Jun 10: Immanuel Velikovsky & Judy Garland

Over 1,000 natal horoscopes for study to train finer sensibilities in natal analysis. Birth data of one eminent man & one eminent woman born each calendar day (AA, A, or B data) plus many bonus charts. - Please engage on these threads and share your observations!
Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jun 10: Immanuel Velikovsky & Judy Garland

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Garland, Judy. June 10, 1922, 6:10 AM CST, Grand Rapids, MN (AA).
Velikovsky, Immanuel. June 10, 1895, 2:00 PM, Vitebsk, Belarus (B).

Previously included:
Jindal, Bobby. June 10, 1971, 12:27 PM CDT, Baton Rouge, LA (AA).
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Re: Jun 10: Judy Garland & Bobby Jindal

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:04 pm

You know, they kind of look alike. A.E. Newman looks like them too.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:07 pm

Jupiter Sets at Dawn wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:04 pm
You know, they kind of look alike. A.E. Newman looks like them too.
LOL
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jupiter Sets at Dawn
Irish
Irish

Post by Jupiter Sets at Dawn » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 pm

You think they all have the same rising sign? 8)

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Jun 10: Judy Garland

Post by Jim Eshelman » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:57 am

Jim Eshelman wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm
Garland, Judy. June 10, 1922, 6:10 AM CST, Grand Rapids, MN (AA).
Judy Garland would have been 100 years old today. Her horoscope is one of the most fascinating and most-studied of the last century, and I recommend it to anyone here to tackle and dig into it.

From a quick glance, we see that she had Uranus and Pluto both closely angular and in major, exact paran: Uranus was 1°05' before her MC and Pluto 1°07' before Ascendant in 0°02' mundane square. Her luminaries in Taurus-Sagittarius are descriptive of her character and life, as is her Scorpio Mars. Of close aspects, she is probably best marked by her 0°07' Sun-Mars opposition and 0°02' Jupiter-Pluto square, but also by the close, perhaps mentally and morally burdensome Moon-Mercury-Saturn T-square.

With six foreground planets, there is a lot to see and say.

Feel free to dig in and share your observations of her nativity here.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:23 am

Quickly scanning:
1: For sure her “power of attainment” partile 180 aspect of Sun-Mars partile cnj the EP/WP in RA (a).
2: For sure her near partile Direct Midpoint of Venus/Pluto= Asc (1,03)
3: And recently learned from a couple of books on harmonics: For sure her 9th harmonic chart considered so important in Hindu Astrology, but I also combine close aspect principles of Sidereal Astrology with the 9th Harmonic Chart. We clearly see her 9th Harmonic Chart highlighting her Natal partile 180 Sun-Mars again but with an important emphasis on aspecting 9H Moon-Venus-Jupiter cnj closely t-squaring her 9th Harmonic Sun-Mars 180 with 9th Harmonic Pluto thrown into these aspects for “stunning/shocking" benefic effects.
4: She was considered a “revolutionary” actress in her time; hence, her angular Natal Uranus-Pluto effect.
5: Natal partile Jup-Pluto 90 for "extrordinary" luck and wealth relative for career in her time.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:10 am

Yes - thanks - quite obvious destiny elements. That Jupiter square to the rising Pluto is remarkable. (Usually it is a marker of possible great wealth. In her case, it came out as great success but devastating financial events.)

I lean most heavily on the Uranus-Pluto paran - both 1° from angles and only 0°02' from mundane square. Most parents want to hear their child will be extraordinary, but this is perhaps the one clear thing I'd be able to tell her parents: Your child will be extraordinary, revolutionary!

