Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
abby
Planet Member
Planet Member
Re: Aldebaran (Alpha Tauri) 15°03' Tau

Post by abby » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:47 pm

Thank you so very much for your replies! Mr. Eshelman, This is so helpful and answers my question perfectly.

abby
Planet Member
Planet Member

Post by abby » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:52 pm

SteveS wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:55 am

Me too Abbyrose. I read my first Sidereal Astrology book by Jim Eshelman in 1985, and from this first exposure onward Sidereal Astrology became a beacon of light for my individual life. Jim's work and his forum here is a great learning service to the serious minded astrologer. BTW, welcome to the forum.
Thank you! There is so much to discover here and while I am still learning, I am deeply appreciative of all the fantastic information and discussion available here

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 pm

This Star interacts (supposedly-paran) with my Exalted Mars at my birth. Not sure what to make of this any thoughts (especially Steve here).

Definitely could call my Mars a torch (my rage is calm but explosive, there is no noise but blaze and fire, I don't explode myself however- I look cool as a cucumber but super focused).

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:58 pm

Soft Alpaca wrote:
This Star interacts (supposedly-paran) with my Exalted Mars at my birth. Not sure what to make of this any thoughts (especially Steve here). Definitely could call my Mars a torch (my rage is calm but explosive, there is no noise but blaze and fire, I don't explode myself however- I look cool as a cucumber but super focused).
What little work I have done with Aldebaran, imo, mundanely, it has to do with large fiery explosions of the greatest kind. Example: Look at Tokyo’s 1945 Capsolar when two A-bomb was dropped on Japan with Aldebaran culminating partile cnj Uranus, partile 90 Venus.
The ancient astrologers held Aldebaran in the highest esteem when it came to representing things to do with Astrology. Look a Cyril Fagan’s (the father of Sidereal Astrology) Natal. Sun partile conjunct MC with Aldebaran tightly conjunct his Natal Zenith. IMO, Cyril Fagan’s work represents the greatest astrological explosion the modern world has seen.

Soft Alpaca
Synetic Member
Synetic Member

Post by Soft Alpaca » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:29 am

Explosive force is definitely something I have used, not always the best option however. (Just chalked going from 0-100 in 3.5 seconds to my Venus-Mars)

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:18 am

Soft Alpaca wrote:
Explosive force....
Without a doubt imo.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:27 am

Now I want to expand upon some more thoughts about Aldebaran from two chapters in Cyril Fagan’s great book “Astrological Origins,” Chapter 2 is titled Bull’s Eye Astrology with Aldebaran being precisely in the middle of Taurus at 15 degrees Taurus. Chapter 3 titled “Stella Dominatrix.” Fagan writes from Chapter 3:
The Arabs called Aldebaran ‘Ain al Thaur,’ the Greeks ‘Omma Boos’ and the Romans Oculus Tauri, all meaning “the Bull’s Eye,” thus putting the Bull’s Eye in the dead center of the constellation Taurus. To this day the expression “Bull’s Eye” means the mathematical center. In the Egyptian Celestial Diagrams, as they are called, of the New Empire period (c. 1500-1200 B.C.), it was usual for the scribes to represent the stars by five-pointed devices classified as determinatives, but in one of the Ramesside diagrams Aldebaran is shown as an eight-pointed star of unusual proportions. In the classical period Aldebaran was known to the Romans as Stella Dominatrix, “The Master Star,” not because of its brilliance ---Sirius and Canopus far outshone it – but because , in Taurus 15,00,00 , it became the master key star of the Sidereal zodiac; otherwise known as the zodiac’s master fiducial, determinative, or marking star. In antiquity all ecliptical longitudes were measured from it or from its opposite, Antares in Scorpio, and its position shows that the oldest and hence authentic zodiac began with Taurus 0,00, at the beginning of the asterism which contained the Pleiades. Thus Taurus was and still is the primogeniture of the Sidereal zodiac.
But, IMO, even more important Fagan writes from Chapter 2:
…But when the Vernal Point was sliding (precessing) through Taurus for 2,197 years from 4152 B.C. to 1955 B.C. the most momentous of all years, for they saw the first pages of recorded history in the enacting. It was during these years that Egypt, Sumeria, Babylonia, and Assyria, the great nations of remote antiquity, arose and consolidated their power and dominion. It was during then that the mighty pyramids were built and the earliest events of the Old Testament occurred.
In a way, it was like history began with a tremendous ‘explosion’ of enlightenment for these ancient nations cultures, and it certainly appears to me the Vernal Point precessing through the Sidereal Sign of Taurus was cosmically responsible for this historical ‘explosion’ of cultural knowledge/enlightenment. I have long been a student of Ancient Egypt’s culture, and it most certainly appears to me when the Vernal Point formed its ecliptical conjunction with Aldebaran in 3058 B.C., this calculated the peak of the Pharaonic culture and its Theocracy contained in the Ancient Egypt culture. Just like Tokyo 1945 Capsolar calculated the greatest “bomb” explosion ever with Aldebaran ecliptically partile conjunct Uranus (Uranium Bomb) and culminating, it appears to me Aldebaran ecliptically conjunct the Vernal Point calculated the peak of Ancient Egypt’s culture. Could Aldebaran and 15 degrees Taurus with the Vernal Point have something to do with raising people’s consciousness collectively with the World's ancient nations? For sure, from a historical standpoint Taurus and Aldebaran are most important.

Fagan continues his narrative about Aldebaran from Chapter 3:
In Babylonian astronomy Aldebaran was also known as Ku I-kur or I-ku-u, the “Leading Star of Stars!” According to Langdon, “Nabu (Nebo), the divine scribe, who bears the tablets of fates, figures in many old myths. Here are legend and astronomy so old that they can be definitely assigned to the early Taurean period.” So Aldebaran also seems to be associated with Nabu, who read the fates of all men during the ensuing twelve months. Nabu was invoked by Chaldean astrologers as their god.

Also, it should be noted when the Vernal Point was ecliptically conjunct Aldebaran in 3058 B.C., the World saw the dawning for an 'explosion' of Astronomy and Astrological knowledge's.

A Wikipedia link to Nabu:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabu

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:53 am

What are you suggesting this means about the astrological significance of Aldebaran in a horoscope?
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:27 am

Jim wrote:
What are you suggesting this means about the astrological significance of Aldebaran in a horoscope?
Only if Aldebaran ware angular and partile conjunct a planet, it may indicate a more potent effect of the planet's symbolism, I really don't know.

The ancients seem to indicated it has great mundane effects for nations and its people at times, like Tokyo's 1945 Capsolar. Myth seems to indicate it has a special significance for astrologers. For the most part, the knowledge seems to be lost.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:47 am

More from Cyril Fagan on Aldebaran from his pamphlet “Zodiacs Old and New”:
In the eight century before Christ Babylon lay under the yoke of Assyria. Adad-Nirari 111 (B.C. 809-782) was the all-powerful king of the Assyrian Empire. Apart from his many military conquests and the extension of his domain, the chief event of his reign was the building at Kalakh or Kalhu (Biblical Calah, modern Nimrud) his residential capital, of a temple in honor of the great god NABU (Nebo). This sanctuary was a replica of the Babylonian temple, called Ezida, and dedicated to Nabu at Borsippa.

Nabu “the proclaimer,” who is accorded the highest honors on the monuments at Adad-Nirari, was ‘par excellence’ the god of astrology, as well as being the genius of wisdom, mathematics, reading, writing teaching, and schools. In Babylonian astro-theology he was identified with the fixed star Aldebaran in the constellation Taurus….