for the four weeks beginning OCTOBER 31, 2022
If you are unfamiliar with the methods and interpretations of Sidereal mundane astrology, please see my free book Sidereal Mundane Astrology. (A link can be found near the top of the Publications sub-forum.) For standard interpretations, see Ch 8 of the current (17th) Edition.
USA Mundane Forecast §§§ The Biden Report §§§ Other Locations §§§ Ingress Summaries §§§ Transits to Capsolar Planets §§§ Outer Planet Sign Transits
LONG-TERM (Solar Ingresses)
Capsolar effective Jan 15, 2022 to Jan 15, 2023. (Summarized from my Jan 15-30 forecast.)
- An accounting cycle for the Biden administration. Republican gains seem certain in the midterm elections.
- Sun conjunct Pluto (1°21'): Unprecedented conditions, irrevocable shifts, rebellion against conditions, assault or removal of those in power, and disrespect for law (greater lawlessness). People demand freedom from control or leadership they feel is failing them. Solar figures are challenged and held accountable. More people think of themselves as "a law unto oneself" or exception to the rules. Many possibilities, from natural disasters to political confrontation.
- Since May 22, Sun-Pluto has progressed to within 1°00'. This progression lasts until January. We are in the part of 2022 when the above Sun-Pluto phenomena come into their own.
- Moon-Mars-Neptune: Crime is up. Neighborhoods feel more dangerous. Ferocious civil unrest. What was once called "civilization" rips open with unaddressed grievance while struggling to settle into new patterns in which people feel safer and more secure.
- Sun-Pluto with Moon-Mars-Neptune: Increased physical threat to the president or the Federal government as a whole (perhaps through heightened domestic terrorism).
- Moon opposite Mars (affecting the world as a whole): A state of alarm. Typical expressions: violence, blood, fire, earthquakes, accidents, other destruction; often significant loss of life. Other expressions: war, bombings and explosions, other attacks, deaths of leaders. Moon square Neptune (local to Washington): Waves of emotional reaction, fervor, herd-mind arousal, or panic accompanied by confusion, disorientation, uncertainty, and an undermined sense of security. Mars-Neptune: Panic or feeling the ground fall from under one’s feet - surging adrenaline with heightened aroused emotion - increasing the risk of treachery, sabotage, other betrayal, poisoned relationships, and scandal.
- Sun/Mercury = IC: Broadly intensifies and highlights Mercury themes, including transportation, commerce, and science. Mercury square Uranus: Scientific and technological advances continue (no turning from technology). Freedom and flexibility in communication and travel are big break-out themes, including significant expansion and redesign in social media's impact. Science continues to have direct, relevant influence on people's changing lives.
- Mercury-Uranus impacts social trends: With growing urgency of antisocial independence and autonomous self-sufficiency, with people feeling exempt from precedents and historic social standards, "independent thinking" becomes a rallying cry (though probably more of a fantasy than a reality: herd-mind passions surge the cry for "independent" opinion). Passion-fed rejection of expert opinion, reliance on crowd opinion, other challenges to convention or authority. “Don’t tell me how to think” takes on new, widespread life.
Effective Oct 18, 2022 to April 15, 2023. (Summarized from my Oct 3-31 forecast.)
- Matters begun now will have unusual impact and continuity through the first part of 2023.
- Pluto 0°08' from IC square Sun-Venus: Repeats Sun-Pluto from the Capsolar: This is the quarter when the Year Chart's promise ripens. The Biden administration faces an accounting cycle. Republican gains seem certain. We face unprecedented conditions, irrevocable shifts, rebellion against conditions, assault or removal of those in power, and disrespect for law. People demand freedom from control or leadership they feel is failing them. Solar figures are challenged and held accountable.
- Venus rising conjunct Sun: Common for events that resolve conflict and bring peace. Venus issues are at the forefront, e.g., abortion rights will be a primary issue impacting the balloting. Might this also forecast a peaceful resolution to existing conflict and threats?
- Venus-Pluto (0°29'): An irrevocable change in relationships. Along with purely local expression (e.g., natural disasters) and social impact (e.g., marriage and reproductive rights), between nations this refers to significant shifts in alliances and antipathies. This will be its fundamental theme. I stand hopeful that the predominantly peaceful tone of the chart will prevail.
MEDIUM-TERM (The Bridge)
Worldwide, expect incendiary emotions and actions, volatility, and inflammation. Other than Pluto's square to U.S. Capsolar Ascendant, all the medium-term factors are transits to Capsolar or Cansolar Moons, which affect the whole world. War and its horrors seem the most likely themes, though this is also flu season - and we've come to expect fevers, infection, and other biological inflammation in recent years.
