USA Mundane Forecast
for the four weeks beginning JUNE 16, 2022
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 15, 2022 to Jan 15, 2023. (Summarized from my Jan 15-30 forecast.)
- An accounting cycle for the Biden administration. Republican gains seem certain in the midterm elections.
- Sun conjunct Pluto (1°21'): Unprecedented conditions, irrevocable shifts, rebellion against prevailing conditions, assault on or removal of those in power, and disrespect for law (greater lawlessness). People demand freedom from arbitrary control or leadership they feel is failing them. More people think of themselves as "a law unto oneself" or "exception to the rules." Diverse themes from severe natural disasters to political confrontation.
- Moon-Mars-Neptune: Crime is up. Neighborhoods feel more dangerous. Ferocious civil unrest. What was once called "civilization" rips open with unaddressed grievance while struggling to settle into new patterns in which people feel greater safety and security.
- Sun-Pluto with Moon-Mars-Neptune: Increased physical threat to the president or the Federal government as a whole (perhaps through heightened domestic terrorism).
- Moon opposite Mars (affecting the world as a whole): A state of alarm. Typical expressions: violence, blood, fire, earthquakes, accidents, other destruction; often significant loss of life. Other expressions: war, bombings and explosions, other attacks, deaths of leaders. Moon square Neptune (local to Washington): Waves of emotional reaction, fervor, herd-mind arousal, or panic accompanied by confusion, disorientation, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. Mars-Neptune: Panic or feeling the ground fall from under one’s feet - surging adrenaline with heightened aroused emotion - increasing the risk of treachery, sabotage, other betrayal, poisoned relationships, and scandal.
- Sun/Mercury = IC: Broadly intensifies and highlights Mercury themes, including transportation, commerce, and science. Mercury square Uranus: Scientific and technological advances continue (no turning from technology). Freedom and flexibility in communication and travel are big break-out themes, including significant expansion and redesign in social media's impact. Science continues to have direct, relevant influence on people's changing lives.
- Mercury-Uranus impacts social trends: With growing urgency of antisocial independence and autonomous self-sufficiency, with people feeling exempt from precedents and historic social standards, "independent thinking" becomes a rallying cry (though probably more of a fantasy than a reality: herd-mind passions surge the cry for "independent" opinion). Passion-fed rejection of expert opinion, reliance on crowd opinion, other challenges to convention or authority. “Don’t tell me how to think” takes on new, widespread life.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Pluto sq. Capsolar Asc, Neptune sq. Capsolar Moon, continuing the NEPTUNE-PLUTO ZONE. Collective (massing) populist voices rise due to a sense of pervasive anxiety, of "never knowing when the other shoe will drop." Waves of heightened emotional reaction, fervor, and herd-mind arousal are accompanied by confusion, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. This could be a reflection of the election cycle or the passionate civil unrest forecast from the Capsolar for the year.
Almost the entire month, Mars adds a threatening sense of alarm or emergency with the usual expectations of increased fires, deadly accidents or weather events, human violence - or even war - amidst general increase in volatility and harmfulness. Here are the dates of the specific (almost uninterrupted) transits:
- Jun 19-22: t Mars sq. Cansolar Asc
- Jun 26-29: t Mars op. Cansolar Moon [worldwide]
- Jun 30-Jul 3: t Mars op. Capsolar Asc
- Jul 7-10: t Mars sq. Capsolar MC
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (Jun 16)
Effective June 16 to July 13, especially the first week, June 16-22.
Uranus on Z 1°01'
Saturn widely foreground
-- Saturn-Uranus sq. 1°14' M
-- Saturn sq. non-fore Venus 2°48'
Moon-Mars sq. 0°35' M [like Capsolar]
Arilunar (Jun 22)
Effective Jun 22-30.
Pluto on Asc 0°25' [It all changes]
Saturn on EP 1°54' [something has been lost]
Uranus barely foreground
-- Saturn sq non-fore Venus 1°08' M
Moon-Pluto sq. 2°55'
Moon-Mars co. 3°41'
Canlunar (Jun 30) Effective Jun 30 to July 13. Venus is the only angular planet, yet Moon squares Mars and Pluto. (Moon-Pluto is closer in Washington than for the world overall.) The keyword of these two weeks, then, is likely passion: Ultimately, Venus suggests good feelings (of the "peace, love, and understanding" sort), but this week's emotions come from underly pain and rage.
I have already predicted a hot summer - hot from exposed tempers and festering grievances - and it seems that this week, with the third Moon-Mars aspect in a row, the passion boils over. The combination of successive Moon-Mars aspects with slightly different Venus combinations is common for war, but this chart with Venus on Zenith feels like domestic rage is afoot and people specifically are raging together for justice.
Nationwide, Boston and Philadelphia have the best charts of the week (Venus on MC and Zenith). Something explosive or divisive may erupt in Kansas. The longitude of Indianapolis has Saturn exactly angular. The Mars-Pluto combination centers in western Utah and Arizona.
Liblunar (Jul 7)
The Liblunar is dormant for Washington. However, several hotspots appear across the nation, including Saturn angular along the entire Atlantic coast, so precisely that it surely suggests violent storm warnings. The fiery (or even explosive) Mars-Pluto combination has moved to western Colorado near Grand Junction and, to a lesser extent, the band of longitude that includes western New Mexico.