Regulus (Alpha Leonis) 5°05' Leo

Q&A and discussion on Fixed Stars
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Regulus (Alpha Leonis) 5°05' Leo

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Harvesting Ebertin...

Regulus, The Little King" (placed as the Heart of the Lion), the Royal Star, is at 5°06' Leo, and is commonly treated as if it were the essence of Leo itself.

Ebertin says, "it may convey royal properties, noble mind, frankness, courage... Its effect is in the best sense that of Jupiter and Mars."

"On the Ascendant [it is almost exactly on the ecliptic], it will give a courageous and frank character, especially if in conjunction with Sun, Moon, Jupiter, or Mercury. Positioned on the Meridian, Regulus will raise the native to high positions in life, positions far exceeding the environment the native was born into. According to tradition, this configuration will bring with it connection with rulers, honourable people or famous people... Regulus culminating is not only a good omen for a military career, but also for careers connected with the public, such as lawyers, civil servants, bankers and the clery, especially if Regulus is also in conjunction with one of the lights..."

"Elsbeth Ebertin studied historical events with [Mars or Saturn conjunct Regulus] and came to the following conclusion: ...especially exciting events are always recorded, e.g., assassination, coup d'état, revolution, revolt, demonstration, and similar events."
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Veronica
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Regulus (alpha Leonis) 5°06' Leo

Post by Veronica » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:37 pm

My Sun is opp Regulus.
I think that explains my mane.
I am a civil servant too.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Regulus (alpha Leonis) 5°06' Leo

Post by Jim Eshelman » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:53 am

Ptolemy characterized Regulus, "the bright star upon the heart," as "the same as Mars and Jupiter."

Robson writes: "From Regulus, a Little King, and often called Cor Leonis, the Lion’s Heart, and symbolically the Crushing Foot. It was one of the four Royal Stars of the Persians in 3,000 B.C., when, as Watcher of the North, it marked the summer solstice."

He gives its influence as: "...most later authors liken it to Mars only, while Alvidas states that it is similar to the Sun in good aspect to Uranus. It gives violence; destructiveness, military honour of short duration, with ultimate failure, imprisonment, violent death, success, high and lofty ideals and strength of spirit, and makes its natives magnanimous, grandly liberal, generous, ambitious, fond of power, desirous of command, high-spirited and independent."

Rising: "Great honour and wealth, but violence and trouble, sickness, fevers, acute diseases, benefits seldom last, favour ot the great, victory over enemies and scandal."

Culminating: "Honour, preferment, good fortune, high office under Government, military success. If with Sun, Moon or Jupiter, great honour and ample fortune."

Sun: "Power, authority, great influence over friends, honour and riches, but violence, trouble and ultimate disgrace and ruin, sickness, fevers, benefits seldom last."

Moon: "Occult interests, powerful friends, danger from enemies and false friends, gain by speculation, public prominence, great power, honour, wealth, benefits seldom last, violence, trouble and sickness. Makes women high-spirited and independent."

And so forth. It seems primarily to be expressing the idea of kingship, whether positively or negatively expressed.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Regulus (Alpha Leonis) 5°05' Leo

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:36 pm

I have Regulus rising in Los Angeles. For any location, my Pluto is in RA conjunction with Regulus and, therefore, crosses MC, IC, EP, WP with it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:26 am

Jim wrote:
It seems primarily to be expressing the idea of kingship,
I had Regulus on my MC and without a doubt--I experienced all kinds of "kingship's" with my career objectives relative to my meager environment I was born into.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:30 am

Regulus square MC at birthplace.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:42 am

This is quite interesting. I have it angular locally (where I've lived most of my life), Steve has it just barely a degree past his MC (I measured that in PV longitude), JSAD has it square her MC.

I'm reminded that astrology is historically called The Royal Art. Now I want to see how many more of our number might have this star particularly emphasized. (I had expected an Aldebaran focus, but this possible Regulus focus is interesting!)

On a quick check, I get: Cyril Fagan (0°06' from EP).