Another strong factor increases the threat: In the Capsolar, Mars was 1°36' from opposite Moon. By mid-November, Mars progresses to within a 1° orb. From now until the Capsolar expires in mid-January will be the most incendiary, inflammatory part of its 12-month reign. Volatile, rebellious rage following the U.S. elections is a definite possibility.
Mars transits overlap Neptune-Pluto until November 20. Perhaps the most threatening time is November 13-20 (just as the Mars-Moon progression becomes partile) when Mars and Neptune both transit progressed Cansolar Moon.
- START to Nov 12: Pluto sq Capsolar Asc. Neptune sq CanQ Moon. Mars sq Capsolar Moon.
- Nov 13-14: Pluto sq Capsolar Asc. Neptune sq CanQ Moon. Mars sq Capsolar & CanQ Moons.
- Nov 15-20: Pluto sq Capsolar Asc. Neptune sq CanQ Moon. Mars sq CanQ Moon.
- Nov 21-24: Pluto sq Capsolar Asc. Neptune sq CanQ Moon.
- Nov 25 to END: Pluto sq Capsolar Asc.
SHORT-TERM (Lunar Ingresses)
Liblunar (Oct 24) Effective Oct 24-Nov 7. Though Election Day comes just after this chart fades, the climax of this year's election saga likely will hit under this two-week Liblunar, perhaps as an October Surprise - though it isn't clear which side delivers the surprise. For example, this complex Liblunar would be consistent with almost breathtaking diplomacy. It also hides a trickster in the bushes, poised to overturn the game table. Finally, it speaks strongly of revolt against the current state of things.
Moon conjunct Mercury is most angular. Besides saying the news media will be out in unusual force (one doesn't need astrology to predict that!), we expect events involving flight, wind, swiftness, uncountable pieces of paper (or their digital equivalent), transportation in general, and - especially - anything relying heavily on strategic, tactical planning and coordinated mobilization.
Venus is next most angular (in closer mundane conjunction with Moon than you can see in the accompanying chart, and of course conjunct Sun). The Venus/Uranus and Sun/Uranus midpoints are along the horizon, a common signal of changing foreign relations. These aspects normally signal peace (perhaps a resolution of October's tensions).
Of greatest interest, though, is Uranus and Pluto returned to their mundane square. It's also hard to ignore that Uranus is rising conjunct Eris, another planet that has shown it can overturn expectations and make us the butt of its joke. Bottom line, Uranus-Pluto is like a last-second reversal in a football game that completely flips the outcome. It is destabilizing, revolutionary, revising, remapping, anti-establishment, and often anti-government, bringing new conditions unbound by precedent, custom, convention, or authority. It does its best to dismantle current systems and tear down existing, iconic structures. That's what we can expect for these two weeks and, perhaps, for this election cycle as a whole.
Caplunar (Oct 31)
The Caplunar is silent for Washington. (There is no "month" chart for the U.S. this month. The Liblunar persists as the most recent live Week chart.)
Arilunar (Nov 6) Effective Nov 6-27. This includes Election Day. As the Week chart (shown above as a mundoscope) has Jupiter within a degree of Ascendant, we can expect a very good outcome. - The problem is, people don't all agree on what constitutes a very good outcome to the election!
Jupiter is joined by a more widely foreground afflicted Neptune: The affliction is a square from non-foreground Mars. I think we do not need astrology to anticipate unusual treachery and trickery connected to the election. These, and a close Moon-Pluto square, do, however, anticipate an unusually large turnout with significant passion. I think the exactly angular Jupiter protects against large scale violence on Election Day itself, but the charts say otherwise for later in the month after the vote counting has settled down.
What does this Jupiter forecast if not identifiable "good results"? Jupiter usually highlights victories, diplomacy, peace, increased prosperity and a sense of abundance. This is confusing because other indications are that Democrats are going to lose badly, yet people feeling prosperity usually supports the incumbents. Following the astrology, I need to forecast that (besides more inflation from Jupiter-Neptune) most people in the country will consider this a really good week.
Our best clue to anything further is the Jupiter-Neptune conjunction; yet this also anticipates things that common sense does not expect from this election, like optimism and social cohesiveness. While Democratic Party losses are expected (and seem supported by the solar ingresses' message of overthrowing the current majority), Jupiter-Neptune themes show the strengths of traditional Dem constituencies, strengths like collective action, a conviction that we thrive better together than apart, social idealism and faith, and greater concern for the collective good than for individual wants. While I do not see this in the headlines and polls, I need to interpret the chart as it presents itself.
Canlunar (Nov 13)
The Canlunar is silent for Washington.
Liblunar (Nov 21)
The Liblunar is silent for Washington.