for the four weeks beginning NOVEMBER 9, 2021
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 14, 2021 to Jan 14, 2022. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Jan 13-Feb 9 forecast.)
- More severe than 2020, but a year of action instead of paralysis.
- Saturn and Pluto in Capricorn continues to define conditions, emphasizing autonomous survival and solitary self-sufficiency.
- MARS square SATURN (0°34', exactly angular). Harsh, hateful, hurtful, destructive hardship, e.g., deadly violence, fires, explosions, financial crises. Fosters hate + conflict arising from feeling powerless, shamed, diminished: Primitives competing for basic survival amidst widespread hardship.
- JUPITER square URANUS (0°42'). Recovery and salvation through scientific advances and social revolution. Collective optimism anticipating good change. Broadly, boldly liberal government or political activism: Ideological rebellion, remapping the larger social contract, liberal social agendas (demanding wider horizons, expanded and diversified opportunity, civil liberties). Invention, futurism, new tech (or tech vision), and “good science” engage imagination. (Uncommon for disasters except floods.)
- Activity and activism, rarely gentle or well-behaved.
- Mars-Uranus. Explosive: physical or psychological "bombshells," surprise attack, sudden action, "lightning war" (blitzkrieg). Moon-Uranus. Swiftly changing circumstances requiring rapid adaptation and response. Moon-Mars. A broad sense of emergency: Violence, fire, disaster, damage, assassination (or other severe crisis for leaders).
- Economic difficulties: Economic crisis and threatened markets (Jupiter to Mars-Saturn). Shifting conditions in banking and economic management (Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in Capricorn). The upside: We surely need to consume significant resources for economic recovery.
- Structural investment. Rebuilding economic foundations and physical infrastructure.
- Spinning up the wheels of industry, economic expansion: Greater industry and productivity (from the same aspects).
- Mars-Jupiter is stormy (including destructive weather). Forward momentum, expansive, with an enterprising spirit useful to recovery. Post-pandemic era of opportunity for new entrepreneurs, renewed entrepreneurial spirit, readily available capital investment.
Effective Oct 18 to Jan 15. (Summarized from my original interpretation in the Oct 13 - Nov 19 forecast.)
- Pluto (WP 0°43') suggests high impact events. Saturn (Dsc 2°) suggests loss, unhappiness, burden, and death. Life conditions are extraordinarily dreary. Sun is (IC 3°) square to Pluto (0°42') and Saturn (0°52 mundo). Mars aspects Sun-Pluto.
- Great threat to the president. While it is possible these are legal or political threats, they more closely resemble the astrological patterns for the eight presidents who have died in office, especially those who died from assassination.
- The same aspects could signify an assault on the body and spiritual heart of the nation. Charts for 2021 would make more sense if we were at war - a big war! - though it seems unrealistic that a world emerging from a terrible worldwide pandemic would turn to war.
- Natural disasters could strike in the fashion of a Category 5 hurricane. A lesser possibility (I think it less likely) is that a new winter brings a new pandemic wave.
- Pluto (sq. Mars) sets through New Orleans (and along a curve northwest to Montana). Mars is on IC on Florida's west coast and due north to about Detroit, with Pluto angular through Miami.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Pluto Uranus. Transiting Pluto squares Cansolar Moon. Transiting Uranus squares Capsolar Ascendant. Big changes are in motion. A "new normal" is forged by people returning to jobs, schools, and open connection under new social, economic, and practical circumstances. At best, a sense of freedom and discovery prevails: The masses feel unleashed, liberated. New conditions are exempt from precedent or prior convention. Revolution may be in the wind as we survey how much of the past has been dismantled already and make way for a remapped future.
DURING TWO ADJACENT PERIODS, Mars joins Uranus-Pluto. Transiting Mars squares Capsolar Asc Nov 15-20 and squares Capsolar Moon Nov 23-26. Fiery, startling, perhaps explosive Mars-Uranus events concentrate in such times. (The earlier period is distinct to the U.S.; the later days describe the world at large.) There will be more violence, more fires, more hurtful events, and more of a sense of emergency or alarm. Police or military engagements increase. Accidents and other injuries hold the headlines along with attempts at domination and control, opposition, independence, and defense.
Jupiter returns to Aquarius November 28. Historically, this has coincided with significant scientific breakthroughs or pushing pragmatic boundaries of our reality (especially including significant space exploration thresholds and aviation advances); nuclear power in the news (as breakthroughs and technical development or as crisis); computer or cybernetic technology thresholds; support of more inclusive or universal political philosophy or alliances; progressive political innovation (especially greater inclusion and collectivity); scandals or other crises of those in power with the potential to dethrone; numerous coups, large scale protests against leadership, or similar overthrows; civil wars and their conclusions; and introducing innovative financial institutions.
