for the four weeks beginning APRIL 5, 2021
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 14, 2021 to Jan 14, 2022. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Jan 13-Feb 9 forecast.)
- More severe than 2020, but a year of action instead of paralysis.
- Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn continues to define conditions, emphasizing autonomous survival and solitary self-sufficiency.
- MARS square SATURN (0°34', exactly angular). Harsh, hateful, hurtful, destructive hardship, e.g., deadly violence, fires, explosions, financial crises. Fosters hate + conflict arising from feeling powerless, shamed, diminished: Primitives competing for basic survival amidst widespread hardship.
- JUPITER square URANUS (0°42'). Recovery and salvation through scientific advances and social revolution. Collective optimism anticipating good change. Broadly, boldly liberal government or political activism: Ideological rebellion, remapping the larger social contract, liberal social agendas (demanding wider horizons, expanded and diversified opportunity, civil liberties). Invention, futurism, new tech (or tech vision), and “good science” engage imagination. (Uncommon for disasters except floods.)
- Activity and activism, rarely gentle or well-behaved.
- Mars-Uranus. Explosive: physical or psychological "bombshells," surprise attack, sudden action, "lightning war" (blitzkrieg). Moon-Uranus. Swiftly changing circumstances requiring rapid adaptation and response. Moon-Mars. A broad sense of emergency: Violence, fire, disaster, damage, assassination (or other severe crisis for leaders).
- Economic difficulties: Economic crisis and threatened markets (Jupiter to Mars-Saturn). Shifting conditions in banking and economic management (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn). The upside: We surely need to consume significant resources for economic recovery.
- Structural investment. Rebuilding economic foundations and physical infrastructure.
- Spinning up the wheels of industry, economic expansion: Greater industry and productivity (from the same aspects).
- Mars-Jupiter is stormy (including destructive weather). Forward momentum, expansive, with an enterprising spirit useful to recovery. Post-pandemic era of opportunity for new entrepreneurs, renewed entrepreneurial spirit, readily available capital investment.
Effective Apr 14 to Oct 18. This ingress marks the best six months of the year with Jupiter on Descendant (0°38') and square culminating Moon (1°37'). Yet, Saturn is also angular (WP 1°17) - weaker, but still strong. In a troubled year, survival challenges continue into the second and third quarters concurrent with emerging good news. "Getting better" is a gradual transition. During these six months, both good and bad things happen but good news predominates. Jupiter means increased prosperity: People get back to work. Economic markers stabilize with an increasing sense of optimism and well-being. Families and communities feel stronger and more secure. This is so despite a rough road getting there.
Saturn squares Uranus. Independence vs. restriction and liberal vs. conservative polarizations intensify. People have been in lockdown and restrictive conditions for a year and are anxious to get out of their doors and back to their old lives despite (or defying) the risks. Expect ongoing tensions between freedom and safety, between "the old way" and "the new way." Also, political opposition and gridlock loom as threats at a time we can least afford them.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Pluto Neptune Saturn. Pluto and Saturn transit Capsolar angles. CanQ Moon squares ingress Neptune (and transiting Neptune after 4/23). Saturn-Pluto brings flashbacks of 2020's apocalyptic feel. With Moon-Neptune, this is borne on a wave of mass-mind confusion, disorientation, and uncertainty. Saturn-Neptune signals grief, loss, and fear, intensified negativity, an undercutting of security, and demands for sacrifice and renunciation. These conditions suggest a horrendous resurgence of the pandemic at a level not expected at the time of this writing (Fall 2020).
Within this larger pattern are two periods of more acute pain triggered by Mars and the start of a turn-around late in the month:
Apr 6-9: Pluto Neptune Saturn Mars. Transiting Mars conjoins CanQ Moon. The pattern is thus Saturn-Pluto on Capsolar angles + Mars-Neptune aspecting CanQ Moon. (The Mars-Neptune effect is world wide; Saturn-Pluto is concentrated on the U.S.) To the apocalyptic feel, Mars adds a greater sense of emergency or threat and perhaps loss of life. Mars-Neptune signals terror. Both are consistent with feverish disease, fire, and other Mars phenomena such as military or police conflict or bloodshed. These few days are pretty bad.
