2020 Prez Election

Developing & testing the application of Sidereal Mundane Astrology to Picking Winners in sports competitions.
SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: 2020 Prez Election

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:56 am

Post South Carolina Debate odds:
Prez:
Trump -300
Sanders +225
Biden +1000
Bloomberg +1500
Buttigieg +3000
Warren +10,000

Dem Nominee:
Sanders -300
Biden +400
Bloomberg +700
Buttigieg +1200
Warren +3000

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Buttigieg is out

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Pete Buttigieg just ended his campaign. (I'm guessing he didn't make the $13 million fundraising goal they had in advance of Super Tuesday. We knew he'd do poorly in South Carolina, and he actually did better than I thought.)
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: South Carolina

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:54 pm

My South Carolina predictions, based on transits to candidates' natal charts, weren't very good.

JOE BIDEN (A data). "SC might be make-or-break for Joe... The main picture is that he has a good night - certainly enough to save his campaign. But Sun square his Saturn is distinctly bad. I doubt he wins the state, but maybe he can pull off 2nd place? ... His SLR a day earlier for Columbia has Sun square his Saturn right on the angles... He still has a deep pleasure that probably saves his campaign but he won't feel like a winner. Surely not 1st, maybe not 2nd." Whatever small nuance of this may have been correct, I call it wrong: He won, and won by a landslide, entirely changing his campaign's dynamics and shifting odds so that he is nearly tied Bernie.

BERNIE SANDERS (C data). "This looks like he has an excellent night.... Jupiter's square to his Moon requires that the uncertain birthtime be accurate to within a couple of hours. Without this transit, at least it isn't a bad night." This is right to the extent that he didn't have a terrible night. I think he thought he might do better in SC. Biden swamped him, then Bernie came in second.

PETE BUTTIGIEG (A data). "Pete is expected to take a bruising. In SC he is up against his greatest weakness. This night is critical, then, on the question of whether he is overcoming his greatest weakness... I think as long as Uranus squares his Venus he will have reason to celebrate. Nonetheless, Saturn to Pluto has to be a hard burden right now. I'll say he exceeds the low expectations." OK, yes, he exceeded expectations. I thought he'd get about 2-3%, he got 8%. He got endorsements from SC's largest newspaper. But he lost anyway, and today closed his campaign.

ELIZABETH WARREN (C data). "Even if the transit to her MC is fictional, these look pretty positive (though quite combative). Expect a fiery speech and Liz coming on particularly strong, likely with significant success..." Meh. Came in fourth with very low showing, getting no apparent credit for taking down Bloomberg earlier in the week, and no fiery speech that I noticed.

AMY KLOBUCHAR (AA data). ...she doesn't get the votes OR that there is a vote counting issue that adversely affects her... She does better than Nevada, not too bad overall, and there are issues that are the bigger part of the news cycle." Amy is always easy to get right. Yes, she did (barely) better than Nevada and yes, she didn't do diddly.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Super Tuesday

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:56 pm

Here is a repost of my Super Tuesday predictions based on transits (just to make it easier to see this week). Note that Buttigieg is now out of the campaign.
Jim Eshelman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:00 pm
The big primary day is Super Tuesday, March 3. There is significant reason to think the nomination will be resolved by then, especially since this year it includes California, Texas, and 12 other states, including the home states of Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar. Using an estimated wrap-up time of 8:00 PM PDT, and not knowing where anyone will be that night, here are transits to the candidates for the likely conclusion.

JOE BIDEN (A data). t Ve sq. r Pl 44', t Me sq. r Su 14'. Also, t Ne is nearing his IC and t Su crosses his IC for the 48 hours prior but has just left orb as these contests are over. If Biden is still in the race, he is definitely in the limelight for the day, possibly suggesting some surges (at least in particular areas) or possibly showing his stepping aside.

BERNIE SANDERS (C data). t Pl sq. r Ma 16', t Ma sqq. r Ur 35', t Su sqq. r Pl 51'. t Su also squared his Jupiter for the 48 hours before, but now is gone. Unclear. There's a fair bit happening, it's a significant day for him. Pluto to Mars continues to concern me about his health.

ELIZABETH WARREN (C data). t Pl sqq. r Ma 32', t Ju conj. r IC 54', t Ma sqq. r Sa 34'. If this birth time is correct, she's the big winner of the day; if not, then quite the opposite. In any case, notice Saturn is approaching her Jupiter, so she will weaken (for a time?) soon.

PETE BUTTIGIEG (A data). t Ne ssq. r Ve 47', t Sa conj. r Su 27', t Ve conj. r IC 23'. Saturn has caught up to exact conjunction with his Sun. Probably this means defeat; however, if it doesn't, then it means he is on a destiny path of great fundamental importance to his life and we shouldn't doubt him going forward. Venus crosses his IC and the next day, a the dust settles, opposes his culminating Jupiter. Despite exact Sa-Su, I can't rule him out: Rather, what happens this day will tell us what the universe is ruling in and out for him for the campaign.

AMY KLOBUCHAR (AA data). t Sa sqq. r Me 10', t Ma sqq. r Mo 10'. Not good. She does quite poorly.

