for the four weeks beginning MAY 2, 2021
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 14, 2021 to Jan 14, 2022. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Jan 13-Feb 9 forecast.)
- More severe than 2020, but a year of action instead of paralysis.
- Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn continues to define conditions, emphasizing autonomous survival and solitary self-sufficiency.
- MARS square SATURN (0°34', exactly angular). Harsh, hateful, hurtful, destructive hardship, e.g., deadly violence, fires, explosions, financial crises. Fosters hate + conflict arising from feeling powerless, shamed, diminished: Primitives competing for basic survival amidst widespread hardship.
- JUPITER square URANUS (0°42'). Recovery and salvation through scientific advances and social revolution. Collective optimism anticipating good change. Broadly, boldly liberal government or political activism: Ideological rebellion, remapping the larger social contract, liberal social agendas (demanding wider horizons, expanded and diversified opportunity, civil liberties). Invention, futurism, new tech (or tech vision), and “good science” engage imagination. (Uncommon for disasters except floods.)
- Activity and activism, rarely gentle or well-behaved.
- Mars-Uranus. Explosive: physical or psychological "bombshells," surprise attack, sudden action, "lightning war" (blitzkrieg). Moon-Uranus. Swiftly changing circumstances requiring rapid adaptation and response. Moon-Mars. A broad sense of emergency: Violence, fire, disaster, damage, assassination (or other severe crisis for leaders).
- Economic difficulties: Economic crisis and threatened markets (Jupiter to Mars-Saturn). Shifting conditions in banking and economic management (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn). The upside: We surely need to consume significant resources for economic recovery.
- Structural investment. Rebuilding economic foundations and physical infrastructure.
- Spinning up the wheels of industry, economic expansion: Greater industry and productivity (from the same aspects).
- Mars-Jupiter is stormy (including destructive weather). Forward momentum, expansive, with an enterprising spirit useful to recovery. Post-pandemic era of opportunity for new entrepreneurs, renewed entrepreneurial spirit, readily available capital investment.
Effective Apr 14 to Oct 18. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Apr 5-May 2 forecast.)
- Jupiter on Dsc (0°38'), sq. Moon (1°37'). The best six months of the year. Increased prosperity overall: Return to work, a stabilizing economy, increased optimism and sense of well-being. Communities feel stronger, more secure. More good news than bad across the six months.
- Saturn on WP (1°17). Survival challenges continue concurrent with emerging good news. Seriously rough times overlap the sense that things are improving. "Getting better" is gradual.
- Saturn-Uranus square. Independence vs. restriction and liberal vs. conservative polarization. Long in restrictive lockdown conditions, people want to get out, to get back to their prior lives despite (or defying) the risks. Freedom vs. safety, the "old way" and "new way." Political opposition and gridlock threaten when we can least afford them.
START to May 26: Pluto Neptune Uranus Saturn. Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto transit Capsolar angles. In the Cansolar, Neptune transits progressed Moon and, until 5/11, CanQ Moon also squares ingress Neptune. In an uncertain time, with much doubt, insecurity, and dread overflowing the banks and frequent flashbacks of 2020's apocalyptic feel, something new breaks through that shakes things up. This doesn't necessarily make things calmer or more secure, but it does start to dislodge stuck circumstances. Tensions between safety vs. liberty return. Political tensions threaten renewed gridlock. Any movement is a good sign.
May 27 to END: Neptune Uranus Saturn. Pluto leaves orb. Conditions are similar but with the pressure lifted and sense of immediate existential crisis eased.
Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (May 2)
Effective May 2-29 and especially the first two weeks, May 2-16. This should be a positive month with positive breakthroughs and progress with Mercury conjunct Venus and Sun conjunct Uranus. Mercury is 0°23' below Ascendant (and square Jupiter); Venus is 0°56' above Ascendant; their midpoint is 0°16' from the angle; and they are in nearly-partile conjunction. Sun conjoins Uranus 0°27', more widely foreground.
Mercury is strong and beautifully supported by aspects from two benefics. Mercury-Venus means happy news media and good press. Typical events include diplomacy, negotiations, and treaties, especially agreements of peace (especially because of the added Mercury-Jupiter square). Events commonly center on an appreciation of form and artistic design. All such things should flourish this month (which might include smooth logistics as in the process of delivering medical supplies nationwide).
Sun-Uranus, in this climate, likely means a breakthrough. (It always means something startling if not explosive.) Liberty and release are key ideas. Roadblocks are overcome and stuck things break loose and start moving. There will still be speed bumps to overcome and some foot-dragging from conservatives, as non-foreground Saturn squares Sun-Uranus, but the general tone of the month is upbeat and successful.
Elsewhere in the country, the Sun-Saturn-Uranus angularity intersects Moon and Pluto in eastern Kentucky and Tennessee, through Georgia, and down through Florida, with Sun-Saturn angular on the longer curve through Milwaukee, Indianapolis, near Atlanta, to Jacksonville.
Arilunar (May 9)
The Arilunar is dormant. However, coastal California enjoys a beautiful Moon-Venus (adding Uranus near Santa Barbara). Coastal South Carolina has a Mars-Neptune intersection suggesting panic-stirring violence, which might be from early season storms (or, of course, could be human caused).
Canlunar (May 16)
Effective May 16 to June 5. Moon opposes Pluto within 0°44' in mundo with both planets square Midheaven (Pluto 0°20', Moon 1°21'). These three weeks mark a turning point both in current major issues and in larger matters that have been in transition for a few years: It likely will more strongly ignite the chief issues of Pluto in Capricorn.
In general, Moon-Pluto aspects - which have been in nearly all lunar ingresses for two years - signal events that stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity, marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts. These are easily seen week by week, even when that glaring Moon-Pluto characteristic isn't mentioned in the forecast. For the current three weeks, though, we can expect these characteristics to be especially obvious.
One type of event common for both Moon-Pluto aspects and their angularity are uprisings and revolts of the people - strong uprising of mass-mind erupting into defiant collective action (and, often, effort by governments to suppress them). Given simultaneous strong Saturn and Uranus angularities (see the Bridge), we likely will see an increase in protests and other collective, defiant raising of voices for these three weeks.
Liblunar (May 23)
The Liblunar is dormant.