Apr 21-28: Pluto Neptune Saturn Mars. Mars crosses Cansolar IC and squares its Ascendant. The forecast is the same as for April 6-9 except Mars is now concentrated (with Saturn and Pluto) on the U.S., not worldwide like Neptune.
Apr 28 to END: Pluto Neptune Uranus Saturn. Uranus squares Capsolar Ascendant: thus, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto are on Capsolar angles, while progressed Cansolar Moon aspects ingress and transiting Neptune. In an uncertain time, with doubt, insecurity, and dread overflowing the banks, something new appears! This doesn't necessarily bring more calm or security, but does start to break loose stuck circumstances. Tensions between safety vs. liberty surge. Political polarization tensions gear back up. Any movement is a good sign.
Jupiter enters Aquarius April 10 where it remains until September 6. We especially expect science and new technology to make a powerful, positive impact on life and further the Jupiter-Uranus themes outlined above. -- Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Liblunar (Mar 29)
Effective March 29-April 12, overlapping a severe Mars-Saturn-Neptune-Pluto Bridge pattern (described above). This chart seems insidious, threatening, and deceptive. Mars is exactly at Midheaven. Mercury and Neptune conjoin (0°24') near Descendant. Moon squares Pluto.
Mars angular signifies hurtful events such as fires, natural disasters, high profile deaths by inflammatory illness or violence, notorious shootings, military or police activity, and an air of crisis. Mercury-Neptune signifies confusion, disorientation, and bad (confused) choices, prompting uncertain people to ask, “What happens now?” Impairment of transportation and communication routes are always more likely with afflicted Mercury. Types of event that draw these themes together are bombs and other explosions.
The entire week is volatile (transiting Mars on a CanQ angle). March 29 may bring boiling over of emotions into the streets. San Francisco is especially vulnerable to tragedy.
Caplunar (Apr 5)
The Caplunar is dormant. Moon-Pluto is stronger than usual for the month: In Washington, the mundane conjunction is 0°16' wide. - Around the country, Los Angeles has surprises and shake-ups, Northern California and the Northwest are burdened and restricted, Minneapolis stands out for prosperity, justice, and general good news, and Indianapolis can expect fires and violence.
Arilunar (Apr 12)
Effective April 12-19. Is there an April "Third Wave" of the pandemic? The Bridge suggests that there is, and this Arilunar concentrates concern on this week. Saturn rises exactly (0°17') in Washington. Worldwide, Moon highlights Venus square Pluto. In Washington, Moon squares Mars in mundo. These factors signify loss, restriction, downturn, narrowing, and even grieving, with emotional impact affecting whole communities. Alliances fray, whether international or domestic.
With Moon conjunct Sun, government is involved, perhaps to provide relief in the U.S. since Jupiter is also angular in Washington. In this spring's theme of good news and bad news coexisting, this chart leans toward the negative. Expect more restrictions on life this week, not less.
Eastern seaboard states are particularly impacted by the negative turn. In contrast, something charming (special good news) is in store for the longitude that includes Phoenix and Salt Lake City.
Canlunar (Apr 19)
Effective April 19-26. Neptune squares MC (0°04'). Moon opposes Pluto (1°46'). Apprehension and uncertainty dominate the week. Any number of Neptunian events could emerge, all with the characteristics of insanity - madness, confusion, uncertainty, and disorientation, a wondering what comes next - a sense that surely another shoe will drop soon. Last week's threat still hovers.
Boston is exactly struck by Mars: Fires, violence, and inflammation can be expected. Los Angeles suffers under Saturn. Denver gets good news and a break.
Liblunar (Apr 26)
Effective April 26 to May 2. Neptune is 0°42' from Eastpoint. Moon squares Pluto (1°46'). In other words, the chart is indistinguishable from the Canlunar for the week before. It's primary import for Washington is the same.
Los Angeles has a much nicer week, though restrictions intensify in Santa Barbara and the central valley. The stock market may feel a negative impact of uncertainty as Neptune's angularity passes exactly through New York City.