps and spaces.

We had a minor earthquake here in NY last week. It happened right on the coast of Lake Ontario. Under the ground here is limestone and the water table is very high. As the water wears away the stone creating channels and carverns the plates are kinda like on a slippery slope like ice on top of a river. In my neck of the woods an earthquake that shifted enough stone could very well break through the layers and drain out our finger lakes or great lake. Like a plug being pulled in a tub of water.

Earthquakes rearrange the deep stores of water underground, not just tsunamis. They dry up regions that once had plenty of water and build up new areas. We just dont see the evidence right away because it takes so long in many cases to divert large bodies of water.

Earthquakes are also caused by emptying out aquafiers like what is happening in the midwest. It creates pressure points that the water used to buffer...and even if we fill the gaps with sonething else..nothing works as well as water.