Also, Pluto settles into Capricorn for the long-haul December 1. Both sign changes contribute a sense of changing times and shifting conditions. -- Summaries of longer-term trends from outer planet sign transits are here.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (Nov 9) Effective Nov 9 to Dec 6, especially the first week, Nov 9-16. This should be a good month. Though subsequent weeks each have their own character, the overall tone of these four weeks (and especially the first week) is marked by Jupiter on Ascendant (2°21').
Among Jupiter’s manifestations are victories, diplomacy and peace, heightened prosperity, economic expansion, and a spirit of abundance, celebration, and national pride. This is a high demand for a short-term chart, but we can expect improved conditions and what people look back on as "a good month." Additionally, expect a focus on entertainment: It should be a great month for the movies!
As this month includes Thanksgiving - the first Thanksgiving where people can look back on the personal and cultural costs of the coronavirus pandemic - this Jupiter suggests that most Americans find deeper, stronger reasons for gratitude. With Jupiter in the exaltation degree of Mars, Black Friday spending is likely to be back with a vengeance!
Arilunar (Nov 16) Effective Nov 16-24. Gripping news holds our attention. The 0°19' Moon-Pluto square falls with Pluto 0°33' from Ascendant (and Moon square Ascendant). Mercury is 2° from Midheaven and about 2° from exact mundane square with Pluto.
These events aren't necessarily bad - they are simply intense and fixate our attention. However, they likely are disrupting and (given Moon's angularity) draw our collective sympathy. The disruption may be in mercurial things such as information flow (such as Internet or other network interruptions) or involve stunning news. Leading figures who have withheld or denied facts will now have to "come clean." One version of "disruption" is new technology with a stunning impact, as if a bomb went off.
Keep an eye on eastern Michigan (Detroit or areas due north of it) for events of passion and explosive disruption. Something remarkable and positive comes out of Massachusetts near Boston.
Canlunar (Nov 24) Effective Nov 24-30. Neptune is a scant 0°03' from Descendant. Moon opposes Pluto (0°10'). This Thanksgiving week will be as insane as the mad rush on the first Black Friday sales after people have been locked down for a year and a half! (Oh, yeah, those sales occur this week, too.)
The tone of the week is deep absorption in things of great fascination or seduction. People need a serious psychological break: They will pursue it through compulsive escapism, with every variation the human imagination and desire can contrive, the most obvious of which are football, mad shopping environments, fantasy entertainment, and booze. Perhaps a new generation of synthetic reality technology will be the latest flying-off-the-shelf toy. (And Las Vegas surely is wide open for business.)
With Neptune, we always have to watch for the "snake in the grass" downside. Madness can be terrible as well as delightful. Neptune brings confusion, uncertainty, and disorientation that causes a perplexed "What happens now?" to escape our lips. Unfortunately, it's difficult to imagine getting through this week without a serious mall fire somewhere in the country.
Nonetheless, most effects will pass for pleasurable and take the form of heightened, surreal, and reality-altering emotion. Physical and situational reality are malleable.
Liblunar (Nov 30) Nov 30 to Dec 6. Mars, 0°10' from IC, mundanely squares Jupiter (2°). This is the most vivid aspect of the week. Yet, with Pluto only 0°00'06" shy of entering Capricorn, we also can't ignore the 0°00' orb on Moon square Pluto, the closest luminary-Pluto orb in the last three years of continuously recurring Pluto aspects.
It is difficult to narrow the scope of what this particular Moon-Pluto square might mean. Routinely the aspect signals events that stun our sensibilities and halt the mind with their intensity, marking unprecedented conditions and irrevocable shifts. We have certainly seen plenty of this since 2019 (and we'll continue to see it, with gradually fading strength, for two more years.) Certainly this will be strongest in areas like Lisbon and New Zealand where the aspect is most angular in the current ingress, though, as a Moon aspect, it will be felt around the world.
In the U.S., Mars square Jupiter is the most distinctive voice for the week. If this is credited sometimes with money crisis it is simply because the root impulse is to spend, spend, spend, and, generally, to squander resources. Americans probably are quite content to do that right now. While Moon-Pluto might bring a crisis - a "your payment is delinquent" note from the piper - the more likely trend is a continuation of last week's spending craze. The manifest theme is likely economic expansion - increased spending, increased industry and productivity, and increased employment - as in the aftermath of a war. I'll also boldly predict some new records set in seasonal sports matches as heroic effort, achievement, and cause for public celebration mingle.
It seems that people are having a good time!