for the four weeks beginning JUNE 16, 2022
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Chapter 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 15, 2022 to Jan 15, 2023. (Summarized from my Jan 15-30 forecast.)
- An accounting cycle for the Biden administration. Republican gains seem certain in the midterm elections.
- Sun conjunct Pluto (1°21'): Unprecedented conditions, irrevocable shifts, rebellion against conditions, assault or removal of those in power, and disrespect for law (greater lawlessness). People demand freedom from control or leadership they feel is failing them. Solar figures are challenged and held accountable. More people think of themselves as "a law unto oneself" or exception to the rules. Many possibilities, from natural disasters to political confrontation.
- Since May 22, Sun-Pluto has progressed to within 1°00'. This progression lasts until January. We are in the part of 2022 when the above Sun-Pluto phenomena come into their own.
- Moon-Mars-Neptune: Crime is up. Neighborhoods feel more dangerous. Ferocious civil unrest. What was once called "civilization" rips open with unaddressed grievance while struggling to settle into new patterns in which people feel safer and more secure.
- Sun-Pluto with Moon-Mars-Neptune: Increased physical threat to the president or the Federal government as a whole (perhaps through heightened domestic terrorism).
- Moon opposite Mars (affecting the world as a whole): A state of alarm. Typical expressions: violence, blood, fire, earthquakes, accidents, other destruction; often significant loss of life. Other expressions: war, bombings and explosions, other attacks, deaths of leaders. Moon square Neptune (local to Washington): Waves of emotional reaction, fervor, herd-mind arousal, or panic accompanied by confusion, disorientation, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. Mars-Neptune: Panic or feeling the ground fall from under one’s feet - surging adrenaline with heightened aroused emotion - increasing the risk of treachery, sabotage, other betrayal, poisoned relationships, and scandal.
- Sun/Mercury = IC: Broadly intensifies and highlights Mercury themes, including transportation, commerce, and science. Mercury square Uranus: Scientific and technological advances continue (no turning from technology). Freedom and flexibility in communication and travel are big break-out themes, including significant expansion and redesign in social media's impact. Science continues to have direct, relevant influence on people's changing lives.
- Mercury-Uranus impacts social trends: With growing urgency of antisocial independence and autonomous self-sufficiency, with people feeling exempt from precedents and historic social standards, "independent thinking" becomes a rallying cry (though probably more of a fantasy than a reality: herd-mind passions surge the cry for "independent" opinion). Passion-fed rejection of expert opinion, reliance on crowd opinion, other challenges to convention or authority. “Don’t tell me how to think” takes on new, widespread life.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
ALL MONTH: Pluto sq. Capsolar Asc, Neptune sq. Capsolar Moon, continuing the NEPTUNE-PLUTO ZONE. Collective (massing) populist voices rise due to a sense of pervasive anxiety, of "never knowing when the other shoe will drop." Waves of heightened emotional reaction, fervor, and herd-mind arousal are accompanied by confusion, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. This could be a reflection of the election cycle or the passionate civil unrest forecast from the Capsolar for the year.
Almost the entire month, Mars adds a threatening sense of alarm or emergency with the usual expectations of increased fires, deadly accidents or weather events, human violence - or even war - amidst general increase in volatility and harmfulness. Here are the dates of the specific (almost uninterrupted) transits:
- Jun 19-22: t Mars sq. Cansolar Asc
- Jun 26-29: t Mars op. Cansolar Moon [worldwide]
- Jun 30-Jul 3: t Mars op. Capsolar Asc
- Jul 7-10: t Mars sq. Capsolar MC
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Caplunar (Jun 16) Effective June 16 to July 13, especially the first week, June 16-22. In a tense, aggravated month, tempers are on a hair-trigger. In the end, stuck conditions will shift (but it won't be easy).
Uranus is most angular, 1°01' from Zenith. Saturn (barely angular) closely squares Uranus (1°14' mundo). An easy call when Saturn-Uranus dominates is political partisan divide and increasingly polarized opposition to change. With Uranus so strong, this time change likely will prevail, though it will be narrow and constrained.
This chart feels as if everyone is sitting tensely waiting for the next shoe to drop. Moon squares Mars (a mere 0°35' for Washington) matching the Moon-Mars of the Capsolar. The world feels more dangerous. More harm seems to be at hand. Crime is up (and is violent). Civil unrest remains a strong possibility for a hot, hot summer.
Mars is on Midheaven at the longitude of Omaha - just east of Fargo and just west of Houston - and squares Ascendant through Arizona and Utah, curving up to near Seattle. These may be the areas (up to 150 miles or so either side) where anticipated martial events erupt. (Wastern Texas is the most volatile.) Jupiter runs due north-south of Albuquerque for more positive, rewarding events.
Arilunar (Jun 22) Effective Jun 22-30. Pluto rises (0°25'). Saturn is on EP (1°54'). Events of high impact and senses-stunning intensity change something fundamental. Someone or something dear to us is lost.
"Tragedy" is not too strong a word for Saturn-Pluto pairings, which signify dramatic hardship, sometimes with an apocalyptic feel. Feelings of irreversible loss or separation prevail. Moon again aspects Mars and Pluto, though this week Moon-Pluto is stronger: Moon-Mars is barely in orb, as if rage is losing energy. It feels like defeat and depression. Saturn has just returned to Capricorn (after a month in Aquarius); its meanings are likely connected to these events.
Saturn squares Venus, amplifying the message of lost loved ones or other intimately personal loss. For more than this, we look at an experimental planet, one about which we are just learning: Venus is exactly conjunct the distant planet Sedna; Saturn mundanely squares both of them. In natal astrology, Venus-Sedna (in addition to granting sexy charm and a wicked sense of humor) seems to touch powerful old emotions often linked to ancient, primitive roots of femininity. If these observations of Sedna are correct (they may not be), then what Saturn takes away will touch those primal emotions.
Pluto rises through the east from the Florida gulf to Vermont. High impact events are most likely there (it includes Washington, of course), with a real chance of shake-up near southern Georgia (Uranus + Pluto). Saturn squares MC at the exact longitude of Philadelphia. Jupiter blesses the three West Coast states.
Canlunar (Jun 30) Effective Jun 30 to July 13. Venus is the only angular planet, yet Moon squares Mars and Pluto. The keyword of these two weeks, then, is likely passion: Ultimately, Venus suggests good feelings (of the "peace, love, and understanding" sort), but this week's emotions come from underlying pain and rage.
I have already predicted a hot summer boiling over with festering grievances. It seems that this week, with the third Moon-Mars aspect in a row, the rage renews and the passion boils. Successive Moon-Mars aspects combined with slightly different Venus combinations is common for war, but this chart, with Venus on Zenith, feels like domestic rage, i.e., people raging together for justice.
Nationwide, Boston and Philadelphia have the best charts of the week. Something explosive or divisive may erupt in Kansas. The longitude of Indianapolis has Saturn exactly angular. A Mars-Pluto combination centers in western Utah and Arizona.
Liblunar (Jul 7)
The Liblunar is dormant for Washington. However, several hotspots appear across the nation, including Saturn angular along the entire Atlantic coast so precisely that it surely suggests violent storm warnings. The fiery (or even explosive) Mars-Pluto combination has moved to western Colorado near Grand Junction and, to a lesser extent, the band of longitude that includes western New Mexico.