Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 16

Publications, including free downloads, commercially available publications, and user recommendations of books.
Jim Eshelman
Marduk
Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 16

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:52 pm

The 16th Edition of Sidereal Mundane Astrology is now available for download. This is an incremental edition: nothing is really new except the addition of nw examples and minor tweaking. (A new appendix includes the Sidereal Astrology Points of Agreement, but that won't be new to any of you.) The 380 examples are 26 more than in the 15th edition as we work our way toward a catalog of 500 quality major events.

You can download it here:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ansnmu2xbktamfp7EXSV-h-KZwE6aA

The book is now 901 pages.

Enjoy!
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish
Re: Sidereal Mundane Astrology, v. 16

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 am

Thanks again for this great work Jim. I never will forget when I met and asked Matthew what he considered a most important part of Sidereal Astrology which had not been disseminated widely. Matthew told me he considered Donald Bradley’s work on Sidereal Mundane Astrology as very important. And then later your forum appeared and one of the first things I asked you to considered was explaining more of Donald Bradley’s work with Sidereal Mundane Astrology. Without your work with your Sidereal Mundane Astrology book, I could have never seen/understood the importance Matthew was conveying to me about Sidereal Mundane Astrology.

Jim Eshelman
Marduk

Post by Jim Eshelman » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:13 am

Steve, SMA has proven t be the single most fruitful area of astrological study not just for its own sake, but also for all the things that spill out of it.

For it's own sake, it's fascinating - definitely holds interest.

But aside from that, SMA has allowed for a dozen or more specific technical details to be pinned down. There are so many things that couldn't be explored in natal astrology ever because of imprecision of birth times and poor cataloguing of precision dates. The very fact that every mundane chart's correct time is known to the second has payoffs I didn't at all appreciate before starting. Just as a small example, we know the accurate quotidian rate and pace absolutely, with no doubt - something that was debated for decades with natal astrology without resolution. We know that though angularity within a static chart (like a Capsolar - or a natal) is to be taken mundanely, transits to angles and quotidian contacts are to be taken ecliptically - something that we could have learned only from a system where chart times are known to within seconds etc. A dozen (maybe dozens) more things like this. SMA has allowed me to sort, itemize, and identify astrology's fundamental structures with a certainty nothing else has given.

And that's aside from the fact that every major event examined confirms the SVP to within a few seconds at most, a second or two most likely. It may be (despite all the TZ vs. SZ debate) that the ONE thing we know with greater certainty than any other astrological factor is exactly where the boundaries of the zodiac fall.

All of this - every one of these details - is a gift of Sidereal Mundane Astrology. SMA is like the U.S. space program, and we've gotten lots of Tang from it along the way.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:11 am

Jim wrote:
All of this - every one of these details - is a gift of Sidereal Mundane Astrology.
I understand Jim and believe me I sure do appreciate seeing/understanding 'these details.'