MICHAEL BLOOMBERG (AA data). I assume Bloomberg will be in the primaries by this date, it seems his only real strategy. Saturn will have crossed his Dsc over the prior months, so he may have had the wind taken out of his sales. Nonetheless, if he's in, here are the transits: t Ve sq. r Ve 31', t Me sq. r Ur. 55'. This seems slight, but hardly against him.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:28 am

New Vegas odds, post Super Tuesday:
Prez:
Trump -170
Biden +125
Sanders +1200

Dem Nominee:
Biden -650
Sanders +400

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:07 pm

Prez:
Biden -110
Trump -110

Party:
Dem -115
Rep -110

Dem VP:
Klobuchar +150
K. Harris +160
Stacy Abrams +500
Warren +700
All Others +2000 or more.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Prez:
Trump -125
Biden +135

Party:
Rep -130
Dem Even

Danica
Irish
Irish

Post by Danica » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:38 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 pm
Prez:
Trump -125

Party:
Rep -130
Dem Even
hard to say what's scarier - the virus, or this
QUID VOLIS ILUD FAC

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:44 pm

Oh, easily this. The virus is just a thing.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:08 am

Prez:
Trump -125
Biden +135

Party:
Rep -130
Dem Even
Danica wrote:
hard to say what's scarier - the virus, or this
Jim wrote:
Oh, easily this. The virus is just a thing

Jim, Danica, Vegas favored odds does not necessarily determine who the winner is. Need I remind you again in 2016 Hillary was a 9-1 favorite on election day and she lost when a major angular Uranus-Pluto angular in the 2016 Libsolar timed a major contest upset for Prez with Trump winning? Research with sports betting odds with major contests proves major Uranus-Pluto symbolism for Sidereal Mundane Astrology charts is the astrological signature for major upsets. And again in 2020 we have another major angular Uranus-Pluto timed for the Prez election in the 2020 Libsolar. What the Dems need to see is Trump favored by 7/9-1 on election day for the 2020 Uranus-Pluto Libsolar to upset the favored betting odds for Trump with an upset Dem victory. The people vote determining the winner, not the oddsmakers, and imo, there will be a lot more Dem voters on election day than Rep voters. So, keep hoping you see Trump's favored betting odds go much higher by election day :) .

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:20 am

Going to predict that the symbolism for a major upset of the US election will be either a suspended election and an indefinite Trump presidency due to the virus, the death of one or more of the candidates, or a just a plain Trump victory which I think is likely given the primary democratic nominee is dying on camera

sotonye
Zodiac Member
Zodiac Member

Post by sotonye » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:35 am

We’ve entered strange seas and these new waters demand even stranger thinking if we aim to keep our wits about us! Any expectation of how things are supposed to go will have to be abjured, our thinking will have to get really weird and wild I think to navigate the future skillfully! The strangest events we can muster in between the folds of our brain are all on the table and it’s beautiful and righteous and scary too

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:03 am

Sotonye wrote:
Going to predict that the symbolism for a major upset of the US election will be either a suspended election and an indefinite Trump presidency due to the virus, the death of one or more of the candidates...
:shock: Now that would certainly fit the timing of the Uranus-Pluto Paran in the 2020 Libsolar.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm

What happens if Biden dies before election? If named, does his VP candidate automatically becomes Prez Nominee?

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:25 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:09 pm
What happens if Biden dies before election? If named, does his VP candidate automatically becomes Prez Nominee?
If he dies before the election then the Democratic Party central committee (by whatever rules they currently have) names someone else for the ballot. If it happens between the election and when the Electoral College votes, it more or less works the same way except I don't know if the electors are required to still vote for the replacement candidate (though they probably would; but that makes it complicated). The ultimate fallback is that the House of Representatives, convening January 3, elects a new President, but I think, instead, the Supreme Court would hold with whoever won the EC vote unless electors clearly broke the law.

If he dies after the Electoral College vote early December and the inauguration January 20, the Constitution is clear: Per the 20th Amendment, "If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President."

In any case, Trump's term of office expires January 20 at noon.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:29 pm

Thanks Jim.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue May 12, 2020 7:37 am

Any type wager you wish to make for the 2020 Election:

Who Will Be The Democratic Vice-Presidential Nominee?
Kamala Harris +175
Amy Klobuchar +400
Elizabeth Warren +550
Michelle Obama +800
Gretchen Whitmer +1000
Stacey Abrams +1200
Catherine Cortez Masto +1600
Susan Rice +1800
Hillary Clinton +2000

Will The Democrats Have A Brokered Convention In 2020?
Yes +450
No -775

Winning Party Of U.S. Presidential Election
Democratic Party -105
Republican Party -125

Will Donald Trump Be Kicked Off Twitter Before 2022?
Yes +525
No -950

Will Donald Trump Complete His First Term As President?
Yes -900
No +500

Will There Be A Recession In Donald Trump’s First Term As President?
Yes -4000
No +1000

US House Of Representatives - 117th Congress
Democrats -380
Republicans +265

US Senate Control - Start Of 117th Congress
Democrats EVEN
Republicans -130

US House And Senate Balance Of Power - Start Of 117th Congress
Democratic House, Democratic Senate +120
Democratic House, Republican Senate +140

Democratic Nominee For Presidential Election