Of course, I couldn't have told them that when she was born. Pluto hadn't yet been discovered. Less than a century ago, we couldn't have included it! Imagine this chart without Pluto in it!! It's still exceptional with Uranus on MC 1° and Jupiter on Nadir, but the pure revolutionary genius of it couldn't have been seen until she was eight years old (and still not understood for decades after).
SteveS wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:23 am
3: And recently learned from a couple of books on harmonics: For sure her 9th harmonic chart considered so important in Hindu Astrology, but I also combine close aspect principles of Sidereal Astrology with the 9th Harmonic Chart. We clearly see her 9th Harmonic Chart highlighting her Natal partile 180 Sun-Mars again but with an important emphasis on aspecting 9H Moon-Venus-Jupiter cnj closely t-squaring her 9th Harmonic Sun-Mars 180 with 9th Harmonic Pluto thrown into these aspects for “stunning/shocking" benefic effects.
I thought to look at her Novien, but I'm tending not to go to the extra work until Mike gets to TMSA 1.1 in few months. But you got me to look. Yowsa, these aspects are even a bigger deal than the natal! This is an overwhelmingly benefic and revolutionary chart with Moon-Venus-Jupiter square Sun-Mars-Pluto - and then it falls right on that natal Jupiter-Pluto!! Here is the list of Novien and radical positions:

15°20' Vir - r Jupiter
15°23' Vir - r Pluto
16°19' Sag - N Sun
17°21' Gem - N Mars
18°03' Vir - N Jupiter
18°15' Vir - N Venus
18°23' Gem - N Pluto
19°38' Vir - N Moon

Finally... I've generally lost confidence that Novien signs mean anything. However, with Garland's Novien Moon (aspected with bountiful blessings) in VIRGO absolutely requires attention. After all, this "constellation of the Maiden" is foremost a symbol of an adolescent young woman, especially surrounded by agricultural themes. I think there couldn't be a better symbol of Dorothy - the young woman eternally attached to Garland and the foundation of her magnificent career - then the constellation of the Maiden. - Thanks for pointing my attention back to it and nudging me to dig it out.

Fixed stars repeat some of this symbol, since her Sagittarian Moon rose to the minute with when Spica culminated. I remain skeptical of the importance of individual stars, but this is a resounding hit consistent with fame (and fame attached to Virgo symbols). Fixed star parans are bountiful in her nativity, mentioned for those who want to dig further.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

SteveS
Nabu

Post by SteveS » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:00 am

Excellent points Jim. Indeed a super aspected Novien chart.
Jim wrote:
Finally... I've generally lost confidence that Novien signs mean anything. However, with Garland's Novien Moon (aspected with bountiful blessings) in VIRGO absolutely requires attention. After all, this "constellation of the Maiden" is foremost a symbol of an adolescent young woman, especially surrounded by agricultural themes. I think there couldn't be a better symbol of Dorothy - the young woman eternally attached to Garland and the foundation of her magnificent career - then the constellation of the Maiden. - Thanks for pointing my attention back to it and nudging me to dig it out.
Impressive! I have no experience with Novien charts but trust your experience with em. But, since I can quickly run a 9th harmonic chart in SF checking for aspects, I have been looking at em lately with my studies of a couple of new books and I am blown away with their close aspects. The more 9H charts with their aspects I look at-- the more I become impressed. Thank for directing my attention to Judy's 'outstanding incident' aspected aspected Natal.

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:07 am

I think the straightforward FB 9th harmonic - which is a Navamsa - is fine for internal aspects but shouldn't be compared to a nativity (or anyone else's charts) because all the positions are 120° from where they should be. The differenced is whether the zodiac starts with Aries (Navamsa) or Taurus (Novien) - I think the evidence falls for the latter.

Mike's TMSA will make the Novien available with a couple of extra clicks, and he has said, if there is interest, he might use it as a basis for allowing other "measured from Taurus" harmonics.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

Jim Eshelman
Are You Sirius?
Re: Jun 10: Immanuel Velikovsky & Judy Garland

Post by Jim Eshelman » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:40 am

I'm changing my pair for June 10. Bobby Jindal has fallen off the radar and isn't as likely to be known decades from now. I'm switching him out for Immanuel Velikovsky - see the top post for the particulars.
Jim Eshelman
www.jeshelman.com

mikestar13
Synetic Member
Synetic Member
Re: Jun 10: Immanuel Velikovsky & Judy Garland

Post by mikestar13 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:16 pm

Indeed, it will be easy to provide a generic mechanism for harmonics measured from Taurus. I may well do it for version 1.1.
Time matters