As I'm looking, I notice there is also a strong Galactic Center theme among Siderealists (perhaps a particular link to cosmic structures?): Donald Bradley (rising 0°45'), Gary Duncan (setting 0°46'), me (IC 0°11'), Jimmy Hynes (culminated when his Sun rose 0°29'), Carl Stahl (culminated when his Sun rose, 1°00'), By Jove (conjunct Sun in RA 0°07' and longitude 0°02', and exactly setting at birth 0°19'), Veronica (opposite Sun in RA 0°11' or 0°01' in longitude)

Firebrace had the Solar Apex rising when his Sun was on MC and setting when his Moon was on MC. - I'm getting the idea (which would need more investigation to confirm) that Siderealists tend to be linked into the primary zodiac marking stars and cosmic structures. A lot of us on this forum also have Denebola strong - usually thought to mark someone who holds views at wide divergence with the general crowd. Steve, did you know that Denebola is conjunct your Sun in RA, i.e., culminates with it? And Jupe, you have Denebola and Spica setting within half a degree of when your Moon rises with Sirius simultaneously on IC: This is a worth detailing (before I stop derailing this thread): Here are the RAMCs for each of these phenomena.

279°18' Capella rises
279°51' Moon rises
280°29' Denebola sets
280°38' Spica sets
280°44' Sirius on IC
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 am

Indeed Jim--very interesting. And further back into the past most all kings/queens had an astrologer serving their royal positions.

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:07 pm

Jim wrote:
Steve has it just barely a degree past his MC (I measured that in PV longitude)
So this means I have a near Jupiter (Asc)-Regulus (MC) Paran which explains more to me about my happy kingly life in commercial Theater Business. Very interesting when I ponder this angular combo. It may be we all need to pay more attention to any possible planet-star Parans or tight angular planet-star combos. Could supply some missing links.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:27 pm

SteveS wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:07 pm
Jim wrote:
Steve has it just barely a degree past his MC (I measured that in PV longitude)
So this means I have a near Jupiter (Asc)-Regulus (MC) Paran which explains more to me about my happy kingly life in commercial Theater Business. Very interesting when I ponder this angular combo. It may be we all need to pay more attention to any possible planet-star Parans or tight angular planet-star combos. Could supply some missing links.
I've been really disappointed with the difficulty getting consistent, useful results from fixed stars - almost like the aren't important at all. But (while keeping an open mind about the traditional ecliptical contacts) I'm currently looking at the idea (pushed by both Bernadette Brady and Ken Bowser) that star contacts are only valid by paran - not by longitude at all. (I'm motivated to spend time looking at it as I'm working my way through Ken's new book and preparing to write a review on it. Worth a look.)

There are two ways to look at this for you. One is by PV longitude and the other by the RAMC of when planets cross the angles (a normal paran report). The first can be done from my special Solar fire "star2" page file, the other from the "Star Parans" option off the Reports button.

From the star2 page, the PV longitudes:

Jupiter: Asc -1°30'
Regulus: MC -1°10'

These two "royal" factors are 0°10' apart!

From the Star Parans report, it doesn't look at close

Jupiter rising: 154°19'
Regulus MC: 151°23'

The paran is 2°56' wide.

I don't know which theory is correct (if either).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Irish
Irish

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Jim wrote:
I'm currently looking at the idea (pushed by both Bernadette Brady and Ken Bowser) that star contacts are only valid by paran - not by longitude at all
It’s only the so-called Royal Stars I am familiar with which seems to have a rich ancient tradition.
Jim wrote:
The paran is 2°56' wide.
Then this is two wide for a Paran. I thought a true Paran was a 1-2 degree orb to two angles using the mundoscope? All, I know for sure is these two Royal factors are the closest factors to my angles, which certainly explains a-lot to me with 73 years of life from the environment I was raised in.

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:09 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:27 pm
The first can be done from my special Solar fire "star2" page file, the other from the "Star Parans" option off the Reports button.

From the star2 page, the PV longitudes:
star2 page? I must have missed something.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Huh, I guess I never posted that one - and, anyway, I updated it this week.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post it.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sun May 23, 2021 7:23 pm

Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber is an excellent astrological example of Regulus. It was rising at his birth; his rising Moon is in RA conjunction with it; and his Mars sets with it. Regulus (at least by the paran theory) is a most significant star for this great dramatist, who is possibly the most successful stage writer of all time.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com